𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎...

By MerryJane8

(ᴠᴀʀɪᴏᴜs sᴀɴs ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴀᴘʏʀᴜs ᴀᴜs x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ) ||ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ ɪ ɢᴏ ᴀɴᴅ sᴘᴏɪʟ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ʙʏ sᴀʏɪɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ sᴛᴜᴘɪᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ "ɪ ʟ... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
¿neppah siht did woH
Chapter 7
rewsnA
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
(.uoy tpecxe) evol dnif nac ydobynA
Chapter 12

Chapter 6

122 5 4
By MerryJane8

> ᴛᴡᴏ ᴘɪʟʟs ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʙᴏᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴏғ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄɪɴᴇ

"𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘐'𝘮 𝘥𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨."

Wednesday has finally arrived sooner rather than later. According to your calendar, that was the fateful day when you and your monster friend, Papyrus, planned to hang out. Anxious was an understatement to describe how you felt in the days leading up to today. It was like a pit of boulders weighing you down, the ache burning your liver and stomach into ash.

Now, it's not like you didn't want to see Papyrus in any shape or form, oh no! In fact, you have been looking forward to seeing him all week. It was the possibility of embarrassing yourself in front of someone so extroverted and well-put together in social settings that terrified you.

All day you've been doing nothing but cleaning every last speck of dust in every nook and cranny. Washing your laundry, cleaning out the dishes, vacuuming the floors. Heck, you even debated if you should repaint the walls since it displayed a slightly darker shade of white than normal. Yeah, you can totally renovate your entire house in like thirty seconds without breaking a sweat. Totally no sarcasm behind your honest words, none at all.

Although overly agonized it was the trick of the light, and you were going insane.

As much as you cleansed your apartment complex to its limits, the terrifying dread of a single overlooked chore lingered in the back of your head. But the longer you dwelled upon your home's tidiness, the more screws would loosen up around your head. On the brink of crashing right there and then while simultaneously ruining Papyrus' day. Now you were having second thoughts about flaking at him last minute.

You sneezed into your sleeve, taking a couple of tissues to wipe your nose. "Oh no..." You mumbled out. Of all the days, it had to be today. Well, it was technically your fault for not bringing your umbrella yesterday so the rain greedily made its way to your weak immune system. But still! Can't the germs wait an extra day? If only the nutrients from the sweets and instant cup ramen you've sustained yourself since moving out could save you now.

Stretch, as gentlemanly as he could, walked you home that night. You weren't as drenched as you recalled, but being in damp chilly clothes was not ideal. Especially when you cringed every time your shoe met a puddle a few centimetres deep. That day failed at being unpleasant, as you did enjoy the quietness of Stretch. He even gave you his number, just so you could gossip about the secret admirer together. His words, not yours. It was alarming to hear he was invested in such a trivial thing. Like a high school girl coming home to spill drama.

That was when you learned skeletons can teleport, well Stretch can you weren't sure about the rest of his relatives. Blipping out of existence faster than a blink of an eye. Can all monsters do that? That was pretty closed-minded of you but rest assured it was pretty cool. Oddly suspicious that if there was the possibility of him doing it multiple times, why not use it? Especially when it was raining?

Strange.

But here you were, suffering the consequences of your own actions.

Pulling whatever strength you had left, you made a beeline for the kitchen cabinets. Rummaging around to find your cluster of medicine bottles and tablets all in one basket. It wasn't the efficient way to store such valuable, and probably hazardous, essentials but you would worry about that later. Papyrus could walk in any moment now. Your fingers fiddled with the Panadol package, popping in two pills to ease the growing migraine. Dry swallowing like the absolute champ you were.

'This is fine.' You gingerly hoped. 'If I can survive a day at social interactions at work. I can do that at home too while I'm literally dying. Blindfolded too!'

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

Your body flinched, and a second later you scurried around to shove the medical basket back in its place. Taking one last look at your humble abode, a ray of determination flowed through your rapid heartbeat. Internally whispering encouragements as you walked to the door.

Who were you kidding (Y/N)? You've been patting down your outfit for the billionth time while shakily holding the doorknob. You might as well pass out from both your sickness and consternation!

But it's rude to keep your friend waiting...

But you genuinely don't want him to get sick too! You were not going to find out if human sickness is contagious to monsters.

