Book I: Near Death Experience...

By Winterlanessss

"๐’๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฎ๐ฌ, ๐๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ . ๐‹๐ž๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐›๐ž๐ฅ๏ฟฝ... More

Author Note & Depictions
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
Epilogue
UPDATE ON SEQUEL (FTA)

10.

2.2K 66 25
By Winterlanessss

Everyone had been placed on their flank as we walked within the dark forest in the night. Knox was far from me, in flank B across a kilometre away from me. Xander was in the front of the triangle, a ways from me about 2 kilometres away. I stood beside Daniel, Finn's brother Mark and three other men from the village.

Anxiety was coursing through my veins at this moment. My finger twitched on the trigger of my shotgun, eyeing every movement in the forest. This was suddenly all too very real, and being here...it felt like a mistake. But I couldn't back out now, I still had a promise to keep. I wouldn't be a coward now, that wasn't me.

"Addy?" I heard Daniel's voice coming from my right making me spin around to see him looking off into the distance. I whispered to him, eyeing the rest of the group walking further ahead of us, "Yeah?"

Daniel looked at me with a serious expression saying quietly, "Come on, I think I heard something over here." The rest of the group was slowly disappearing in my vision as the inky darkness of the forest swallowed them whole. 

"Should we get the others?" I ask him with a worried tone as it seemed better to take down this beast of a creature with more firepower. Did he see something or were his nerves also messing with his head?

"No, no come on," he said quickly grabbing my arm and pulling me away from the group. I became attentive to the sounds in the forest, trying to listen to whatever Daniel had heard. Daniel began running with me, and I followed suit next to him with my arm in his hand. But something didn't feel right, something in my head told me to stop.

"Daniel? What are you doing--we have to get back to the others-," but my words were cut short very quickly as Daniel's grip on me tightened even harder. 

"No! No--we need to talk," Daniel screamed at me, his face contorted with rage. His eyes blazed with fury as he shouted at me, his veins bulging with fury. I could feel the heat radiating off of him as he screamed, and I could see his hands trembling with rage. My eyes were frantically wide for a moment before irritation began to fill my veins at his dramatics.

"Can't this fucking wait?", I ask desperately.

"What are you doing with them, huh!?", Daniel's voice was vibrating with rage as he shouted at me. His breathing was heavy, and his voice was full of bitterness making me flinch. I was infuriated and confused, and asked, "What do you mean? What are you talking about?"

Daniel snarled, "You think you can just waltz in here and start hanging out with them? They don't give a shit about you, they just want something from you. You should be with me, not them. You belong to me!" His eyes were blazing with jealousy as he spoke, and his fists were clenched in rage. I could feel the tension radiating off of him as he spoke, and I could see his muscles tensing with rage.

This was not Daniel, I don't understand why he was so worked up about this. And why now? Now was not the time to bring feelings and jealousy into this hunt. I pleaded desperately, my voice trembling with fear, "They have been helping me with the hunt and have been nothing but kind to me."

"No, no they are not your friends," he screamed making me jump at his reaction. His actions and voice were making me fearful of him, antsy once again with my gun. I couldn't even hear the groups anymore, they were now too far from us. And that was as terrifying as the beast. 

"They will use you, Adelaide, they only want you for your looks and your body," he yelled with rage and jealousy making me scoff at his words. Fear can be easily overpowered by one emotion, and that is anger. He was making unproven accusations about Knox and Xander, accusations that had no proof. Yes, they were flirty and kind but we were all adults. And I belonged to no one, but myself. 

"Fuck you, you know nothing about them," I shouted back at him, my voice full of disbelief and offence.

"Oh really?" he hissed with mockery, "You think they're your friends? Do you think they care about you? You're so naive, Adelaide. They don't care about you, they just want to use you." His words were filled with disdain and mockery, making me feel little. 

"I doubt that," I mutter with anger filling my veins as I listen to him. I started to walk away, but before I could take a step, Daniel's hand was suddenly on my arm, gripping me tightly. He yanked me harshly towards him, and I stumbled, barely managing to keep my balance. He then threw me violently against a nearby tree, and I let out a grunt of pain as my back connected with the rough bark. He stepped closer to me, grabbing my waist with one hand and the other around my neck. I hiss out lowly, "Let me go, Daniel."

