metamorphosis | various bnha

By stupidgorilla

[various!bnha x fem!moth!reader] "why do you wanna be a hero?" "i don't remember." quirkless and bullied [las... More

0 - b4 u start
1.1 - coma
1.2 - wake up, [first name]!
1.4 - the whole family can hit
1.5 - orientation
1.6 - pls be more selfish.
1.7 - janitor's closet
1.8 - in ur room
1.9 - hawks and miruko are bad influences
2.1 - let's go bully 1-a !
2.2 - u fuckking pest!!
2.3 - make it ur own
2.4 - those red eyes
2.5 - lamp, have you heard of them?
2.6 - it's not u (mostly)
2.7 - 2 urself!
2.8 - ¿1 of them?
2.9 - bite me! :3
2.10 - mutants can't sing
special - king of all losers
2.11 - nightmares
2.12 - red tie
2.13 - woogle, is it illegal to knock out a teacher?
2.14 - empty promises
2.15 - lovebug? gross!
2.16 - nezu hates [first name]
2.17 - ur the worst
2.18 - best friends?
2.19 - missed u
3.1 - dragons are real!
3.2 - fuck eraserhead!!!
3.3 - some sorta existential crisis
3.4 - headache
3.5 - the scary forest
3.6 - stupid fucking magician
3.7 - spinner?
3.8 - not enough
special - cold-blooded
3.9 - a friendly reunion :D
3.10 - i'm gonna fucking haunt you
3.11 - not yet
3.12 - u were right
3.13 - just letting yk
extra - songs !

1.3 - pls let me take the exam!

2.4K 111 27
By stupidgorilla

summary - izuku gets insecure of [first name]'s new friends and she takes the ua entrance exams. after, she meets with an old friend.

When you arrived at the station, Izuku quickly spotted you in the crowd, your taller than average height and giant gray-brown wings making you very easy to find. He began to jog over but stopped when he saw you talking to two boys. The two boys were clearly taller and more attractive than him. He felt himself grow more insecure as he kept watching you interact with them.

"I have to find my friend," you said, trying to excuse yourself to go find Izuku. "But good luck on the exam, Kosei-kun, Kaibara-kun!" You then left to find Izuku but couldn't see his green hair in the crowd. 'Hm, he must've gone ahead. I should go too then. We can meet at UA.'

You began walking to UA and you saw a green head of hair. Izuku! He was talking (?) to a girl with brown hair, which was pleasantly surprising. If your memory serves you right, then he has never spoken to a girl before (besides you, but that's obviously different!)! Which is kinda sad, but you also just talked to your first boys – that weren't your childhood best friend! So, you're both kinda sad. You decided to wait for them to finish talking before bounding up to him.

"Zucchan!" He jumped away, letting out a yelp. "Who was that?" you teased.

"O- Oh, that was, um, oh, I actually didn't get her name-"

Snickering, you said, "Maybe if you're lucky, you'll be in the same class?"

You continued into the school. The front desk lady pointed you to the testing area, but you pulled out a folded piece of paper and told Izuku to go ahead. "Do you take late applicants?" you questioned.

Her straight face faltered. "Miss, we don't take applicants this late, it is the day of the exam–"

"I woke up from a 17-month coma yesterday so I wasn't able to apply in time," you firmly stated with a solid 50 degree bow. "I'm sorry. Please let me take the exam!"

She was clearly shocked by the information. "I- I would have to ask my boss about that," she finally said. She then dialed something on the wired phone on her desk. Whoever she called picked up and she explained your situation. She let out multiple hums and complacent "yes"s before her mouth dropped. "He said you're free to go!"

Really? You were seriously expecting to have to go back home. "Alright, thank you so much!" You were increasingly glad that it worked in your favor. If you were sent back, then you would never become a hero, and then you would probably rot away in your bed while wallowing in sadness.

You cheerily made your way into the auditorium. You couldn't see Izuku in the dark, so you just sat down in the first seat you saw. You ended up between a guy who looked like a praying mantis and a girl with black hair in a sort of bob?

