ᴍᴇɴʜᴇʀᴀ // ᴍᴀᴛꜱᴜɴᴏ ᴄʜɪꜰᴜʏᴜ

By seraphicrxse

[SLOW UPDATES] A story in which Chifuyu meets a mentally ill girl. [WARNING(s): violence, strong/mostly mild... More

ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ꜱɪx
ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴛᴇɴ
ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ
ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜱɪx
HIATUS
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
UPDATE
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴜʀ
Character Profile
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ
UPDATE
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜱɪx
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ
ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ
ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ
ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ
ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ

ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ

181 7 0
By seraphicrxse

JUST A FEW HOURS EARLIER, Chifuyu was deciding to come check up on you, after what happened yesterday.

He didn't think he would end up talking to your aunt alone.

He didn't stay for long though, as he didn't just to take up too much of her time when it was supposed to be a Sunday.

He remembered one of the conversations they had.

"That child is often conflicted by people like you." Your aunt sighed deeply, her shoulders dropping a little.

"People like me?" Chifuyu looked up at her.

For a moment, her eyes lifted to look fixedly at Chifuyu, causing him to tense up a bit at the intensity. But she shut her eyes, sighing once more. "People who are genuinely kind, I mean." She added, looking off to the side.

He followed her gaze, and she seemed to be looking at the photos.

"I'm sure you've heard her story ― she didn't exactly have the happiest childhood." She propped an elbow on the table, hand to her cheek. "She's used to people's criticism and animosity."

Chifuyu let out a soft huff, frowning. He didn't know the full story, but he did hear bits and pieces of your life.

"Take my advice: If you want to convey your sentiments, just be blunt and straightforward. She won't understand if you beat around the bush."

"Blunt and straightforward... Got it." He nodded.

He walked along the road, the cars beside driving by. "Come to think of it..." He mumbled. That time when I was trying to convince her not to fight Tenjiku... She got upset.

"I didn't outright tell her I was worried, did I...?" He tried to scramble through his memory, but he couldn't remember. Maybe he really didn't. Was that why she was upset? She misunderstood that I just thought of her as weak.

That was after Takemichi had only told him how you were going to die. In the future, you had a sudden panic attack, and taking advantage of that, Kisaki killed you.

"Blunt and straightforward..." He repeated what your aunt had advised him. Even though he had known you for a couple of months now, ever since in October last year to February, it's not like he was with you every day.

Besides, his first meeting with you wasn't exactly like, "oh, you and I met, now we're best friends!" kind of thing.

It had to been at least a week since he first met you at school, to the rainy day around the convenience store. Then another week to the meeting you had accidentally disrupted. And then another two weeks to when you saw him at Baji's grave.

So, around four months or less.

But when did you two start to hang out?

Around the time when we met at the grave? Or... Oh. It was when Takemichi told him about how Kisaki killed you, even though you were completely unrelated to Tokyo Manji Gang.

If he remembered, he found himself at the same convenience store at the second meeting, trying to find you somehow.

What was he doing, to be honest? Did he feel bad that you were going to die? Or was it something else? Maybe because you already went through a rough time, so he didn't want you to die because of something irrelevant to you.

Regardless, in those four months, you've become someone important in his life.

He had grown accustomed to your presence.

He lifted his head, eyes staring at the clear sky. The clouds overhead slowly but surely drifting by. His eyes narrowed as the sun in the sky blinded his eyes, a hand shielding his face.

Maybe I'll go see her after all.

───────────────

Soon, it becomes night.

By now, he could see the moon in the sky, hiding behind a cloud while it glistens like a gem.

Chifuyu treaded on the path in Yoyogi Park, the place your aunt had told him about. He could barely see anything, as it was midnight.

"Why would she be here at this time..." He muttered under his breath, sighing as he used his cellphone's screen as light. Its light wasn't as useful as he thought, though. It could only light up so much.

There were street lamps on the side of the path. But they were far apart that it was still hard to see.

I wish her aunt couldn't give me a more specific location. He sighed. I mean, this place is huge.

It's not as if he comes here often, so he was having trouble navigating through.

Even though it was dark, he could still see ― if only just a little. He turned his head, seeing the moon reflected on the water beside.

"The moon sure is pretty tonight." He remarked. His legs took him near the water as he bent down, trying to see his reflection too.

But of course, it was dark so he couldn't see himself at all.

Chifuyu let out another sigh. He had walked around for at least five minutes now, and he couldn't find any signs of you. Maybe I should head home. Mom will be mad― Ahh, actually, she'll be mad anyway. It's already this late.

That was what he thought as he stood up, ready to turn back and go straight home... when he noticed a shadowy figure in the distance.

He froze on the spot for a moment. Maybe he thought it was some paranormal experience. Maybe a ghost or something crazy. But...

Splash!

The figure suddenly fell into the water.

"What!?" Chifuyu screamed.

He ran as fast as he could towards where the figure was standing before. There was a bridge here, and someone... just fell in!

"Oi! Are you okay!?" He screamed again, but he got no response. "Heeey! Can you hear me!?" He wasn't sure if he should be here shouting if the person isn't responding. "Ahh― Dammit!!" He quickly dropped his cellphone on the ground, preventing it from getting wet (and broken) as he stepped into the water.

He dugged his hands underneath the water levels, frantically searching around for a body or sorts.

The water isn't very deep that someone would drown, but―

Then, his hands caught on something solid.

He tugged and pulled until he could see it above water.

It's an arm! He thought, holding out hope as he pulled hard on that figure's arm back to land.

"Huff... huff..." The boy breathed heavily as he finally made onto land with the person, who was coughing hard ― probably drank and choked on the water.

He took a deep breath, "Hey, are you okay? Do you need help?"