But it was Papyrus, you didn't wanna come off as mean on your second meeting.

You felt another wave of a headache coming through.

Despite everything, it's still you and you are going to make the most of it. Whether a part of you liked it or not. You slowly swung out the door, peeking out your head. A friendly fellow beamed at you, dressed in his usual battle amour with layers of casual clothes over the top. The trademark ruby red scarf flowed behind him majestically. His dark eye sockets met your hazy ones, his cheerfulness washing over you.

"(Y/N)!" Papyrus exclaimed, "HOW HAVE YOU BEEN, FRIEND? I KNOCKED ON EVERY SINGLE DOOR HERE JUST TO FIND YOU! I THINK I MET YOUR LANDLORD, WHO KINDLY POINTED IN WHICH DIRECTION YOU LIVED." If your face wasn't already pale it would have kissed death right about now. You were sure that you sent Papyrus to the proper address, right? Oh no, you already caused him the trouble of finding your apartment without texting you. You quickly uttered a response to his first question, not before apologizing, but the skeleton didn't seem to mind one bit.

"DON'T WORRY! I WANTED TO GET A HEAD START ON POTENTIAL PAPYRUS FRIENDS IN YOUR LOVELY COMPLEX. I ALREADY KNEW WHICH APARTMENT YOU LIVED IN! NYEH HEH HEH!" You stiffed a laugh behind your hand. That was Papyrus alright, wanting to make friends left and right. The thought of him coming to visit you frequently while greeting your neighbours gave you a sense of peace, your heart now thumping to the rhythm of a slow drum.

He was a ball of energy when you invited him inside. His eye sockets scanned your quarters as you stood by him. "Sorry if there's any mess I missed. I normally don't have any visitors." You bit your lip at the sudden realization that you made yourself someone who's depressed and shut in with no friends. Well, there was some truther behind that, but still! It was hard to focus on all the good when your skin was starting to melt into an oozing slime.

"YOUR HOME IS VERY COZY." A smile crept on your face as you thanked him. Papyrus walked to the living room to set down his puzzles. You entirely forgot the reason why he came here in the first place, missing the detail that he was carrying a box set of them.

Before joining him, you went to the kitchen. "Do you want something to drink? I can make us both tea." He voiced his agreement, instantly chiming in to help you prepare it. You filled the kettle with water before turning it on. As much as he insisted, you told him to relax and make himself at home. This time you were going to be the host in your small party of two. This was no time to let your sickness get in the way of a potentially perfect day!

Getting out the finest China you had, a cute set of mugs you had in your favourite colour, you placed the teabags in. You took the time to spare a shaky look at Papyrus. His sockets were enamoured by the living room itself as he indulged himself in your past paintings. The skeleton was a tourist in the Louvre, a red gloved hand scratching his chin while squinting his sockets narrowly at each brush stroke you did on the blank canvas.

To be fair, it caught you by surprise when he swung his head in your direction. Your staring for what seemed like hours knocked the wind from your lungs. Yet he was unsuspecting of your curious gaze. "YOU'RE VERY TALENTED HUMAN (Y/N)." You sheepishly thanked him with a quiet whisper, your legs turning into jelly. Is that from the embarrassment or the sickness darkening your cheeks? "WHEN DID YOU START PAINTING?"

The kettle went off, signalling you to quickly switch it off. "When I was younger I loved to paint little things. I guess that inspired me to pick up art classes during school." You steadily poured in the hot mixture as you continued. "But it's nothing special." You brought over the two boiling hot beverages to the living room. You handed him his mug, murmuring that it was still a bit hot. He graciously thanked you, as settled your cup on the coffee table away from the anticipating puzzles and japes waiting to be solved.

The thought of dangerous events still floated in the back of your mind when Papyrus texted you that day. But surely it was all talk. The puzzles in front of you were just simple Rubik's cube and another that resembled a Tetris game...? You weren't really sure but the colors looked very appealing to you.

"B-But enough about me! How have you been, Papyrus? I only saw you once or twice at the store." You took a seat on your soft lush couch with him doing the same...? Well, the skeleton was sitting on the armrest of the couch, stiff as a board. You didn't want to question it, but you still gave small hints that he was allowed to get comfortable. Maybe it was the fact that he's so active during the day he's forgotten how to laze on any piece of furniture? But he looked happy enough, a large skeletal grin on his teeth.

