IF YOU MUST RUN

By MarkBecky

Alistair Carlos Arnaud a Mafia boss who is known for his ruthlessness and cold aura is the son of the great A... More

1:THE PROPOSAL
2:FRIENDS AND FOES
3:ALISTAIR IS NOT A KID
4:WE ALL HAVE A STORY TO TELL
5:MEETING DAWID BAUDIN
6:NEGOTIATION

7:THE PILLAR, IS FAMILY

2 1 0
By MarkBecky

Chapter 7*
Ralph staggered around his room for a moment. Was it shock or guilt? Alonzo walked in shutting the door behind him. Raphael stared at him silently. Alonzo shrugged and switched on the TV.
"I told you I would prove you wrong. I did but I underestimated Alistair. He really loves you. They all do love you" he paused walking over to his friend who was at the verge of crying.
"You shouldn't feel guilty Raph, it is pretty normal to feel unwanted and lonely sometimes. But now you know, your family and I are the people who are going to hold you up all the time" he sighed pocketing "I wish you had seen Alist, he was breathing fire. If he was a dragon or some guy with super powers. The whole city would have turned into ashes."
"I saw him at least, his eyes were bloodshot. He looked strong and fierce, I was scared for a moment but as soon he saw me he changed immediately and hugged me. I have never felt more loved and cared for like today" Raphael's voice was strained and guilty.
"Your father, Clarabelle and Linda was so scared. You should have seen how the city was cleared just for the troops to pass through and find you"
"Where did you get those me from anyway?" Raph asked curiously.
Alonzo sat on the sofa one leg over the other, he stared at his friend bossily.

"I met them back in country X, we worked together in small hustles. Most of them are car dealers and peddlers. I promised them some good cash to play the role of kidnappers. And lure Alist over. It was a good play"
"Are they safe?"
"They are, they painted the scene as just gangsters after money. Alistair wouldn't dig much, besides he is not the like to ran after cowards" Alonzo stated calmly.
Raph sat down on the bed and sighed "the shock was huge but now, am sure I got family. I got people I can run back to. Even if my mother cares no more. Actually she never cared"
"You are lucky you got family Raphael, I was alone. All my life and still am I only got you and your father is a good man" he paused interlocking his fingers and leaned forward "I read something something in a novel... Clarabelle's actually. It says sometimes we are too engrossed in fighting for love from other people and we never see those who have their arms wide open to embrace us. We just need to walk into their arms and stop chasing the wind. I think that is what we should do"
"I understand. I had no idea you read novels." Raphael teased
"Oh, I do. THE LACE TO MY SHOE is my favourite"
"You even know the tittle? Wow, what is it about?"
"A young girl who was born a Mafia. She was cold and silent, she was busy satisfying her father's needs as a daughter of a Mafia. She was thirty when she realised she was not yet married, had never fallen in love and didn't know how to love. She tried to find love but, she kicked the men away they annoyed her. Especially a young man who knew not much other than music. He fell in love with her but didn't know how to. She was calm trying to be patient with him. She learnt how to feel and say what she felt. Then one time she felt she's losing, she told him to leave and never show himself to her again" he paused grinning inwardly as he noticed how attentive Raphael was.
"You know what the guy did?"
Raphael shook his head.
"He knelt down and removed the lace of her one boot and said. Sometimes we wonder why we are always running and when we look back we are in the same spot we were before. Then we realize our boots are too loose and the laces are nowhere to be seen. It drags us behind. You know, a lace seems to be something insignificant when we think about it deeply but it's significant can't be fulfilled by any other thing.
Then the guy concluded. I got your lace, I am your shoe lace... I might seem of no importance to you but when you will look around and you see me and am not there, you will understand why something as small as a shoe lace missing can make your day too dark "
Rachel was amazed "did Clarabelle write that?"
"She did"
"Wow, I think I will start reading too"
"You should, her inspiration is amazing. Am heading back home. You should sleep"
"Should I ask Steve to send you off?"
"Worry not" he stood up grinning cockily "I hired a chauffeur "
Raph lifted his hands in surrender "my bad ...
"Sleep kiddo, you got a guy who needs whipping tomorrow"
He walked out of the room and shut the door.

                  *********
Alistair sat in his room staring out at the landscapes beyond. The night was dark, cold and silent. He loved the silence but the cold didn't sit well with him. He do been terrified moments ago, he was scared something would happen to Raphael and maybe die. Death tasted foreign to him when it was a matter concerning his family members but when it was about dealing with some Stubborn natured humans... It was such a familiar word. He slipped from his glass and pouted his lips before exhaling loudly. He either drinks and takes pills in order to fall asleep or he will never sleep a wink. Insomnia was so bad, he wished it was something human like or animal like he would have slaughtered it already. Sadly or tragically he didn't have the ability to do anything.
He emptied the glass and placed it back on the night stand and climbed in bed, it's good to try even when you know you'll fail terribly.
.....S'il vous plaît ne me frappe pas plus ...
Please don't hit me anymore... The words echoed in his mind as soon as his head hit the pillow. They came again and again.

.....S'il vous plaît ne me frappe pas plus ...

