metamorphosis | various bnha

By stupidgorilla

[various!bnha x fem!moth!reader] "why do you wanna be a hero?" "i don't remember." quirkless and bullied [las... More

0 - b4 u start
1.1 - coma
1.2 - wake up, [first name]!
1.3 - pls let me take the exam!
1.5 - orientation
1.6 - pls be more selfish.
1.7 - janitor's closet
1.8 - in ur room
1.9 - hawks and miruko are bad influences
2.1 - let's go bully 1-a !
2.2 - u fuckking pest!!
2.3 - make it ur own
2.4 - those red eyes
2.5 - lamp, have you heard of them?
2.6 - it's not u (mostly)
2.7 - 2 urself!
2.8 - ยฟ1 of them?
2.9 - bite me! :3
2.10 - mutants can't sing
special - king of all losers
2.11 - nightmares
2.12 - red tie
2.13 - woogle, is it illegal to knock out a teacher?
2.14 - empty promises
2.15 - lovebug? gross!
2.16 - nezu hates [first name]
2.17 - ur the worst
2.18 - best friends?
2.19 - missed u
3.1 - dragons are real!
3.2 - fuck eraserhead!!!
3.3 - some sorta existential crisis
3.4 - headache
3.5 - the scary forest
3.6 - stupid fucking magician
3.7 - spinner?
3.8 - not enough
special - cold-blooded
3.9 - a friendly reunion :D
3.10 - i'm gonna fucking haunt you
3.11 - not yet
3.12 - u were right
3.13 - just letting yk
extra - songs !

1.4 - the whole family can hit

2.4K 111 172
By stupidgorilla

summary - [first name] finally meets the secret todoroki sibling. alternatively, in which [first name] is a pro gamer.

...

"Oh my God, how did we fuck it up that bad." A batch of a dozen white chocolate cookies emitted a dark cloud of smoke. You burnt the dessert.

You and Natsuo wanted to bake cookies for Fuyumi, but it was clearly not going very well. The kitchen counters were covered in flour and chocolate chips and you knew how annoying it would be to clean afterwards.

You let out a giant sigh. "Ugh, ice cream for dessert it is."

"Well, I've never met someone that doesn't like ice–"

Natsuo's sentence was cut short by the doorbell. "I'll get it," you called. You looked through the peephole and saw two heads of red and white hair. Quickly, you opened the door.

"Fuyumi-chan!" you squealed as you enveloped the woman in a hug. She hugged you back, even tighter. Fuyumi made the decision not to comment on your new appearance.

When you parted, you glanced at the other figure. His split red and white hair made you do a double take. '...Touya? ...No, his eyes are different. And Touya would be 22 by now.' You stared at the large, red scar that tainted the left side of his face. 'There's that too...' You silently wondered what could have caused it as you averted your eyes and forced a smile at the boy. "You must be the youngest. I don't believe we've met before, have we?"

Natsuo had filled you in a bit on his younger brother. He told you about how he had been forced to constantly train by their father and that he was starting UA soon. From his description, you deduced that Shouto was awkward, stoic, and very blunt.

"My name is Todoroki Shouto," he bowed 30 degrees. When he straightened himself, he held out a gift, with both hands. Oh my God he was so well-mannered! The gift was a small cake from a bakery you've seen near your apartment complex. It was quite expensive.

"Oh, thank you so much! Natsuo-kun and I burnt the cookies we were going to have for dessert, so really, thanks!" You sheepishly smiled, bowing as well. You reached for the box, your fingers grazing Shouto's.

Fuyumi snickered. "I was wondering what that smell was."

"Oh, hush." You stepped aside and let them in.

The dinner table was covered in food. Once your parents heard that the rest of the surviving Todoroki siblings were coming over, they went crazy. Your mom ended up making way too much food. She had asked Natsuo what Shouto's favorite food was so she could make it, but he didn't know. He revealed to you that they were practically strangers because their father isolated Shouto to train him.

It was sad. Man, fuck Endeavor.

The seating arrangement was as such: your parents on either end, you and Natsuo on one side, and Shouto and Fuyumi on the other. You were across from Fuyumi.