"THE GREAT PAPYRUS HAS BEEN OFF DOING IMPORTANT DUTIES! YES! YES!" He let out a mighty shout. "I'VE BEEN KEEPING MY TITLE AS THE ROYAL MASCOT FOR MONSTERKIND AND THE AMBASSADOR'S GOVERNMENT SPY." Your eyebrows shot upwards. How did you not realize that connection the first time you met him? You just casually have a celebrity in your humble home, chatting away with tea and puzzles. You were sure that the second bit about the spy thing was slightly exaggerated but you were still heavily impressed. He flashed a smile, savouring your surprised look.

"YOU SHOULD MEET THE AMBASSADOR WITH ME! THEN WE CAN ALL TRY OUT MY NEWLY CALIBRATED PUZZLES!" He took a sip of the tea, humming in delight as the warm aroma hit his smooth cheekbones. Your lips stagnated a bit as you turned away. Reaching out to the warm surface of the glass, you pressed the edge to your lips. Take in small sips to ease your parched throat.

"I guess that sounds nice." You leaned back into the sofa, closing your eyes for a split second to engulf the warmth down your throat. The sweet taste of tea calmed the growing heat on your face, tempering and healing you to withstand the fever.

"WHAT KIND OF TEA IS THIS? I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER HAD THIS ONE BEFORE."

"Strawberry black tea. I wasn't sure what kind you wanted since-!" You sneezed abruptly, turning your head to blow into your elbow. The drink in hand jumped, and a single drop of hot liquid stained your shirt. Great now you were a sniffling mess in front of your guest.

Papyrus chipped in a polite "BLESS YOU!" as you excused yourself. He couldn't shake off the worried expression adorning his face as you assured him you were okay. However, another sneeze completely obliterated your words. How coinvent that either your fever was growing worst or something was talking about you. You harden your eyes, focusing your dizzy mindset on your friend. Half-lid eyelids sheepishly apologizing for your weakened state.

"S-Since this is only what I have." You sneezed again, almost dropping your mug. An uneven breath shook itself past your mouth. The heat scorching on your forehead blurred your mind. The sound of a clunk was heard when he set aside his tea. An unfocused image of bones approached you with caution. Red gloves slip off their hand, reaching in the direction of your temple. An audible gasp rang past your ears as his cool phalanges left your skin.

"YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME YOU WERE SICK, (Y/N)!" He grabbed the nearest tissue box, setting it aside from you. His voice was full of fret, inching his way next to you on the lush cushions. At least he was sitting properly. Ashamed, you ducked your head into your shirt like a turtle. Tapping your fingers on the handle of the cup of black tea.

"I...didn't want to ruin today. I really wanted to have fun with you. Even if I'm-" another sneeze, "even if I'm sick." And that was the honest truth. It was silly, like a child who wanted to go on a field trip when their parents said no. The thought of cancelling had been on your mind, yet you had the determination to push through. You just didn't expect Papyrus to catch on so quickly to your condition. Your face turned a shade of scarlet, embarrassed to continue.

"YOU SHOULDN'T NEGLECT YOUR HEALTH, FRIEND!" He pulled his mitts back in their rightful place. "I'M FLATTERED, BUT YOU'RE IMPORTANT TOO (Y/N)! I ALREADY LIKE YOUR COMPANY." If you weren't already a flustered mess then you might as well pass away. He was just...

...so cool!

A shaky breath left your lips, flinching at the sudden contact. You urged your worries that he could be infected but he laughed his signature laugh. "MY BODY IS IN PEAK SHAPE, I'VE NEVER CAUGHT A COLD WITH THIS BODY!" Was that normal? At this point, you had to expect the unexpected. Especially when the skeleton snatched the drink out of your hands. Throwing you to lie on the couch with one of the pillows under your head. You sputtered out his name at the sudden action but fell to deaf nonexistent ears.

"WHERE IS YOUR ROOM SO I CAN FETCH MORE BLANKETS?"

"My room is down the hall on your left." You weakly pointed behind you, "B-But!"

He was already zipping past you the moment you opened your mouth.

What a day, hm?

✧༺♥༻∞

There you were, snuggled up in layers of softness like a burrito. A cool damp towel on your forehead with a box of tissues to your side. How did a day of japes, high and low jinx, and possibly deadly puzzles lead you to be nursed by your friendly neighbourhood skeleton?

