Her Light

By Malonec19

It starts with a girl who has thought about becoming a police officer ever since her older brother became one... More

cast
aesthetic
prologue
season one
1.
2
3.
not part of story
idk
5.
6.
7.
info
8.
𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟐
9.
need opions

4.

727 13 0
By Malonec19

Here is what u missed on the rookie

Jessica was pissed no one told her that her own brother got shot she didn't even get a call.  She got that she was on patrol but a little notice would of gone well but no she had to have a call of Lucy saying that there was a shooting with their suspect shelby and her brother got shot.

Jess and Nolan are now dating ever since their first hookeup they tried to keep it a secret but Lucy and Jackson ended up finding out because they were haveing a date on the beach when Jackson and Lucy caught them.

_________________________________________

Jessica was cooking breakfast in only a oversized tee-shirt when she hears her bedroom door open than close she turns to see Nolan standing in the door frame of the kitchen.

"Morning sleepy head" she says while teasing him.

"Morning how long u been awake I didn't feel u get out of bed" John says his voice was deep as for only waking up

"Only a hour or 2 I couldnt sleep so I thought that I should make u breakfast" she says while walking up to John and wrapping her arms around his neck.

"You could of woke me up I would of helped you with the cooking" John says while kissing jessica

"You looked so peaceful almost like sleeping beauty" she says while laughing as she walks back to the stove.

She walks out the kitchen and onto the backyard patio and places two places the plates on the table.

"Are you coming or what your breakfast will get cold" she says while sitting down on the chair.

She looked at him for a while and than looked in front of Her Jess loved eating her breakfast outback because the view is amazing and plus she gets to relax before she has to go to the station.

"I'm coming" he says while sitting down next to Jess
"Why didn't we go out for breakfast" he says while taking a drink out of coffee

"Well if anyone from the station found out about us than we would be fucked and I think we both want a job" she says while looking at him hoping he understands.

He nods " well I'm not saying this view isn't amazing but you should see the veiw at the house I'm staying at it might be better than this veiw" he says the last part in a teasing tone

They finish eating their breakfast and start to get ready for their shift

_________________________________________
At the station

Lucy and Jessica were changing in the locker room

"So Jess are u and John having a date tonight" Lucy says in a whisper

"I don't know John's not said anything" Jess says. Lucy found out about John and Jess when Lucy one day uninvited arrived at Jessica's house when it was her and John's date night.

"Anyway we gotta go enough about me we gotta get down to the briefing room" Jess says while walking out the locker room leaving Lucy on her own to get ready.

***
She walks into the briefing room and sits down in her usual chair and starts to talk to Jackson as they start to talk Jessica sees Lucy and John walk into the briefing room and sat down on either side of Jess.

Sergeant Grey walked into the briefing room immediately silencing everyone from their conversations.

"Settle down. Let's get to it. You ready, Officer Nolan? 'Cause once again, we start with you." He says. Officer Nolan looks at Grey with a defeated look onto his face.

"I'm flattered" he says with sarcasm in his voice.

"Don't be. Yesterday, a four-man crew disguised as zombies knocked over a cash advance near Pico and Robertson. So, Officers Bishop and Nolan were able to apprehend two of the criminals, while the other two escaped. Somehow, Officer Nolan managed to let a civilian steal ten grand in already stolen cash. Luckily, CCTV captured our thief. Still waiting on an I.D." Grey explains.

Nolan raises his hands to speak "uh, he plays guitar if that help?" He says watching as Grey rolls his eyes.

"Absolutely. 'Cause they always list special talents on your rap sheet." Grey says as the officers erupt into laughter. Jessica couldn't help but feel bad for Nolan. He always seemed to be catching the end of the stick.

Captain Anderson steps into the briefing room "we just got some new intel on our zombies. Turns out that they're responsible for a rash of armed robberies in the last six months, always disguised differently. Detectives want to get the two in custody to flip on their partners at large, but there is no guarantee, so don't stop hunting. Finally, we got a request for a civil standby. Turns out somebody's getting fired from a tech job. Supervisor's worried things may not go right."

Grey nods "Babysitting a termination: a patrol officer's favorite assignment. So, who shall I bless with it?" Officer Nolan raises his hand.

"Are you volunteering?" Grey asks but everyone knew that Nolan was already going to be picked. Nolan sighs as he folds his hands on top of each other "Just embracing the inevitable, sir"

"Oh and officer Bradford you will be rideing with officer Bradford and officer Chen today as captain has requested for me to do some paper work in my office" grey says while looking at jessica.

She nods understanding she feels as this is gonna be a long day as whenever she rides with Tim and Lucy there is so much tension.

***
T

he car ride so far felt awkward to Jessica it was so quite.

Tim opens his mouth to speak but was interrupted by a call coming through the box.

