Pristine Tales of Love..short...

By GurdeepSingh957

Collection of Short Stories by me..*Pristine Tales of Love..short stories! ✔* ★ My Golden Faucet ★ My Candy W... More

My Golden Faucet
My Candy Wife!!
She, The Rainy Reason!
Mr White Coat and Ms Engineer
Please come for me..
Two Successful Drunkards

Mr Right on Wrong Date and Elevator!!

0 0 0
By GurdeepSingh957

Dolly, for her friend's sake, agreed to manage her blind date but just for once..the same goes with Amol, who was also convinced, rather, blackmailed by his friend to attend his blind date set by any of his friend's relatives..

"I'm telling you, if your blind date says any nonsense, I'll leave immediately.. Then over to you and your mom" Dolly said to  Trisha, whose date it actually was, standing at the entrance of the coffee shop..with a phone with a speaker on, in her hand and peeping in from the glass door..

"Okay! you may leave but he won't..mom told me that he is a quiet one..gym trainer or owner..I don't know exactly..but please behave well and try to reject him from the very beginning and I am sure you can do it" Trisha replied..

"Hmm! All wild things in my quota only, no?" Dolly said and hung up..

**************

"Honestly you dog, what if I fumbled.. These girl's things are not my cup of tea..and you idiot..you got this cafe only to set a date", Amol said to his friend standing at the counter of the coffee shop and looking at the seat he was asked to sit, so that the girl coming would identify him..

His plan was to not go there, let the girl come and see him not being there, and leave in a minute or two..

"Howcome you'll fumble, you don't have to speak a lot..she is a radio jockey..a renowned one, so you just piss her off and she'll leave herself..and for the coffee shop, it appears casual and look at the time dude..it's almost the brunch hour..a lot of sound will disturb you..not to worry, you can do it champ..C' mon!!" Mridul boosted his friend on call, giving him idea to off the date and assuring him of the disturbances there would be..so he doesn't need to worry..

"I'm not worried, I just feel sorry for that girl..nevermind I'm Amol Naik.. Girls are crazy for me..let this lucky girl get my attention, but just for your sake..delete my video once this drama gets over" Amol motivated himself, while the one responsible for the counter looked at him amazingly, as the way he said was too showy and humorous at the same time..

"Yes! That's the spirit! I'll delete your video once you handle this one.. My mom adores her a lot because she is popular for her voice and people do know her..I can't even take a chance to piss myself because of someone is way too good with me", Mridul said and then started again..Amol couldn't listen to his same cut and dried speech on her and hung up, waiting for any girl to come..

***************

"Relax! Just for Trisha..nothing else, C'mon!" Dolly motivated herself and entered..

"Sir, if I am not wrong, you are the one who judges that show what it is called..uhm..a Talent Show, right!" The Batista said..

Amol turned to him and replied, "Hmm! Sparkling Stars!!"..

Dolly went and sat at the table. She was told there were people around enjoying their coffee and snacks.. She took out her tablet and started drawing without wasting time..

"Sir, just one selfie..you..you take this cup..I'll use it here..and you can come here whenever you wish..I'll be at your service for free!" The Batista exclaimed..passing Amol a cup of cappuccino to pose with and make his cafe bit more popular..

"Sure, but I'm not THAT popular" Amol replied and posed with him..

"Oh! There is a new customer.. Let me attend her..how can I make someone wait?" He cried when he saw Dolly sitting on the table while taking a selfie.. Her back was what he saw, he leaned forward towards the table and rushed to her..

Amol looked at him, going to her..then realised that she was the one who was to come..but his plan failed to let her wait for some minutes and she would leave rather she started her work.. He turned again towards the counter and took a deep breath to conquer what was coming..

*************

"Hello ma'am! How are you and how may I help you?" The attendant asked..

"Hi! I'm good and thank you!" Dolly replied..

"Are you waiting for someone, ma'am?" He asked..

