σɾɳιƚԋαʂ (ρʝσ x ɱαʅҽ σƈ)

By MK11_EGY

Theo Miller was a normal kid, or so he thought... The Lightning Thief: ✅ The Sea of Monsters: ✅ The Titan's C... More

CAST I
CAST II
CAST III
THE LIGHTNING THIEF
I Take My Driver's Test 4 Years Early
I Wake Up
I Get A Tour of Camp Half-Blood
I Play Capture the Flag
I'm Accused of Helping My Friend Steal Oppenheimer's Worst Nightmare
I Destroy a Bus Keanu Reeves Style
I Almost Get Stoned
I Say Hi to a Poodle
I Blow Up the Gateway Arch
I Have Lunch with the God of War
I Hitch a Ride to Vegas
I Go Shopping for Water Beds
I'm on the Highway to Hell
I Meet the Lord of the Dead
I Go Toe-to-Toe with the God of War
I Go on a Trip to Olympus
I Learn How it Feels to be Betrayed
THE SEA OF MONSTERS
I Pick Up a Friend
I Play Some Dodgeball
I Hail a Cab
I Meet My Best Friend's Brother
I Get Attacked by Some Pigeons
I Get Some Help from Granddad
I Board the Princess Andromeda
I Meet a Certain Blonde Bastard
I Tussle for Donuts
I Survive a Ship Battle
I Get a Makeover
I Almost Hear a Siren Song
I Find a Sheep-Loving Cyclops
I Finally Get the Golden Fleece
I End Up in Miami Beach
I Go for a Race Win
I Get the Shock of My Life
THE TITAN'S CURSE
I Screw Up a Rescue Operation
I Lose Someone Else
I Get a Ride from My Uncle
I Kinda Get a Little Angry
I Play Capture the Flag Again
I Decide to Sneak Out
I Meet a Couple of Kitties
I Get an Aston Martin
I Tussle with a Giant Pig
I Dig Through the Gods' Junkyard
I am Getting Tired of These Dam Skeletons
I Meet the Sea Cow
I Meet the Parents & a Deadly Dragon
I Shoulder Press a Few Million Pounds
I Go Back to Olympus
I End Up on a 10-Year-Old's Shit List
THE BATTLE OF THE LABYRINTH
I Get Stuck in the Darkness
I Battle the Cheerleading Squad
I Meet the Swordsman
We Play Tag with Scorpions
We Go to a War Council
We Dive Back into the Darkness
We Break into Alcatraz
We Pass by a Ranch
We Jump the Three-Chested Prick
We Screw Up a Game Show
We Meet the Forge God
We Attend a Funeral
We End Up in a Gladiator Fight
We Finally Reach the Workshop
We Witness the Rise of the Mad Titan
We Finally Find the Lost God
We Fight the First Battle of a New War
We're No Good at Goodbyes
THE LAST OLYMPIAN
The Sinking of a Monster Ship
The Loss of a Dear Friend
The Less-Than-Sane Mumblings of a Mother
The Permission of a Parent
The Words of a Dead Lord
The Curse of Achilles
The Final Moment of Serenity
The First Night of the Battle of Manhattan
A Negotiation with a Titan
The Second Night of the Battle of Manhattan
The Return of a Familiar Face
The Near Loss of Hope
The Last Stand for Olympus
The Aftermath of the War
The New Oracle of Delphi
NEW BOOK

I Go Bull Fighting

666 22 0
By MK11_EGY

Theo's POV

Why is it that every time I go to Camp Half-Blood, something happens?

Last time, I had to fight an Odontotyrannos. This time, it's two bronze bulls the size of elephants. Oh, did I mention the fact that they can BREATHE FIRE?!?!

As soon as we exited the taxi, the Gray Sisters peeled out, heading back to New York, where life was safer. They didn't even wait for their extra three-drachma payment. They just left us on the side of the road, Annabeth with nothing but her backpack and knife, Tyson and Percy still in their burned-up tie-dyed gym clothes, and me with my bracers, sword, bow, quiver, and flying Adidas shoes.

We all looked at the battle raging on the hill.

Annabeth: Oh, man.

Theo: What the hell?

Percy: This is not good.

Tyson: Cows!

What worried me most wasn't the bulls themselves. Or the ten heroes in full battle armor who were getting their bronze-plated asses whooped. What worried me was that the bulls were ranging all over the hill, even around the back side of the pine tree. That shouldn't have been possible. The camp's magic boundaries didn't allow monsters to cross past Thalia's tree. But the metal bulls were doing it anyway.

