Modern Vampire

By WritingMyHeart

A whole week is missing from Crystal's life, only in that week her life transformed into something different... More

Modern Vampire
How It Begins; the prologue
(1) Wake Up Call
(2) Nicholas Imalogalu
(3) Velvet Blood
(4) Confession
(5) Ryan
(6) A Day Of Firsts'
(7) Zombie Smasher
(8) Secrets
(9) Night Time Visit
Author's Note
(11) Date Night
(12) Back to School
(13) Order In

(10) Grey Eyes

70 5 0
By WritingMyHeart

It is Ryan's arms wrapping tightly around me that stirs me, careful not to move my eyes shoot open. Ryan is asleep, but by the unnerving grip around me and his elevating temperature, I feel that he is having some sort of scarce dream.

He whimpers raising my concern, not caring if I wake him or not, I turn over to face him. His body twitches but he doesn't awaken from his night terror.

"Crystal," His calls my name, he makes it sound like it is the saddest word ever to be spoken, and that all it beholds is melancholy.

Perspiration makes a layer on his forehead, my chest tightens as he is trapped. I find myself shaking him, until his eyes shoot open and he is panting heavily, looking right at me, or through me. Not a single word passes between us, he sits up wrapping me in his arms; he pulls me to him. I too put my arms around him, to try and calm him.

I press myself to his neck, his neck pulsates against my lips "It's alright, I'm right here," the words seem unnatural.

"Promise me you will always be right here, as you are? The same Crystal I met for the first time, confident, independent..." I smile against him before making a promise, only I feel him whisper again "and human." my smile fades. I don't know how to respond to him.

He holds me by my shoulders pulling me from him, so we are eye to eye. "Promise me?" His eyes search mine for the promise, the promise I have already broken before I have even made it.

I should tell him, I know I should. He waits jawline tight, locked in nerves, perhaps. Maybe he knows, and maybe he's just waiting for me to confess. Or maybe he's had a warning in a dream, what if I've altered my destiny, took a wrong move and Khalunga and told him to back off... Looking at the boy before me, could I deal with losing him? "I promise," the words feel dry on my tongue, I lied to him. I am already in too deep.

He lets out what seems like a heavy needed sigh, his whole facial expression softens. I'm sitting on his lap, he feels so warm. He reaches forward, his hand cupping my chin. My lips tingle, and he hasn't even kissed me yet. His eyes don't shut, they stay focused on me giving me chills; something tells me I should keep eyes open too.

There is something unsettling about the kiss, when we finally pull a part he smiles at me. It isn't a full smile but a wild small one. Ryan keeps me in his embrace, his wary stare makes me feel uneasy.

I push myself forward onto him, I'm almost sitting on his knee. Wrapping my arms around his torso I allow myself to melt into him. He holds me tightly, gently planting soft kisses on my neck. I'm forced to smile at the warm dampness.

"I think we should go out tonight," He whispers.

"Just you and me?" I whisper back to him.

"You, me and the rest of the cinema audience,"

"Like a date night?" I grin at him.

He pulls me from his neck to look at me "Exactly like a date night," he kisses the tip of nose.

Excitement fills me, I feel as eager as ever to be with him. Restraining myself from squealing like a little girl I hug him excitedly. I've known Ryan for a couple of years now, and we only started getting into each other about a year ago, however I have pretty much been crushing on him since day one, we have only had several dates during the entire time of knowing one another, I can count them on one hand, and even two of those were with other people. So tonight will be a well needed rarity.

"Until then what should we do?" He asks.

We could do plenty of things "Whatever you want,"

"I could make breakfast, and then we hang out a little while. Later we separate so we can get ready and I will pick you up for our date!" He squeezes before taking me off him. As he stands he stretches revealing his toned torso, I can feel heat rises up the back of my neck. Ryan catches my gaze grinning at me. Oh what they boy does to me.

I watch his ass as he walks out the room, even though he's left the room I can hear his heavy footsteps walking in the direction of the kitchen. Butterflies are still pandemonium in my stomach, it is almost sickening. I never understood how one person, their touch, certain things they do can make me you feel such intensifying emotions. I'd never thought I'd be one of those girls all loved up over a boy, I always laughed at those kind of girls. I think Ryan has taken all control of me, and I might just be enjoying every second of it.

"Are you joining me for breakfast or not?" Ryan calls from the kitchen, I waste no time in joining him.

He moves around my kitchen as if it were his own, fumbling around the cupboards and picking things out of the fridge. I sit myself down at the dining room table, he looks chilled as he fries food in the pan.

"What you cooking good looking?" I tease

"A full English breakfast, Chef Ryan at your service my lady," He turns winking at me with a metal spatula in his hand.

