Jemi?...Again?

Galing kay lovaticlife

What do you do when the one you love betrays you? What do you do when they suddenly shows up at your door? Th... Higit pa

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 3

1.2K 31 2
Galing kay lovaticlife

~Demi's P.O.V~

"So who's going again?" I asked Jennie.

"Just us Danielle and Kevin." She answered quickly.

"Okay." I smiled. Thank God they'd excluded Joe from this. I really had no time for him right now. I just wanted to go out and have a good night with my friends. I went into the bathroom and ran a shower. I stripped down and got in, letting the water run over me.

"Demi!" Selena's voice yelled through the door. I sighed.

"What?!" I yelled back.

"I need your keys to pick up Justin!"

"Can't he just meet us there?!" I asked.

"Demi please!?"

"Fine! They're on my dresser!" I yelled and went back to my shower.

~Selena's P.O.V~

I went to Demi's room and quickly grabbed her keys. I ran out the room and was almost out the door when Jennie stopped me.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I need your help."

"With what?"

"Demi is going to kill me!"

"What? Why?"

"Well I kind of been telling her Joe isn't going to be at tonight's dinner."

"He is isn't he?" I asked knowingly. She nodded her head and looked down at her feet.

"Jennie I really need to go. But I'm sure Demi will be fine as long as they sit away from each other." I reasoned and left without another word.

~Jennie's P.O.V~

"She's going to kill me." I said to myself.

"Who?" I jumped up a little at the unexpected voice.

"Um Danielle. I pulled a small, tiny little joke."

"Dani's a funny girl. I'm sure she won't take it seriously." Demi shrugged.

I nodded my head. "Um yeah you're probably right."

"Okay well I gotta go get changed." She said and walked away. I'm so dead. I thought to myself and went to take a shower.

~Demi's P.O.V~

I got to my room and looked through my closet. Finally deciding on a short black dress. I started my hair leaving the slightly curled locks flow down my back.

I put on my 6 inch black spiked heels and added a pair of silver cross earrings. I did my make up and sprayed some perfume. I threw on my black leather jacket and looked at the results in the mirror.

"Perfect." I said to my reflection. My phone started ringing and I grabbed it off the bed.

"What the fuck?" I said, shocked as I opened the text.

~Joe's P.O.V~

"No I don't want to go." I said to them.

"Come on Joe. Demi will be there and you can show her the song." Dani informed.

"She will?" I asked.

"Yeah. Just come on it'll be fun." Nick said.

"I don't know guys. Are you sure?" I asked.

"Of course. There's nothing to be scared of, Demi will love it." Dani said as she pushed Kevin's hair the right way.

"You'll be fine Joe. Now go get ready." Kevin said as he lovingly smiled at Danielle.

"Alright." I said with a slight smile. I ran into the room where my clothes were. Tonight I had to look my best. Demi just made me want to. I always wanted to impress this girl anyway that I could and I just couldn't help it.

I put on a pair of red skinny jeans and my best black fitted dress shirt. I left the buttons at the top open, showing off a bit of my chest. I put on my black sneakers and added some gold accessories. I smiled, looking at my reflection in the mirror. I grabbed my phone and decided to text Demi, something I hadn't done in forever.

Joe: Hey Dems I'll see you tonight. I sort of have a little surprise too if that's not too much.

"Ready guys?" I asked now being too anxious to wait.

"Almost." Nick said.

"Wow you look really nice." Dani complimented.

"Thanks."

"Aw trying to look his best for Demi." Kevin mocked.

"Oh shut up." I said.

~Demi's P.O.V~

I read the text and quickly text back as friendly as I could.

Demi: As long as I'm not getting hit with a cake or anything but you're coming tonight? I didn't know that.

"Jennie!" I yelled.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Joe's going tonight. Did you know about this?" I questioned.

"Well she didn't say he'd agree to go for sure."

"Jennie! Why didn't you tell me!? There goes my night!"

"Not really. Just because he's there doesn't mean you have to acknowledge him like you always do."

"Actually I can't because he has a 'suprise' for me." I said showing her the text.

"Oh...um I have to get ready."

