Saving him (Naruto fan-fic)

By BrookeSimmons

~Part One~ (Sequel to becoming a ninja) Yuki is back and stronger than ever! She has spent the last two year... More

Chapter 2- Team seven'e bell test, without Sasuke
Chapter 1- Yuki Okami is back!
Chapter 7- Give Gaara back!
Chapter 6- Team highfive?
Chapter 4- Fighting Itachi and a memory
~Special~Chapter 5- Valentines day
Chapter 3- Saving Gaara
Chapter 8- Gaara lives!!
Chapter 9- What happened to Akamaru!?
Chapter 10- Rude, unwanted team mate, and Akami
Chapter 11- I would rather spend a day in the wooden cage beating up Sai
Chapter 12- The plan
Chapter 13- Orochimaru, still a creeper...
Chapter 15- *Filler* Great, a mission with Akami's team...
Chapter 16- *Filler-Part 2* Konoha's Crystal Wolf
Chapter 17- *Filler part three* Akiko
Chapter 18-*Filler part 4* Arriving
Chapter 19- Training with Kakashi
Chapter 20- The beginning of a new mission
Chapter 21- The violent monk
Chapter 22- Yuki's tears
Chapter 23- A small talk with Sai
Chapter 24- Desperate attempt for a kiss
Chapter 25-A small bet
Chapter 26- Sora, stop glaring at my part-time dog!
Chapter 27- Naruto! Didn't I tell you to stop breaking into my house?
Chapter 28- A little talking and a little training
Chapter 29- A painful fight between Tensai's
Chapter 30
~Special~ The Lost Tower- Where are we?
~ Special ~ The Lost Tower- So, we went back to the past
~Special~ The Lost Tower- Finding Mukade
~Special~ The Lost Tower- Going back
Chapter 31- There's no way Granny Tsunade lied
Chapter 32- A little frustration
Chapter 33- Progress
Chapter 34- R.I.P Asuma sensei...
Chapter 35- So... there is such thing as a Immortal? Damn, I lost the bet.
chapter 36- The First Kiss
Chapter 37- Some time with Grandpa Sage
Chapter 38- Hidden Knowledge about the Tensai
~Halloween Special~
Chapter 39- Another Crystal user
Chapter 40- Their intentions
chapter 41
Chapter 42- You're sending me back?!
Chapter 43- *Mai* Separation of the Crystal Users
Chapter 44- *Mai* Academy and Genin Days
Chapter 45- *Mai* Jounin years and the Kyuubi's attack (Part 1)
Chapter 46- *Mai* Jounin Days and the Kyuubi's attack (Part 2)
Chapter 47- Who are these two?!
Chapter 48- Introducing and a almost confession
Chapter 49- Going after Sasuke
Chapter 50- Getting Closer
Chapter 51- The New Akatsui Member, Tobi
Chapter 52- Another failed attempt
Chapter 53- Kessho Village's new leader, Eito
Chapter 54- Learning About the Crystal Style
Chapter 55-Crystal Healing Abilities
Chapter 56- Last Day at the Kessho Village
Chapter 57- Zero and Ichiru's Past -Part 1-
Chapter 58- Zero and Ichiru's Past -Part 2-
Chapter 59- Zero and Ichiru's Past -Part 3-
Chapter 60- Is He Really Gone?
Chapter 61- Leaving Konoha, Alone
Chapter 62- Training with Crystal
Chapter 63- Training with Wolfs
Chapter 64- The New and Improved Okami
Chapter 65- Pain of many kinds
Chapter 66- A New Konoha
Chapter 67- The New Hokage
Chapter 68- Going to meet the Raikage
Chapter 69- Begging for Forgiveness for a Friend
Chapter 70- Madara and Sasuke
Chapter 71- Uchiha Sasuke, Friend or Foe
Chapter 72- Uchiha V.S Okami
Chapter 73- Granny's back
Chapter 74
Chapter 75- Date?
Chapter 76- Goodbye

Chapter 14- 'Love illness'

11.6K 267 67
By BrookeSimmons

I do not own Naruto

My eyes opened to see a white room, my arms and head wrapped in white bandages. My eyes snapped to the side when I heard snoring. A small smile formed onto my face as I saw Naruto lying in the bed beside me.