Dinner went smoothly as you tried to explain the best you could what your coma was caused by. But then your mom interrupted.

"I don't think it was just your quirk coming in, honey," she said.

Her comment caused you to raise a confused brow at her. "What do you mean?"

She angrily continued, this time gripping her chopsticks. "The school tried to cover it up, but Izuku said that this kid had whacked you hard enough to give you a concussion. He wouldn't say the kid's name though."

Your dad grunted. "When I get my hands on this kid..."

"Really?" Even though it allegedly happened to you, you didn't remember that at all.

Natsuo turned to you, his face clearly shocked. "You don't remember it at all? That's likely a trauma response, [first name]."

You nervously laughed. A trauma response? God, that did not sound good. Maybe you should start going to therapy? "Okay, doctor Natsuo, it's fine. What's in the past is in the past! I'm fine now, aren't I?"

He reached for your hand under the table and gently squeezed it. "I'm just looking out for you. But when I find out who did that, I'll freeze him and throw him into the ocean."

You grinned, a laugh escaping from your lips. "Oh, my hero!" you purred.

"Could it be that you two are dating?" Shouto suddenly questioned, no hint of teasing in his voice. The entire dinner, he had been eating and staying quiet, only saying short answers when he was spoken to. His face was blank, as expected.

You immediately pulled your hand away from Natsuo's. "No!" you yelped as Natsuo simply froze and turned red. "We're just close friends, y'know?"

Your dad grumbled, "Yeah, and it better stay that way..."

"Ah, is that how friends act? The way you interact seems rather romantic, but I am basing that suspicion on the soap operas Fuyumi watches as I've never been in a relationship," he bluntly explained.

Is that how friends act? You thought about the question. You hugged your friends and held them close, so they knew how valuable they were to you. Showing affection physically was easier for you than saying it. Affectionate words came out of your mouth so cornily? If that's even a word. "Natsuo-kun's one of my closest friends and I guess I am pretty affectionate with him... But I'm like that with Fuyumi, too. It differs with people, I would think."

He hummed, seemingly deep in thought. You all resumed eating and talking until Shouto spoke up again. "So, once we become friends, will you be affectionate towards me too?" Again, he had no clear emotion on his face and his heart was steady, but he spoke with a clear conviction. He was sure that you would become close.

Taken aback by his bluntness, your lips parted slightly. "I mean-" you shrugged, "I guess so? It happens naturally though, you can't force it, y'know?"

"It will happen naturally," he ominously stated. Shouto thought it was reasonable. You were friends with all his older siblings, so it was only natural that he was next in line to become your friend. 'My first girlfriend,' he thought. 'What do friends do?'

Fuyumi smiled. She knew this would be a great idea. You've already managed to befriend her distant and emotionally unaware little brother!

Natsuo deadpanned at his brother. Shouto's directness and lack of awareness made him cringe, but at the same time, he knew you thought it was adorable.

And he was right. 'That's scary, but kinda adorable too, what the fuck...' You grinned at the boy. "Hey, you said you're going to UA, right?" Shouto nodded. "Well, if I get in, let's eat lunch together sometime. Okay, otouto-san?"

His expression slightly hardened. If you get accepted into the hero course, that would make you competition. Competition would lessen his chance of becoming number 1 and proving his father Endeavor wrong.

"Oh, you applied for UA?" Fuyumi asked, breaking the awkward silence between you and Shouto.

You bashfully rubbed your neck. "Yeah... It's been my dream since I was a kid, y'know?"

"Oh, I remember that." She softly smiled. "I'm sure you'll get in with a quirk like yours."

"Yeah, wings are pretty useful, like Hawks!" Natsuo said.

You frowned, staring down at your food as you slumped in your seat. "I doubt I'll be in the hero course though," you shamefully muttered. "I got four points in the entrance exam..."

"Damn!"

You glared at Natsuo.

"Sorry..."

"If you don't get in the hero course, I'll eat lunch with you," Shouto quietly said, a small, serene smile on his face. He was glad that you most likely would not get into the hero course. "Since that's something friends do."

"You're welcome anytime!" your mom called after the Todorokis as they stood at the doorway.