"OOOOH! WELCOME TO MY LIVE SHOW!" the man on the stage screamed. It hurt your head, and you had to cover your ears. You could still very clearly hear the man's extravagantly blaring voice though. His long hair was put up in a sorta banana-like tower. "EVERYBODY SAY HEEEEY!"

There was a deathly silence that gave you second-hand embarrassment. You side-eyed the girl next to you, and you met each other's eyes. You let out a sort of sputter that was supposed to be a laugh as she laughed into her hand. She got just as much second-hand embarrassment as you.

The man quickly recovered from the embarrassing moment. "I'VE GOT SHIVERS DOWN MY SPINE, TOO, LISTENERS! ALL RIGHT, EXAMINEES, I'M GONNA GIVE YOU THE LOW-DOWN ON HOW THIS'LL GO DOWN! ARE YOU READY!? YEAAAAAH!" Again, no one said anything, and you were starting to feel bad for the hero.

You listened along to the rules. 'Ok, so there are three different robots I have to beat, each being worth a different amount of points. I think I can do it?' Under your seat was a card with a letter on it: G. So G is the zone that you're going to. You hoped Izuku was there too.

"Excuse me, may I ask a question?" Some blue-haired kid stood up, raising his arm. "On the handout, there are clearly four types of villains listed! Such an error would be the height of embarrassment for a top-tier national academy of UA's caliber!" He talked very properly, you noticed. "Moreover, you!" He swiveled around, pointing his finger at someone. "Yes, you, with the curly hair! Can't you sit still for a second... You're distracting!! If you think UA is some pleasure jaunt, then leave this place at once!"

When you realized that the curly-haired boy was Izuku, you couldn't help but giggle at his misfortune.

"Who put a stick up his ass?" the girl next to you muttered.

You turned to her in humored shock. Her short black hair swayed as she turned to laugh. You laughed into your hand again.

You then listened in as the announcer compared the fourth type of villain to a thwomp from Mario and that they gave no points. You should make sure to avoid those.

The arena was a giant fake city. It made you wonder where UA got the funds. Seriously. 'Ok, I have to figure out this flying stuff right now.'

You could feel the tissue that connected your shoulder wings and your moth wings, and you just need to get it to move the whole wing somehow. You strained and flexed your back, and felt them flutter a bit, but people were starting to look at you weird, so you stopped.

"AAAAAND START!" No one moved. "WHAT'S THE MATTER? THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A COUNTDOWN IN A REAL BATTLE! RUN! RUUUN!" That caused everyone to shove past each other. Except you. You're still trying to fly.

You felt a hand clasp on your shoulder. "Hey, are you alright? The exam has started."

You opened your eyes to see a bird? Your eyes traveled down their neck and then down to their unexpected body. "Oh." It was just a guy with a bird head. "Yeah, I'm fine. Uh, go on and go get some points, haha. Don't worry about me!"

He looked at you strangely. "Ah, I see."

And then he ran off.

"What is that girl doing...?" Ectoplasm scoffed.

"She hasn't left the entrance...?" Cementoss raised a blocky brow.

"But we're halfway through the exam!" Midnight gasped.

All the staff members stared in astonishment at the screen in which a young girl was squeezing her eyes shut and jumping up and down. She had wings, so why wasn't she using them?

"That's the young woman who recently woke up from a coma," a little mouse-dog-bear (?) spoke up. "Yesterday, actually."

Surprised gasps filled the room. The chimera took a sip of hot tea. "Yes, I was shocked at first, too, but I did my research and it's the truth. What is also quite shocking is that prior to yesterday, she was quirkless."

Everyone in the room gasped again. "It's quite rare to be that late of a bloomer, ain't it?" Snipe said, crossing his arms.

"But that would explain why she doesn't know how to use her quirk..." Eraserhead muttered.

"I find it quite interesting..." Nezu said.

Finally, you felt your heels lift off the ground. "Oh my fucking God, finally!"