???: BORDER PATROL, TO ME!

Wait, border patrol? Since when did Camp Half-Blood have border patrol?

Annabeth: It's Clarisse. Come on, we have to help her.

Normally, I wouldn't help Clarisse. She's the biggest bully in the camp, and she hates both me and Percy for beating her father Ares' ass last year. She probably hates me more because I shot him and her in the ass.

Still, she was in trouble. Her fellow warriors were scattering, running in panic as the bulls charged. The grass was burning in huge swathes around the pine tree. One hero screamed and waved his arms as he ran in circles, the horsehair plume on his helmet blazing like a fiery Mohawk. Clarisse's own armor was charred. She was fighting with a broken spear shaft, the other end embedded uselessly in the metal joint of one bull's shoulder.

I turned my flashlight into the sword and pressed the bottom button of the watch to activate the shield, while Percy uncapped his ballpoint pen to form Riptide in his hand.

Percy: (to Tyson) Tyson, stay here. I don't want you taking any more chances.

Annabeth: No. We need him.

Percy: He's mortal. He got lucky with the dodge balls, but he can't—

Annabeth: Percy, do you know what those are up there? The Colchis bulls, made by Hephaestus himself. We can't fight them without Medea's Sunscreen SPF 50,000. We'll get burned to a crisp.

Percy: Medea's what?

Annabeth rummaged through her backpack and cursed.

Annabeth: had a jar of tropical coconut scent sitting on my nightstand at home. Why didn't I bring it?

Percy: I... (turns to Theo) Theo, back me up here.

Theo: I hate to say it, but she's right.

Percy looked at me in disbelief.

Percy: Look, I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm not going to let Tyson get fried.

Annabeth: Percy—

Percy: (to Tyson) Tyson, stay back. I'm going in.

Tyson tried to protest, but Percy ran off.

Theo: (sighs) Dammit, Jackson.

I ran after him towards Clarisse, who was yelling at her patrol, trying to get them into phalanx formation. It was a good idea. The few who were listening lined up shoulder-to-shoulder, locking their shields to form an ox-hide-and-bronze wall, their spears bristling over the top like porcupine quills.

Unfortunately, Clarisse could only muster six campers. The other four were still running around with their helmets on fire. Annabeth ran toward them, trying to help. She taunted one of the bulls into chasing her, then turned invisible, completely confusing the monster. The other bull charged Clarisse's line.

I was halfway up the hill—not close enough to help. Clarisse hadn't even seen me or Percy yet.

The bull moved deadly fast for something so big. Its metal hide gleamed in the sun. It had fist-sized rubies for eyes, and horns of polished silver. When it opened its hinged mouth, a column of white-hot flame blasted out.

Clarisse: HOLD THE LINE!

Whatever else you could say about Clarisse, she was brave. She was a big girl with cruel eyes like her father's. She looked like she was born to wear Greek battle armor, but I didn't see how even she could stand against that bull's charge.

Unfortunately, at that moment, the other bull lost interest in finding Annabeth. It turned, wheeling around behind Clarisse on her unprotected side.

Percy: CLARISSE, BEHIND YOU!

Clarisse was startled when she heard Percy's voice, which did not help. Bull Number One crashed into her shield, and the phalanx broke. Clarisse went flying backward and landed in a smoldering patch of grass. The bull charged past her, but not before blasting the other heroes with its fiery breath. Their shields melted right off their arms. They dropped their weapons and ran as Bull Number Two closed in on Clarisse for the kill.

Percy lunged forward and grabbed Clarisse by the straps of her armor. He dragged her out of the way just as Bull Number Two freight-trained past. I gave it a good swipe with my sword and cut a huge gash in its flank, but the monster just creaked and groaned and kept on going.

It hadn't touched me, but I could feel the heat of its metal skin. I genuinely thought that it had the power of the sun. That's how hot it was.

Clarisse: LET ME GO! PERCY, CURSE YOU!

Percy dropped her in a heap next to the pine tree and turned to face the bulls. We were on the inside slope of the hill now, the valley of Camp Half-Blood directly below us-the cabins, the training facilities, the Big House—all of it at risk if these bulls got past us.

Annabeth shouted orders to the other heroes, telling them to spread out and keep the bulls distracted.