His eyes were wild with madness, and an insane glare was in his eye as he screamed, "You belong to me! Why don't you get that?! You were always mine."

I felt disgusted at the thought of his hands on me. His grip was tight and uncomfortable, and I could feel his hot breath on my face. His wild delirium and insane glare made me feel very uneasy, and I felt powerless against his strength. I could feel my heart racing and my stomach churning with fear and revulsion.

I seethe out while struggling to get his hands off me, trying to push him away from me. "I am not yours, I am my own person," I insist firmly, gritting my teeth as I try to break free from his grip.

"No, I'll make you mine."

Daniel pulled me closer to him, and before I could react, he pressed his lips against mine. His kiss was forceful and unpleasant, and I felt disgusted and violated. His lips were rough and tasted of bitter rage, and I felt dirty and violated. I wanted to scream and push him away, but his grip was too strong. I felt trapped and powerless, and I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. I struggled against him, trying to push him away, but he held me more tightly. I wanted to cry out in revulsion and anger, but all I could do was silently suffer and wish for it to end.

Daniel pulls away, his hand wrapped around my neck as he mutters quietly, "You don't see it now, but I'll help you...I'll help you finally see."

I scream out, "Let go of me!" Daniel begins to forcefully kiss my neck, his lips pressing hard against my skin. His breath is hot and heavy, and I can feel his saliva dripping onto my neck. His grip is tight and I can feel his fingers digging into my skin as he presses me against him. His lips are rough and chapped, and they leave an unpleasant, dry feeling on my skin. I can feel his teeth grazing my skin and I want to scream out in pain and revulsion. I can feel my heart racing and my stomach churning with fear and anger. I want to push him away, but I am helpless against his strength.

"Stop! Please stop Daniel!", I scream out through my tears at the repulsive feeling in my veins from his touch. This wasn't happening, he was doing this to me? Why? I thought we were friends...he was my best friend.

"You'll be mine, Addy, one way or another," he mutters into my neck as if he is talking to himself as I cry softly to him, "This isn't you. Please...please stop this."

His head rises out of my neck as he stares at me with dark eyes as he whispers, "This was always me..."

Daniel's mouth clamped down hard, his teeth sinking into my neck and sending shockwaves of pain through my body. I scream out in agony, my voice reverberating in the air. The pain is unbearable and tears begin streaming down my face as I struggle to break free from his grip. I can feel the salty taste of my tears mixing with the iron taste of my blood. I screamed out, "Please! Please stop!", my mind was swirling and faltering as if my thoughts were melting away as pain took its place.

It felt like I was being stabbed multiple times, over and over and slowly that feeling began to travel inside my body. I can feel something travelling in my veins, the agony so intense that I can barely breathe. It's like a fire raging inside me, burning through my veins and coursing through my body. 

My heart is pounding, my breath is shallow, and my muscles are tense with fear and rage. Tears are streaming down my face, and I can feel my body shaking uncontrollably. I can feel the anger and hatred radiating from Daniel, and I'm overwhelmed by the sense of powerlessness that I feel. I want to scream and fight back, but I'm so paralyzed by fear and pain that I can only stand there and cry. With a final cry, I scream out, "Stop!! Knox! Xander! Someone!"

Daniel's teeth sink deeper as he clamps down even harder, and I let out an ear-piercing scream. His grip is so tight that I can barely move. With one swift motion, he slaps me with enough force to send me tumbling to the ground. I land with a thud and I can feel my throat throbbing from the rip of his teeth. I can taste the metallic tang of my blood. I lay there, paralyzed with fear, as I was gasping and screaming in agony. 

Daniel's voice was filled with fury as he shouted, "Don't you ever say their names to me again! Do you understand me?!"

My agony and fear were so intense that I felt a coldness fill my bones and I felt completely disoriented to the forest around me. I felt like I was in a dream-like state, unable to move or do anything but feel the pain and terror coursing through my veins. The chill of the night air seemed to be intensifying the fear and anguish I felt, and I felt like I was suspended in time, unable to move or break free from the darkness that had taken over my mind and body.

I could hear the screams of men in the forest, making Daniel look off into the distance, distracted for a brief moment. Do it. Do it. Get up. I used this opportunity to try to break free from my body, my eyes falling on the shotgun next to me on the ground.

