That Time I Got Reincarnated...

By Kousei_96

"Who knew not wanting to read My Hero Academia would be a major setback?" Died because of le 'ol Truck-kun, Y... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
not a chapter
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Extra
Chapter 15

Chapter 3

1.7K 82 30
By Kousei_96

Errand gone wrong.

≠========≠========≠

Today's Sunday, where most of the population of the Earth, including Y/n himself, is seen sleeping in his small room. Right now, it was 4.59 am as seen on a Hello Kitty alarm clock, (it was given by a girl, he doesn't know why, but he'll cherish the gift).

Outside, it was dark and cold, life in nature still asleep, preserving their heat and energy for the rest of their day activity.

Back to Y/n, the h/c coloured hair teen shifted in his sleep, his clothes raised a bit above his stomach, revealing his newly developed abs, thanks much to his training he's being doing.

It has been a few months since the discovery of his Quirk, he named it Dark Whip(he came up with it when he figured that he can literally use it as a whip to attack), and as mentioned, he has been doing some training. And so far, you can tell his efforts has beared its fruits.

Before, he can barely do pushups and pullups, but now? He can proudly say he can do at least 50 of each. Yeah, you think he was going to quit halfway? Not a chance.

Not unlike a certain author *cough* *cough*.

Anyways, his Hello Kitty clock rang loudly, waking up the teen in question.

*RIIIING!*

"Aah!!!" He jolted awake, throwing the blanket in the air.

Once he managed to recollect himself, Y/n shuts the clock off and lazily laid back on his futon.

"Ugh... Today is Sunday, and I forgot to shut off the alarm last night... My precious sleep..." He whined, wriggling in the futon in dismay.

Suddenly, the sound of footsteps and the sliding door to his small and humble room opens, and reveals Kiyo outside of his room.

"Y/n, dearie, are you awake? Can I ask you to go buy some groceries? We're out of some vegetables and seasonings..." The old lady requested, and upon hearing this, Y/n immediately sprung up from his previous place.

"Sure, Granny! What do you need?"

"Here, I've listed it all off on this list. Oh, and, if there's no eggs at the usual grocery store, there no need to buy them, we'll go the the super market together in the afternoon, alright?" Kiyo said sweetly as she handed the small list.

'Most of the stuff are small or in a small quantity, so I don't think I need to bring the bicycle with me... Besides, a walk sounds nice.' The reincarnator thought, scanning the list.

"Alright, Granny. I'll get going after I take a shower and change my clothes."

"That's fine. And thanks Y/n." Kiyo thanked him, holding him by his hands. Y/n noted the old scars and wrinkles on her hands, signifying her badge of honor as an ex-Pro Hero.

"Ever since you've been loving here with us, you've been nothing but a sweet young man, helping us around and being kind." She said with fondness, then patted him on the back(he had to crouch a little bit for her to do that).

With a smile, Y/n hold the hand that pattes his back. "That's the least I can do after you guys had taken me in. Giving me a job, roof to sleep under, balanced meal everyday to fill my stomach, I couldn't be more greatful."

Kiyo returned his smile. "Your parents must be proud to have a son like you."

There it was, the same line that either Kiyo or Kazae would tell him. Not that he hate it, but he was a bit torn in the inside. In this world, there's not a single soul that know about him being reincarnated, and that includes the eldery couple as well.

When they asked about his family, he stayed silent with a sad look. They assumed that they're no longer in this world, and that was partly true, since they're in his original world.

The fact that he had to tell that lie was disservice to the couple that give him a chance at survival in this world.

Y/n shakes his head and stood up, placing the list down on the small table and grabbed his towel and headed to the bathroom. Kiyo stayed where she stood, looking at Y/n with slight concerns as she noticed the sad look on his face.

[•••]

After showering and having a change of clothes, Y/n went out to the store as he promised.

In the time that he's been reincarnated into the BNHA world(which is 7 months, by the way), Y/n had managed himself to familiarize himself to this version of Japan's state, or in Japanese terms, prefectures.

Currently, he's at the edge of the Musutafu prefecture. Obvious, since the shop he's working at is at the rural area. There wasn't much cars or any large motorized vehicle that came by, and there was also many greeneries that can be seen.

This kind of scenery is quite rare back at his old hometown, so it kind of refreshing to say the least.

He took his time walking, enjoying his surrounding. Actually, this errand is quite similar to his last moments back in his world.

He was asked to run to the store, amd then something happend, in his case, he was hit by a truck before ending up here. He wished nothing mind blowing would happend this time around.

.

.

.

.

.