The call was at a bank apparently there was someone trapped inside the wall of the ATM and was running out of air.

The bank manger sighed in relief at the three officers. Visible sweat droplets we're forming on his forehead most likely from the stress he induced.

"Oh! Thank God you're here" he says waving out his arm motioning for them to follow him. Tim leads the way into the bank as he sees the ATM.

Tim picks up his radio "Control, 7-Adam-19 requesting LAFD to 3301 Ditmer, for a guy trapped in a wall." He says before clipping it back onto his belt.

Tim knocks on the wall "Sir can you hear me?" He says loudly. A piece of paper comes out of the machine. Lucy grabs the piece of paper looking at the illegible writing.

"What's that mean?" Tim asks. Jessica and Lucy looks at him with a slight worried expression "Hypoxia. I don't think there's enough time for the fire department" Jessica says.

Tim runs out of the bank and to the shop grabbing a Halligan.

After many attempts at hitting the wall Tim was able to free the man with paramedics right outside to help.

Jess and Lucy sign in relief at the thought of the man being ok

"This is gonna be a stress full day I can feel it" Jess says to Lucy and they walk back to the shop.

***
Mid day arrived for them nothing crazy has happened for the two. Right now Tim was in the process of writing a report for a burglary. When Lucy got the urge to go to the bathroom.

"Hey, I'm just gonna hit the restroom." Lucy says as she starts heading towards the direction of the bathroom. Tim turns to her "Make it fast boot" he says watching as started to walk inside.

Lucy nods and walks into the building finding the bathroom. She was relieved to be able to pee after hours of driving. It seemed like such a hard thing to do was find a safe bathroom.

"Your gonna do a time test on her arnt you" Jessica says as she stands next to tim.

"Oh I don't know what u mean" Tim says while giving Jessica a small smile

Once it was clear lucy takes off her duty belt swinging it over the stall as she lets out a sigh of relief. A moment later, a hand reaches over and grabs the belt disappearing with it.

Lucy quickly stands up putting her pants on as she lets out a string of curse words.

She looks over at Tim and Jessica with a panicked look on her face "Hey, did anyone run out here?" She asks.

Tim shakes his head "No" he says watching as her face drops "Someone took my belt and gun. I hung it on the hook, and I secured the bathroom beforehand. There was no one else in there." She starts to feel anxious knowing Tim is going to yell at her.

"Did the walls of the stall reach top to bottom?" He asks. Lucy shakes her head "Then it wasn't secure, was it, Boot? Now your weapon is on the street because you couldn't hold your water. " he says with clear anger in his tone of voice. Lucy wanted to roll her eyes and cuss him out but she bit her tongue.

The conversation was interrupted when Tim's phone started to ring. He seems to be in deep conversation as Lucy and Jessica watches the way his eyes widen in worry.

"Get in" Tim orders as he hangs up the phone. Lucy gets into the car "What about my belt?" She asks.

He hands her the belt that was in the back seat "Where are we going?" She asks. He turns his lights off speeding into the direction of the hospital.

"The emergency room"

***

Jessica, Lucy and Tim arrived at the emergency department. He looks over at Lucy "You stay here. " he tells before walking over to the receptionist.

"Do u need me to come with you" Jess says while looking at Tim with so much concern on her face.
"No u stay with Chen" time says while rushing over to the receptionist.

Jess and Lucy could faintly hear him ask where his ex-wife Isabel Bradford room was.

Jessica and Lucy couldn't make out any conversation between the two but she could clearly tell it was a hard conversation as she watches him get angry. She watches him punch the wall next to him which immediately caused her to rush into the room. Jessica looks at her brother with so much concern on her face.

"Are you okay?"

***

Tim didn't talk much about what happened with Isabel. Jessica was pissed cause all her brother was trying to do was help Tim offered Isabel help with suggestions with rehab but she just wanted to be left alone. Jess and Lucy could tell that along this car ride he wanted to be left alone.

"7-Adam-19, report of a biker gang, drunk and disorderly at The Hard Road bar." Dispatch calls through the radio. Tim responds to the call realizing they weren't far from the area.

Jessica looks over at Tim "Are you okay to do this? We can ask for another unit to be assigned." She asks.

Tim shakes his head "I'm fine" he says before pulling up to the front of a bar where dozens of bikers were hanging out front.

"How do you identify a motorcycle club, Boot?" Lucy and Jessica look over at the leather jacket "Uh, the three rockers on the back of their jackets they show gang name, logo, and state of origin "Dead Bastards MC."lucy reads out.

Tim nods "Someone's going to fight us the minute we step out of the car" lucy tells Tim. Tim's only response was a simple nod as all three of them get out of the car.

"Shouldn't we call for back up?" Jessica asks Tim. Both female officer's felt slightly uncomfortable with this particular call as they were outnumbered.