"Yeah!" She replied and continued with her work..

"I think he is here already, see there!" He said and signalled towards the counter..

Dolly turned to see him, he was wearing a white shirt with broad shoulders and his well-built stature vibrating through it..Amol turned just like heroes do in movies.. a swift turn, but the moment their eyes met, he was shocked and..Dolly stood up in shock looking at whom he was..

"Here he is, ma'am.. Mr Amol Naik..judge of talent reality show, Sparkling Stars..I hope your day will be memorable", he said and left..

"Of course, it'll be!" Dolly mumbled..

Amol looked at the attendant thinking about why he had spoken to him and he told his true identity to her. Although he knew the girl standing before him was a substitute for the girl who was going to come, just like him..as he knew Dolly..

The Batista stopped near Amol and said, "Will get the best coffee for the best future couple!" and left giggling..Amol couldn't help smirking..

He saw Dolly was wearing a loose long plain white shirt with denim jeans with her hair clutched in a messy bun and her specs in her hand along with the tablet she was working on kept on the table..She appeared more beautiful than last time they met him. But the hatred in her eyes for him made him resistant to the thought of still joking with her..

He stepped ahead and smiled but his smile left as Dolly said, "Oh, Mr Mridul, not so happy to meet you!"..

Amol knew that she was being sarcastic, but he kept quiet for a moment and said, "Shristi, I feel like you haven't changed a single bit in the last five years.. Your aura is still filled with stubbornness and pride.. Never mind, some people never change and keep on living with misunderstandings and hatred"..

"Oh thanks a lot, Mr Judge, you must be habitual of judging people, no? But lemme tell you, you are a biased..business-minded selfish man, who is raised with silver spoons, happy!" Dolly (Shrishti) said and started packing his stuff to leave..

Amol listened to what she said and didn't react.. He closed his fist tight in anger but kept himself in control, looking at her leaving..

"Hey! Do talk to your dad.. He'll tell you what exactly happened that day". Amol said, and picked up the coffee cup from the tray. The attendant was about to keep it on their table, but was stopped so that they both would give him side but they didn't..

Dolly turned to him, placed her bag around her shoulder and looked at him and then looked around. There were many corporate people enjoying their break and some entering and leaving too.. She stared at Amol again.. He was looking at her sipping the coffee while the attendant was standing still and looking at her, as her gaze was truly fierce..

She picked up the other cup and smashed the coffee on his white shirt..the attendant limped back and people around were shocked about what happened in the couple of minutes after the meeting.. There were whispers all around, with Amol shocked at her move, looking at his shirt and then at her..

Shristi smiled as if she had won over him and her revenge was served as she humiliated him in public..she turned to leave but Amol grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards him and then out of the cafe..people saw them leaving..

Shristi went with him smiling though her arm was hurting, but people were looking at them as they went from the crossroads to the building where Amol's flat was.. Meanwhile, he called her father to come to his home..

Her father agreed..Amol was literally dragging Shrishti after a distance of around 200 metres as she was tired of walking that too in healed sandals..

*************

5 years ago..

Sparkling Stars was a Talent Show. Its first season was on air for three months only..Shristi, being a skilled painter just like her dad, a famous painter in the city of Pune, took part in the competition as well..She wasn't professionally trained or had any bachelor's degree at eighteen she wanted to let the world know her dad and his skills..

It was her birthday wish and an award for impressive Class 12th results, to participate in this Talent Show..The show was being judged by famous business person, Vijay Naik and some celebrities..The format of Vijay Naik's show was simple to get many talents auditioned in three steps getting the most refined 25 talents in three weekends, judged by the team itself and then they would compete for top for another 8 weeks, seeking support from public via votes and then the winner will be chosen from the five finalists..

Shristi got auditioned and got recognised in the state and country too, but not for a long time. Everyone in the competition was overconfident about her getting into, even finals, but her race ended in the third step, where only 25 competitors were to be selected, one from each of the slots, in which contestants of the same interests were sorted..