"Good night, get back safe," you said, hugging Natsuo and Fuyumi. Shouto stared at you expectantly, and you stared back. Natsuo facepalmed at the awkward scene playing out in front of him. "...Shouto-kun, do you want a hug, too?" you slowly asked.

He nodded. "Yes. As you just hugged Fuyumi and Natsuo, I expected one too. However, [first name]-san, if doing so makes you uncomfortable-"

You wrapped your arms around his torso, which caused him to stand very stiffly. God, has he never been hugged before? "You're supposed to hug back," you chuckled at his social ineptness.

Slowly, his arms reached around your waist and hugged you back. "I see... Thank you."

Who the fuck says "thank you" after a hug...?

...

A bit bored after the Todorokis left, you simply toured your room. Something was missing, but you couldn't tell what. You looked at the photos again, and in some pictures, you saw a small yellow bird with cute red cheeks. A cockatiel. Your cockatiel. "Bookie," you breathed out.

"Hey Mom, Dad?" you shouted, exiting your room. From down the hall, your mom stuck her head out her room.

"Yes, honey?"

"What happened to Bookie?" you waved the picture of you and your bird.

"Oh, we're so sorry, [first name], but we just couldn't take care of her..." Confused, you purse your lips together. "We sold her to this hero agency in Kyushu," your mom continued.

"They were looking for a mascot," your dad grimaced at your horrified expression.

"Can we get her back!? I'll fly over!" Your dear bird! She was your only friend for years! Besides Izuku, that is, but Izuku just didn't... understand girl stuff. You couldn't talk about a fat blood clot coming out of you without him getting disgusted. Bookie understood... She always knew what to say.

"You know you can't use your quirk, honey," your dad said.

"Look, we're visiting your grandparents soon, and they live in Kyushu!"

You grinned. Hopefully, you'll get your bird back.

You hopped on your laptop. You had gotten quite a few messages on Wiscord. Though, most of them were from the same person.

LizardWizard18_YT

HOP ON LEAGUE

HELLO?

Dude Wya?

HELLLLLOOOOO

Um what the Fuck slayer

Wow..... Even Xx_TombRaida1 is on and that bitch is on once in a fuckn blue moon

U havent been on in months what the Fuck is up slayer

R U dead???? Or R U ghosting ?

Is it bcz I told U that Im a mutant?

But U said U werent like that tho so Ig U lied U whore.

The messages were sent over a span of eight months, the last one being sent seven months ago. Oh, God you almost forgot how much of a nerd you were.

Truthfully, you don't remember this guy at all. He must not have been that big a part of your life. Should you text him? You decided to go for it. What's the worst that could happen?

CougarSlayer475

ok bitch im litro a quurkless mutant myslef

hop on fortnite buddy

LizardWizard18_YT

Did U even get season 217 😒

CougarSlayer475

wtf y r there sm seasons now

LizardWizard18_YT

Ask fucking Ninja the XVI

CougarSlayer475

LMAO

i js got it plsplsplspls hop on 🥹🥹

He responded so quickly, you could tell he had no life. You put on the dusty headset next to your laptop and checked the microphone. It still worked.

You then got a notification from this LizardWizard18_YT kid – he was calling you on Wiscord? You joined the call.

"Hi, Lizard Wizard 18 underscore YT."

"Shut the fuck up I made that name when I was like 6," the man growled. "Why did you go ghost for a whole ass year."

"Haha, coma."

He was quiet for a few minutes. "What did your dumb ass do...? Bet you did something stupid like trip on a rock and hit your head or something."

You pouted. "I got beat up... But it's fine now, I guess.."

"The fuck? You got beat that bad? Why didn't you fight back?"

"I don't know... I don't remember what happened."

"So you got amnesia too? Tough."

"Bitch, is that all you can say? Wow..."

He ignored you, instead shooting at another player. "I'm cracked, I'm cracked!"

"Oh my fucking God- HELP!" You still knew how to play the game (thank you muscle muscle memory), but you were still bad at it.

You ended up winning the game though, so that was great.

"You're literally so useless, I carried your ass," Lizard Wizard said.

"Shut up- Oh! TombRaida's playing League," you stared at the username on your screen. "I'm joining him."