Tim shakes his head no and scoffs "Where's the fun in that?" He tells her. A gang member throws a bottle of beer at the shop making Lucy and Jessica's hand hover over her taser.

Tim scoffs "Now, that's just sad. Either you're man enough to come at me or you're not. Now, who needs a felony?" Tim says holding his hands out as a gesture that he's ready to fight.

Jessica shakes her head she thought Tim was being completely stupid, especially by putting both of them at risk.

After much hesitation from some members a man steps forward. The man whose name is Jordan throws a bottle at Tim who swats it away, and the fight begins. Jess and Lucy stands by with their hand on their holster and the bikers keeping an eye on both of them. Tim takes some hard hits but eventually gets Jordan face down on the pavement.

"You lost" Tim says roughly picking up the biker and putting handcuffs on him. Tim had differed a busted lip and a few scratches above his eyebrow.

Lucy was furious as she felt Tim being completely selfish as to dragging her into a dangerous situation.

"What the hell was that?" She asks with anger clear in her voice. Tim looks at her "Patrol work, Boot. You planning on saying otherwise?" Jess and Lucy shakes her head.

***

End of shift approached Lucy sighs as she repeats what she wants to talk to Tim about. She felt like Tim was completely careless and put both her and Jessica into a dangerous situation because he was angry with his ex- wife.

Jess and Lucy was dressed in normal clothes as she grabbed her purse and said a quick goodbye to Lucy.

Lucy could see Tim walking out of the locker room

with his bag over his shoulder. She felt a sense of nervousness run through her as she thought about standing up to her T.O. But, she wasn't going to let him ruin her training for her.

"What's up boot?" Tim asks as he takes in her appearance. He noticed she had looked so much different with her hair down and in regular clothing.

Lucy scrunched her eyebrows together as she felt a wave of confidence.

"What you did out there was stupid. I'm your rookie. It is your job to teach me the right ways of becoming a cop, and always having my back. I know you were angry with what happened with Isabel. But, that doesn't give you a right to put me in danger Officer Bradford. I want to learn the right way, and if you don't have my back. There will be problems" she says. She felt an instant relief as she was able to let out how she felt her and Jessica had talked how Lucy should be the one who tells him of in person and than Jess will tell him off over text when she gets the chance.

Tim raises an eyebrow "Did you just talk back to me?"He asks her. Lucy nods "I mean it" she says in a low but audible tone.

Tim sighs feeling a sense of guilt as he put her into a dangerous situation "You're right, I apologize. I shouldn't have done that. I know better" he starts "But, you're a real pain in the ass for giving me attitude boot" Lucy laughs.

"That's my job Bradford" she says accepting his apology. Tim gives her a smile never in his years of training did her ever have a rookie who stood up to him and talked back. They were always scared but, something about Lucy was intriguing to him.

"Have a goodnight chen" Tim says

"Call me lucy" she says with a smile she hoped this could mean that he would let down the wall he had up and actually make an effort to be civil with her.

***
When Jessica had finally arrived home she never realized how tried she was she wasent to tell John the she wouldn't be able to go on their date tonight but Jess didn't have the energy to do Evan anything that night

She walked inside her house to see that it was pitch black she walks into her bedroom and turns the light on only to see that John was in her bed fast asleep

Jess gave John a spare key to her house for whenever he doesn't feel like going back to his place she didn't mind him being in her bed.

She got changed into comfy clothes and got into bed and layed next to John

Hey y'all sorry if I haven't been posting much I needed to focus on my mental health because it's not doing the best at the moment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.9K 831 22
Tim wants something real with Lucy after ending things with his ex, Ashley. Lucy's busy trying to make Tim jealous with her new personality, the gir...
4.8K 89 11
Lucy is a 13 year old girl that has been through hell. She has been adopted by two police officers, she is scared about school. Wondering what others...
3.2K 112 4
𝐑𝐑𝐲𝐭𝐑𝐦 "𝓂ℴ𝓋ℯ𝓂ℯ𝓃𝓉 𝓂𝒢𝓇𝓀ℯ𝒹 π’·π“Ž 𝓉𝒽ℯ π“‡β„―π‘”π“Šπ“π’Άπ“‰β„―π’Ή π“ˆπ“Šπ’Έπ’Έβ„―π“ˆπ“ˆπ’Ύβ„΄π“ƒ ℴ𝒻 π“ˆπ“‰π“‡β„΄π“ƒπ‘” 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“Œβ„―π’Άπ“€ β„―π“β„―π“‚β„―π“ƒπ“‰π“ˆοΌŒβ„΄π“‡ ℴ𝒻 β„΄π“…π“…β„΄π“ˆ...
8.2K 103 14
Isabel returns and tries to break Tim and Lucy up. But will there be more ex's along the way???