"This isn't funny! What am I suppose to do?" I asked.

"Just be you Demi. I don't see how a friendship is going to change anything between you guys. Maybe that's the only thing he wants."

"But what happens when I fall for him again? What do I do when I can't help but to love every little thing he says or the way he smiles? I know myself. I'm going to start overly obsessing again if I build any relationship with him." I said, putting my head down.

"Don't worry Demi. Me and Sel have your back. We'll make sure that you can manage a friendship without having those feelings for him." She said, lifting my head up.

"It'll be okay. It's just one dinner."

I nodded my head and said. "Okay."

She smiled and went back to getting ready.

~Selena's P.O.V~

"Ready?" I asked as he got into the car.

"Yup." he answered and quickly kissed my cheek. We got back to my, Demi's, and Jennie's house and I left him sitting on the couch while I quickly got dressed.

"Sel hurry up. Everyone's waiting for you. Our reservation is at 9 o'clock." I heard Jennie calling.

"Okay okay." I said and walked out of my room.

"Wow you look beautiful." Justin commented.

"Aw thanks." I said, putting on my last earring.

"Okay now when Shaun get's here we'll all be ready to go." Jennie said.

"And you were rushing me." I shook my head at her.

"How could you?" Justin added sarcastically.

She shook her head and went to her room to, I guess touch up her makeup. But honestly she didn't have to. She looked amazing. The dress she wore complimented her very nicely and her heels looked beautiful. I hadn't seen what Demi was wearing. She locked herself in her room. Jennie had told me she'd found out about Joe going with us and nearly had a heart attack. That girl. Why couldn't she just admit it to herself already? Why couldn't they both admit it?

~Joe's P.O.V~

I sat on the couch texting Demi. I was amazed that she didn't blow me off or curse me out and tell me to never text her or talk to her. As we continued to talk I felt like we were slowly becoming friends.

Joe: Can I ask you something? I quickly typed.

Demi: Um..yeah.

Joe: Have you ever done something stupid and never can get it off your mind? I asked.

I know it wasn't the best move but I wanted to get to the root of our problems.

~Demi's P.O.V~

What was he talking about? Did he mean what he did?

Demi: What do you mean? I asked.

Joe: Have you ever just sat through a whole day. Hoping that you can erase certain things you did?

Demi: Um..yeah sometimes. Why?

Joe: Idk nothing I guess

Demi: gtg see you there...

Joe: see ya...

I sighed and grabbed my jacket. When I was thinking that maybe this dinner could go by just a little less awkward, he brings the awkwardness right back in.

~Joe's P.O.V~

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. I just couldn't believe she would actually talk to me. Hopefully this will make everything easier at dinner.

"Joe come on!" Nick yelled. I looked around and realized everyone was already out the door.

"Coming!" I yelled back and ran outside. We soon made it to the restaurant and I noticed that we were first to arrive. Kevin stepped inside to let the hostess know we arrived for our reservation.

"I'll wait outside for them." I whispered to Dani as everyone followed Kevin inside. She nodded her head, obviously knowing all I really wanted was to see Demi. I walked towards the parking area and waited for their car to pull up.

~Demi's P.O.V~

"I hate you guys. I hate you guys. I hate you." I repeated as we continued to drive.

" I can't believe that you guys kept the fact that Joe would be there away from me." I complained.

"Demi I told you she wasn't sure that he would come." Jennie said.

"Come on Dems just lighten up a little. It's not like we're telling you that no matter what you want you have to date Joe again." Justin said with a stupid impersonation of Elvis maybe?

I laughed a little and said. "Alright point taken but I'm sitting by you and Selena."

"Fine." Selena easily agreed. We soon got there and the best thing in the world happened. There he was standing there waiting for us. I sighed under my breath.

"Hey Joe." I said giving him a slight hug like everyone else.

"Hey Demi. You look...beautiful." He complemented.

"Thanks. You look great too." I said. I wasn't lying. He looked so...um attractive. He was wearing a fitted black dress shirt that outlined his biceps perfectly. I could smell the familiar scent of his favorite cologne. I was seriously in trouble tonight.

Oh my God what am I saying?