She was heartbroken because of the reason for which the judges didn't approve her for the finals..all she believed was that Amol, being the son of Vijay Naik, didn't let her get into the final just because of a simple accident that happened on the day of judgement..

*************

The day of judgement, when the top 25 contestants were to be selected by the judges, was full of excitement and nervousness for Shristi. Amol was 19 and came alongwith his father to watch the show..

Amol liked Shristi not only as a performer who paints so well and knows how to act on stage, but also as a girl, who appeared simple and creative to him. When some of the participants got eliminated in first slots, they, out of anger, decided to take revenge on Vijay Naik, as he was the main Judge and there was no voting system till then..

Some of them locked him in the washroom while the program was being shot and he was trapped..Back then, Shristi first hesitated to enter Gents Toilet, but then when she heard her name being announced for the next performance, she rushed into the washroom, unlocked him not knowing who he was, and within a minute ran to the stage..all she knew was that the boy wore black clothes and an expensive watch..

She did her painting, got eliminated and saw the same boy smiling at her while she was standing heartbroken with her father after elimination..

**************

"What the hell is wrong with you..you are hurting me" Dolly shouted at him when they were about 50 metres away from his place and there was not much public..

Amol turned and looked at her once but then went into the building straight towards the elevator..Dolly was hesitating and trying to pull off her hand, but Amol's grip was strong..

It was obvious for Amol to behave the same, as Dolly's misunderstanding led her to humiliate him in public and Dolly had always believed that Amol misunderstood her for locking up in the washroom and then took revenge by asking her dad to eliminate her..

He entered the elevator. Instead of pressing the floor button, he immediately pressed the 'close door' button on the elevator and held it as he pushed the button for the 13th floor..making sure for the elevator to stop directly at the 13th floor rather than any floor..

Amol softened his grip on her wrist but was still holding her..Shristi closed her eyes hard and her fist too..

"You think I asked my dad to eliminate you five years ago and my dad would have taken my advice just because, as per you, I thought that I'd avenge myself and thought of you as the one who locked me there..huh!" Amol said, facing the closed doors of elevator and Shristi standing behind him..he looked at the mirrors of the elevator walls where Shristi as side face was reflecting but there was no reply and he kept on speaking..

"I'm not that narrow-minded and I even knew that who locked me up there, I'm not a fool and that quick to judge or get at conclusion..It was your father who asked me and my dad to eliminate you deliberately..we were against him as that was against the rules of the show but he insisted..He insisted saying that you are too young, not having any professional degree and he didn't want you to get heartbroken in case you get into finals and didn't win..my dad argued with him for being so reckless but god knows who told him that painters or other artists are not that potent to win than dancers and singers or gymnasts..he even sworr" Amol was explaining to her, moving his neck and the other hand just like the way he does when he gives judgement or speeches..

His eyes suddenly caught the dark red-point sized liquid on Shristi's closed fist and he turned to see it..it was blood..blood from Shristi's both fists..He looked at her she was standing with her eyes closed tight and face soaked with sweat and shivering limbs..He saw her fist, so tightly clenched that her long polished nails led blood to ooze out..

"Hey! Shristi!" Amol left her arm and grabbed her from her shoulder, shook her once, but she wasn't responding..in a minute, she loosed her balance and Amol was shocked, he grabbed her tight..her bag slid down her shoulder and he stopped it, got it out from her arm and wore around his neck, regretting for holding her arm so tight as the mark of his fingers was visible..

He picked her up in his arms, waiting for the elevator to open as he had already passed the 12th..he looked at her, she was still shivering and her arm dropped lifeless with her palms' blood starting to clot..

He rushed out of the elevator along with her.. People who were waiting for the elevator looked at him, surprised. When he entered his flat within a minute..he unlocked it with his fingerprints and went into the guest room, laid her down on bed..he switched on the fan and even the AC..