As he turns back to the cooker, I slip out of my chair to turn on the little box of radio that sits on the window sill. Once the music fills the room, I sweep behind Ryan carefully wrapping my arms around his torso. I rest my head on his shoulder as I squeeze him, he whistles cheerfully. I could get used to this.

He lets me hang on to him as he cooks, but soon enough I feel like I am being a clingy girl so I peel myself from him and return to my seat. I sit watching him, all the time I've known him I have never seen him act the way he does with me with anybody else. He has had past girlfriends, they never lasted long, I know I'm not his girlfriend yet, but I feel like that we are destined to be together.

I remember about a year and a half ago, at the time I was staying at Olivia's house. Ryan came home with his girlfriend at the time Nicole, I couldn't help but watch them out of the corner of my eye, he kissed her and in that moment I felt my heart hurt, and something in me felt mixed emotions of jealousy and hurt. I'm not sure if he knew the effect seeing him with other girls had on me, but it seemed that whenever I was around or he was near, he would kiss girls or mess around with them, and once he was done he would give me a singular glance.

The first time he properly showed interest in me was perhaps the most exciting thing that ever happened to me, I remember it like it was just yesterday. I couldn't sleep, and again I was at Olivia's house. I found myself downstairs, sitting in her kitchen. I liked her kitchen, it was always calming and usually if I'd stay in there long enough the calmness would consume me so I was able to go back up stairs and fall asleep for a few hours. However, this one night was different. Soon after I entered the kitchen, Ryan followed. We had talked many times before but not like we had that night. He asked me if I was okay, then that lead to why we both couldn't sleep. He made us both a mug of his magic hot chocolate, I say magic because it always made you feel warm inside, heavy yet light headed and always prepared you for a really good night's sleep. He didn't just make me a mug of hot chocolate though, he had invited me to sit with him in his room. Where we both laughed, and I had for the first time fell asleep in Ryan's embrace.

He serves up two plates of a full English breakfast, it looks and smells delicious. Despite it being fried he always manages to make the grease untraceable. He sits beside me, thanking him I kiss him on his cheek. Half way through I brew us up some strong coffee, the best way to start your day is with an English breakfast and coffee, plus the hottest guy you know.

Once we are done we retreat to the living room. Ryan grasps his arms around my body rugby tackling me to the sofa. I laugh as we land softly against cushions, he hovers over me grinning. I can't help but smile back, swiftly I move my hands to side moving them wildly. He bellows with laughter whilst squirming on top of me.

Resting his head on my shoulder he begs me to stop, only when I can feel the tears touch my skin I stop. He pants heavily, and all I do is giggle.

"You're so annoying sometimes," He breathes playfully.

"And you still want me," I attempt to flirt.

He sits up straddling me at my waist. He moves his hands up my stomach, slowly moving towards my shoulders, his hands graze my breasts, his eyes are fixed on mine. Taking my breath away in one swift movement his moves my hands above my head, almost pinning me down. Ryan moves his face closer to mine, his breathe tickles my neck. On top of me he feels beautifully dangerous. First, he pushes his lips against my neck it is tender and soft. A heat spreads up my body as he slowly kisses my right collar bone, his teeth meet the bone and a desperate moan escapes my lips. I can feel him grinning against me, knowing too well he has found a weak spot. He nibbles further teasing me, a warm sensation stirs in the pit of my stomach, and he forces me to moan again. He stops to kiss my cheek.

"My name, and my name only," he breathes in my ear, only now I realize his breathing has hitched too. He lets go of my arms, he needn't have as I stay exactly as I am.

Instead of returning to my collar bone he kisses my ear lobe, and I feel everything within me wanting him. Kissing turns into nibbling, his back rises and falls as his breathing is nearly matches. His body is hot on top of mine, only when he moves slightly I feel him more turned on than I thought he would be. The heaviness and abruptness against me, with the nibbling on my ear lobe, feels sensual and overwhelming and I'm forced to moan his name.

Ryan pulls back still sitting on top of me, both of us breathing heavily. He is grinning at me, this is the first time we've done anything like this together, and for me the first time completely. He soon realizes he is turned oN a lot, and I'm the one grinning at him.

He laughs before leaning over so our noses touch "I can't wait to hear you moan my name a lot more,"

I can't fight the smile on my lips "Clearly, I can see that,"

He kisses my neck once more "I best get myself sorted," He lifts from me. He winks at me before heading for the bathroom. I feel cold without him on top of me, he has a habit of that. Every time he is gone he leaves me wanting more, and the feel of him always lingers on me.

Staying on the sofa I sit up to gather my thoughts, that was pretty intense. Is this the beginning of the build up to the real thing? I feel the need to talk to Olivia but I bet it would be a little weird because Ryan is of course her brother, and well no one really wants to know what their siblings get up to.