"*cough* I-I'm― *cough* ―okay...! A-Although, I think I'm hearing things because―"

Chifuyu took a proper look at the person beside on the ground. The light of a nearby street lamp shone on them, showing an unexpected person.

"―I hear a very familiar voice―"

"[Last Name]-chan!?" He yelped, recoiling back in shock.

You flinched, as if your body froze for a second, before you slowly turned to your side, seeing the person whose voice you thought you had heard.

"Chifuyu-... san." You hesitated.

"Wait, what― Why― Huh!?" Chifuyu spluttered over his words, seemingly so confused he couldn't properly form sentences.

"I... I..." You shook your head. "...No. What are you doing here?" You asked him, rising to your feet.

"I..." Chifuyu sucked in some air, then exhaled them as the thoughts in his head cleared. "...I came to your house this morning, but you weren't home so your aunt told me where you might be."

"Auntie... told you?" Your eyes went as big as saucers, before they reverted back to size. "So she... knew...?" He heard you mumbled.

"...What?"

"...Nothing. Nothing at all." You hurriedly waved it off.

"Anyway, [Last Name]-chan, what are you doing here? Did you fall in by accident? Are you injured?" The rapid questions he was asking was making you confused.

Chifuyu tried to look around your person, searching for maybe any injuries on you. But of course, it was dark (again) and he couldn't see.

But that's not the only thing.

You were wearing something different to your usual uniform. A long-sleeved hoodie and sweatpants.

The confusion was clear on his face.

"Um... Let's... get out of here first." You told him.

"Ah... Okay."

───────────────

Now, you two were on the road, walking.

"Chifuyu-san... I'm sorry." You bowed your head as you walked.

"Huh? Why?" He looked surprised as he turned to you.

"I... well... fell in and you had to come help me." Your eyes glanced at his legs, where his pants must be wet. It was hard to make out in the dark lighting, but you were sure his clothes were dirty and wet.

"Ah, that? It's okay." He smiled at you.

Don't smile at me like that.

"But, why were you there at midnight? Why did you fall in the water? It seemed more like you jumped in, to be honest..."

Don't ask questions I can't answer honestly.

"Ah, actually... My class... We have an upcoming project, and my group has decided on a play." You explained. "I play the character of someone who has to fall into the water. You know, for drama." You held a finger up. "I want it to be as realistic as possible, so I sometimes come here to practice."

I'm sorry.

"At... midnight?" He raised a brow.

"Well, if I do that at any other time of the day, I'll be branded as a lunatic." You jokingly told him. "And I don't want that."

Even though I really am one.

"Heh, I bet." He laughed along.

Before you realized it, you both arrived at your house.

"Ah, Chifuyu-san." You called him. "You're all drenched ― um, only your legs but, you should come in to clean yourself first."

You told him, but he seemed hesitant.

"Oh, no, it's fine. I need to head home anyway. My mom will worry." He said, but you were not having any of it.

"But, it's cold right now. Your legs will get cold." You tried to pull on him closer to the front door. "You only got wet because you had to come help me. Let me repay you."

"Hey, don't pull! Really, I'm okay!"

"But, you're―"

The front door opened, and your aunt stood there with a really, REALLY stern expression.

You realized that you were still soaked clothes. Your hoodie and sweatpants were sticking onto your skin, and your hair was still slightly dripping with water.

"Ah― Auntie, hello... I, um..." You let go of Chifuyu's arm, stammering. "...Yo...?" You peeked up at her as your head laid low.

"Don't 'yo' me, [Name]!"

"Wah, I'm sorry!" You comically covered your head with your hands, shrinking your body.

Your aunt sighed, massaging her temples, before her eyes turned to Chifuyu, who awkwardly waved at her, clearimg his throat afterwards.

"Matsuno-san," Your aunt bowed a little. "Thank you for bringing this idiot back." She said, glaring at you.

"I'm sorry for being an idiot..." You had comical tears in your eyes as you apologized.

"She was playing around with the water again, wasn't she? I apologise that you had to deal with her antics." Your aunt huffed, shutting her eyes as if she couldn't believe this nonsense.

"It's really okay. Please don't apologise." Chifuyu replied. He didn't feel it was right that you two keep apologising. "Besides, if she was in danger, then it was worth it." He grinned widely.

You turned at him with wide eyes.

"...Is that so?" Your aunt huffed through her nose, before shaking her head and crossing her arms. "Anyway, come inside. You'll be cold out here." She went in the house.

"...Huh?" Chifuyu blinked.

"Yes, come in, Chifuyu-san!" You returned to your usual self, dragging him into the house.

"Ehhh...?" He groaned as he realized he has no choice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 105 17
❝ 永遠の光 / 𝒆𝒊𝒆𝒏 𝒏𝒐 𝒉𝒊𝒌𝒂𝒓𝒊 ❞ ➸ CHIFUYU MATSUNO X FEMALE READER in which Matsuno Chifuyu brings light into the dark world of a certain girl...
63.7K 2.2K 25
After a horrible incident, nearly one year ago, that took the life of his best friend, Chifuyu Matsuno was never the same. His friendly, outgoing per...
414K 18.9K 82
Tokyo Revengers various x Female! Reader ⌣ ‿ ‿ ‿ ‿ ‿ ‿ ⌣ ┆ ┆ ┆ ┆⋆ ┆ ┆ ┆જ ✾ ┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° ┆彡 ❀ ↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ- ╰──➤ "But when you told me the whole st...
15.3K 776 13
# - Matsuno Chifuyu x Female! Reader .ೃ࿐ - soulmate au, modern au 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇... a young gangster and a manga artist unexpectedly fall head over...