metamorphosis | various bnha

By stupidgorilla

[various!bnha x fem!moth!reader] "why do you wanna be a hero?" "i don't remember." quirkless and bullied [las... More

0 - b4 u start
1.1 - coma
1.2 - wake up, [first name]!
1.3 - pls let me take the exam!
1.4 - the whole family can hit
1.6 - pls be more selfish.
1.7 - janitor's closet
1.8 - in ur room
1.9 - hawks and miruko are bad influences
2.1 - let's go bully 1-a !
2.2 - u fuckking pest!!
2.3 - make it ur own
2.4 - those red eyes
2.5 - lamp, have you heard of them?
2.6 - it's not u (mostly)
2.7 - 2 urself!
2.8 - ¿1 of them?
2.9 - bite me! :3
2.10 - mutants can't sing
special - king of all losers
2.11 - nightmares
2.12 - red tie
2.13 - woogle, is it illegal to knock out a teacher?
2.14 - empty promises
2.15 - lovebug? gross!
2.16 - nezu hates [first name]
2.17 - ur the worst
2.18 - best friends?
2.19 - missed u
3.1 - dragons are real!
3.2 - fuck eraserhead!!!
3.3 - some sorta existential crisis
3.4 - headache
3.5 - the scary forest
3.6 - stupid fucking magician
3.7 - spinner?
3.8 - not enough
special - cold-blooded
3.9 - a friendly reunion :D
3.10 - i'm gonna fucking haunt you
3.11 - not yet
3.12 - u were right
3.13 - just letting yk
extra - songs !

1.5 - orientation

2.1K 91 73
By stupidgorilla

summary - new friends!

...

You stood beside Izuku, staring at the intimidatingly ginormous building that was UA. You got in and you couldn't believe it. Well, you didn't get into the hero course, but that was a given, considering you only got four points at the entrance exam. You were in class 1-C, the general course. You were sad, but you would be given a chance to upgrade during the Sports Festival. You were determined to get into the hero course.

You smoothed out your emerald green skirt and unbuttoned the first button of your dress shirt. You decided not to wear the blazer as it was too uptight for your tastes. Instead, you wore the gray vest over your white dress shirt. You also ditched the tie because you didn't know how to tie it.

One of your hands slipped into your skirt pocket, feeling for a moth shaped block of air. Maybe you'll see him today.

You noticed Izuku's nervously trembling frame, which compelled you to wrap one of your arms around his. Now your arms were interlocked as you walked to your classrooms, which were on the same floor. You, too, were trying to stop yourself from shaking. God, were you excited!

You stood at 1-A's giant door, trying to reassure Izuku. You told him there was more to the test, and he got 60 rescue points. You didn't get any though, but again, you didn't do anything during the exam.

When you entered your class, you decided to sit in the back. You knew your height and wings would probably block some poor soul behind you. The kid beside you eyed your frame before going back to using his phone under his desk. His back was hunched at a concerning curvature.

You were more than likely going to get to know each other, so might as well do it now, right? "Hi!" you chirped. "I'm [last name] [first name]."

He warily side eyed you again before straightening out. "Shinsou Hitoshi," he drawled, running his fingers through his purple hair, which stood on end. He had dark eyebags that told you he didn't get a very good night's sleep last night – or maybe it was genetics?

'Why is she talking to me...?'

Not knowing what else to say, you pulled out your own phone and clicked on Izuku's contact to text him. You hesitated. Should you text him? He's probably making friends right now. You ended up playing crossy road until the teacher arrived, which didn't take very long.

Your homeroom teacher was Ectoplasm. ECTOPLASM. And he was a math teacher? It was actually crazy to see a hero being so normal. He was one of your favorite heroes, simply because of how real he was. And the fact that he had a cool quirk. Like, cloning has to be in the top 20 super powers.

After roll call, you attend an orientation. Ectoplasm led your class to the auditorium where you sat down beside Shinsou. On your other side was a girl with light blonde hair, which was curled at the ends. From her makeup, you could clearly see that she was a gyaru! Oh, you need to become friends with her. "Hi! I'm [last name] [first name]. What's your name?"

"Oh, you're in my class right?" she purred, to which you nodded. "The name's Tsumeko Aina! Wanna be friends?"

You vigorously nodded as a smile grew on your face. "Please! Do you wanna eat lunch together?"

"Of course! Where ya from? I'm from Tottori." Oh, she actually said yes? Man, this is easier than expected. Ignoring the fact that you just canceled plans to eat lunch with Izuku and Shouto, you continued to smile and talk to the girl.

"I grew up around here, but you're all the way from Tottori? That's so far away!" Tottori was around 500 miles away from Shizuoka, so you were shocked to hear that. However, UA is a national school so people from all over Japan must be in this very room! The thought excited you – there were so many new people to meet! "How do you get to school, a plane?"