I jumped when the window opened, looking over I saw Jiraiya. "Oh, you're finally up." He smiled as he sat himself on the window ledge.

"Hey Grampa sage." I greeted, my voice a little raspy as I glanced at the sleeping Naruto. "How long has he been here? Is he okay?"

Jiraiya chuckled, "Almost a week, and yes he's just fine. As a mater of fact, as soon as you were brought here he went home, grabbed a couple of clothes and refused to leave. Even after hearing that you were okay."

I gave a small laugh but my happiness faded. "Did Granny check my, illness?"

He nodded. "She said that you should be fine, although I think you will have to take some medication for a month or something like that to make sure you're okay." He ruffled my hair. "You sure had us worried, kid."

One eye closed as I gave him a smile. "Hey! I promised Naruto I wouldn't die. Besides, who's going to protect him if I don't? And who's going to keep you in check, Naruto wouldn't, he would probably join you in your influence." He chuckled.

"Oh, by the way there was a little girl with, um, cat ears that kept coming by to check on you. She said something about wanting to show you something. She seems very fond of you." Jiraiya smiled.

"Oh! Akami! I met her before I went on the mission. Some genin's were picking on her, she's a strong kid, cute too-" I stopped when the door opened.

Glancing over a small smile formed again as I saw Akami, her ears down as she looked at the floor. Looking up her expression changed as she saw me awake. "Yuki!" She exclaimed jumping at me.

Luckily Jiraiya caught her before she tackled me. "Hey, can't you see she's injured? Jumping on her will only hurt her more, and she's just woke up."

She pouted as she looked at him then at me and grinned. Reaching into a pouch around her waist she pulled out a headband. "Look Yuki-chan! I graduated like I said I would!" Her grinned stayed in place.

I smiled, "You did, huh? So what team are you on?"

Jiraiya smiled as he set the excited squirming genin down. As soon as her feet were on the ground she ran to the side on my bed.

"I was put on a team of four, since I graduated at a different time." She hugged her headband. "I'm on team Ebisu!"

"Oh? The closet perv? Hey, isn't Konohamaru, Udon, and Moegi on that squad?" I asked putting a finger to my cheek in a thinking manner.

She nodded, "Yeah! Konohamaru-kun said he knew you and Naruto, is it true?"

I nodded, "Yeah, Naruto-kun is almost like a second teacher to him."

I turned to Jiraiya as I heard the window open again, he was half way out the door. "Hey, Pervy sage, where you going?"

He looked at me. "I'll see you later Yuki. I'm sure Lady Tsunade is going to be letting you out soon anyway." He gave a little wave before disappearing.

Akami turned to lok at Naruto, who was mumbling in his sleep, as always. "No, i swear I didn't...." Then he would snore.

I giggled, Akami's ears twitched as she walked closer then poked his whiskered cheek. Nothing happened, she turned to me.

"So, that' s Naruto?" I nodded. "Why is he here? I mean, since I've been seeing you he's been here, and from what I've seen he didn't seem hurt."

I shrugged as another smile formed. "I think Pervy Sage said that he stayed because he wanted to make sure I was okay. We have been best friends for years, so I guess you could say I would do the same for him."

She nodded as the door opened again. Looking at the door I saw Tsunade and Sakura walk in. Sakura gave a small smile to Akami as she saw her first.

"I see your back again, Akami." Tsunade said as she looked down at Akami, who smiled and nodded.

"Look! Yuki finally woke up!" She pointed to ma, I gave a wave through my heavily bandaged hands.

"Yuki!" I was engulfed into a hug by someone with pink hair.

"Hey Sakura-san." I chuckled as she let go of me.

"Sorry, I- I just was so worried. You were out for almost a week in that condition. As a matter of fact, it's a shock that your awake now." She rubbed her head.

I nodded. "Yeah, but I did promise Naruto-kun I wouldn't die, not until he becomes Hokage. Also, I need to get stronger so the earlier I woke up the better."

Tsunade, who was also smiling, wlaked over to me. "You gave everyone a big scare. Let me check you real quick, if your fully healed you can leave. Although I think that you might have to leave those bandages on your hands for a little longer, just to make sure that your hands are fully healed." I nodded.