He was turned on by me, I didn't even know that was possible. There has only ever been one other time when I felt him hard against me, and even then it wasn't on purpose. We weren't even purposely getting close at the time. We had just been a beach party, and once the night had come to a cold end we all packed into cars. I got cut off from Olivia and there wasn't enough space for me, but Ryan insisted I sat on his lap, he didn't want me to be with anyone I didn't know. I accepted to ride with them with the promise that he would hold me tightly, and he did just that. We all had been drinking, but in the back of the car we conversed in small talk. I was more or less sitting on his crotch so it was only inevitable he got hard.

~.~

Ryan wraps his arms around me, and I cuddle into his chest. I don't want him to leave, at all.

He pulls back, gently holding my chin "I will pick you up in a couple of hours, until then don't miss me too much!" he pushes his soft lips against mine.

Before I am able to pull him into me some more, he breaks the kiss grinning. And with a wink he leaves, leaving me smiling after him. I don't close the door until he's in Marcus' car and it out of sight.

"That boy likes you," I jump at the sound of Nicholas' voice.

I turn to find him sipping coffee at the kitchen door, how long has been standing there.

"Where have you been?" I question him.

"You need to feed, especially since you're going to the movies later." He ignores me.

"I fed not long ago."

"You need to feed again, your eyes look dilated. It seems with all the intense hormones going on when you're with the boy it uses your energy, unless you'd rather not feed and then the unthinkable could happen."

I grunt as a response, if I could blush I know I would be scarlet right now. Reluctantly to get changed into clothes I head to my bedroom. For the best part of the day I have spent it in my PJ's so it's about time I put normal clothes on. Quickly I pull on a pair of skinny jeans, a polo shirt and my converse. And on my way back to the kitchen I pick up one of my jackets on the way.

As I am reaching for the back door I notice Nicholas placidly sitting at the dining room table staring into space.

"What's up? Come on let's get this over and done with!"

"You're going alone, I've got things to do and it will be good experience for you," with that he stands leaving the room, what is wrong with him? I decide to not go after him, I have a date later and if I want to look presentable I have get the hunt over as soon as possible then begin to get ready.

As soon as the door shuts behind me I start walking slowly towards the forest, it seems no one is around but I'd rather not chance it. However, the closer I get the more I pick up my pace. It isn't long until there is a green blur surrounding me. Wasting no time I begin my search for food, it is not until I'm deeper in the forest than I have ever been when I feel a presence, it must be prey.

I'm challenged faced on with a stag, it is much bigger than a deer. It seems to be mostly muscle, I could take it down. Our eyes meet, I aim to stare it down but it doesn't even flinch. There is blur behind it, it distracts me. Only now that it is in focus it isn't a blur, piercing grey eyes, staring right at me. They are the only thing I can see, the rest of the creature is lurking deeper into the darkness of the trees. The presence is familiar, I think it's been near me before. Not one of the three of us make a single movement, is the stag aware of the third creature?

I feel an adrenaline boost pass through me, whatever it is I think it wants my stag or me. I look back to the Stag who looks as challenging as ever, it even takes a step towards me. Looking back to the third creature it's gone, vanished completely. Before I can let the panic sink in I allow myself to dart for the Stag. It puts up a fight but the adrenaline bumping through me won't allow me to loose such a fight.

As I tackle the beast, it squirms. It would be easier if I did not have my guard up, but it would be foolish of me to let it down. Instead of dragging the struggling stag into a safer area of the woods I decide to take it where it stands. As soon as its thick blood hits my lips a thirst fills me, to the point the blood seems never ending. It's goodness becoming more addicting at the mouthful. I cannot stop. I have to keep going.

Only when I am feeling full, truly full is when I decide to stop. I gasp at the sight in my arms, there is practically nothing left of the stag, if I can even call it that now. It looks as if pure violence has struck it, making it nothing more than bone. Dropping it to the ground I feel the panic run through me... What have I done?

Covered in blood I feel the air brush past me, with as much speed as it takes I return home. If I'm seen I will be a mere indistinguishable blur. As soon as I am inside I burst into tears and I suddenly crash into Nicholas' arms. He doesn't say a single word, he just holds me as I feel myself begin to self-destruct.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.9M 2.1M 88
The world had gone to hell long ago, taken over by the vampire race. In order to keep some sort of peace in our land, the Vampire Lords made a consec...
762K 20.2K 64
What happens when you're sold to a pureblood vampire? ~ Brittany, a fifteen year old girl is sold to a pureblood vampire Prince. Purebloods are consi...
4.8M 287K 101
In this life, a human without the money to pay for their own life is worth nothing. Take those humans in as property, breed them, and you'll end up l...
2.3M 84.7K 48
"What are you doing here?" I gulped at the hoarse voice. Instead of replying, I stared at Maria's corpse lying on the floor. "You smell so sweet." I...