She laughed, a warm bubbly noise, "No, silly! UA owns a few dorm buildings off campus, so I just live in one of those."

"Ohhh, I never knew that." Maybe pre-coma you did know that, you'd never know.

The lights dimmed and a little animal thing appeared on stage. He introduced himself as Principal Nezu.

"Can't believe that's our principal," you whispered to Tsumeko.

"Isn't he adorable though? Like a cute little mouse!" Tsumeko was not a very good whisperer.

The mouse started going over the rules, which you decided to blank out during. Boring, boring, booooring stuff. Then it was time for the tour. The giant mass of students broke into groups of 20, with each group being led by a hero. You stuck with Tsumeko.

"This school is so big!" she exclaimed, linking a pair of your arms together.

"Right! And the doors are so tall!" Then you saw someone you thought you recognized. "Kosei-kun!" you called out. He didn't hear you, which caused you to roll your eyes and hide your embarrassment.

Tsumeko grinned at you. "Huhhh, is that your boyfriend?"

You gave her a lighthearted sneer. "Barfff, Tsumeko. I met him, like, a week ago."

"Maybe it was love at first sight!"

You giggled. Maybe you wouldn't mind. "Tsuburaba Koseiii!" you called again as you walked closer, dragging out his first name. You pulled Tsumeko along with you.

He finally turned his head, eyebrows raising in surprise when he met your shining eyes. The corners of his lips rose in a genuine smile. "Oh, so you did get in, huh, [first name]-chan?"

"Yeah, thanks to my good luck charm," you giggled, pulling out the moth-shaped air from your pocket.

He rubbed the back of his neck as his smile grew, causing his eyes to shut. "Awwww-"

"Oh, Kosei-kun, this is Tsumeko Aina, and Tsumeko-san, this is Tsuburaba Kosei!" you motioned at the two.

She wiggled her brows at you, as if to say, "So you met him last week but you call each other by your first names?"

During the tour of the campus, the three of you continued to walk and talk. You asked what they had done over the break and etcetera.

When the tour came to an end, it was lunch time and your legs were tired from walking up and down the stairs. "Hey, could I get your numbers?" you asked the two, timidly looking past them.

Flustered, Kosei let out a weird gurgle while blushing, which caused Tsumeko and you to laugh. The blonde quickly snatched your phone out of your grasp and put in her number. After texting herself, she changed the contact name to "Aina-chan 😽" and took a cute selfie for the profile picture.

"Call me Aina from now on – Tsumeko-san's way too formal!"

Stars appeared in your eyes. "Call me [first name] then!"

"And I'm Kosei!"

"No one asked, Tsuburaba-kun," Aina rolled her eyes.

Kosei deflated, but took your phone from her hands. He put in his own number and contact name, "Kosei :)"

"I need a profile picture for you," you said, opening your camera and setting it to 0.5. "Hold still please–" Snap! And done! You flipped your phone to show Kosei the beautiful photo.

"What's with that angle!" he whined.

You laughed into your fist and showed Aina the picture of Kosei. Then, they both took pictures of you for your profile picture on their phones (Kosei, of course, got his revenge).

"Do you guys want to eat lunch together?" the boy asked. "I'm probably eating with Kaibara and a few other kids from my class."

"Oh, what class is Kaibara-kun in?"

"1-B-"

"Hey, speaking of classes, where's class 1-A?" Aina commented.

"You're right..." Kosei rubbed his chin. "I haven't seen them at all today!"

You shrugged. "Hm, one of my friends is in 1-A, I'll text him." You pressed on Izuku's contact.

[you]

zuchannnnn

its lunch wya

delivered

By the time you sat down by Kosei during lunch, Izuku still hadn't answered or even read your text. Also, you couldn't see his green hair anywhere in the giant cafeteria. Maybe he was ignoring you... Why would he ignore you though? Because he got into the hero course and you didn't? Shit, Izuku wouldn't do that, it would be totally out of his character!

During lunch, you talked with a boy named Honenuki Juzo, who was a recommended student (which is absolutely crazy, by the way, he must've really impressed a pro hero!), a girl named Tokage Setsuna (she was recommended, too, and you were amazed!), and another boy named Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu. It was a funny name, you had to admit. You tried your best not to giggle at it. Oh, and of course you talked to Aina, Kosei, and Sen.

"Tsumeko-san! I looove your makeup so much!" Tokage cheerfully exclaimed. "I used to do my makeup like that all the time in middle school!"

"Really! Do you have pics?"

"Ah, I wanna see!" you leaned over the table to look at the pictures. "You look so pretty, Tokage-san!"

Aina nodded her head, her blonde curls bouncing on her shoulders. "It suited you so well!"

"I've always wanted to try gyaru makeup-" you said before Aina interrupted you.