Her hands glowed green as she placed them over me, checking for anything wrong. Soon she sighed in relief.

"You're all clear, but since your last mission I need you to take these. Just take one a day for a month, or until the bottle is gone. If you still have any more problems we might have to do more sugery." She handed me a bottle before looking at Naruto.

"Thanks Granny!" I exclaimed as Sakura went to heal my hands a little more, trying to speed up the healing process.

Akami looked at the time. "I gotta go! Ebisu sensei is going to be mad if I'm late again!" She yelled as she ran out the room.

I chuckled, "So, she graduated already, how old is she?"

"She's ten, smart kid. Too bad her clan and village are gone." Tsunade said as she shook her head sadly.

"I don't mean to sound rude, but why does she have those, cat features?" I asked.

"Well, as far as I'm aware her clan focused on animals. I think that they get those animal features to symbolize what type of person they are, and what kind of animal they can summon. But I don't think their born with it, around a certain age their animal features kick in, eyes change and ears change. Sometimes it's different things, not always eyes and ears. If I'm correct they also have a Kekkai Genkai, something like being able to communicate to animals." Tsunade explained as Sakura got annoyed with Naruto's snoring.

I nodded, "I might have to ask her sometime, her clan seems interesting." We turned to see Sakura hit Naruto over the head.

"Hey, wake up idiot!" She shouted.

His eyes snapped open as he clutched his head. "Ow! Sakura-chan, you're cruel!"

"Well, if you weren't busy sleeping, you would notice that that Yuki woke up." She crossed her arms.

"Yuki-chan's up?" He asked.

"Hey Naruto-kun." I chuckled.

Just like Sakura, I found myself in a hug. This time though, Naruto was the one hugging me. Unlike with Sakura though, I had a strange feeling. Just like when we were on the mission and my stomach would feel funny when I was around Naruto.

"Yuukii-chann!" He shouted happily as he dragged out my name, still hugging me.

"Well Yuki, you're released from the hospital." Tsunade said as she and Sakura left to deal with other patients.

I walked to Tsuande's office slowly. 'I need to ask Granny about that weird feeling. Have I become allergic to Naruto?'

Knocking I waited for the reply for me to come in, once I heard her I opened the door. She looked up at me shocked. "Yuki, what's bringing you here?"

"Um, I know I shouldn't bother you and all, but I didn't want to just see a doctor for this."

"What's wrong?" Her voice was lased with concern.

"Well, you see. Since I've been around Naruto-kun I get this weird feeling in my stomach, and my heard races abnormally. Do you think I'm allergic to him or something? I mean, I know it's not heard of to become allergic to someone, but- I don't know."

She had a blank look on her face as she looked at me like she was thinking to take me seriously or not. After staring at me for a while she busted out laughing, I blinked.

"W-What?" I asked.

"N-No Yuki, you're not allergic to him. I think this thing you're feeling is more of a love kind of sickness." She smiled.

"Love sickness? So, what's the medican?" I tilted my head, she smiled amused.

"There is only one cure, be around him. There is no other medican for this, do you understand?" She asked, slowly I shook my head. "Just go ask Sakura, or Ino, but it may be better if you only leave it to the two of them right now, okay?"

I nodded and turned to leave, "Thank you Granny!"

*The next day*

I yawned as I looked outside my house. 'Kakashi's still in the hospital,' I snickered to myself. 'Maybe he's getting to old to recover as fast as he used to.'

Smiling I made my way to the shower to get ready for the day. 'Better get ready since Naruto wants Sakura and I to go with him to see Kakashi.'

After showering I shrew on my clothes, since I didn't have any missions today I wore my civilian clothes. A green and black tank top with  a white jacket, and a black skirt. (Picture on the side) Shoving my shoes on I hopped to the door. After locking it and slipping the key into my pocket I continued to the busy roads.

With a sigh I held my growling stomach. "I forgot  to eat breakfast! Oh well, I'll grab some food real quick.' A grin formed as I saw a small store selling rice balls.

I pulled out my money as I ran towards it. "I'll take four please!" With a grin I help up four fingers and handed the money over.

The old man laughed, "All right, be right up."

