Sometimes Hate is Enough

Oleh auroranequam

The story follows the events of the night when Arnav tried to force Khushi into marrying him. Lebih Banyak

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue I
Epilogue II

Chapter 06

3.9K 230 16
Oleh auroranequam

Arnav

I settled down in my seat the next day for breakfast but found it awfully quiet.

"Good morning, Nani." I greeted Nani as she seated herself at the head of the table. She opened her mouth to reply or say something but stopped as Mama entered the space with a very joyful Mami behind him.

"Good morning, Sasuma." Mami cried excitedly, then turned to me before sitting between Nani and Mama. "Good morning, Arnav Bitwa."

I murmured my reply as Hariprakash served breakfast and poured everyone juice.

"Why aren't the others down yet?" Nani inquired while searching, then turned to Hariprakash. "Go, call everyone."

I sipped my juice while Mami munched down the food on her plate and exclaimed, "Thanks to you, Arnav Bitwa. Because of you, the wedding didn't happen. And I slept very well last night."

"You are absolutely right, Mami Ji." Shyam's voice came before him, and he took a seat beside me. "That Gupta family was never perfect for the Raizada's. You deserve a much better daughter-in-law and Akash, a better wife."

I clenched my jaws harder as he continued to speak his nonsense. The Gupta family might not be of the same standard as us, but they were at least better than him. Then Khushi... I still can't believe she could do something like this. She, of all people.

"Hello-Hi-Bye-Bye, Damad Ji. I completely agree with you. I never liked Khunbhari Tang or her family." Mami briefly paused to take a bite of something before continuing, "I was very unhappy with the wedding. But what else was I supposed to do? Akash is my only son. And... good morning, Anjali Bitiya?"

I snapped my eyes at Di and said, "Good morning, Di." But she just ignored me and nodded at Mami. Seriously, Di? You seriously are going to do this to me?

"Why aren't Akash and NK coming?" Mama asked particularly no one and was about to call for Hariprakash when Jij... Shyam spoke up.

"Arre, Mama Ji. I forgot to tell you. I went to Akash's room to call him for breakfast, but he said he would eat in his room today. And NK Bhai is sleeping."

Mama stifled but nodded while Nani glanced at me for a second before sipping from her tea.

"Nani, I think we should go to Payal Ji's house." Di said it for the first time while looking at Nani.

"We shou..."

"Yes, yes. You should go there, Anjali Bitiya, and bring back all the  jewelry." Mami interrupted as she straightened up in her seat, while Nani shook her head but didn't say anything more.

"Mami.. I wanted to go there to apologize, not for the jewelry." Di said softly before exchanging a look with Nani. "You also know that it's our fault the wedding broke."

"It's not our fault. Th.."  Mami answered quietly as I took a toast and started buttering it as they continued to argue among themselves.

"Stop this. We are here to have breakfast like a normal family. And we will do so... But if you want to talk or make decisions regarding Akash's life or wedding, do it in front of him." Nani snapped before glaring at both Mami and Di. Then, after a moment, she shouted, "Hariprakash, tell Akash to come down right now."

"Ji, Nani Ji." Hariprakash's voice came from the kitchen while I swallowed dryly and waited for him to come down.

It felt like a while before he finally came down and settled down next to Shyam without even looking at me.

"Akash Bitwa, your mother, and Di are very concerned about your wellbeing. So I thought it would be better if you were present while they continued to do so." Nani said it with raised brows but kept her eyes fixed on her plate.

"I think we shouldn't visit. The wedd..." I started after I glanced around at everyone at the table while cleaning the crumbs off my fingers with a napkin.

"And I think you've already thought enough about me." Akash cut in. I felt a shock running through me while my mouth fell open, but I recovered from it soon and closed my mouth.

"Akash!" Nani warned. "He's your older. He mig..."

"Nani ji... There's..." Hariprakash started but stopped soon after without finishing and gawked at us.