"Oh, I'll totally give you a gyaru makeover sometime!" she excitedly cooed.

Every class had 6 periods, except the hero course, which had an extra 7th period. This made your plan to walk home with Izuku impossible, unless you wanted to wait another hour after school.

Maybe you should join a club?

You stood in front of the door to class 1-A. Izuku still hadn't read your text and it was worrying you. You knocked twice on the door before opening it. It was a passing period, which was 10 minutes long. All the students in the class were out of their seats and talking in groups, but they all stopped and stared at you when they heard the door hinge creak open. Oh gosh, look away please.

So this is the hero course, huh?

A blue-haired boy with glasses rapidly approached you. "I'm Iida Tenya. Please state your business!" he demanded, swiftly chopping (?) the air.

"Oh, um, is Izuku here? Uh, Midoriya Izuku?" His formality and hard stare made you nervous.

"Are you a friend of his?" You timidly nodded. "He's in recovery getting his finger healed."

"What, why?" Your eyes widened. He broke his finger? How did he manage that? It's literally the first day!

"He managed to injure it during the quirk assessment while using his quirk."

So he really does have a quirk? And his quirk hurts him? "Ah, I see. Is that why your class missed orientation?"

"Yes! It took us by surprise, but all of my peers managed to do well!"

"That's good, that's good," you said under your breath as your eyes drifted behind him. Oh, is that Shouto? You waved at the boy, to which he stoically nodded in greeting. "Well, tell him I'll see him tomorrow. Bye!"

"Alright!" When you left, Iida turned back to his classmates, some of whom had been eavesdropping.

"Ahhh, I wish I had a cute girlfriend to care for me like Midoriya-san!" You heard from the other side of the door. Yes, you were still there, and you could hear everything very clearly thanks to your antennae. "I kinda hope they break up so I can ask her out..."

"Woah, that's not manly, Kaminari-kun..."

Should you barge in and say that you're not dating? No, that would be weird considering you just exited the room. Hopefully Izuku clears it up when he hears about it.

"Lucky bastard, that Midoriya! She was so hot!" Woah, who said that!? They think you're hot? Hey, maybe you are pretty hot... "And she had four hands, if you're picking up what I'm putting down– OUCH!"

"What a pervert, ribbit."

Thank you unknown person! Whoever that kid is is gonna get a beating from you when you see him again... How did they allow someone like that in UA!

"Have some decorum!"

"Yeah, have some respect...!"

"No way can Deku get a fucking girl, you idiots," a voice that sent shivers down your spine muttered.

"Midoriya-san is a very respectable young man, Bakugou-san!"

"Yo, she had four arms, Shoji-san, are you related?" You did see that big kid in the back with, like, six arms.

"And her eyes were like Mina-san's and they both have little antennas. And her wings were pretty manly, too!"

Wings? Manly? 'I guess that's a compliment?'

"Maybe she's my long lost cousin, haha!"

Your antennae twitched. Oh shit, there's someone walking this way and you look like an absolute creep with your antennae pressed to the door.

Before you had time to react, a tired voice said, "What are you doing...?"

You jumped up and swiveled around to stare at the man. Long and messy black hair, stubble, and all black attire. Scary!

"Oh, I was just trying to check on my friend Izuku," you quickly explained, all four of your hands fidgeting with each other.

"That Midoriya boy?" He let out an exasperated sigh at the mention of your best friend. "He's in recovery, kid."

"Thanks!" You scurried away, trying to get out of the conversation.

When you got home that day, Izuku sent you many, many frantically misspelled texts about how he passed out because his finger hurt so much and that he couldn't read your messages. You texted him back telling him that it was fine. You continued to talk about your day and the orientation and new friends.

[you]

oh ya

i visited ur class cz i ws worried abt u

cz u werent reading my texts and all

[zucchan ?]

oh you did ??

did you talk to my classmates ?

[you]

YES

THAT BLUE HAIRED KID IS SO SCARTYU

[zucchan ?]

HAERBEUHA IIDA ???

I THOUGTHT HSAT TOOO

at the twst when he called me iut i almost cried

[you]

like he was so like proper

he was like

state ur business 🤓

like hes literally that emoji

[zucchan ?]

oh my gosh [nickname]ywerqnoiaw

pls im only gonna think of that when i see him now 😭

but also

uraraka san said something really weird

[you]

??

OH BEFORE U SAY SOMETHIGN

ur class mates think were dating 💀

[zucchan ?]

YES

I MEAN NO

I MEAN

we aafre noy dating and uraraka san asked if a gril with a bug sort of quirk was my girldfrid snd i knew she was tratklking about you so i saif no of coeurds because obvoously we aar not togetrhd and all so now she knwos were not dtainng

[you]

woah

how did u make so many typos LMAO

do u mind telling the rest of ur classmates that lol 😊

cz ppl in ur class were calling me cute 😛😛😛

[zucchan ?]

you are cute

LIKE ADORABLE

HAHA!

