ONE SHOTS

By priyadharshini12

One shot series disclaimer: the circumstance, happenings is fictional and not intended or related to real li... More

yearning for you
coffee with nani
ashaangi os contest
coffee with nani part 2
coffee with nani 3
omggggg
you and me
you and me 2
nenjai poo pol koidhavale
new story
platonic or practical ?
platonic or practical 2
alternative esp
wild vs us 1
wild vs us 2
wild vs us 3
stranger things
new story
love in armour 1
kana kaanum kaalam
kana kaanum kaalam 2
kana kaanum kalam 3
new story alert

kanaa kaanum kaalungal 4

585 89 75
By priyadharshini12

The year passed, with them having their subtle moments in every passing day. Neither did he take a firm step to turn this into a labelled relationship nor did she initiate it. The only advancement they had was a few lighthearted conversations about their likes and dislikes during the time they worked together for sports day and cultural programmes. It increased the interest they had in each other multifold. A year passed in a blink, and it was their time for a mock examination. Viplav was in his 12th and Aradhya was in her 10th grade. It was less than a week for their last working day and the last working day's evening would mark their farewell. It was their last examination as school students and though it was hitting hard for Viplav another thing that was haunting him and his soul was Aradhya .... 

What is he going to do without looking at her every day? without having a conversation with her in the cycle parking? without teasing her, her frowns ... but is he ready for a commitment? is he mature enough to endure this decision .... No. he was sure that he could never do this to her or him as he was self-aware that he could never proceed to the next step. He could not afford to break his as well as her heart by turning this out seriously... it was casual ... soothing .... and something which would bring a smile to his lips even after years. This was a sweet torment that he would embrace along with the pain it would bring into him every time he remembers. 

This was the only thing that was carrying him forward with a smile and as though Aradhya's and Viplav's mind worked with a uni-access control Aradhya also arrived at this decision. She had two options left either ... to choose to proceed and receive a major heartbreak or to embrace the sweet memories they shared in this couple of years and remember it with a smile in future. She chose the latter option which seemed practical and less traumatic. 

The notice boards were stuck and the school was functioning in full swing to equip their students to face the board exams which is one of the most important milestones of their academic life as 10th and 12th are about to appear in board exams management felt it would be better to pair up a 10th and 12th student as desk mates for the exams.Viplav was looking into the desk arrangement and his lips curved into a smirk as he noticed that his bench mate was none other than Aradhya. 

He turned and found Aradhya behind his back trying to peep into the list while he asked "Enna thedra ?" 

Aradhya " sethu pona en aayavoda kallaraya thedren "

Viplav " adha schoolla en thedra sudugaatlela thedanu " 

Aradhya glared at him and said " sathyama ippo unta argue panna mood illa . saamita venditu vandhuruke  rakshan anna maari deskmate vandhavaachu solli kudupaanga unna maari vandha sethen " to which

 he smirked and said " saami kaadha moodikitaar . enna maadhiri illa naane dhaa un deskmate vaa polaam hallku " to which she slapped her forehead and took her stationery set frm her bag which was wrapped in a rubber band while Viplav walked in just with a blue pen. 

As the students settled in their desks Aradhya looked at the single pen which was placed in front of Viplav and a dozen of stationeries in front of her and mumbled " pencil venu scale venunu keta kondruve " 

Viplav murmured " seri keka maate eduthukure " to which she glared and by that time they were provided with question papers which made her go silent. Viplav did use everything that's Aradhya's except for her answer sheet. Though Aradhya was struggling in a few places for answers and looked at Viplav's face his face neither turned towards her nor did he help her. She sighed expecting this from him as he was very much strict in not helping in exams which she was very much aware. 

The week went on with his subtle teases during the exams and her glares but deep down they were masking up their emotions by these silly fights as they knew it's about to end.... forever ..and there is no looking back which was painful yet wholesome. 

Farewell..... 

All the students were adorning traditional wear. No more uniforms, no more oiled braids, no more carefree days ... responsibilities and the roads they were about to take are going to rob their innocence and teach the brutal reality of the world. ... Another street away or class away is goanna turn out to be a distance which is poles apart and this did bring in a reality check for every one of them. Teary eyes , slam books and exchange of numbers between 12th graders from their first mobile was all letting the auditorium to submerge into vibe of longingness and a void which is about to secure a permanent place in everyone's heart . 

It was a day of reality check for everyone who were present in there. Aradhya was totally an emotional mess and though she was talking to all her friends her eyes searched for that one person .... that one person who painted another colour in her life these 2 years which she never knew existed .... that one person who is going to be etched in her heart forever no matter where the life takes her.... and she found him already staring at her from a corner of the auditorium.