I lunged for the shotgun, my hands trembling as I felt the cold steel in my grip. I quickly spun around and swung the butt of the gun at Daniel's head with all my might. I knew I heard a crack of his skull, the impact sent him staggering backwards and he stumbled to the ground with a thud. I could feel the heat of rage radiating from my body and I knew that I had to get out of there. I quickly grabbed the shotgun and ran, my heart pounding and my mind racing as I disappeared into the night.

I can feel the cold night air rushing against my skin as I run, my feet pounding against the soft grass. I can still feel the pain in my neck from Daniel's grip, and I can taste the metallic tang of my blood in my mouth. My mind is racing as I try to make sense of what just happened, the fear and adrenaline coursing through my veins. I keep running, desperate to get away from the darkness of the forest and the terror of the night. The wound that Daniel created on my neck seemed to have a profound effect on me. I felt my mind and body becoming numb and heavy. I could no longer think clearly and my movements felt sluggish and labored. Was this just adrenaline? I felt as if I was in a dream-like state, unable to move or do anything but feel the fear and pain coursing through my veins. I had no control over my body as if I was a puppet to Daniel's will. What the fuck did he do to me? Why did he do this?

I fell into the earth harshly, the coldness in my veins growing with each second as I screamed in agony to the sky. My body was contorting and writhing on the ground as my muscles began to all feel as if they were cramping together. 

My screams filled the night sky, along with the cries from men in the distance but I couldn't even focus on anything around me. It felt as if I was being stabbed constantly in the neck, the pain radiating throughout my body like venom. What did he do to me?!

Would blood loss be my death? Would I become another victim of this forest here tonight? Would I finally see my mother?

As if the gods had sent a miracle to my dying body, I could see a figure frantically calling to and grabbing me gently. I could see the outline of a man, his figure blurry in my vision but the feeling of his hands pressing against my face made the pain falter giving me some relief. As if I was a million miles away from him, his words came forth as I heard him call out and become clearer.

Xander.

"Take away this pain, please kill me", I beg loudly as my hot tears pour down my face. It was past agony, this is what hell feels like. I just wanted it to be over, I didn't care how it ended now. Just please, stop this...

"Adelaide...", he began lowly looking at my bloody wound with conflicted eyes.

"It was Daniel, he--he did something to my neck," I cry out my words to Xander, his face contorted into anger, his eyes narrowing and his mouth set in a tight line. He reaches out and gently takes my face in his hands, his gaze intense and his voice low as he whispers, "Shush darling, it'll be alright I promise." His arms pulled me onto his lap and into a tight embrace, protecting me from the terror of the night. My body wouldn't stop seizing, my body shaking with sobs as I cried out in pain.

Against his chest, I push my hands between us as I plead to him, "Xander please--it hurts so much." It was never-ending, suffering wouldn't cease its assault on my body. "Fuck!", he screams out angrily as he thrusts his hands into his hair as he kneels visibly quavering in rage.

"...What--what did he do to me?", I ask quietly as I hold my bloody neck that seemed to burn at the touch. Xander starts looking at me with such sadness and fear in his eyes, "Addy I know this is confusing for you-"

"Just take away the pain!", I scream at him with sobs wracking my chest. It was unbearable, the agony was tearing apart my body. Xander comes closer cupping my cheeks between his hands as he whispers searching my eyes, "Okay, okay my love. But you have to trust me okay? Can you do that for me little one?"

"Yes...just please...make it stop", I beg quietly as I watch him stand back from me leaving me on the ground once again.

___________________________________

Poor Adelaide :(

Thoughts on the chapter?

Thoughts on Daniel? 

Do you think they can reverse the mark?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

602K 20.6K 110
[18+] A Lycan's favourite meal is a fresh virgin mortal. If you dare visit the Onyx Lycan Nightclub in Dire Wolf City, it's just a matter of time bef...
460K 15.1K 61
In the wake of her parents' passing, Avalyn Adair returns to her childhood abode, seeking closure and a better understanding of the events that shape...
11.9K 1K 48
Evie is haunted by her past, and so tangled up with her best friend and room mate she isn't even sure she remembers how to be an independent person a...
561 29 23
[completed] โœ“ 18+ โ˜… Bound by Blood โ˜… ๐Ÿงธ๐Ÿฉธ.*ยฐโœฐ A young werewolf felt the sacred mate bond with an alluring vampire girl. But it seemed like there was...