Alistair woke up in a start, he was sweating. He do though he will sleep well for once, seems nightmares were not kind enough to close the it's damn doors and let him be. What was that? Could it be possible that there was someone....
No... No it wouldn't be someone else, the voice was that of a child clearly. So it might have been his mistake or there was something hidden in the idiots house. Baudin was not a man to be trusted in the first place. Not at all. He deserves no respect to begin with.

                       **********
"He didn't even look at me, he was glaring at me mother... How dare he do that to me?"
Alice yelled violently brushing all her cosmetics from the dressing table. Her mother who was standing at the door seemed a little moved by her actions but had a small smile hidden beneath.
"Calm down, Alice baby, come down"
"He thinks because he's handsome he can do that to me? He must notice me mom! He must!"
"He will notice you, that is for sure. Look here got a deal for you"
Alive who was burning with rage calmed down for a second.
"What deal?"
"Don't forget tomorrow is your grandfather's birthday. The Arnaud family is invited and so is the Lee and the Others. The handsome young man will definitely show up. Grab the chance and show him how flawless you are"
Alice remained quite for a moment, then her face lit up.
"Yes, that is a good idea mom, I will catch his attention for sure. I am going shopping early tomorrow morning."
"I am your escort, he will be mesmerised. So don't worry get some sleep"
The girl smiled thinly at her mother and nodded.
"Alright, I will go to bed"
Delilah nodded before mumbling a good night to her daughter and leaving the room. She hurried downstairs where her husband was reading a magazine silently with the TV on.
"My love, you should rest early." She called sweetly. The man who was engrossed in the economic page count barely hear anything. Delilah was slightly annoyed, she sat beside him and leaned her head on his shoulder.
"Honey, go to bed already. It is late" she nudged him sweetly.
"It is the last page, I will sleep afterwards" he responded as he adjusted his glasses properly.
"Must you finish it today?" She asked again.
"Hey my darling wife, don't worry. Go to bed I will be there in a minute"
"Alright" she agreed sitting up "When is Carolus coming from abroad?"
"He said he wouldn't miss his grandfather's birthday. Eighty is a significant age"
"Are we expecting him tomorrow?"
"Early morning" Baudin answered.
Delilah's eyes sparkled. "I will finally see my son after many years"
She was extremely exhilarated.
"Dianna!" She yelled across the house. The house manager who was busy in the kitchen rushed over immediately.
"Yes ma'am"
"Make sure everything is well prepared tomorrow. For father's birthday and my son's arrival it will be a grand day. Double the list, my son is coming back!"
"Yes ma'am" the lady bowed slightly
"Make no mistakes, am I clear?"
"Clear indeed madam"
"Good, you may leave" she dismissed the lady with a careless wave.
Baudin folded the magazine neatly and took off his glasses.
"I will take a shower first" he said walking upstairs.
Delilah sat there a conspiratorial smile lingering on her full lips. Was she named Delilah because she is only beautiful? If you think so then you're terribly mistaken least you find your head bald and the Philistines surrounding you! She followed her husband upstairs a moment later.
Early morning Lincoln's car halted in front of Arnaud's villa. He stepped out of the car and rushed into the house like a bullet. The nurses he had hired for his father were moving around in a rush. There was confusion and panic in the air. Was Marcus okay? He couldn't tell he burged into the room to find the life supporting machine beeping loudly. The old man on the bed was trembling badly yet he could not wake up.
"What is it doctor?"
"A seizure... Calm down we got this" the middle aged man gently pushed him outside and shut the door.
Lincoln was scared no! Paralyzed somehow. He really hoped and prayed that his dad would be fine. He was a good man, hardworking and didn't deserve to die or get hurt. For him there were other men who deserves that terrible spot but not his father. Not the man who had build himself through blood, sweat and tears. He takes his long fingers through his hair and walked around, helplessness was one thing he hated the most. Having the will to help, the means to help but there is no way of doing so. It was a sickening feeling.
He stood at the door his expression stoic and disturbed at the same time.
As soon as the doctor opened the door, he showered him with endless questions.
"Is he alright! Will he be ok? When will he wake up? Is anything wrong?"
"Calm down, he is alright but still in a comma. We'll take good care of him. He will recover soon. Take it easy"
He nodded firmly and entered the room. He sat beside the bed watching the man whose skin was pale almost white. His lips were chapped.
Lincoln sighed "get well father, we have some ass to kick hard. Don't scare me again like that. Am heading out Lee is coming to keep you company. I will be back soon after office hours"
He patted his head smoothly and left the room.
He was used to being the baby, the pampered one . All he did was have fun and drink day in day out. Now he had some responsibilities on his shoulders to deal with. He would not let his father down or let those bastards live!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 82 16
One of the best lawyers in her field, smart,strong and beautiful , Yasmin Dubois is faced with serious threats to her life, but when a mysterious col...
5.8K 281 11
When a mafia princess's life is threatened, she is forced to accept the help of a bodyguard-the emotionally damaged underboss of a crime family, her...
9.9M 467K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
8.5K 135 51
This book can be read as a standalone, however, I advise you to read His Possession first. This would help you understand the context and not spoil t...