Bull Number One ran a wide arc, making its way back toward me. As it passed the middle of the hill, where the invisible boundary line should've kept it out, it slowed down a little, as if it were struggling against a strong wind; but then it broke through and kept coming. Bull Number Two turned to face me, fire sputtering from the gash I'd cut in its side. I couldn't tell if it felt any pain, but its ruby eyes seemed to glare at me like I'd just made things personal.

I can't fight two bulls at once. So, I had to do something stupid.

I ran towards Bull Number Two and used my flying shoes to jump onto its back. I held onto its horns and steered it towards Bull Number One, and they collided. Unfortunately, I got flung off and landed harshly on the ground.

I got up just to see Bull Number One go for Percy and Bull Number Two standing in front of me. It opened its mouth and breathed a column of fire at me.

I was too slow to avoid it, so I raised my shield to block it. Good news, it worked. Bad news, I could feel my left arm burning up.

I sidestepped out of the way and lunged at the bull. I flew up and onto its back. I almost slipped off, but I managed to sit on its bovine. I sliced one of its horns off, but again, the bull flung me off its back.

I landed feet first onto the ground just as the bull turned to face me again.

Theo: Oh, shit.

Suddenly, a short bronze blade pierced its left eye.

???: LEAVE HIM ALONE!

The bull turned around wildly to face Annabeth. It sprayed fire in her direction, but she managed to dive out of the way.

With the bull distracted, I turned my sword back into a flashlight and took out my bow. I nocked an arrow and aimed for the bull's right eye as my right forearm and arrow glowed silver.

Theo: SELAS!

I released the arrow, and it hit its mark. The bull flew into a tree and collapsed.

Theo: HA! I GOT IT!

But the bull got and turned wildly in my direction. It couldn't see me, but it could still hear me.

Theo: OH, COME ON!

Annabeth ran at the bull, but it heard her footsteps. It turned in her direction and opened its mouth.

Theo: NO!

I sprinted towards her. I stopped right in front of her and raised my shield as the bull started spraying fire. I blocked the fire, but I knew I had to act fast before the shield melted off.

Annabeth: HOLD ON! I HAVE AN IDEA!

Theo: I'M ALL EARS!

Annabeth: JUST KEEP IT BUSY!

She backed up a few steps and put her cap on, turning invisible, while I stood still, still blocking the bull's fire attack.

I don't know how long I can hold this for, but whatever Annabeth's planning, she needs to act fast.

Luckily, she did.

The fire stopped. I lowered my shield and saw that the bull had a dislocated jaw as it turned away from me, shaking its head wildly.

Annabeth: THEO, DO IT NOW!

I lunged at the bull and drove my sword into the side of its neck. The bull roared as I pulled out my sword and swung downwards, slicing a good chunk of its hide off, exposing its mechanical parts. I took out the hidden blade on my right bracer and drove it into the parts. Sparks flew as the bull sputtered before falling limp.

I panted as I took out the hidden blade and retracted it back into my bracer. I retracted my shield and reformed my sword into a flashlight as Annabeth took off her cap, shimmering into view.

Theo: Nice work.

Annabeth: Thanks.

I put my fist out. She looked at me with a raised eyebrow before bumping my fist with her own.

Theo: How did the bulls manage to get through?

Annabeth: I don't know. They shouldn't be able to.

Just then, Percy got thrown and landed next to us. He tried to stand up, but his left leg buckled.

Shit, I forgot. There's still one more bull to deal with.

Annabeth: TYSON, HELP HIM!

Somewhere near, toward the crest of the hill, Tyson wailed.

Tyson: Can't—get—through!

Annabeth: I, Annabeth Chase, give you permission to enter camp!

Thunder shook the hillside. Suddenly Tyson barreled toward Percy.

Tyson: Percy needs help!

He dove between Percy and the bull just as it unleashed a nuclear firestorm.

Percy: TYSON!

The blast swirled around him like a red tornado. I could only see the black silhouette of his body.

But when the fire died, Tyson was still standing there, completely unharmed. Not even his grungy clothes were scorched. The bull must've been surprised, because before it could unleash a second blast, Tyson balled his fists and slammed them into the bull's face.

Tyson: BAD COW!

His fists made a crater where the bronze bull's snout used to be. Two small columns of flame shot out of its ears. Tyson hit it again, and the bronze crumpled under his hands like aluminum foil. The bull's face now looked like a sock puppet pulled inside out.

Tyson: DOWN!

The bull staggered and fell on its back. Its legs moved feebly in the air, steam coming out of its ruined head in odd places.