His eyes were fixed in her frame.... he couldn't even admire her in saree which was nothing less than a feast for his eyes ... the practical difficulties and optimistic philosophies which he fed his mind all through this month seemed pointless and all he wanted to do was fill her image into his eyes as much as he could as.... this could be the last day he could see her . Aradhya was in a state nothing less than him and she could feel his eyes glistened. 

She moved towards him while he also moved towards her . Both of them were looking at each other without knowing what to tell.... which would be a proper closure .... a goodbye?  a handshake? maybe a side hug? If it was that easy .... they could've moved away with just a smile... and that was what they tried to do.

Viplav and Aradhya turned to the front as it was time for them to stand together while Viplav held her hand and muttered " stay .... " Aradhya looked at him with a shock while he muttered " for one last time "to which she smiled masking up her pain. They held onto each other's hands and the palms which pressed against each other soothed their yearning souls.  

The photos were clicked , fire crackers were blasted and the farewell marked an end and it was now their last time to walk together . 

Viplav looked at Aradhya who was walking towards the gate and sprinted towards her joining her tracks . Aradhya stopped on her tracks and looked into his eyes asking " enkitta edhum sollanuma ?" 

Viplav looked at her eyes and let out a heavy breath telling " naa nenaikuradha ellaam solla mudiyaadhu.... sollavum koodaadhu " 

Aradhya still continued to look at him with tightly folded fists to supress the cry that's about to burst out from her throat while he took her hands in his and looked straight into her eyes which were mirroring the tears in his eyes. 

Viplav " nee.... nee enaku evlo specialnu ennala... solli puriyavaika mudiyaadhu ... avlo pudikum.... solvaangalla unna idhnaala pudikum adhunaala pudikumnu..... enaku nee apdinaale pudikum ... " 

Aradhya increased the hold in his hands and continued to look at him while he removed one of his hands and pointed out at her eyes and said " adhum indha kannu iruku paaru chancey illa..... ipo kooda idhu vara enakulla naa solli vachadhellaam udachutu.... unaku puriyudhula aaradhya ?" 

To which she nodded her head while he wiped his tears in his shirt and said "ippo .... it's coming to an end....." to which his voice cracked and Aradhya removed her hands from his hold while he held it again and said straight looking into her eyes " but oruvela.... by any chance universe gets you back to me some time later .... ...I am never gonna let you walk away that time.... not even for your sake " and by that time he spotted two bikes comig in that path and he left her hand while she wiped her eyes and he took a heavy breath to compose himself .

The bikes inched near them and stopped while both the persons removed their helmets simultaneously. 

Viplav looked at the person in the right and said " appa "

while aradhya looked at the person in the left and said " appa " 

Both of them got down from the bike with a smile and came towards them while talking to each other which was nothing less than that of a closest friend. Aradhya and Viplav looked at each other cluelessly while Aradhya's father spoke " Aradhya appa adikadi en school friend sollirkenla Ramnu aprom contact poiruchunu innaiku edherchaya bankuku vandhurundhaan apo dhaa kandupudiche idhaan avan . idhaanda en ponnu aradhya 10th padikira " 

Aradhya said " hello uncle " while the other person hugged Viplav to his shoulder and said " Viplav naa sollirkene krishnanu ... ivan dhaan adhu . idhu en paiyan viplav 12th " 

Krishna " ivlo varusham waste pannitomda inimel namma pazhaya naatkala ellaam recreate pannanu adikadi veetuku vaa . Viplav aradhyaku konjam mathsna allergy nee nalla maths poduviyaame konjam help pannupa " 

Ram " Idhu nee sollanuma thaniya . Viplav ini Aradhyaku epo helpnaalu nee pannanu and adikadi naama familyaa meet pannikanum . eppovum pola basket ball aada porenu poiraadha " to which he nodded wordlessly still not able to process the shock.

Aradhya and Viplav looked at each other with shock and the shock soon turned into a smile while Viplav's face was radiating emotions such as releif , happiness and much more which reflected in Aradhya's face . After composing himself Viplav turned towards Aradhya with a firm look which said that he got the sign of universe and he is gonna keep up his words to which she smiled and turned to the other side with blush creeping up . 

THE END ....

SO..... HOW WAS IT 

IF SOMETHING IS MEANT TO HAPPEN THE UNIVERSE WILL CONSPIRE TOWARDS IT . 

HOPE AND BELEIVE 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

397 0 49
Just a bunch of little story's to help spark an idea for y'all. People can be random or fictional characters_3 ***Disclaimer I use Amara for the char...
7.8K 222 25
A series of one shots, all about Wayhaught...!
67 8 7
A Collection of seemingly unrelated Short Stories © All Rights Reserved
7.6K 199 21
Minsung Oneshots: All Fluff Moments ( + a little bit of angst) Enjoy! (。•̀ᴗ-)✧