Although your negative mindset eating you up time and time again, Papyrus was really keen on setting himself to be the role of your caregiver. He was efficient, staying alert every time you coughed into the sheet of your blankets. He actually did a job well getting your needs. Placing a water bottle by your side, changing the small cloth every now and then. You made sure he knew where your medicines were, but he was already a few steps ahead of you, rushing out your door to the chemist.

You tried to stop him, or at least send him some money. But he refused, putting your health as his utmost priority. The debt you owed him was enormous at this point. You could only awkwardly smile at him as he made a quick errand, returning back before you could say spaghetti. He really didn't have to go to such great lengths for someone he barely knew, but the monster was so insistent. Your heart must have clenched at his heroic acts, even if it was small it was a massive favour to you.

You were touched by his gestures, yet guilt washed over you.

You still wanted to try out the puzzles he brought over, that was the whole point of today!

"You don't have to take care of me, Papyrus." Your raspy voice whimpered in the air. You tried to sit yourself up but his stronger grip overpowered your body, slowly pushing you down. The monster grabbed the towel from your head. Dipping it into a new ice water slurry to wash and rinse out of, but your pleading eyes never left him. A pout on your lips, salvaging today's plans.

"FRET NOT, (Y/N)! AS YOUR COOL SKELETON PAL IT'S MY DUTY THAT YOU'RE IN TIP-TOP SHAPE SO WE CAN HANG OUT MORE." He folded up the fabric, laying it flat on your now cool forehead. You could object, but he sent a Hollywood wink at you, silencing your cries. On the bright side, your fever has been at bay, still attacking your immune system, but was decreasing in its battle plans. Sweat gathered in between the wrinkles of your clothes as your breathing slowed into tiny occasional huffs. Your body was still set ablaze, but the sensation of ice on your forehead prevented you from fainting.

"WHEN SANS WAS SICK I ALWAYS COME PREPARED TO TAKE CARE OF HIM! SO TAKING CARE OF A SICK HUMAN SHOULDN'T BE THAT HARD." What a reliable sibling, those two. He was just as animated as the said skeleton, gushing about each other in their own loveable ways. The smile on his teeth was everlasting, illuminating the room to pierce through the darkness. "MY BROTHER STARTED A SOCK COLLECTION RECENTLY. HOW SADDENING... SOMETIMES I WONDER WHAT HE WOULD DO WITHOUT A COOL GUY LIKE ME. NYEH HEH HEH!"

"Thank you, Papyrus." You mumbled from the sheets. "I'm not sure how you do it, but I'm starting to feel a little bit better. You'd make a pretty good doctor." You chuckle to yourself.

"ANYTIME, (Y/N)!" You'd almost mistake him as an angel leading you to the pearly white gates if the sun shone on his back. A tiny smile formed on your lips, taking in his touch that left a ghostly kiss. Your eyes drew close to the coffee table again. The cube stared back at you, your mind itching in response.

"I feel bad we didn't get to solve your puzzles." A shy whisper left your lips. "Can... you show me how it works?" His eye sockets lit up like Christmas lights, eagerly sitting on the floor in front of you as he held up his prized possessions. His hand held the Rubik's cube to your inquisitive stare. His legs bounced like butterfly wings as he sat cross-legged in front of you. A hand on his knee, almost like he was itching to explain the mechanics of his genius.

On closer inspection, the colours were sorted into X's. Individually in its respected color-coded nature. "THE GOAL IS TO TURN THE X's," He fiddled with the box for a moment before showing his admirable work, "INTO O's!" Like magic, He simultaneously shifted one side of the die into a perfect "o" shape, without any mismatched hue in sight. Impressed, your eyelids pulsed into wide circles for a split second.

"FRISK, THE AMBASSADOR, WAS ALWAYS GOOD AT PUZZLES BUT I'M SURE THAT THIS WILL STUMP THEM! CURRENTLY, I HAVE FORTY NINE WINS AND FIFTY LOSSES!" A giggle surpassed your lips. What an interesting relationship he had with the ambassador, maybe it was worth a shot to meet them after all.