He was panicked about what happened to her. He went to the bathroom, grabbed the towel and tapped it on her face."Hey! Hey Shristi! Hey!" He said, tapping her cheek, but she just moved her eyeballs still with closed eyes..

"Your dad will be here anytime soon. Wake up dear! See you.. You are a well-known painter now and I am a good judge. You don't even need to participate in some show like 'Sparkling Stars' to gain popularity now.. I know you misunderstood me, but believe me, that was your father's wish. My dad was not even convinced, but when the other judges gave the final decision, you were the last one getting eliminated. I know at those moments I acted smiling as a reply to your father, who was happy rather satisfied with you being disheartened at a smaller level of the show only, than the finals", Amol said to her..

"All these years, I was always told by uncle that you cursed me and wanted your own fame and name to let me know one day and see I knew you..I adore your works and respect you..OK! If you are not going to reply to me now..let me tell you something really shocking..this could be breaking news if anyone else gets to know about this..Hey! Aren't you going to listen to it..open your eyes!" Amol was talking to her, sitting next to the bed..

Shristi's dad was in..he knocked at the main door, which was left open by Amol, and then entered in..he saw the first room's door open and Amol sitting next to Shristi, placing band-aids on her palms and turned to look at him..he stepped in calmly..

"Uncle, I don't know what happened to her..she just fainted in the.." Amol stood up to explain but got interrupted in the middle.."ELEVATOR" Shristi's dad said.."Yes, yes uncle..see she got blood here, digging her nails so hard..I'm sorry uncle..I was just so frustrated and dragged her all the way from cafe to here and told her the truth" Amol cried..

"She must be fine, nothing to worry about.. She is claustrophobic, but you were there, that's fine..she will be up in a minute or two..my innocent princess!" He told Amol, looking at her daughter and rolled his hand over her hair..

"But she didn't tell me..she would have told me to stop and we should take the stairs" Amol said while closing the first-aid box..

"I was trying hard to get my hand off..I told you that my hand was hurting but you kept on dragging me like any animal" Dolly said, trying to get up, and both her dad and Amol helped her..

"YOU HURTED MY DOLLY, I'LL SUE YOU!" Shristi's dad shouted at him, sitting near her and Amol was standing. He looked at him surprised..

"Drop your act dad! I know how casual you were acting a minute ago.. Why are you so frank with him?" Shristi questioned her dad..

"Look there, that's your painting, right? You painted 4 years old!" Her dad signalled towards the door, as the reply to her question..

"Yeah..that's one is also mine" Dolly was surprised to see her paintings on each wall of the room..she looked at Amol, he was looking around, acting like he didn't know anything..

She stepped out of the room carefully and was surprised to see many of her paintings there in Amol's house.. She found her recent painting of the 'cuddling  flamingos' which her dad took and sold to someone privately, not via her organisation she works in, to get money for her mother's medical bill when she suffered from breast cancer..

She was surprised to see it. She turned to look at her father and said, "Dad..this painting.." her dad and Amol were looking at her from the doorway of the guest room as she was going in and out of the rooms to see her own work..

"Yes, he took it, for 15 lakhs..and all these are sold via your company and he makes sure to get most of your paintings at any cost", Her dad replied, stepping towards her..

Shristi was deeply touched, she could see her dream come true before her. She hugged her father and said, "Dad, I told you, one day my paintings will be adored by people and will hang in their homes.. They will respect you and your teachings. I'll make you valuable". Her eyes were filled with happy tears as she said those words to her father, hugging him tight..

"Yes, that's true! You are my pride but I'm sorry!" He replied and she looked at him, stepped back, "What happened dad..why are you sorry?" Dolly asked her dad..

