Point Break | Sandy Cove Seri...

By tashajadewrites

Easton Moore is back...and I'm his fake girlfriend. After leaving for the professional surfing tour the morni... More

P O I N T B R E A K
p r o l o g u e
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n*
f i f t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n*
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e*
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e*
t w e n t y - f o u r*
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e*
e p i l o g u e

s i x t e e n

3.1K 187 18
By tashajadewrites

FLYING HAD BECOME normal in my everyday life.

I spent the majority of my time on planes heading country to country for surf competitions. As soon as I had landed and got used to the jet lag, I was hopping on another plane and the process would repeat. Surfers had become experts on how to get used to jet lag, especially when it came to training and surfing.

Gabi though, I was nervous about how she would adapt. She had never flown so much in her life. Jet lag was a bitch to her and a lot of the time I was keeping her awake after we landed to make sure she was adjusting to the time zone, she would sleep a lot on the planes but she hadn't kicked the grumpiness that came with jet lag.

That was always fun.

Her head rested on my shoulder. She had fallen asleep not far into the movie she was watching and eventually she had moved in her sleep to rest her head on my shoulder. Something she would never do if she was awake.

I had respected her wishes of not talking about the night in the hotel suite as much as I wanted to. Wanted to explain what had happened all them years ago, wanted to talk about the other night and wanted to talk about the future.

I sigh, leaning my head back against the seat, the sound of the movie playing in my earphones that I am not properly listening to.

Not long left before we landed in California, Atlas, Thalia, and June had arrived earlier today. They had picked up the keys and made themselves comfortable in the Airbnb. I have to admit seeing everyone again would be nice and I'm sure Gabi couldn't wait either.

I rest my head on top of hers and she sighs in her sleep before curling up a little more. Grabbing my phone, I take a picture of us before sending it to Atlas, joking about how she would kill me when she woke up.

Have you told her?

He responds with and I rub my temple before replying with a simple no. He was advocating for me telling her about what happened years ago, but to get her to even sit and talk about it was not an option. Every time I wanted to or tried, she shut down and made an excuse she had to do something.

The announcement comes over the intercom that we are preparing for landing and I know I need to wake Gabi up.

"Gabs," I say, resting my hand on her knee and shaking her slightly. She moves but doesn't wake up. Always a heavy sleeper. I place my hand on her cheek, stroking it. "Gabs, wake up."

She groans, mumbling as she moves and her eyes slowly open. Her eyes go to my hand that is cupping her cheek, and she has realized she is sleeping on my shoulder. She lifts her head slowly, looking around groggily, trying to put the pieces back together.

"Landing?" she asks and I nod, as this had become our routine. I would always wake her up for landing. "Sorry for sleeping on your shoulder."

I shrug. "I don't mind, however, you're comfortable."

She gives me a small but unsure smile. "Did you sleep?"

I shake my head and she rolls her eyes, probably fighting the urge to badger me about resting. "Atlas and Thalia are going to pick us up from the airport."

A real smile comes across her face this time, and I know she is excited to see them. "No, June?"

"She's resting a little. She doesn't fly much anymore," I say, and she nods her head.

The plane prepares for landing and soon enough, we're back on California soil. We spend the next hour going through passport control, getting our bags and my boards, and walking to the exit of the airport.

I roll our cases as we walk through the airport towards the exit. I see Atlas's shaggy mop of hair before anything else. He really needs to get a haircut.

Gabi squeals, running over to hug Thalia, who is taken aback, and stumbles as she chuckles. The stark difference between the friends is easy to see. Thalia has been more reserved since her accident, and even though she has worked through a lot, she became quieter. Whereas Gabi has always been more energetic and bubbly.

"I feel very unloved right now," Atlas says, watching the girls hug before he turns to me. "Why don't I get that welcome from you?"

I raise my eyebrow. "It's not like you ran over and hugged me."

He chuckles, shaking his head before hugging me and patting my back. "Good to see you, man. How's the tour been so far?"

"Ups and downs, but nothing new there," I say, shrugging before the girls split up and I go to hug Thalia. "Keeping him out of trouble?"

She rolls her eyes with a small smile as Atlas finishes hugging Gabi and wraps his arm around his girlfriend. "As much as I can."

"That's hurtful," Atlas says, placing his hand to his heart. "We've got a rental outside. June was asleep when we left, but she knows what time you're coming, so I'm sure she'll be awake."

"How was she on the flight over?" I ask Atlas as we head outside towards the rental car they got.

"She was talking to everyone, and I mean everyone on that flight getting their life stories," Atlas tells me, and I chuckle. "How's it been traveling with this one, Gabs?"

Atlas points to me and I roll my eyes.

"Being his fake girlfriend has its perks, paying a guy to take a boat out for snorkeling, getting into VIP areas at nightclubs," Gabi trails off, listing things.

"Too bad you have to look at his face every day," Atlas jokes, and I push him as he laughs.

Reaching the rental car, we throw our things into the back, and soon enough we're heading to the Airbnb. We make small talk on the way, Gabi and Thalia catching up with everything, meanwhile Atlas and I talk about surfing and my season.

Soon enough, we're pulling up to the rental and bringing our things inside. Grandma sits on the couch in the living area and her face lights up as soon as we walk through the door.

"You're here!" she says, walking over to us. "Move, I want to see Gabi."

She pushes me out of the way as everyone laughs, and she engulfs Gabi in a hug. Gabi smiles, hugging her back tightly. They speak to each other quietly for a moment as they hug before pulling back.