OK GOOD NIGHT

[you]

thank uuu ?

gn zucchan zzz

lets eat lunch tg 2mrw alr?

[zucchan ?]

OKAY

Oh gosh, he's such an idiot. He didn't mean to send the 'you are cute' text! He was supposed to delete it and then suppress the weird feelings. Oh my God, he's an idiot. Thank God you reacted normally.

And the dating thing... Izuku turned bright red when Uraraka mentioned his "girlfriend" that he didn't have, and when she began to describe the girl, he nearly fainted! You!? Him!? Dating!? Oh gosh, the thought of dating his best friend made him want to explode.

...

The next day, you stood in front of class 1-A, waiting for a head of green hair to pop out. When he did, he was accompanied by two other people, a brown-haired girl and the blue-haired guy from yesterday. Iida, was it?

"Hi! I didn't introduce myself yesterday, but I'm [last name] [first name]," you slightly bowed at the two new faces.

"Oh, you're Midoriya's friend from yesterday, aren't you! I'm Uraraka Ochako," she chirped. So this is the girl Izuku was talking about yesterday? She's so cute!

"It's great to see that Midoriya-san has such a reliable friend," Iida said, a smile on his face.

Uraraka stared at you, her brows scrunched together. "Is there something on my face?" you asked.

"Yeah, beauty!" a smooth voice said. 'What.' You whipped around to see a grinning boy with blond hair, a black zigzag on his bang. You stared at him, befuddled. Beauty? Beside him stood a little purple boy smiling very creepily at you. You could tell it was the face of a pervert. "Allow me to introduce myself," he grabbed a pair of your hands and brought them up to his chest. "I'm Kaminari Denki, but you can call me y– YOWCH!"

The boy, Kaminari, slapped his hand over his left eye, which had just been poked. He cradled it as he whimpered in pain. The other boy did the same, though dramatically howling in pain.

A girl strolled by, holding her tray. Oh, she was the funny girl from the entrance exam! Her earlobe (?) waved at you, which told you she was the culprit of the boy's injury. "Oh, hiii!" you grinned, waving at her. "Thank you," your grin grew.

"No problem," she nonchalantly shrugged, continuing on her way to her lunch table.

Kaminari, on the other hand, had left out of shame. You saw him being comforted by a red-haired boy while a pink-haired girl gave you a big smile and an enthusiastic wave. Another boy, with longer black hair and a big triangular grin, could be heard shouting, "She doesn't want you, lil' bro."

"Zucchan, what's her name?" you whispered into the boy's ear.

He slightly jumped. "Oh, that was Jirou! H- Her quirk has to do with the audiojack-like attachments on her earlobes. I'm pretty sure–" He continued to ramble until he stopped himself. "Do you know her?"

You stared off into the direction she left, and then turned back to Izuku. "I sat next to her at the entrance exams, I'm pretty sure."

"I knew you looked familiar!" Uraraka finally declared. "I saw you two together after the entrance exam!"

"You were at the entrance exam?" Iida questioned, pushing up his glasses with two fingers. "Purely out of curiosity, may I ask how many points you got in the practical portion?" You could tell he asked the question good-naturedly, but still...

"I'm curious, too," Uraraka muttered, tapping her chin.

You hesitated. Would they make fun of you? Probably... But they seem nice enough? And you wouldn't mind being made fun of, not like it would be the first time. Also, if someone told you they got four points you would probably laugh a bit too. "I got four points," you sheepishly answered, shamefully avoiding their eyes.

"Don't be ashamed!" Iida stated, reaching over the table to put a rough hand on your shoulder. "Just trying on the exam is honorable, and you still got into this prestigious institution. Not to mention, you still have a chance of being placed into the hero course!"

His words made you smile, even if it was like talking to your grandpa. "You're right... I really needed that, Iida-san."

He reciprocated your smile and took his hand off your shoulder. "I was glad to be of assistance, [last name]-san."

...

wc - 3,270 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

982 27 11
Y/N is terrified of using her quirk. Killing her parents when she was a child, she swore never to use her quirk again. But when it activates again, m...
134K 5.9K 107
"I wasn't born to love or be loved, or become a hero, or live a normal life. Nor was I born to protect him, but out of everything, that's what I plan...
8.4K 306 26
bnha/MHA x modern/Isekai reader part time working teen takes in a cat that was a deity in disguise and granted her a wish as a thank you. she goes to...
58.3K 1.8K 37
💜you can find my work ONLY on wattpad and AO3 under: Legionofwhispers My work being on any other sites is against my consent.💜 Y/N has a dark begin...