Differences

By NooFakeIshh

Two people, on two different waves in life. An icon who is desperately trying to reinvent himself. While this... More

o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n

n i n e

365 30 8
By NooFakeIshh

Savon

People always say when it rains it pours, but the sun will shine. We relate that to when times are tough, it hits hard, but that moment will pass. Through my own personal episodes, I seen different sides of that meaning. Shit takes on a different form when you watch someone else go through their own tough time.

When I asked Chris those questions last night, it was to know the person beyond the name, the fame, and the stories whether they were true or not. Being a product of the industry is not for the weak, the world has watched him shatter time and time again. Each time those pieces are put back together, it's not the same person no matter how he tries to make it look good.

This morning, I was already dressed and ready to go before Chris had woke up. When he did get his start, he had went into the bathroom but didn't close the door all the way. Any other time we been around each other, I have seen him calm. But when he entered that bathroom, he was acting different.

As much as I tried to be into my phone, I couldn't help but look up from my vantage point to see him take something as he stood in front of the mirror. He tilted his head from side to side, and rolled his shoulders forward one time as if to shake off a feeling. Chris remained in the bathroom for at least close to thirty minutes. Doing whatever he required to last through the day.

I wanted to speak up, ask if he was okay. But I didn't want him to know that I was watching. When he finally came out, he hadn't said a word. His movements were of high energy, he shuffled around his belongings. Figuring out where he last put down his items and what outfit he wanted to wear.

"Do you need help finding something?" I asked.

"Huh?" he questions? His body still flowing with small movements although he stopped in his tracks.

"You been moving around the room like you lost something, you don't need to rush you aren't due to appear for an interview until noon." I asked as I had his iPad in my lap with his schedule mapped out.

"I'm trying to find my bag, it's black, about the size of a small carryon." He scratched his head as he continued to move about the room.

"Here," I got up from the hotel chair. "It had fell yesterday on the side of the dresser. This one right?" I held the bag up, the zipper was halfway open so I went to close it.

Chris must have thought I was trying to open it, he snatched it from my hand. "Chill, I got it." he went into the bathroom and shut the door this time.

"My bad, I was trying to close it."

In seconds I heard the faucet running. I didn't question it further, clearly he wanted his privacy, and I didn't want the answer to something I either wouldn't understand or didn't want to know. His behavior in short was erratic, but I'm not here to judge. The clock had already started, I'm only trying to stand on business. I'll sweat the personal stuff later.

While Chris was in the bathroom, his phone had ranged. He almost shot out that damn bathroom to get that phone. I didn't even get a chance to see if he had anything on the sink counter I was so caught up with his movements.

"Hey baby!" he smiled as he answered.

He didn't go back into the bathroom, he closed the door. Within that quick moment, I was only able to see the bag wide open on the counter. He moved around the room while he talked to his daughter. Yet, when he took a seat on the bed he finally leveled as he continued his conversation.

"Daddy love you, call me later alright? Bye-bye!"

Chris laid back on the bed, letting out a sigh as he looked up at the ceiling. Once again, I checked on him. "Everything okay?"

"I'm sorry, sometimes it takes me a while to pull my shit together in the morning."

"You good, I'm here for you, remember!"

Minutes passed and Chris still remained in that same position, I peeped how his movements had started again with his lightly bouncing off the floor. My actions kicked of seeing enough, I took up the spot next to him. I placed my hand on his knee where his shorts had cut off at.

"You sure you okay?" I asked.

Chris looked over at me like I was tripping, "yeah. Why you ask?" he questioned nonchalantly.

I let out a laugh, "no reason. You know you can take all the time you need right? Fuck the schedule, you move on your own time."

"I'll be alright, I just need to burn off some of this anxious energy. Got any ideas in mind how I can resolve that?"

"Yeah," I leaned low to him as if I was going to kiss him but only to mess with him. "Get your ass up and dance."

His smirk he had quickly faded away, "you think you funny."