However, it took, like, eight minutes of grunting and jumping and looking like an idiot at the entrance of the city while everyone else was already racking up points. Meaning you have two minutes to beat villains. Oh. This is not okay.

You flapped your wings, bringing yourself higher and higher in the air, trying to scope for robot villains, but obviously, there were barely any because you spent EIGHT minutes trying to fly. "Oh God, I'm done for..."

When you finally found a cluster of villains, there was already someone there. You felt sorta bad, but you needed those points! You saw a two-pointer and dove towards it, your fist outstretched like Superman. The momentum from falling from so high in the air knocked it back, causing it to hit two one-pointers. Four points!

Oh.

Four points...

"Sorry!" you hastily yelled, before jumping up and flying away. You were quickly getting used to the wings, but you weren't very fast. At least, you didn't feel very fast.

You continued looking for points and you managed to find one one-pointer. Fuck, time's almost ou-

"THE TEST IS OVERRRRRR!" the banana guy announced over the speaker.

Shit. Four points is insane. In a bad way. You are NOT getting into that hero course...

You ran up to Izuku after the test. "Oh my God, I failed so bad, Zucchan, you are NOT seeing me in that hero course–"

"At least you did better than me..." he moped, his head hanging low and his shoulders rounded. You then noticed how devoid and puffy his eyes were. Had he been crying?

"Hey, you don't know that... I literally got four points. And either way, you tried your best, didn't you?" You softened your voice trying to comfort him as you rubbed his back.

He let out a heavy sigh. Unexpectedly, he crashed into your side and looped his arms around your waist. "I got ZERO points, [nickname]!" he wailed, tears springing from his eyes almost comically. "I- I disappointed All-" He buried his face in your shoulder before he could expose his secret.

You rubbed his back some more in what you hoped was a soothing manner. A hand reached to pet his hair. Oh God, people were staring. "I'm sure there was more to the test than just points, I- I mean, they had to have given you some points for being heroic – it's a hero school after all."

"I hope you're right," he murmured, wiping his eyes.

When you arrived home, your dad was in the dining room watching random videos at an excessively loud volume. It made your antenna twitch. "I'm home," you greeted, slipping out of your shoes.

"Welcome home!" he called. "Oh, we forgot to give that to you yesterday–" He nodded towards YOUR PHONE! At that point you had totally forgotten about that disastrous exam.

"Oh my God, thank you so, so, so much." You quickly snatched your phone off the table and powered it on. It was fully charged and had an immense amount of notifications, we're talking over 500. Most of them were from spam emails though. You really did live a sad life.

Luckily, you still remembered your password, so you were able to unlock your phone. You had so many texts to answer. You had a lot of texts from Izuku and Natsuo, but the text stopped after a few months. The last text you got from Natsuo was, "HELLO? Are u ignoring me??"

He thought you were ignoring him? Never!

You decided to text him back and let him know that you were awake.

[TODAY AT 3:27 PM]

[you]

omfg

i am so so so sorry

i was NOT ignoring u

i like just woke up

He read the messages after eight minutes.

[natsuo 🙈]

You were sleeping for over a year?

[you]

i was in a coma 4 literally 17 months

[natsuo 🙈]

Wtf

[last name] [first name].

Wait why were you in a coma

???

[you]

i dont remember 💀

i have like amnesia or smt

[natsuo 🙈]

Do you remember me?

[you]

no

jk

sorta

[natsuo 🙈]

Wdym "sorta"????

I'm On My Way!

Ducking Autocorrect Ignore that

[you]

ducking 😭

but wgat .

ur cominf ovr??

omfg my dads homr

DONT LEAVE ME ON READ YOUNF MAN

[read 3:32 PM]

You looked up at your dad. "Natsuo might be coming over," you said with a slight grimace.

Your dad's jaw dropped. "I haven't seen that kid in years! I'm surprised Endeavor let him out..." Your dad clearly held some sort of disdain for the number 2 hero. You should ask him why soon.