 I held two rice balls in one hand, one in my other and one half way in my mouth as I ate it. 'That old man sure can make some good rice balls!' I thought with my eyes closed and a mouth full grin.

After swallowing the one in my mouth I shoved another to replace it. Looking up I saw Naruto sitting on some stairs. Quickly I swallowed the other and ran over to him.

"Hey Naruto-kun! Hungry?" I offered him one ot the two rice balls left.

"Hey Yuki-chan, thanks." He took one of the rice balls.

"Naruto! Yuki!" We turned to see Sakura smiling and waving, beside her was Sai.

"Ah man, Sai's coming too?" Naruto complained.

"I bumped into him at the library." Sakura explained.

I nudged Naruto, "Let's try to give him another chance, huh Naruto-kun?"

He pouted, "Yeah, but  took up the time to plan this out."

Sakura rolled her eyes. "If you have so much time, you should go and study some ninjutsu."

He stuck out his tongue as if he was gagging. "Studying! I can't believe you guys go to the library, it's so lame." He mumbled.

 I smiled as Sakura said, "You don't just need to train physically, but mentally too! You're a complete idiot."

"I would agree Sakura-san, but sometimes I think Naruto-kun can't read." I giggled.

Naruto pouted more, "Sakura-chan, Yuki-chan, that was harsh."

I pouted mockingly and gave him a hug patting his back. "Awe Naruto-kun, we're only kidding. you can read just fine." When I released him I saw his face was red. I tilted my head to the side and opened my mouth.

"Um, N-Naruto, Sakura, Y-Yuki..." We all turned to look at Sai. He looked down, scratching his cheek. "May I join in your conversation?"

We looked at each other, I grinned. "Uh, you see. I was reading about how to open up to people, and it said try using nicknames. By doing so, you can become friends faster and easier." He ended with a small smile, one that didn't seem as fake as before.

Naruto grinned with me and placed his arms behind his head. "What? That's what you're so worried about?"

I giggled, "No need to be so nervous, Sai."

"So that book you read earlier..." Sakura smiled.

"Yeah I was trying to come up with nicknames for you three. But I can't think of any, so I thought  dropping the honorifics was good enough." Sai walked closer.

"You don't decide on nicknames, they just happen." Naruto replied.

"They normaly have something to do with a person's traits or charistics. Like Pervy Sage, he's a pervert and a sage." I chuckled.

Sakura jumped in, "Yeah, take Naruto for example. 'Naruto the idiot', or 'Naruto the jerk' fit him perfectly."

Naruto looked down, "Sakura! You're killing me."

Sai took a thoughtful pose as I looked down at my last rice ball. Looking back up I saw Sai stare at Sakura before nodding. "Thanks, I think I get it, Ugly."

My mouth dropped as my eyes widened to look at Sai then Sakura. Quickly both Naruto and I grabbed Sakura to hole her back.

"Damn you!" She shouted.

"Sai! You're killing us!" Naruto and I shouted, trying to hold Sakura back.

"I am, how?" Sai asked. I ducked as Sakura went to hit Naruto and I, then Sai. "Sakura, why'd you hit me too?" Naruto mumbled as he rubbed his cheek.

Sai turned to me, "Can I try again?"

I looked at him, then shook my head.

"So you're the new team member Sai, right?" Kakashi asked as we stood at the foot of his bed. Naruto and Sai stood rubbing their red cheeks, I snickered beside them while Sakura smiled sweetly.

Kakashi looked at the two then at Sakura and I. "Sakura, Yuki come over here please?" We walked over to him. "I see they've got some scratches. Did they get in a fight already? I know Naruto well enough not to be suprised, but..."

Sakura jumped up, "No, it's not that! Honestly we get along very well!"

I snickered even more as Sakura waved her hands around a nervous smile on her face. Kakashi looked at me, "What Yuki?"

It was my turn to wave my hand around, "No nothing! Sakura's right! We get along g-great!" I laughed a little more.

"Oh, I see. That's good." Kakashi nodded, Sakura broke into guilty laughs, then looked at Naruto.

 "Kakashi sensei, while we were on our mission-" Kakashi interupted.

"Yamato told me about everything, including Sasuke." He muttered.