I laughed, "I'm serious. We can jog or something, take your pick."

Chris lunged up to sit upright, "if I step outside I'm going to be running for real. A nigga will get mobbed on as soon I get noticed. But that won't stop me from going shopping, let's go."

"Damn, you don't think you have enough shit. What are you even eyeing that you need that bad?"

"How else am I going waste time till I start what I need?"

"Nah, we not doing that today. You want to throw around money, then I have an idea of what you can do. But to put it on some shit you only going to where once or twice, you trippin'."

Once we were on the move, I didn't see Chris move the he was when we were in the room. When we made it down to the lobby with the rest of the crew, I had took the keys from the security. They all looked at me sideways when I got into the driver seat, it was as if I had broken a rule or something. I made sure that we all got something to eat before we headed to the destination.

"Art, you want me to buy art?"

"Don't question me like that, yes! For somebody who the creates his own pieces, I figured this is a no brainer. Even if you don't buy anything, at least you ain't even no European store throwing gross amount of money on a damn t-shirt."

Chris cracked a smile, "alright I'm not mad at this."

We all walked around and gawked at the pieces made by various people, when word got around that Chris was in the area. The crowds began to form. While it was small at first, Chris served the people with pictures and quick hellos.

"Is somebody missing?" Blick commented.

"Damn, shorty wasn't even that impressionable with y'all to realize she not around?" I smirked.

"This was all your doing?" Red questioned shock.

"Bitch should have never been speaking on my aunt like that! I didn't make any decisions or push for anything concerning her. But I did get my lick in, she should have played her cards right. That shit not on me."

Blick smiled as he took a step back, "duly noted not to fuck with you!"

I laughed, "don't treat me like that! I had to hold my own, y'all saw me yesterday. Not once did I step out of line."

"Don't know how you held back, because I would have clocked her. Like bitch what!" Red swung his fist into his palm.

We all laughed about the situation while Chris continued to take a final look around before the crowd continued to increase. Luckily, he found something he liked before it was too crazy. He loaded his piece into the car and we were out. Chris was set for rehearsals, he didn't mention who the video was for, and on the schedule planner it only said 'How We Roll'

Little did I know, he was bringing me to view the making of his song with Ciara. I almost fanned out, I'm not going to lie. I admire her artistry, these two are the last of a generation. Who the hell matching them on the floor with the level of high energy? Besides the queen herself, I'll wait.

We sat on the sideline as he went to work, I lit up seeing the magic before my eyes. Hitting his mark, moving in unison with each other. In between breaks I stayed to myself, I didn't want to be in the way. Even when he pushed me into speaking, I said my little one two and continued to play the background.

"Who is miss church mouse? You're so quiet, I don't believe we had the pleasure of knowing each other."

"You remember Felish, this is her niece. Music royalty right here." Chris introduce me, "sis this is Savon, Savon --."

"I know exactly who this is, no introduction needed. It is nice to meet you," I smiled.

"Your aunt, helped me on one of my albums. She is truly goated In this industry, there is not a single person that you're going to run into who won't know who she is. I'm sorry on her passing, but in much lighter news she is always around. So, tell me, is this one acting up or do we have something to talk about." Ciara moved in closer to cut Chris out the conversation.

"I'm balancing him out, trying to keep him levelheaded as much as possible." I smiled.

"You two look cute together, you better keep her around Chris. You know I don't give that many passes."

Chris linked his arm around her, "you need to tell her that. Not me, I pretty much know what I want."

Chris shot his head over to me with a snarky grin, "I'm going to let y'all get back to doing your job and make up for time. It was nice meeting you."

As I walked off, I heard him say. "See, there she go running."

The comment went behind me as I made it out to be nothing. They carried with rehearsals, Chris' parts were up first. She wanted to get him out of the way so he could move on with his day. The music video went on longer than expected, even though I wanted to change directions. I continued to patiently wait as I soaked up the magic from the both of them.