"What is it?" Mami asked when he didn't speak anymore but stared at us with his slightly wide eyes.

"Someone from the Gupta house came... with a lot of things." He explained before looking and pointing over his shoulders once. Gupta house?... Khushi?

I glanced at my watch before I glanced up at Hariprakash, then exchanged a look with Nani as she got up from her seat, and we all followed behind.

Akash was the first to reach for the door. Maybe he had somehow expected Payal to stand on the other side. As he opened the door, I noticed his shoulders slumping down before he opened it wide for all of us to see.

A girl, maybe in her late twenties, stood there with lots of bags in her arms and a thali in each hand.

"I came from Payal's house. I was asked to drop these things." She explained. Her voice was uncertain as her eyes danced from one person to another. "There's more in the car."

Nani asked Hariprakash to take the things from her hands, and the car then again turned to her.

"Please, come inside."

"No, thank you. I have classes." She smiled tightly, but as she was about to turn, her eyes fell on Shyam. "Arre, Jijaji, what are you doing here?.. I thought you went to Lucknow for your wedding shopping." She said. Even she knows him?

"I..." Shyam started but stopped. For obvious reasons. Because who will he lie to now? Us or her.

"No, no. You must be mistaken. He's already married." Di said with a small, proud smile on her lips.

"No. You are mistaken. He's going to get married to Khushi. His fiancee." She said it with a little shake of her head.

"What nonsense? He's married. I'm his wife." She said. Her voice was growing angry.

"Do you have any proof that he is engaged?" I asked, pointing at her with a look. Say yes. Please, say yes.

She met my eyes for a moment before digging her phone out of her bag, and after a few seconds, she turned the phone on my face to see.

Khushi was wearing the saare she wore on Diwali with Shyam standing next to her.

"Happy?" She asked, then turned her phone to everyone before stopping in front of Shyam and adding, "At least you tell them Jijaji that you're unmarried but engaged!"

"You...?" Di started, but Shyam interrupted her by saying, "No. No, Rani Saheba. She... She's lying." He turned to the girl. "The Gupta family sent you, right? They told you to do this, didn't they?... How... How much money did they give you to come and lie?"

"Why would they ask her to do this?" Mama asked with confusion.

"You are getting married?... with Khushi Ji?" Di asked, and her voice shook while her eyes watered. "What about me?... Our princess?... How could you...?"

"Rani Saheba, she's lying."

"Why will she lie?... And the picture... Is that also a lie?" Akash questioned. His brows tugged in the middle.

Shyam avoided him and went for Di, but I caught his hand before he could even touch her while Akash came to stand between them. I caught his eyes for a moment before I turned my attention back to Shyam and took a step closer.

"You still have time. Jijaji. To confess." I whispered only for him to hear before looking him in the eyes as he glared at me. He tried to pull his hand free from mine, but I held it firmly, and Akash remained between them like a barrier.

"Bitiya, you go. Thank you." Nani said as she led the girl to the door.

"But..." The girl tried.

"Help her out." Nani told Hariprakash before turning to the girl and saying, "Thank you again." And she turned her attention back to Shyam as the door closed behind her.

"I would like you to tell us everything from the start without leaving anything behind." She ordered Shyam with a cold look and walked past me to the living room, leaving us all no choice but to follow.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

516K 25.7K 55
A beautiful love story of Arnav and Kushi who got married in an most unexpected way.....
618K 9.2K 21
What if Arnav uses Khushi for his revenge? What if he throws Khushi out after using her? What if he meets her three years later and gets the biggest...
228K 14.1K 88
This is my first ever SUPERNATURAL story. I just am giving it a try as my readers wanted it. Please ignore it if it is not up to your expectations.
449K 17.4K 36
The story is based on ISS PYAAR KO KYA NAAM DHOON. It begins after Diwali night,which forces Khushi to see things differently and to fight for her fa...