We looked down, "We're running out of time! At this rate, we'll... We can't bring Sasuke back, not like we are now. He's too strong." Naruto said.

I kept my eyes down on the white tiled ground. 'And, I don't know if that's the same Sasuke as before... But even so, as long as Naruto dosen't give up on him, then I won't either.'

"Then, you just need to become stronger, right?" Kakashi asked.

Naruto and I looked up at our silver haired sensei. "From what I saw, he's gotten so strong, so fast, it's unbelievable. I asked Lady Tsunade, she said he's probably learning forbidden techniques. And considering he's got Kabuto being him, probably using drugs as well. Just reading isn't going to help me understand people experiment on humans." Sakura said.

"Well then, we'll get stronger in a unbelievably short amount of time, too." Kakashi shrugged like it was noting to worry about.

"But how?" Sakura demanded.

"You think I've just been lying around doing nothing?" Kakashi asked, still looking at his orange book. "I've been thinking over this whole time I've been here. And I've finally got an idea. But the training is more suited for Naruto, and maybe Yuki can handle it." Both of us looked at Kakashi. "You two, if this works you may, in a sense, even surpass me."

'Surpass Kakashi sensei?' My eyed widened.

"I'll be working with you two the whole time, but it's unlike any training you've done before." Kakashi told us calmly.

"What will we be doing?" I asked feeling excited.

"You're going to learn the most powerful technique you can do by creating it yourself. Meaning you're going to learn a technique more powerful than the Rasengan." Kakashi said. "But to do so, you'll need to invest a massive amount of time and effort. It's also going to be different from the Rasengan, which someone else created, and which you learned from careful instruction."

"Massive amounts of time. We don't have time! Sasuke's-" Naruto shouted.

"Relax, I figured out how we can do it in no time at all." Our sensei smirked through his mask.

"How?" Naruto and I asked in unison.

"Well-" Kakashi was interrupted by the door opening.

"How ya doing, Kakashi?" Asuma asked.

"Asuma sensei! You should at least knock first!" Ino shouted.

Shikamaru smirked, "Well, if it isn't Naruto, Sakura, and Yuki. You already finished your miss-" He stopped seeing Sai. "You're that guy." He clenched his teeth.

"W-Who?" Ino asked looking confused.

"Hi there." Sai smiled.

"Oh, so that's what you were doing." Choji said with his mouth full.

"You can call me Sai." He gave another smile.

Ino whispered something in Sakura's ear. My eyes wondered over to the clock, then widened. My hands felt my pockets, nothing.

I sighed. "Well, I have to go."

Naruto looked at me, as did everyone else. "Huh? Why Yuki-chan?"

I rubbed my head sheepishly, "Well, since the little, um,  episode on our last mission, Granny has me on some medication for a month.  And I forgot it this morning."

Naruto's eyes hardened at the mention of my illness. Walking to the door I heard Asuma say, "You guys go ahead to the barbecue place. Team Kakashi's invited to join you to, even you Yuki." I turned.

"Yeah! Barbecue!" Choji cheered.

"Kakashi and I have a few things to discuss. It's my treat, so no objections, right?" Asuma smiled.

"Hey! Wait, hold up! What were you going to say? About the training? What's the training?" Naruto asked, I looked at Kakashi.

"Oh yeah, we'll have to save it for later." He smiled.

"Later?! But I wanna know now!" Naruto whined.

"Naruto-kun, calm down. Besides, we can't start with him in the hospital anyway." I gave a soft smile before turning. "We'', see ya!"

"Y-Yuki-chan, you're going to meet us at the barbecue place, right?" Naruto asked hopeful.

I paused at the doorway. "Um, I-I'll see. I do need to stop by a stone after taking my medication. I didn't get a chance last time, and today I have to." I gave a wave as I walked off.

With a sigh I popped the pill quickly. "I hope this works." I mumbled. "Now, I'm going to get some flowers real quick, then I'm on my way."

I held a bundle of random flowers. I chuckled to myself, some of everyone's favorite favorite was in this bundle. Looking up to the sky I sighed. 'It's been nine years, since that day.'

Looking down again I found myself standing at the K.I.A stone. I folded my legs under me as I placed the flowers on the stone.