"Oh, so now I get a hug?" I say as grandma comes and hugs me.

"Oh hush, you know I missed you too," she says, and I chuckle. "Please tell me you've been taking care of this sweet girl."

With her hands on her hips she means business and I look to Gabi for her to save me. Gabi shakes her head at me, knowing as if telling me it's ridiculous to be scared of an elderly lady.

"Don't worry June, he's been great and if he hadn't I kicked his butt," Gabi says, winking at June who laughs. "Are you excited to see Easton surfing?"

Grandma nods her head before linking her arm with Gabi's as we walk further into the house.

"It will be nice to finally be able to support my grandson in person. I always make the residents at the home watch your competitions. Everyone knows not to even dare take that remote from me," grandma says, clicking her tongue and I chuckle.

"Promise me you won't tell stories of my childhood to any of the cameras there?" I ask her.

She holds her hands up in surrender. "I make no promises."

I groan, and everyone snickers at me.

Gabi and I pick out of the last two rooms left and I drag my boards and suitcase into the room, dumping them on the floor.

"Good to have you back, man," Atlas says, patting me on the back as he walks into the room and jumps onto the bed lying down.

"You're still a pain in my ass," I tell him with a chuckle. "How's everything been at the shop?"

"Decent. We've been doing more snorkeling and diving lessons, boat trips for the tourists. Thal has been great helping out with the surfing classes," Atlas says with a smile, rubbing his chin.

"I'm happy for you, man," I tell him honestly.

"How's it been on the tour with Gabs?" he asks, raising his eyebrow as if referring to his message he sent me.

I look out of the door, seeing no one in the living area. They must be all in the other room, but I still push the door to.

"Interesting, that's for sure. That girl can hold a grudge," I tell him, and he chuckles. "We had a bit of a moment the other night. She doesn't want to talk about it, though."

"When are you going to tell her about the reason you never talked to her?" he asks me.

I sigh. "I've tried, I want to, but she shuts down whenever I try bringing up that time in our life."

"Want me to lock you two in a room and not let you out until you've told her?" he asks, smiling mischievously.

"I'm pretty sure that would end in my murder," I tell him and he laughs.

He stands up. "I'll let you settle in and then we're heading out to eat and to a bar."

"What about grandma?" I ask, confused, and a smirk appears on his face.

"She's coming with us."

✺✺✺

"Kill me now," I say as I rest my head in my hands, looking down at the table at the bar, refusing to look at grandma as she is dancing with men in their twenties.

"Should someone remind her she has Earl waiting at home?" Gabi asks laughing, clearly enjoying my pain as she rubs my back.

After going out for dinner, we had ended up at a bar after and going out to a bar with my grandmother is not something every twenty something year old dreams of doing. Everyone else has found it hilarious, although I've caught Atlas cringing as well at times.

"Oh, she knows, she's just having a good time," Thalia says, and it's true. Everyone is helping my grandma have a good time. In fact, it looks like they are enjoying themselves.

"I hope you two know you'll be carrying her home," Gabi tells Atlas and I who share a look.

"I'm getting another drink. Anyone else?" I ask them and everyone nods. Gabi votes to come with me to help carry them and we make our way to the bar.

"It's fun seeing you squirm." Gabi smirks as she leans against the bar, looking over her shoulder at the dance area before looking back at me.

"Glad I can amuse you," I say, and she chuckles before I order our drinks and pull out my card to pay. "You seem happier."

My observation of her hadn't gone unnoticed. Seeing everyone again had brought a lightness to her, a sense of home.

She shrugs. "I missed everyone."

I hesitate for a moment. "You know, if you wanted to head back home, I wouldn't push you to stay if you were unhappy. Everything is paid for now anyway, and I'd figure something else out."

Gabi blinks as if she never expected me to say that to her. "You would really do that? If I was that unhappy?"

I nod immediately, although the thought of making her unhappy on the tour hurts.

She gives me a small smile. "That means a lot. I'm not unhappy, I just get homesick sometimes. Plus, I like traveling and seeing all the places I may never see again."

"Are you sure? I don't want you to be unhappy or feel obligated," I say to her and she places her hand on my arm.

"If I am, I'll tell you," she says and I nod my head.

The bartender comes back with the drinks before we make our way back over to the table. Placing the drinks down, grandma calls over Gabi and Thalia to come dance with her.

Atlas follows, not wanting to leave Thalia in the group of men around Grandma. Meanwhile, I stay back at the table.

A smile twitches at my lips as I see Gabi dancing with grandma, twirling each other around and laughing. My heart squeezes in my chest at the sight and Gabi looks over my grandma's shoulder to look at me, with a smile on her face and one thought comes to mind.

I have the rest of the tour to get her to take a chance on us.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A U T H O R  N O T E

Atlas and Thalia are back!!! ... and of course June!

We're starting to get to the juicy part of the book...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70 1 14
After Eileen Weston's parents unexpectedly die in an auto wreck on the night of her seventeenth birthday, she is left on her own in the small town of...
Cherry By em

Romance

3.7K 157 40
|Wattpad Featured| Every summer after her college semester is over, Cherry Adams travels back to her small hometown in South Carolina to visit her f...
319K 8.9K 20
A cute little romance on a beach in Australia ☼ 18-year-old Indy has finally returned to her mother's pretty little beachfront cottage, where she use...
5.9K 86 23
This story is part 3 / 3 of - "you... - Rafe Cameron" series. ------ After Shaine leaves Outer banks and Rafe stays, they are no longer in contact. T...