To a strange stroke of unluck, as granny Kiyo predicted, the eggs had run out. Y/n stood outside of a small grocery store of the neighborhood-- he was about to enter the store when he noticed a notice plastered on the wall saying that they've run out of eggs.

Y/n sighed heavily at his misfortune. He shifted on his feet, holding the recycling cloth bag that holds the groceries and gazed at his wristwatch. Right now, it's about 8.50 am. He could just head back and go out with granny Kiyo to buy them later in the afternoon, but he didn't want to burden the sweet old woman.

'Well, it seems I'll be heading to the city, then...' Y/n thought with a slump.

Just then, he felt the slight rumbling of on the ground and looked around. In the distance, he saw a train approaching the train track near him.

"That train doesn't particularly look fast... Maybe I can hitch a ride." The h/c haired reincarnator mumbles to himself and once again look around for eye witnesses. Confirming to himself that there's none, Y/n held the the recycling bag in his non-dominant hand and let out his Quirk in the other.

Waiting for the right moment, he then used his Quirk latched onto the train, and pulling himself along. He then was raised into the air, holding himself quite well from being blown away. With a grin plastered on his face and tightening clench of his fist, he commanded his Quirk to pull him closer to the body of the train, and safely landed onto it.

With another command, Dark Whip latches onto either side of the train's body, and then to his waist, which then comnected to his dominant arm, acting as a safety cable.

The grocery bag securely hugged by him from being blown away, and now all he has to do was wait until he arrived.

Oh right, you might be wondering how he's doing this. Well, to answer, Y/n has been training, of course. He adhered to his training plan of course. One time while training, he founded out that while the amount of weight Dark Whip can carry is proportional to his own strength at first, doesn't mean that he can't train it to be stronger.

Furthermore, he found out that he can also somewhat support his own weight without much of a struggle, hence why he was able to allow himself being dragged by the train without Dark Whip snapping first.

Speaking of, his Quirk snapping like a rope was not a fun and pleasant experience, so he'd like to avoid any scenarios which would make it happend again.

A bit of waiting later, almost an hour to be exact, he finally arrived at the city of Musutafu. The train that he stowaway-ed on stopped at a station, and he quickly 'thwipped' away onto a tall building, avoiding being caught by the authorities.

Last time, he had to make a run for it since he doesn't have any kind of ID, or the fact the he's a stowaway.

Dropping down into an empty alleyway without anyone noticing, he emerges from it and find himself in the midsts of the bustling of busy people walking around.

And since it was Sunday, there's a lot more people walking around in the city. Thankfully, he left the grocery bag ontop of a building securely, if not, he'll have a handfull trying to weave around this many people.

"Alright, now where is the nearest supermarket-- oompf!" As he was about to walk ina direction, Y/n was suddenly bodied by someone of a smaller stature. And because physic's a bitch, this causes the person he bumped into to fell.

Reacting fast, Y/n was able to use his Quirk to catch them. After a bit, Y/n finally realized who he had bumped with.

"Ouch... My apologies, it seems that I didn't see you right in front of me. Are you alright...?" A feminine voice asked, revealing a girl in a casual clothing. Well, as casual as she thinks, anyways. She has this some kind of ponytail that flared up over her head, he'd think it was a blade or something.

'Oh, I think I saw her somewhere before.... Was she in the main cast's class?' Y/n thought, unintentionally staring at the girl.

"What? Is there something on my face?" She said with skeptism toward him. Realizing that he's been staring(he was trying to remember her name, because he was certain he'd heard it before), Y/n settled her back up straight using his Quirk, before letting it retreat back into him.

The ponytail girl patted herself from any dust after being released from the hold of Dark Whip. She then peeked into a paper bag in her possesion, then sighed a little when she had confirmed its condition.

"Phew, thanks for catching me there. It'll be a hassle to change into a new one if it were to get dirty." She said with a relieved expression. "Well, then, I'm afraid I need to be off. Sorry our accidental meeting was cut short, but I'll be going now." She said with a hint of... Regret? Right after, she turned to where she was heading initially and walked away in a hurried step.

"...She must've somewhere to be." Y/n concluded. Turning the other way. "Now, to the supermarket."

[•••]

"Ugh... Note to self, the ferocity of old ladies on a sale is not to be trifled with..."

A disheveled Y/n came out of the busy supermarket. With a pained groan, he adjusted his clothes and hair. He can feel the pained throbbing all over his body. He'd be lucky if he were able to scot-free with just some scratches and bruises.

With another sigh as he adjusted his hold on the newly accuired eggs, Y/n looked at his watch and it showed 10 o'clock. He was stuck in there for a whole hour.