It took maybe 20 minutes for you to hear a knock on your apartment door. Upon opening the door, you were met with a warm embrace. Immediately recognizing the body as Natsuo, you hugged back. Hugging was something you did often with Natsuo (he was very touchy as a kid) and suddenly that feeling consumed you again, that feeling of warmth and familiarity.

"I- I missed you, [first name]," he whispered. When you pulled away, he took in your appearance. "You look so... different..."

You anxiously tugged on your shirt. "Well, I think my quirk was one of the main reasons for my coma... Did my parents not tell you about my coma?" You looked into his gray eyes and felt a siege of emotions and memories run through you. It made you feel lightheaded.

Natsuo shook his head. "Don't you remember?" You furrowed your brows. You realized a while ago that that phrase irked you. Like, no, you literally have amnesia, of course you don't remember. He took your silence as confirmation to explain. "Endeavor tried to cut you out of our lives, so you and your family were forbidden from visiting and I couldn't visit you anymore either. I could only come over because I'm in college right now. I didn't know shit."

College? Damn, you were out that long.

"What an asshole," you scoffed, you remember hating his dad, too. "Come in, you need to help me remember stuff!" You pulled him into the house.

"Natsuo-kun!" your dad greeted the boy. "I haven't seen you since you were, what, 14?"

Natsuo nodded. "Yeah! Man, I missed this place..." He had always liked your dad better than his. Your house was comforting – one of the reasons he used to sneak over so often. He loathed his own father for a lot of reasons. After Touya's death you were one of the only things that kept him grounded.

"My room!" You pulled him along. You already felt so comfortable with him, like you could remember all the emotions you shared with him, just not the events.

"Hold on!" he whined, slipping off his sneakers. He followed you to your room. "Hasn't changed a bit," Natsuo murmured. He flopped onto your plush bed, like he had done many times before.

"How's Fuyumi-chan?" you asked, falling onto your bed and supporting your head on your elbows. He was on his back, staring at the star stickers on your ceiling.

"She's a teacher, teaching for some elementary school." He paused. "Let's get to the point: what was being in a coma like? And when you said you "sorta" remembered me, what did you mean by that?"

"I don't know, the coma just felt like waking up? Like, I opened my eyes and it was really dark. I realized I was in some sort of, like, cocoon, and I panicked."

"So, you went through metamorphosis basically?"

"Yeah, I felt like I was being given birth to," you both snickered. "I was slimy and everything!" He laughed as he remembered how badly you hated that texture.

You thought about his second question. "And the best way I can describe my memory right now is that I can still remember emotions. I just sorta forgot why I have those emotions in the first place."

He hummed and then turned his head to look at you. "...And what emotions do you feel with me?" His gray eyes were wide with curiosity, and his cheeks were tinted with an embarrassed pink.

Natsuo was a pretty laid-back guy, you remembered. But he was also very protective when it came to his loved ones. "Hm... Comfort. I feel really safe with you, y'know that?" You smiled at him, scrunching your eyes.

Natsuo froze before his whole body turned bright red. "God, you're still the cutest, [first name]-chan!" he cooed as he attacked you in a hug. Your face was buried in his strong chest as he exaggeratedly rolled around on your bed. You playfully screamed as he did and your room filled with laughter.

"What's going on!" Your dad barged in on the scene, hearing your screams. He stared at the two of you, "NATSUO. Get off my daughter, you predator!!"

"P- P- Predator!?" Natsuo stammered, his body still blushing from embarrassment. "[last name]!" He let go of you, allowing you to crawl out of his grasp.

Predator? You wheezed so hard that tears sprung out. The age difference between you and Natsuo was around 2 years, so calling him a predator was hilarious to you. Additionally, it wasn't like you two were together or anything?

He stood up from your bed and tried to excuse himself. "I have to get back to studying," he had said, but you could feel the vibrations of his rapidly beating heart.

"You should stay for dinner," you said. "My mom's making sashimi and we've got yakisoba as well."