"'Kay. I don't feel like playing League, so I'm gonna play GTA."

"Alrighty! Night, Lizard Wizard 18 underscore YT!"

"Shut the fuck up."

"WOW."

Lizard Wizard then left the call, so you decided to message TombRaida.

CougarSlayer475

hi

is it ok if i join u

Xx_TombRaida1

youre dead to me

CougarSlayer475

erm

whaaaaat do u mean

Xx_TombRaida1

don't play stupid slayer. you ignored all my invs but now you want to play?

hahahaha youre funny

and youre getting blocked

i almost killed myself yk? and you think you can just walk back into my life after all that??

'Yo, what the fuck is this kid saying?? He's trying to manipulate or some shit–' Maybe YOU should block him.

CougarSlayer475

atp i should honestly just put a big fuckig billboard on my head that says

JUST WOKE UP FROM A COMAAA

i was in the hospital u bitch

Xx_TombRaida1

what?

EVER HAHAHAHA

i dont fucking care if you woke up from a coma you couldve messaged me subliminally.

youre so fake slayer smdh

CougarSlayer475

shtu up ur obsessed

Xx_TombRaida1

...

and who was the one who confessed their love over wiscord and got rejected LMAO

Oh my God, did you really do that? Past you was something...

CougarSlayer475

OH MT FUCKING GODDD

wait who did i confess to...

Xx_TombRaida1

was it so traumatic that your brain blocked it outyhsrgeaw

CougarSlayer475

u gonna tell me or what

Xx_TombRaida1

5/11/XXXX

you told me you liked me

and then you ghosted me for 5 weeks because of how embarrassed you were

CougarSlayer475

ain no way

listne it was a different time trust

How did you fall for this kid... He probably groomed you or something. HOW OLD IS HE ANYWAYS? Oh my God, what if this guy was 40... and he's playing games with a minor... What a creep!

Xx_TombRaida1

yeah right youre still in love with me

join me

You finally joined his game and hopped into a call with him. "I am not in love with your musty ass, please be sooo very for real."

"Anymore," the surprisingly hot voice said. It was low and raspy. That's probably why past you was in love, to be honest. Like, come on, a young impressionable girl who is a social outcast, gets bullied, and hangs out with literally one person is bound to fall in love with anyone who shows them some sort of attention and ignore the red flags.

You began to walk around the map, trying to find him. "Weird ass. You're probably like 50-"

"Nuh-uh."

"Yuh-huh. You sound 50." You then mocked his dry voice to add to your insult.

"Shut the fuck up." You heard him pause and reach for something, hissing a small, "shit" when he dropped something. You heard a soda can crack open and fizz up, followed by a very audible gulp.

"Why are you so cartoony," you giggled. "You're literally an NPC, kid."

You heard another gulp. "Cartoony? If anyone's cartoony, it's you – who the fuck goes into a coma in XXXX? That shit ended in the 1900's." His voice was audibly smoother after his gulps of liquid, which made you think that your comment really got to him.

"Well, maybe I'm a trendsetter. Maybe you'll go into a coma next?"

"How'd you even get into that predicament in the first place."

"Ojii-san using big words smh."

"I'm not a grandpa," he seethed. "And predicament isn't even a big word, you-"

"You literally are a grandpa. I bet you have gray hair and dentures." He was silent for a moment. You could feel how annoyed he was through the screen. "No way- do you really have dentures?"

"No!" he defensively raised his voice before going back to his usual grumble. "I have gray hair because of my quirk..."

"And is your quirk being an old geezer?"

Come on, he had to admit that that was pretty funny.

"Is your quirk being an insufferable brat? My quirk is decay... I disintegrate things."

You were silent for maybe a minute before sighing. "Ugh, why did a weirdo like you have to get such a nice quirk. I wish I had a cool emitter quirk. I'd rather that than be a heteromorph tbh."

"...Thank you...?" He breathed out. "It's not that nice though... I almost disintegrated my PC yesterday..."

"Bye, I forreal would've sobbed."

"Why? Because you wouldn't get to talk to me?" You could practically see the cocky smirk on his face.