He told his stories about them, dating back to when he was back in the underground. You caught yourself chuckling at how many times his plans always backfired due to the child's cleverness. He was so keen on capturing Frisk but ended up going on a date with them in the process. You held your slight distaste at that but rest assured everything was clearly platonic. Deeming he had no feelings for them whatsoever. But they both remained great friends, still wanting to care for the child like the mascot/government spy he was.

A wave of deja vu crossed your mind.

Papyrus always had a story to tell you, not letting a single moment of silence hold the conversation. Although he was loud and boastful at times, his voice softened the more he talked about whatever was on his mind. From the misadventures, he has at his workplace to Sans's weird sock collection in his room. It almost lulled you to sleep, along with the occasional clacks and shifts of the cube in his hand as he spoke to you. It looked about almost done.

A satisfied exclaim came from him as he finished his own puzzle in record time.

Your body rose, setting aside the damp fabric into the bowl for a second. The body of sheets draped around your shoulders like a cape as you held out your hand to him. "Here let me." The skeleton tilted his skull to the side for a moment, looking down at his hands. Although a bit apprehensive of your sickness, he nodded resetting the puzzle in an instant before handing it to you.

Again you weren't the most brainiac type, but you could see creative genius from a mile away. It took you a while, making a few mistakes here and there but Papyrus encouraged you every step of the way. You weren't as fast as him, but you managed to get one side into an "O".

"Like this?"

"WOWIE! YOU SOLVED A SIDE WITHOUT MY HELP!" He pat your back, even it was a small achievement, a win was a win. You greatly admired how his sockets would turn into the galaxy as he watched you fiddle with the device. The cogs in your brain turned as you strategized your next move.

"You know, even you're supposed to have all sides the same colour," you began turning another row, "I like this way better. It's more fun." Your cheeks were hurting from how large your lips were to the side as you finally tackled another face of the cube. You held it up to Papyrus, who congratulated you on your efforts. A tinge of orange graced his cheekbones slightly, flashing an award-winning smile.

"NYEH HEH HEH! JUST ANOTHER ONE OF ME, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WELL-CRAFTED MASTERY!" His scarf flew in the imaginary wind, earning another light-hearted chuckle. Whatever pestering thoughts you had this morning vanished in an instant, too distracted with the merry vibe between two SOULs. Sick or not, Papyrus still held the casual mood to uplift your spirits. He leaned in close, pulling off his red mittens again to check your temperature. This time he went to your neck, the back of his palm pressed up your skin. You held back a giggle, biting back from how ticklish you were.

A ball of positive energy was once a theory was now a working reality, right before you. You had to thank the rain for making you sick. Not that you wouldn't enjoy his company nonetheless if you were well! It was just the fact that seeing Papyrus so, calm and collective around you. Whenever he's not bouncing off the walls or vocally voicing whatever is on his mind, observing how sometimes you'd catch him so entranced by his puzzles or just the painting around you. It made you feel some sort of unity in your heart.

The same feeling you've been feeling since you've met him and his cousins. You couldn't quite put your finger on it. And you weren't jumping to conclusions that you're suddenly helplessly in love with any, or more, all of them! But the calming sense of togetherness blessed the troubles you had.

And you had no right to refuse such an act. Was it the fact that he's been nursing you back to health that made you more open to him emotionally? Or was it the fact you owed him your life after this?

Deep down you promised yourself to return the favor after he went to such great lengths. You almost caught yourself ogling him more if you didn't look away in embarrassment. Pulling the covers to your nose with a cowardly look.

Before you could open your mouth your stomach did all the talking. A minute of awkward silence followed as you both stared at each other. You broke away the eye contact, rubbing the blankets between your fingertips.

"U-Um.."

"THIS CALLS FOR THE ULTIMATE FORM OF MEDICINE!" His spine shot to the roof, scrounging to your kitchen in the blink of an eye. You called out to him, unsure to let him do his thing.

"What are you doing?"

"MAKING SPAGHETTI OF COURSE!" The clashing of pots and pans instantly made you tumble to your feet. Not before kissing the floor in the process with a hard thud. Groggily standing up using your arms, you threw a layer of your fuzzy blanket behind you like a makeshift cape. Shuffling to your kitchen to find the energetic lad throwing a large pot onto the stove with high heat. Actually, it's at a setting equivalent to the sun! Can your stove even produce such hellish fires?