Natsuo seemed to perk up. "Sashimi, huh?" He thought about the offer for maybe five seconds before nodding his head, "I guess I could stay for dinner..."

"You should call Fuyumi-chan too," you suggested. "I haven't seen her in soooo long."

Natsuo hummed in thought. "She might be busy, but I'll give it a try–" He took out his phone and pressed "call" on his sister's contact.

Fuyumi jumped at the sound of a call, her head colliding with the ceiling of the refrigerator. "Ouch," she quietly winced. When she reached for her phone, she was pleasantly surprised to see her younger brother's contact. He rarely called, with college and all.

"Hi, do you need something?" she answered.

"Yo, Fuyumi! Do you want to come over for dinner at [first name]'s? It's at... 6:30."

She nearly dropped her phone. [first name]? She genuinely hadn't heard that name in months. You sorta just disappeared from their lives. Fuyumi remembered how mopey Natsuo was when you ignored him. He was even convinced you died at one point... You and Fuyumi were close too, practically sisters, but Fuyumi hypothesized that you leaving their lives probably had something to do with her father, which she knew she couldn't do anything about. Her hand trembled as she spoke into her phone. "[first name]? As in, [last name] [first name]? Did she stop ghosting you?"

She heard incoherent whispers on the other side before a timid feminine voice said, "Hi, Fuyumi..."

"[first name]? What happened to you?"

"Um, I can explain over dinner. Please come over if you're not busy!" you pleaded.

Fuyumi sighed, mulling over her options. She hadn't started dinner yet and her father was supposed to be away for a week, so she should be able to go without consequence – or that would be the case if there wasn't one very important factor, her youngest brother Shouto.

She practically raised the boy after their mother was institutionalized.

She realized you must have given the phone back to Natsuo because she heard his deeper voice in her ear. "If you're thinking about Shouto, then Kibaru said it's fine. You should bring him to meet [first name]-chan anyways."

Fuyumi heard your confused whispers in the background. Even though you were close with Natsuo and Fuyumi, you had no idea of Shouto's existence; he was always locked away, courtesy of their father. It was one of the reasons she hated Endeavor. Shouto never had a real childhood and as a teacher, she could see it reflected in his development. Shouto was emotionally stunted.

She hummed. Maybe you could help him get out of his shell. "I'll ask Shouto," she finally said. "I'll text you when I get his answer."

"Who was that?" Speak of the devil. Fuyumi yelped as she didn't even notice the boy enter the kitchen. He had mastered silent steps because of his training.

"It was Natsuo," she replied, hanging up on the call.

Shouto nodded, a blank expression on his face. "Where's dinner? Did you need my help with it?"

"Thank you for the offer, but no." Shouto nodded again. "I was actually thinking we could go over to a friend's house for dinner?"

"Oh," he simply blinked. "Do I know this friend?"

Fuyumi let out an audible breath as she leaned against the kitchen counter. "Well, no, but she's just about a year older than you. Natsuo and I have known her for years, since we were kids. And I know you don't really remember him, but she was friends with Touya as well. We would really love for you to meet her–"

Shouto stiffened at the mention of his eldest brother. He was barely seven when Touya died, but his name made him shiver. Although, he couldn't tell if it was fear or something else that caused the reaction. "I'll go," he said. "I would like to meet her."

...

wc - 3,499 words

i love natsuo more than myself he's literally top 3 characters for me

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 34.3K 55
discontinued [F/N] [L/N] is an incredibly powerful young woman, living with one of the most powerful quirks known to man. She wants to become a her...
66K 1.8K 75
NOT A ONESHOT "This fanfiction sucks." - (Y/n) "And I took that personally." - ??? You are transported to the BNHA universe with the help of a strang...
59.9K 1.6K 50
-------------------------------------------------------- In which Y/N wishes to be a great hero in the future and has been supported by nonother than...
3.4M 97.3K 85
(𝚈/𝚗) (𝙻/𝚗) 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚙𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚛𝚔, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚗'𝚝...