Moana

By BFerg122

Many years ago, the greatest sailors in the world voyaged across the vast Pacific, discovering the many islan... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Epilogue

Chapter Nineteen

272 15 2
By BFerg122

After sailing all night, Moana began taking the direction of the rising sun.

Her determination grew as she saw specks of ash floating through the air. Te Kā was near.

As Moana neared the island, she tied her hair in a bun as she ran Hei-Hei through her plan.

"Te Kā can't follow us into the water," she said as she continued to get ready. "We make it past the barrier islands... we make it to Te Fiti.

"None of which you understand... because you are a chicken."

Hei-Hei clucked as Moana locked him in the storage compartment.

Moana held onto her oar and the rope of her sail as smoke rose out of the barrier islands. Te Kā roared as she woke up. Moana braced herself.

As soon as Te Kā reached up to smash her, Moana ran to the front of the boat and jumped. Her weight caused the boat to make an impossible turn. Running to the other side with a rope in her hand, Moana pulled, balancing the canoe as Te Kā's hand fell into the water.

Moana smiled as she made her way for an opening. However, Te Kā was able to burst her hand out of the rock it became and she crawled towards the keeper of the heart. Throwing a fireball, Te Kā created a giant splash, almost knocking Moana's canoe off balance.

The water around Moana turned to steam as Te Kā ran to the opening, blocking it off. But the demon grew shocked when she saw Moana sailing towards the other entrance. Opening her sail, Moana gained enough speed to fly through.

Roaring, Te Kā blasted the top of a mountain with fire, causing rocks to fall over Moana and in her path. The heart flew out of her necklace as Moana lost her balance.

"No!" she shouted as the heart almost fell into the sea. But Hei-Hei found a way out and picked up the glowing stone.

"Hei-Hei!" Moana said in joy as her animal sidekick carried the heart to her. "Nice work!" After placing the heart back in the necklace, Moana sailed towards Te Fiti's island.

"Te Fiti," she said as she saw the shape ahead of her. However, Te Kā roared as she knocked the canoe over, sending Moana, Hei-Hei, and all their provisions into the water.

Panicking, Moana swam to the surface and struggled to fix her boat. Looking up, she saw Te Kā roaring as she reached towards her. Moana screamed and braced herself, only to look up when she heard a hawk's cry.

Grunting, Maui changed into his regular form and sliced Te Kā's hand at the wrist with his hook before turning back into a bird.

"Maui!" Moana said with a smile.

Changing back, Maui landed on the boat with a smile.

"You came back," Moana said.

Maui chuckled as he looked down at Mini-Maui. It was his idea.

Moana's smile fell as she realized something. "But your hook. One more hit and..."

"Te Kā's gotta catch me first," Maui said with a confident smile. But it soon fell. "I'm sorry about Aukai. My hook rebounded after the hit, and... I didn't mean..."

"It's okay," Moana said with a smile. "It was an accident. I don't hate you."

Maui gave her an appreciative smile as he pulled the boat upright with his hook.

"I got your back, Chosen One," he said as he got ready to do battle with his mortal enemy one last time. "Go save the world."

"Maui," Moana said as her friend turned toward her. "Thank you." Maui smiled as he said two words he knew too well.

"You're welcome."

"Cheeeehoooo!" Maui whooped as he transformed into a bug. After flying up to Te Kā's face, he turned into a whale and dropped into the sea.

Gripping her oar and rope, Moana rode the wave Maui had created towards Te Fiti's island.

Te Kā burst from the rock that formed over her skin from the water and felt something latch onto her finger. Pulling it up, she saw Maui had transformed into a shark and was nibbling it.

After getting thrown off the finger, Maui shapeshifted into a lizard and ran across Te Kā's boiling skin as she tried to smash him.

"Hot-hot-hot, hot-hot-hot!" Maui cried as he ran towards Te Kā's hand. He slipped through her fingers as she formed a fist. Transforming into a hawk, he flew away before slicing her hand off again.

Te Kā roared in pain as she looked for Maui.

"Hey, Te Kā!" Maui shouted. The demon looked at the demigod on her arm and saw he had the torso, head, and fins of a shark, but the legs of a man.

"Shark head!" Maui said with a smirk.