Apprehensively distraught as Papyrus was deep in your fridge, muttering to himself with a finger on his chin. You used this time to lower the heat. A cluster of vegetables and an assortment of carbs were thrown on the kitchen counter. You had to swiftly grab a rolling tomato before it hit the ground. Your eyes just stared at him in disbelief, the skeleton unfazed by what potential destruction could have happened in your humble abode.

"(Y/N)! LET ME HANDLE THE SPAGHETTI. YOU'RE STILL UNWELL!" Although he was pushing you back to the safety of your couch, you refused. Planting your feet firmly on the title's ground.

"Papyrus, as much as I like your spaghetti, I can't eat it while sick." Your heart cursed at you, watching the light die behind his sockets just for a moment. He tilted his head at you, still gripping on whatever ingredients he could find in your fridge. Your last batch of butter and cheese, in an iron hold.

You bit your lip, the sound of boiling water made the tension in the air as thick as mud. "Humans can't eat spaghetti when sick, Papyrus." You clutch your stomach, "I might end up throwing up." You awkwardly laugh, afraid to meet his eye sockets. It was true, although it is recommended to eat carbs having too much of mixtures of the fat contents and oils in it did leave you running to the bathroom once or twice. His disappointed face broke your heart into a million pieces, your orbs looking left and right to find an alternative.

An idea popped into your mind, making your way to the cabinets to pull out a simple tin can of chicken soup. You handed it to him as a confused "NYEH?" was uttered. "Here, use this instead. It's chicken soup."

"SOUP?"

"Yeah, it's like the best cure for me right now." You looked down at him with steady eyes. "Can you help me cook this?"

And that he did. With a mighty fist in the air along with his culinary wits he proclaimed to make the best soup possible for you. He was so determined to cook such a simple dish that he threw all the unnecessary food from the kitchen counter back into your refrigerator in one massive haul. He had to shut the doors for a good five seconds so none of the contents would spill out.

Only the commotion of rummaging items clattered, smashed glass subsequently came next before dying down to an unnerving silence. You both looked at each other, Papyrus coughed into his fist as you just gawked at him.

"I'LL... FIX THAT AFTER WE'RE DONE WITH THE SOUP!"

You prayed that your landlord wouldn't storm into your apartment from the possible noise complaints you'll be getting.

You instructed him to gather the simple ingredients. The pot was already out, boiling the water which was pretty good. So what was left was a few root vegetables and of course the tin of the chicken soup stock itself. It seemed pretty simple enough, not much prep time and there was enough for the two of you. Having dinner with a skeleton sounds lovely.

As persistent as you were to help Papyrus prep the vegetables, he only ushered you to stay back. Grabbing whatever utensils you had to either dice, chop, peel or even wash said ingredients. He indicated that you might hurt yourself in the process, let alone contaminate the food. You were touched by his caring nature but seeing him completely obliterate the carrots with the knife made you think otherwise. You were more terrified that he'd hurt himself instead if he kept swinging the knife like that.

"LOOK (Y/N)! I CAN CHOP THESE WITH MY EYE SOCKETS CLOSED!"

"Wait- Papyrus! NO!"

You ended up supervising him so he wouldn't lose a finger or two. Sitting by the kitchen counter, eyeing him as he poured in the items in the pot. You carefully instructed him on a few kitchen tips you learned in the past. From whatever cooking videos that popped up in your feed or shows that occasionally flashed by on TV.

"NORMALLY I WOULDN'T PREPARE SUCH A DISH LIKE THIS BUT IF YOU INSIST!" An awkward sigh came out of you, as you tried to justify your actions. He carefully cut each ingredient just by the book, he seemed to get the hang of it. And by that you mean he wasn't mindlessly chopping up every bit in sight like it was Fruit Ninja. He let out a gasp, however, stopping midway in his slicing.

"WHAT WOULD UNDYNE THINK OF ME IF SHE SAW ME LIKE THIS? I DON'T WANT TO FAIL HER!" You raised a brow.

"Undyne?" At the mention of his friend, he grinned, nodding his head enthusiastically. "SHE WAS THE ONE WHO TAUGHT ME HOW TO COOK AFTER ALL! HER TEACHINGS ARE WHAT MADE ME INTO A CULINARY GENIUS!" So that explains one loophole. You didn't want to judge whatever lessons she might have given him, but you deducted that she was just as...ardent as he was in the kitchen. Yet, it was endearing to hear he had dear friends to cook for and with. It was sweet of him to show him the ropes to cook for his family, even to an extreme degree.