I let out a slow breath before a small smile formed. "Hey guys, it's been nine years already, huh? Time sure does pass fast, dosen't it? I made sure to get all you're favorite flowers, that lady sure looked at me weird!" I chuckled. "She had asked why I had such a large amount of unmatched flowers, I, of course, just ignored her. I can't just get one type of flower, each of you liked something different."

My eyes landed on the name of my clan. "Don't worry guys, I won't let the clan's fame die out either! Not that I'm getting a swollen head, but my reputation is building up, as it our clan's! Along with that, I'll continue to protect this village just as you guys did!"

I rose to my feet, brushing off the grass that stuck to me. "Well, I have some friends to meet up with! Love you Granma, Gramps, Auntie's, Unchel's, Cousins! And of course you too, Mom, Dad. I have a Uzumaki to meet up with!' I laughed as I ran for the restaurant.

I waved as I walked over to Naruto. "Hey Yuki-chan! I saved you a seat!" He waved to the seat next to him.

I smiled, "Thank's Narutoi-kun, Hey where's Shikamaru?"

Choji wiped some droll. "He said he had to go home and help his dad collect antlers for making medicine."

I nodded as I grabbed some cooked meat. "He's always right on time for meetings about missions and stuff, weird!" Ino gave Sai some meat as she smiled.

Sakura looked at the blonde doutful. 'I guess Sakura tried to warn Ino, but she didn't listen.'

"Sweet! I call his share!" Choji proclaimed.

"Choji!" Ino shouted, "At least introduce yourself to Sai-kun first!"

I nudged Naruto, he caught my look then snickered as the same thought seemed to cross his mind. 'Ino's still a fangirl, if not Sasuke then Sai.'

"O-Oh right." CHoji murmered as more droll dripped down his chin.

Sai gave a closed eye smile. Naruto and I shared another look then gulped, Sakura looked as doubtful as us.

"Hello." Sai greeted.

"Um, I'm Choji Akimichi. Nice to meet you, Sai right?" Choji asked.

"Cine to meet you, um..." Sai trailed off thinking.

My eyes widened, 'No, don't tell me he's going to...'

"Fa-" Naruto quickly threw himself across the table and put a hand to Sai's mouth. Leaning over the table he looked at Sai with wide eyes.

"Sai, never ever ever say the word 'fatty' in front of Choji, got it?!" Naruto whispered and demanded to Sai.

Choji looked at Sai with narrowed eyes, "Were you gonna say something?"

Sakura waved a nervous hand, "No, nothing at all!"

Choji nodded and went back to eating. Naruto slumped down relieved, I sighed. Ino smiled, "I'm Ino Yamanaka, it's such a pleasure to meet you!"

I held my breath as Sai looked at Ino. 'Don't repeat what you did with Sakura! Ino could destroy your mind!'

Looking over at Sakura, she held a smirk. I snickered, 'She wan't Sai to insult Ino-'

"Nice to meet you, gorgeous." Ino's eyes widened.

Naruto and I sighed, but quickly looked over to Sakura. Her eyes wide as she clenched her teeth. She hit Sai's head, "Why does she get to be gorgeous?!"

She proceeded to then throw dishes and silver wear around the restaurant at Sai. "S-Stop Sakura!" Naruto pleaded as we held onto each other terrified of Sakura.

 End of chapter 14! Sorry I didn't get to upload as soon as I thought I would, but I was kinda busy this weekend... So what do you guys think of it? I didn't quite give Yuki her illness, so yay! Also what do you think of Akami? Or Yuki being so clueless? Comment and tell me, voting is nice too.

I have not yet edited this chapter...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 65.7K 72
Now we move on with the life of Rin Uchiha. Her return to the village, her assignment to a team and the secret she must hide from everyone including...
2.5K 92 14
Once captive to the snake, then becoming allied with the Akatsuki. Kurami finds herself in more and more complications. Her romance with Itachi won't...
8.7K 456 24
Hoshiko Akiyama loved Naruto, but he left for three years. When Hoshiko found out she talked to her friend and the saiyan who fixed her to finally jo...
12.6K 136 133
Two and a half years have passed since Naruto Uzumaki left to train with Master Jiraiya. Kimiko Sumire and her friends have been training hard themse...