I'll be fine. Just stand my guard. There is no way he's going to change anything. And like everyone said, it's just one dinner.

"Well thanks. I try." He smiled at his small joke. I played a small smile and we walked inside.

~Joe's P.O.V~

Wow Demi looked amazing. The dress she had on just complimented her curves beautifully. Her whole rock star image was just amazing. She was just...indescribable. I was definitely going to have a hard time keeping my cool tonight.

I walked them inside, to our table and everyone sat down. I smiled to myself seeing that the last chair was next to Demi.

~Demi's P.O.V~

I quickly sat down and unfortunately failed to realize the last chair was next to me. Joe sat down next to me and gave me a slight smile. Man I missed that smile. That was the smile he gave me when I was mad at him and I'd always give in and forgive him.

I smiled back and turned the other way acting as if I was going to talk to Jennie. I guess I really was in trouble tonight. If I keep remembering stupid little things that we used to do I might fall for him again and that is what I'm trying to avoid.

~Joe's P.O.V~

I could tell she was trying to avoid speaking to me so I did the same. I turned to Nick and tried to start a conversation without wanting to turn back and look at Demi.

"She's trying to avoid you isn't she?" He asked almost in a whisper. I sighed in response.

"Well talk to her. Do something." He said. I nodded my head and turned to Demi.

"Um Dems."

~Demi's P.O.V~

Why does he keep calling me that? Why couldn't he stick with Demi. I don't want his pet name anymore.

"Um yeah?" I said turning to face him.

"So um about your surprise...do you want it now or later?" He asked almost nervously. Seriously? What the fuck?

~Joe's P.O.V~

Yeah that helped. I sound like an idiot in front of her.

"Um later will be fine."

I nodded and she went to turn the other way. I grabbed her arm to make her turn back to me.

"I-I was thinking that maybe we can start talking a little bit more. I really miss joking around with you." I said.

~Demi's P.O.V~

Ugh this is horrible!

"Yeah. I-I miss it too." I replied.

WHAT THE HELL DEMETRIA?!

We both smiled and soon the food had came out. Thankfully.

~Joe's P.O.V~

I couldn't eat knowing she was intentionally ignoring me.

"Excuse me for a second." I said, getting up. I motioned for Nick and Kevin to follow me. We walked outside and stood in front of the restaurant.

"I don't know what to do." I spat out.

"Joe just keep your cool. I'm sure you guys will find a way to-.." Kevin started.

"No we can't because she's dodging me and anything I say." I cut him off.

"Okay so maybe it's not going well now. Maybe after dinner will be a better time to talk to her." Nick said.

"And how's that? She'll just hurry to leave." I said and turned looking at her through the window.

"I-I just don't know what to do anymore." I said simply.

~Demi's P.O.V~

Joe had excused himself and I watched and once I seen him, Nick, and Kevin walk to the front I gave a loud sigh.

"Why me?" I asked and dropped my head on the table leaving it fall with a loud thud.

"Demi stop trying to give yourself a concussion and sit up." Selena's voice ordered.

"Why?" I whined and lifted my head up.

"Because you're a mature woman now. There's no point in causing yourself all this grief over nothing." Dani said proving a really good point.

"Yeah just talk to him like you used to. Stop putting an awkward barrier in between you two and just act like you've been friends since kindergarten." Shaun said.

"Yeah and if anything just give us a signal and we'll just throw spaghetti at him." Justin said.

I laughed. "Not that bad of an idea JB."

"Hey don't be that mean to him....He spent a lot of time looking his best for Demi." Dani said teasingly with a small laugh. I sighed and went back to banging my head into the table.

~Joe's P.O.V~

"All you gotta do is go in there with confidence..." Nick said.

"Confidence." Kevin repeated.

"Talk to her with ease..." Nick continued shaking his head.

"Ease." Kevin repeated again.

"I get it Kev." I said sending him a little amused smile.

"Oh okay." He replied.

Me and Nick shook our heads and we all went back inside. I immediately seen Demi banging her head against the table.

"Trying to get ride of a headache?" I asked and sat down next to her.