Chris

People when wanting this moment between Ci and I, when I heard the song it was a done deal. This one definitely deserved a video. Glad we delivered that shit finally. When it was all said and done it was time to move on to the next.

Although Savon didn't think it was a good idea to blow money, I had to spend a little something. Only because I wanted to go with something different for the party tonight. Even though he swore up and down she had an outfit already, I wanted to get her something. I appreciated her knowing me well enough to know I would pour into someone else and purchase their own creation. It was a very nice sentiment. She came out her comfort, nobody in my entourage even volunteered to drive. My comfort level wasn't setup for that anyway, I didn't want to be held responsible if some shit was to happen.

"Who party is this if you don't mind me asking?" Savon questioned as she stood in a towel.

"My little brother, Jacquees."

Savon turned slow as she headed to her clothes, "alright."

"We don't have to go if you don't want to."

"No, don't change your plans because of me."

"I do if it's going to make you uncomfortable, you ain't running away from me this time if you see somebody else you don't like."

With concern, but in a controlled tone she said. "Vinyl is the only nigga I don't like. I'm not changing my plan running from him. He got me twice, what's a third time right."

That sarcasm threw me off guard, she was on the bed sorting through what she wanted to wear. I took up the seat next to her as she held onto her towel. "Ain't going to be no third time, why would you say?"

"He got me once alone in a studio, and again outside at a whole damn party. If I'm trying to have some foot in this industry, whether you are there or not at some point I'm going to be caught lackin'. I don't know how else to accept it."

"That nigga will regret taking a look at you, I told you that I got you, and I mean that shit. Ain't nothing to accept, you can't let him get off like that."

"I'm not trying to let him get off. But this is the reality I have to face. I don't even want to talk about him, I only asked to figure out the possibility of running into him. Tonight isn't about me, I'm here for you."

"Fuck it then we not going, it not of importance anyway."

"Chris, no! I wouldn't have said anything if I knew you were going to cancel."

"If you here for me, then it means you to be happy with me I don't want you feeling a type of way because I dragged you some where you didn't want to go. We can go somewhere else, I don't give a fuck where, personally."

"Please, I rather go. I'll feel bad that I made you change your plans. You made it clear when you said that I have to get in where I fit in, I came into your life remember?"

"That was on business, besides all that was before."

"Before what?"

I bit my lip with a huge grin, "before I made you fall in love with a nigga."

Savon blushed, "fall in love is hella' crazy! When did that happen?"

"It's happening right now, you don't see it?" I leaned in slow and close.

"I think I see it a little bit," she smiled.

Savon leaned in herself, when she did I pulled back, leaving her extended trying to find my lips. "See look at you, feening for it!"

"Asshole, you play too much." She swatted my shoulder.

"You know damn well with you sitting in this towel, once I press on you I'm not going to be able to hold back. I'll save it for when you have clothes on, I'll have some resistance then."

I'm trying to be a gentlemen, but it's only about so much pussy I can eat till I'm going to want to take on what I'm sampling. I'm not pushing her to give back but holding out is being difficult every moment. Savon comfortable walking around in this towel, I seen it all before nothing on, but I really want to feel it.

"It will happen naturally, the next time, I promise I won't stop it."

I respect the fact that any other woman would have been threw themselves at me. Savon I'm sure still in her grief mode, and this whole Vinyl thing fucked up the whole vibe between us getting intimate. Her mental toll got to be fragile. On top of her not having confidence in herself. No matter how highly she tries talk about her skills. She's broken inside, that nigga Vinyl made it worse and probably triggered some shit all over again. He will see me and make up for that shit, I swear on that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

713K 14.1K 43
Brielle and Chris are trying to figure this out. Between parenting their first child together and this new found relationship, life is not done throw...
174K 13.7K 45
Is it possible to love when you've never been loved? How do you know the feeling? How can you differentiate between love and hate when the person tha...
282 60 29
Peyton is the new girl at school for what seems like the millionth time. While normally she fights to blend in, this time she befriends someone desti...