Te Kā raised an eyebrow.

"Cheeeehoooo!" Maui whooped as he sliced that hand off with his hook. He then transformed into a hawk, only to get slapped by Te Kā onto a barrier island.

Looking ahead, Te Kā saw Moana nearing Te Fiti. Gathering fire into her palm, she roared as she threw it towards the small boat.

"Moana!" Maui shouted in warning.

The ocean raised itself to block most of the blast, but the rock that was used flew through and right behind Moana's boat. This time, the boat was wrecked for good as Moana was flipped off.

Looking down, Moana saw the ocean had grabbed her by the waist and was carrying her to the island. She noticed Aukai's sword was missing, probably lost after she was flipped, but she didn't have time to worry about that now. Upon landing on the beach, she began the climb.

"Get the heart to the spiral!" Maui shouted at Moana before turning back to Te Kā. The demon was creating her biggest fireball yet, ready to scorch Moana onto the mountain.

Reaching down, Maui picked up his damaged fish hook. It sparked and crackled with purple electricity.

He looked up at Te Kā before holding up his hook. The carvings gave off a purple light as Maui looked down at Mini-Maui, who held up his hook in agreement.

Roaring, Maui took two bounds and leaped right towards Te Kā's chest, swinging his hook into it right as she got ready to throw her fireball. A giant purple explosion emerged, knocking Moana off her feet.

After landing on another rock near the barrier islands, Maui looked down at the damaged stump that remained of his magical fish hook.

Breathing heavily, Moana reached the top. She pulled out the heart, but what she saw broke her heart.

Instead of an island, Moana saw a large body of water with a hole deep in the sea shaped like a woman lying on her side.

"Te Fiti..." Moana said, "it's gone."

Hearing a roar behind her, Moana turned to face Te Kā, who let go of her chest and showed something Maui's final blast revealed.

A spiral.

Moana looked down at the heart, which was also marked with a spiral. Her eyes went wide. Could it be?

"Te Kā!" Maui shouted, gaining the demon's attention. Throwing his hook aside, he began to chant. He was ready for death as long as he got to annoy Te Kā one last time.

As Te Kā got ready to throw the fireball in her hand at Maui, she stopped. Turning towards the island, both Te Kā and Maui saw a green star on the tip.

Moana held the glowing heart over her head as she kept her eyes on Te Kā. Lowering her hand, Moana walked down to the ocean's edge.

Maui's eyes went wide. He had the same thought Moana did.

"Let her come to me," Moana told the ocean. It pulled apart, creating a path dry enough for Te Kā to crawl across.

Bravely, Moana began to walk towards the demon, who screamed as she charged.

Time seemed to slow as Moana began to sing.

"I have crossed the horizon to find you."

Moana felt the sand under her bare feet as she continued towards Te Kā, who continued her rampage towards her. But Moana didn't back down.

"I know your name."

The hot air blew Moana's hair back. She continued her path up to a rock to better face the demon.

"They have stolen the heart from inside you."

Te Kā's eyes went wide as she neared Moana, who still refused to back down.

"But this does not define you."

The girl and demon faced each other as a cloud of smoke died from around them.

"This is not who you are."

Te Kā's fire and anger began to die as she lowered herself to the compassionate Moana.

"You know who you are."

Closing her eyes, Moana pressed her forehead up against Te Kā as she said, "Who you truly are."

Te Kā closed her eyes.

After Moana placed the heart into the spiral's center, it began to glow green and the molten rock died away, revealing a beautiful, smiling woman made entirely of grass and flowers.

Moana felt herself smile as she spoke the being's true name.

"Te Fiti."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 360 17
Second story of my Disney / Monsterverse crossover saga. Two years have passed since Moana restored the heart of Te Fiti, and has now become chief of...
14.9K 2.1K 54
In the tranquil waters of Hawai'i, Hokulani and Nikau wonder if it's possible for a song to go on forever. ...
43.2K 1.1K 52
Sirena may look like a normal girl, but she is far from it. Not only is she a mermaid, but she is also a lot older than she looks. She has lived on N...
39.3K 1.4K 18
Two years after Moana returns to Motunui, her life seems to have gone back to what it was before Te Fiti. Chiefly duties outweigh the calling of the...