He wiped her tears just like he did when she was little and said, "I was quick at judgement, all I wanted was you not to get hurt in the competition, because of me..I knew you wanted me to feel proud and my name and work around the country, but you were so young..out of concern, I requested all the judges to eliminate you as soon as possible..yes..I only agreed for you to participate as I thought it would be some minor competition but then the popularity and some myths urged me to get you out as soon as possible..I'm sorry!"..

Shristi was listening carefully, she took a moment to realise what all she had assumed in her mind and Amol appeared kind and handsome to her all of a sudden.."Its all in the past dad, let it be.. See now, I'm blessed with everything and don't even need any show to gain fame and name" she replied calmly and her dad nodded, smiling..

She looked at Amol, who was looking at the father-daughter scene patiently, and stepped towards him, "I'm sorry!" Dolly said, but was embarrassed too about what all she did an hour ago.. She was looking at him while he said 'nevermind' and rushed to the innermost room of his house, probably the store room, while both father-daughter were left watching and waiting..

"Dolly..I know you are smart and an adult..I won't force you but just want to tell you my opinion. I believe Amol will be the best companion for you to live life with..I know him well.. He has been in contact for the last 5 years as he..he never wanted to be evil in your eyes.. He wishes well to you even after knowing that you hated and misunderstood him.. He is rich but humble too..he is.." Shristi's dad said to her. She was listening calmly while Amol was in..

"Here it is!" Amol came out with a bracelet in her hand and interrupted their talk.. He stepped towards her.."Shristi, that day, you lost this while helping me take it", he said, and forwarded his hand towards her..

Dolly looked at her father. He nodded.."Go ahead!" she forwarded her hand to him and smiled..Amol hesitated first, he looked at her dad and then smiled idiotically, he put it on her wrist..he was blushing..

"Thank you and sorry once again..Although 'sorry' is nothing before how I acted, but please forgive me for misunderstanding you" Shristi apologized.."I think this is getting too much..I'll be okay even if you paint something for me" he replied."Sure!" She  said smiling..

*************

A year later, Amol and Shristi got engaged..their marriage was arranged six months after the engagement and by that time they used to know each other better rather dating each other..

***************

After marriage..one random day..

"Amol, the day our misunderstandings were solved, you were about to tell me something that could be 'breaking news'..what was that?" Dolly asked, acting cute for a quick reply..

Amol opened his phone and started doing something on it.."Woah! You're ignoring me, great!" Shristi said and left..

"This was it!" Amol pulled her towards him and showed the article heading, "Mr Amol Naik, Superstar judge of the 'Sparkling Stars' Talent Show is in love?" and chuckled..Shristi smiled too and asked, "Were you in love with me that time also?"..

"Ofcourse! From the very first day I saw you, my Dolluu!" he replied, and Shristi blushed, looking at the painting she painted for Amol having them both in it..

The End

★★★★★★★★★★

Trust is the foundation of every relationship.. Sometimes the misunderstanding you have between yourself makes you regret that you lost your golden time which you would have spent together happily if you talked earlier.. It's the only thing that breaks or makes relationships, just like what happens between Amol and Shristi..

The father and daughter relationship is incomparable. They both are worlds to each other, where, on one hand, the father is the hero..superhero of the daughter's life.. On the other hand, a daughter is the most beautiful and kindest queen for a father..

Hope you enjoyed the story..the selfless love and care of father-daughter and unconditional love of Amol towards Srishti..the date they met on and the events that happened next..

If you liked it, do comment as you OPINION MATTERS!!

Do share!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.9K 1.3K 16
This book is a collection of short love stories. Highest rank- #5 in #shortstorycollection on 1st May'21 Are you a sucker for short romantic love sto...
186 4 18
A collection of stories and poems and such that I have written. More will be added as time goes on. Here is a list with what I have so far: Sky's...
281 1 40
I have already filled my previous writing scrapbook consisting of poetry and short stories from past years. This is a collection of all of my short s...
136K 3.4K 21
Some desi short stories stuck in my mind