You frowned. "I just rolled my eyes, did you feel it?" He let out a dry laugh. "But anyways, I got beat up and then I suddenly manifested my quirk, and I guess the mix of those two made me go into a coma...? I don't really know."

"...Did this happen in public?"

You hummed. "School."

"And what's your quirk?"

"Um, y'know spider man? It's kinda like that but I'm a moth instead of a spider."

He simply hummed. "No one helped you?"

"No, and Isn't it crazy how so many people want to be heroes, but they never stand up for people who actually need help?" You thought back to that dream about the orphanage. You had decided to believe that it was, in fact, real and that really happened.

"It really is crazy, isn't it, Slayer?" His grating breathing became more audible, and the noise made you shiver. "I don't like it. Not one bit. I blame All Might... He's the root of all these wannabe heroes. They're all fakes. They don't save lives. Society would be better if he didn't exist at all. Wouldn't you agree? Man, I hate it."

"First of all, please back up from your mic. Second of all, you're lowkey real for that. Like, how are you gonna beat me up, then say you wanna be a hero? Just say you wanna be rich and famous... And what's with his whole America gimmick? It's so cringe-"

"All Might, he's just the worst, isn't he? I just want to dismantle the whole hero system... Heroes only want power, and they'll do anything for it. Ah, this hero-centric society really fucked me over. It really pisses me off..."

"Sometimes I wish we just lived in a world without quirks, y'know? No heroes, no villains, just peace... Ah, that sounds so corny, doesn't it?" You airily laughed at your words.

If quirks didn't exist, you probably would've been a normal kid. People like the Todorokis and Izuku wouldn't have been traumatized and stuff. Or maybe they would've. Who knows? A world without quirks was strange and unfamiliar. Yes, you had lived with being quirkless, but you were still surrounded by them. Everywhere you went, someone would be using their quirk.

"Yes!" He laughed into his mic, the sound was hoarse and almost painful sounding. "You get it! You get it, Slayer!" 'Get what?' you wondered. This kid's pretty crazy. He acts like the fucking Joker, with his whole society rhetoric. You couldn't deny that he was right though... "Maybe you aren't so annoying... I want to let you in on a little secret-"

"What is it? Are you really a senior citiz-"

"I'm 19! Happy? Turning 20 soon," he finally snapped. "You're seriously aggravating."

"Woah..." No way this kid was only two-three years older than you. "No shot you're only 19... You're a youngin' like me!" you exclaimed in your very good impression of a grandpa.

"Youngin? Maybe you're the senior citizen–"

"As if! I'm 17, y'know! So I'm still younger than youuu-"

"I don't even want to tell you anymore..."

"No, please, tell me, Tomb-sama," you cheekily pleaded. "You've got me curious now."

He let out a heavy sigh. "No, I'm irritated now..."

"Give me a hint?"

"It has to do with the Symbol of Peace..."

You ended up playing League of Legends with TombRaida, who you simply called "Tomb" until 2 AM. He was fun to play with, and crazy smart. He was good at pulling plans out of his ass. And he had a nice voice. He was so emo though. Also, he never told you his little secret.

...

wc - 3,467 words

i love discord mod tomura

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 5.1K 65
(*WARNING*: contains foul language, mature content I guess, and also cringe) (Y/n) (L/n) has a non average life with a rare confusing bunch of Quirks...
982 27 11
Y/N is terrified of using her quirk. Killing her parents when she was a child, she swore never to use her quirk again. But when it activates again, m...
13.6K 746 48
๐“๐–๐Ž ๐Ž๐… ๐‡๐„๐€๐‘๐“๐’ "๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ง๐จ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ช๐ฎ๐ข๐ซ๐ค, ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ž๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›...
13.9K 492 17
แดตแถปแต˜แตแต˜ แดนโฑแตˆแต’สณโฑสธแตƒหฃ แถ ! สณแต‰แตƒแตˆแต‰สณ โ•ญโ”ˆโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ เณ„เพ€เฟ หŠหŽ- โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โ If your dreams don't scare you there too small. โž โ™กห—หโœŽ*เณƒหš๐Ÿ’:; โ†ณ โ ยก Stop moving ya head ! โž โ•”โ•โ•โ•...