~Demi's P.O.V~

More like you. I shot him a smile and went back to my head banging against the table.

"Whoa there rock star. I don't think you want to give yourself a concussion." He warned and gently placed his hand under my forehead.

"I do if I want to forget this whole night ever happened." I snapped, not realizing what I said at first.

"And why would you wanna do that?" He asked smugly.

I sighed and rolled my eyes looking the other way. He had to be kidding. Right? Because if he wasn't then tonight wasn't going to end so great.

"I really don't understand why I even bothered wasting my time." I sternly said, still not looking at him.

"Neither do I. And of course it's like you to bring up the past." He said emotionless.

"Yeah I'm going to bring up the pass!" I lowly snapped now facing him.

"Guys people are staring." Selena said.

"Because when you're abandoned by someone you trusted to be there in your darkest times, it's a bit hard to forget about!" I said raising my voice a little bit louder.

"Well what the hell do you want me to do?! I'm trying to apologize!" He slightly yelled to make his voice louder then mine.

My fist began to ball up as he made more anger rage through me. I guess they realized because soon Justin and Shaun was trying to sit me back into my chair, and Nick and Kevin doing the same to Joe.

"Why bother now Joe?! It's been how long? Now you wanna apologize?!"

~Joe's P.O.V~

I just couldn't handle it anymore and I seen the embarrassment in everyone's face.

"I'm leaving....Sorry guys." I said getting up and walking outside of the restaurant. The cool air smacked my face and I breathed in.

"All I try to do is be friendly and she always wants a fight." I said to myself.

~Demi's P.O.V~

Joe stormed out of the restaurant and I scoffed. "Of course. It's just like him to run from his problems." I said not caring how loud I was at this point.

"Demi you really need to chill out." Jennie said.

"Me?! He started it! If he would just do what I ask and stay away-..."

"And even if he did. Did you really have to put on this whole show?" Selena asked.

"So you're all saying this is my fault?!" I asked slapping my hand on the side of my thigh.

"No Demi it's just-...." Dani started.

"Just forget about it okay?!" I interrupted and grabbed my jacket leaving the building.

~Joe's P.O.V~

I looked to see who was coming out of the restaurant. And of course I see Demi. I sighed and looked the other way.

"Yep, feel the same." She said throwing her jacket around her shoulders and managing to get it on.

"Did I say anything?" I scoffed.

"Whatever Joe. I don't understand your purpose of even coming back."

"Because I wanted to apologize!" I yelled to her since she moved to the other side of the parking lot.

"After-..."

"I know nearly 2 years! But I have a reason okay!?" I cut her off. I seen her smirk as she walked over to me.

"Well please tell because I'd love to hear this one." She sarcastically challenged. She sent me her little smirk and walked a little closer to me so that her face was only inches away.

"I didn't know how to handle seeing you like that. I made a mistake leaving." I admitted.

"Yeah I forgot you're so damn full of yourself you can't think of anyone but you." She replied continuing her death stare.

"...Anyways I guess it was just hard to tell you that our relationship just wasn't long enough." I said giving her back the same smirk.

"Really? Then this changes everything...Yeah no it doesn't." Her sarcasm was becoming more irritating by the second. I sighed in reply to her acting like a kid.

"You're just pathetic Joe."

"And how so?"

"Really? You seriously thought that just because you wanted me back I was going to fall right into your arms and say Baby I love. Don't ever leave.?"

I narrowed my eyes.

"Whatever Demi all I'm trying to do is support you."

"How? By trying to bring up my past and think I'm just going to trust you again because you want me to?" She asked, hurt starting to fill her eyes.

"No. You just came out of a bad time and I want to sup-..."

"Because of YOU!!" She yelled.

"It was all your fault and if you actually had a heart and cared I wouldn't even had that whole situation!"

"And you'd still be hiding it from everyone! Do you not remember how you would shut everyone around you out?! We wanted to help and you kept pushing people away! " I yelled back.

Her head fell to the floor. "Don't say we. You weren't there to help me when I broke down about having to leave! You weren't there during the whole argument that helped me realized I needed help! All you were good for was helping me find more reason to do it."

"Demi-..."