Annabeth and I ran to check on Percy. Annabeth gave Percy a canteen full of nectar, which he drank from. Instantly, he started to look better.

Percy: The other bull?

I pointed at the one Annabeth and I destroyed earlier.

Clarisse pulled off her helmet and marched toward us. A strand of her stringy brown hair was smoldering, but she didn't seem to notice.

Clarisse: YOU RUIN EVERYTHING! I HAD IT UNDER CONTROL!

Annabeth: Good to see you too, Clarisse.

Clarisse: AARRGH! Don't ever, EVER try saving me again!

Theo: Would you rather get turned into a crisp instead?! You're fucking welcome, La Rue!

Clarisse snarled at me, but Annabeth interfered.

Annabeth: Clarisse, you've got wounded campers.

That sobered her up. Even Clarisse cared about the soldiers under her command.

Clarisse: I'll be back.

She trudged off to assess the damage.

Percy: (to Tyson) You didn't die.

Tyson looked down like he was embarrassed.

Tyson: I am sorry. Came to help. Disobeyed you.

Annabeth: My fault. had no choice. I had to let Tyson cross the boundary line to save you. Otherwise, you would've died.

Percy: Let him cross the boundary line? But—

Theo: Percy, even I saw it.

He looked at me extremely confused.

Theo: Look at the guy. And I mean really look at him. Ignore the Mist.

Percy looked at Tyson. He forced himself to focus on his big lumpy nose, then a little higher at his eyes.

No, not eyes. One eye. One large, calf-brown eye, right in the middle of his forehead, with thick lashes and big tears trickling down his cheeks on either side.

Percy: Tyson. Y-You're a—

Annabeth: Cyclops. A baby, by the looks of him. Probably why he couldn't get past the boundary line as easily as the bulls. Tyson's one of the homeless orphans.

Percy: One of the what?

Annabeth: They're in almost all the big cities. They're...mistakes, Percy. Children of nature spirits and gods...Well, one god in particular, usually...and they don't always come out right. No one wants them. They get tossed aside. They grow up wild on the streets. I don't know how this one found you, but he obviously likes you. We should take him to Chiron, let him decide what to do.

Percy: But the fire. How—

Theo: Cyclopses are immune to fire. They have to be. They work the forges of the gods. That's what Annabeth is trying to say.

Percy looked shocked. Can't really blame him.

Clarisse came back over and wiped the soot off her forehead.

Clarisse: Jackson, Miller, if either of you can stand, get up. We need to carry the wounded back to the Big House, let Tantalus know what's happened.

Percy & Theo: Tantalus?

Annabeth: The activities director.

Percy: Chiron is the activities director. And where's Argus? He's head of security. He should be here.

Clarisse: Argus got fired. You three have been gone too long. Things are changing.

Theo: That can't be right. Chiron trained kids to be heroes for 3,000 years. What the hell even happened?

Clarisse: That happened.

She pointed at Thalia's tree.

Every camper knew the story behind the tree. Six years ago, Grover, Annabeth, and two other demigods named Thalia and Luke had come to Camp Half-Blood chased by an army of monsters. When they got cornered on top of this hill, Thalia, a daughter of Zeus, had made her last stand here to give her friends time to reach safety. As she was dying, her father, Zeus, took pity on her and changed her into a pine tree. Her spirit had reinforced the magic borders of the camp, protecting it from monsters. The pine had been here ever since, strong and healthy.

But now, its needles were yellow. A huge pile of dead ones littered the base of the tree. In the center of the trunk, three feet from the ground, was a puncture mark the size of a bullet hole, oozing green sap.

Theo: Holy shit.

A sliver of ice ran through my chest. Now I understood why the camp was in danger. The magical borders were failing because Thalia's tree was dying.

Someone had poisoned it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 49 8
🌊: "𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞, 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬." ☀️: "𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝." 𝖯𝖤𝖱𝖢𝖸 𝖩𝖠𝖢𝖪�...
17.8K 915 98
As punishment for his fathers actions, (Y/N) must stand beside Chiron to assist in the training of heroes for all of time. Boring, but maybe some mis...
99K 2.7K 103
Y/N L/N, is a thirteen year old Demi-god with a destiny to defeat something a gazillion times more powerful than him. to make things worse he has eas...
147K 5.8K 105
Theo, son of.... well he hasn't got a clue. Theo may have never have know who was until one day a scrawny 12 year old by the name of Percy Jackson s...