"Well..." Shit, you needed to come up with an excuse so he couldn't burn your whole apartment down. "All chefs need to know every cooking style to call themselves a culinary genius." He seemed unconvinced at your words. You could already feel sweat sliding down your forehead as you paced around your words. "There are times you need to cook really fast for your guests in a rush, but right now, there's no need for that."

"WHERE'S THE PASSION IN THAT?" He asked, baffled. Papyrus was a really fast learner. You caught sight of him whipping out his notebook and pen as he jotted down your words like it was scripture. They were just simple things such as holding the knife and taking your time. But he seemed reluctant by your words, conflicted on whether or not to follow through with it.

You could only offer him a patient smile. "There is still passion, but it's a different kind. The one where you need to take your time or else it'll be ruined. You got to be really tender and caring about what you're preparing." The cup from earlier was now emptied, as you drew it away from your lips. Papyrus finished chopping up the rest of the ingredients, placing them in the pot as he used the ladle to stir. "It may be really slow and tedious at first but it'll be worth it when it's hot and delicious."

You made your way next to him as you snagged a spoon on the way. You were still reluctant to contaminate the soup so you were extra cautious about taking a spoonful. You brought the metal spoon to your lips, taking a small sip. Your eyes widened, an indescribable taste overflowing your tastebuds. "Yep, I can taste the passion in this." A smile graced your lips. "Well done, Papyrus!"

The skeleton mirrored your actions, patting your back in appreciation. A bit too hard since you almost had the wind knocked out of you. Papyrus clapped his hands up and down to rid of any grim, before dunking them under the sink. He began washing the dishes, leaving you with set-up duty. You began to set up the table, two bowls with spoons. You made a beeline for the fridge to take a jug of cold water, not before eyeing the display before you.

Luckily whatever Papyrus hastily threw in there earlier was still intact. You quickly organized your ice box, not before taking out the desired items for later. "Oh, I forgot," you gasped taking out two containers, "this was supposed to be for today." You frowned placing the two neatly packaged boxes on the side. Papyrus was already done with the dishes, eyeing the mysterious components with a curious glint.

You carefully opened the lid as attentively as you could.

"YOU CAN'T HAVE SWEETS WHEN YOU'RE SICK (Y/N)!" He scolded taking one of the tubs away from you. You could only laugh at his heightened state, playfully pouting at him.

Vanilla-flavoured cakes with strawberry icing, a piece of red fruit neatly set on the still pink surface. You bought these from your corner store just before you left yesterday. You figured that a nice slice of cake would set the scene nicely with your small hang-out.

Look where that left you.

But still, you didn't want to make it go to waste! It was your favourite after all!

"You can have this slice." You picked the strawberry from his reach. Despite him moving away, you effortlessly won, grinning victoriously at your dominating height against him. popping it into your mouth with the pedicle left in your fingertips, swallowing the fruit down your throat "I can still eat the strawberry." You giggled as he groaned.

You rolled your eyes. "C'mon head chef, it's soup-er safe for me to eat when sick." Another giggle, but he wasn't so amused. Narrowing his sockets he slapped a hand to his forehead.

"OH MY GOD REALLY?! DID SANS GIVE YOU THAT PUN?!"

"Maybe..."

What a day, hm?

> ᴛᴡᴏ ᴘɪʟʟs ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʙᴏᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴏғ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄɪɴᴇ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀᴅᴅᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ sʜᴏᴘᴘɪɴɢ ᴄᴀʀᴛ!

(Edited???) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 462 13
[Underswap Papyrus x reader] You have a secret. You are the last of your kind, shapeshifter / Human hybrid. The very culmination of your being consta...
30.6K 647 13
An au sanses x MONSTER reader x au papyruses? Papyri? A fanfiction, it is not self-indulgent. So if your just lookin for some fanfiction to put yours...
3.5K 195 24
You were the assistant to Alphys, her co-worker tinkered on a very curious machine in the same department you worked at, incidentally that co-worker...
5.3K 211 38
You, a Witch, owned a potion shop in Ebott city where Monsters, Humans and supernatural beings lived in relative harmony. You had once had a chance e...