"Don't even Joe. I don't have the time for your excuses." She said ordering me to be quiet.

~Demi's P.O.V~

Thankfully everyone decided to come outside and I had finally gotten a breather from Joe.

"You alright?" Nick asked me as I made my way to the car that was taking me back home.

I sniffled and said. "Yeah. Can we just go home?" I asked looking at Jennie and the rest of the gang.

"Yeah come on." She agreed and everyone climbed into the car. Selena sat next to me and immediately pulled me into a hug. Which was perfect because right now I just needed the comfort. I let the tears rush down my face as we pulled out of the parking lot.

"It'll be fine." Justin said leaning over and rubbing my back. I sat up straight and wiped my eyes.

"I don't even get why I bother. Obviously I'm never going to be able to control my feelings. I try to reason with him and be friends at least but he always has to mess up something!" I shouted, angered.

"Shh Demi don't get worked up over this." Jennie said.

"Don't even worry about it. Right now you both need to find out what is gonna work best for you two. Once you guys can establish that then it's up to you where to go." Shaun said.

I breathed in deeply and closed my eyes. "Yeah I just need time on my own." I said still not opening my eyes.

~Joe's P.O.V~

"So much for giving her the song and apologizing." I said as they left.

"Come on man. It's going to be fi-.." Nick started.

"NO IT'S NOT!" I yelled.

"I'm never going to be able to see eye to eye with that fucking girl no matter what I do!"

"Joe really quiet down. I think you and Demi have pulled enough shows for tonight." Dani said in disapproval.

I closed my eyes and tried to breathe in deeply. Who cares how me and Demi showed off? We needed to get certain things out and I think for the most part we did that. If only I could find a way we could say these feelings instead of yelling them to each other. I got into the car and pressed my head against the glass, watching the passing scenery.

~Selena's P.O.V~

We had finally gotten Demi to calm down and she just decided to go to bed.

"Well the pasta was delicious. Anyone else?" I joked as everyone sat to watched a movie.

"Yeah well I'll make a mental note to never have Demi and Joe in the same room again." Jennie said. I shook my head and laughed along with Shaun and Justin.

"I can't believe they'd pull something like that though." Justin said.

"Well believe it. Because Demi and Joe are the two most unpredictable people you'll ever meet." I said knowingly.

He nodded his head and wrapped an arm around me as we continued to watch the movie.

~Demi's P.O.V~

I really couldn't sleep at all. I mainly walked around the room and looked through my  stupid books on the bookshelf. I didn't want to go bother the guys since I had already made a disaster of their night out. I kept walking around the room until I was finally tired enough to sleep for another hour.

Yeah this was going to be a VERY long night.

~Joe's P.O.V~

I sighed listening to my playlist of music for the thousandth time. I couldn't get her off my mind. Did she really blame me for having to go through rehab? Was it my fault?

I remembered everything that she said. How adorable she looked when she was so mad she was ready to kick me in the balls right there. But of course she couldn't. She wouldn't be able to harm me. She never could no matter how mad I made her.

Wait is that what she meant when she said I was full of myself ? I hadn't noticed I did that until she brought it up.

Maybe that's why I can't get her to listen. I'm just a complete asshole without meaning to. So maybe now I found out how to change for her. I just wished she knew I'd change everything if it'll make me her perfect guy.

Author's Note:

Thanks to everyone reading.

If you have any thing you think i should add or have a great Jemi moment you would want me to write about just let me know

Kind of in a small writers block so yeah.

Vote And Comment

P.S. Sorry about the auto tune on the video i just really loved the clips

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1.8K 191 28
Ever been betrayed by two people you love? How much she value friendship? How much does he value her? How much does she value him? This story emphasi...
37K 914 60
Demi has the vacation of her dreams, getting away from school where she constantly tormented alone with her 3 best friends. On her first day in Flori...
160K 3.7K 45
What would you do if Demi Lovato came to your house one day and asked if u can hide her from the paparazzi who is chasing her??
37.9K 1.1K 31
She's strong, he's a womanizer. She doesn't take shit from nobody. He doesn't give a fuck about anything. She knows how to defend herself. He knows...