"Why did I even got caught in their mess anyways? The sale was on the clothing area, I was on the other side of the fricking store..."

"First time?" A familiar voice chimed in. With a slight surprise, Y/n turned around to see the ponytail girl from before.

"Oh, it's you... Yeah, never thought it'll be this hectic, on Sunday, even."

"Certainly. I'd question the manager of the supermarket for their inefficient conduct of business, but who am I to judge others?" She states with closed eyes. It'd actually makes her refined, just like in some animes.

"Then, what brought you here to the city? I'd doubt you just came here for a carton or two of eggs." The girl asked. Y/n just shrugged at her inquiry.

"It's as obvious as it is. Where I live is quite remote from the city, so the supply is not quite regularly restocked." Y/n gave his reason. The girl only nodded in understanding.

"And? What about you? I can tell that a girl as esteemed as you wouldn't just be out and about for just a stroll." He asked with a slight smirk It was Y/n's time to inquire her.

"I borrowed a book from a library here when my family and I went out. So I'm here to return it."

"Huh, I didn't know libraries open on Sunday though."

.

.

.

.

.

Somehow, the two teens kept talking and walking by each other, and by the time they realized it, the time was almost 1 p.m.

Time sure flies when you're with someone interesting, huh?

While they've been interacting, each of them introduced themselves-- although belated, but better than never-- and Y/n got to know that her name was Yaoyorozu Momo. A bit unconventional since Japan is her brith nation, but he was reincarnated here, he can take a bit wierdness when it comes to naming.

Also, after a bit of light pestering and teasing from him, he also got to know that Yaoyorozu is from a quite wealthy family, and she wasn't quite secretive about it if asked.

"Oh, it's almost lunchtime. How about I treat you to some food, Yaoyorozu?"

"Oh, it's fine, I don't want to hold you for longer... Speaking of, I thought you were running an errand...?" As she mentioned this, Y/n's eyes widened as he remembers the reason he was at Musutafu in the first place.

"Oh crap...! I left the first bag on some rooftop! Oh... I hope it doesn't spoil...." Y/n sulked slightly, before turning away.

'On a rooftop?'

"Sorry about this, Yaoyorozu. I have to go now. Maybe the next time that we meet, I'll treat you to lunch, for real this time. Alright?" Y/n said with an apolegetic smile, while also activating his Quirk on his dominant hand since his other hand is holding the eggs. (And if someone's wondering, yes, he can use his Quirk on both hands. The opportunity hasn't arrived yet for him to do so.)

"It's quite alright. And I'll look forward to your offer, then." The girl said with a small wave. Y/n responded with a finger salute, and threw his hand upwards, and swinged away using his Quirk, surprising her.

Recomposing herself, Yaoyorozu chuckled to herself as she sees him swinging away, while a few police officers lagging behind while blowing their whistles in dismay.

Back to this fanfic's protagonist, he was swinging away freely as he escapes the authority, smirking a little when he heard the measle attempt to stop him. He was about to increase the speed of his escape, when he suddenly heard a sound of a loud crash. Stopping, Y/n hung himself at the side of a bulding and looked around.

In the distance, cloud of dust was risen high up in the air, clearly indicating the force behind that crash. A little after, there's even the cries of civilians that's screaming in either panic or terror. Whatever's happening can't be good.

Y/n was temtped to go see what's up, help even, but weighing the circumstances he's in, he now he has two options.

Either go and have a look, leaving the groceries on that rooftop. He could be of assistance if there were some people injured, maybe aid the soon-to-be arriving Pros.

Or just leave. He was no fighter. He barely got any training in with his Quirk. Maybe his physique improved greatly, but that's it. Most he could do was probably get in the way and get in trouble. Considering he doesn't have any IDs or something of the same nature, he'd be in a lot more trouble if he were to turn back now.

What is he going to do?

≠========≠=========≠

A little reader driven choice that might affect the book completely won't hurt.

Besides, I love writting plots on the fly.

Place your votes on what our dear Y/n will do next. The results are quite vary to the plot, so choose wisely.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 513 20
Fate decided to toy with a little boy who dreamed of becoming a hero as he lost his respect and fate for heroes. He instead became a villain and "joi...
4.3K 171 30
Despite not having the best quirk for hero work you decide to apply to U.A anyway and unknowingly become the one and only candidate to inherit One Fo...
13.8K 188 27
all right everyone so to the people wanted who wanted me to make a my hero academia story where the main character is a villain and here it is. now b...
57.3K 1.5K 115
Y/n L/n,a girl with a powerful quirk, was dreaming to go into UA, living with her mother : Sana L/n, and her older brother Siji L/n. She had a very h...