Sometimes Hate is Enough

By auroranequam

The story follows the events of the night when Arnav tried to force Khushi into marrying him. More

Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue I
Epilogue II

Chapter 01

11.7K 272 20
By auroranequam

Khushi

I tried to blink back the tears, but they fell as he continued.

"I won't let your sister get married to my brother if you don't marry me." His voice, cold as ice, while rage glinted in his dark eyes as he stared at me.

I stared at him with shock as my body started to shake. Panic, I think...but I wasn't sure because all I could do was stare at him while he slowly paced the length of the pool. Waiting for my answer, I think...

"I don't have all night for you." His voice came from my left as he continued pacing like he hadn't just blackmailed me. He hadn't just threatened to call off my sister's wedding.

"Why...are you doing this?" My voice, low and shaking as I managed to ask him while fear clouded my thoughts. Fear...of what he would do if I said no.

He stopped pacing and turned to me before walking up to me and standing behind me as I stared down at the ground. My throat tightened as shivers of fear ran through my body.

"I am not entitled to answer your questions." He spoke in my ear. I almost stumbled and tried to get away, but he held me in place by gripping tightly on my arms. A whimper escaped from my mouth as his hold got tight enough to make my bones ache with pain. "Now...how much time are you going to waste before agreeing?"

He finished it, like he was asking a question. But I knew he wasn't. I knew he was telling me that I didn't have any other option but to agree.

"Your sister is waiting to get married." He spoke in my ear as I struggled to get away from him. "Akash won't marry her until I go downstairs. Hurry up, Ms. Khushi Kumari Gupta. I don't have all night for your nonsense."

He finished and pushed me away from him. I tripped on my skirt and gripped the sliding door separating the bedroom from the poolside for balance and stood there with shaking legs.

I took in a shuddering breath as tears streamed down my face while I tried not to sob from the aching pain growing inside me. Someone...please stop this pain...Please help me.

I need to get away from here. I...I need to get away from him. I...have to get away. I...

He again pulled me by gripping my forearm and turned me to face him. He held me so close by twisting my arm around my back that our noses almost touched. My breath got hitched with fear as I looked up at him at the same time he did.

Something like emotions were seen on his face and in his eyes, but before I could understand...it vanished like it was never there.

"Answer m..."

"No!" My voice, lower than a whisper.

He looked taken back by my sudden answer, but before he could say anything else, I gathered all the strength I possibly could in my already shaking body and pushed him away from me.

"You..." He spoke as his eyes got a little wide with shock, but soon they were replaced with rage.

"No!" I cut in while slowly shaking my head and looking up at him before slowly walking backwards. "I won't marry you. I...I won't."

I fisted the sides of my skirt, turned on my heels, and ran through his room to downstairs as tears blinded my vision. I can't let Jiji get married in a house like this. I can't let her get married to someone who will always listen to his brother over her happiness. She deserves better. She...she deserves better.

"Stop this wedding." I said as I rushed the last few stairs, his heavy foot falls sounded behind me. Following.

"Khushi?" Amma called me, her voice worried, but I avoided her and went straight for Jiji, who was looking at me with her brows pulled together and confusion lining her features.

"Khushi ji, what..." Anjali Ji's voice came from somewhere behind me, along with others' confused and angry voices but I avoided it.

I looked at Jiji in the eyes as she stared at me with her lips slightly parted, waiting for me to say something. But I looked at her for a second before turning to the man she was going to marry.

"If you had to choose between your family and Jiji...who would you choose?" My voice slightly shook, while his brows started to tug in between, hinting at his confusion.

"Khushi, what kind of childish behavior is this?" Amma said as she stepped beside me. But I kept looking at Jijaji, because it was important for me to know if he really loved Jiji enough or not. It was important before I gave an answer to Arnav Ji, who stood a few steps behind Jijaji while glaring at me. If Jijaji just said he would choose her over everything, then I would marry Arnav Ji without saying a word and save their marriage from being called off.

"What kind of question is that, Khushi?" Jijaji asked he glanced behind me, then back at me. Say you will choose her. Please say it.

"Answer me." I said, firmly as my whole body shook. I know I was asking for a lot, but... please say it.

"How can I choose between my family and Payal?" He asked, and a hint of irritation sounded in his voice. Just say it. I know you love her.

"Okay... maybe it was too much to ask." I nodded while swallowing dryly and glanced over his shoulder before looking back at him. "Who will you choose if you have to choose between Arnav Ji and Jiji?"

"Khushi." Jiji's voice came quietly from behind me as her fingers gently touched my arm, but I slightly flinched at the sudden stinging pain, and she hurriedly retrieved her hand. "Why...why are there bruised marks on your arms?...Khushi?" Neither did I turn to her or answer her.

"Ay, Khushi. Why are you asking these childish questions? I know you love Payaliya a lot, but come down from the mandap right now." Bua Ji said, from next to Babu Ji.

"How can I choose between them? You know I love them both. Why..." Jijaji replied. And I had my answer there.

"You will choose Arnav Ji and your fami..." I answered for him while looking into his eyes as they widened at my statement.

"Khushi Bitiya." Nani Ji interrupted me in a soft yet firm voice, clearly asking me to stop. But I didn't.

"And you claim to love my sister more than anything else in the world and promise to do anything for her." I said as I took a single step closer and noticed Arnav Ji closing by. "But the truth is, you will never go against your family's wishes and will always do whatever they ask you to do." I paused for a second. "Even if they tell you not to get married to Jiji until they give permission." My gaze flickered to Arnav ji before I turned them back.

"What are you saying?" Amma gripped my arm, but I kept my eyes fixed on Jijaji.

He nervously looked over his shoulder to Arnav Ji, who came to stand next to him and placed a hand on Jijaji's shoulder without taking his eyes off me.

"Khushi..." Arnav Ji said my name, like a warning. "Stop this nonsense."

I took a deep breath as I felt the same cold shivers of fear running down my body. Don't be afraid. He can't...do anything in front of everyone, right?

I turned my eyes back to Jijaji. He looked at me pleadingly as his Adam apple wobbled. And I knew he wouldn't say a word.

"Why? Didn't...you threaten to break Jiji and Jijaji's wedding if I didn't marry you? I should at least confirm he will keep her happy." I replied and saw Jijaji's eyes widening as he turned to his brother in shock. So, he didn't know. I glanced at Arnav Ji and found him already looking at me with his jaws clenched.

Wetting my lips, I finally turned to Jiji behind me, who was staring at me, eyes wide.

"Do you want to marry someone who isn't even able to take the decision to marry you without his brother telling him to do so?" I asked her in a low voice as I took her hands in mine but didn't look at her in the eyes. "Do you want to...be with someone who will never choose you over his family, even if they are wrong and you're right?"

I felt a hand gripping my arm as a tear fell from my eyes, but I didn't move, nor did I turn to see who it belonged to. Murmurs started around us. Soon it turned into voices demanding what kind of sister I was, and many other acquisitions followed. But I pushed all those voices away while keeping my head bowed and eyes squeezed shut as I waited for a single voice, which I yearned to hear...reach me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

486K 22.8K 37
A story about multimillionaire and a girl who hates men completely.
39.5K 3.3K 29
A short story on Arshi
470K 17.8K 36
The story is based on ISS PYAAR KO KYA NAAM DHOON. It begins after Diwali night,which forces Khushi to see things differently and to fight for her fa...
76.4K 3.8K 20
ASR FALLS FOR KHUSHI AT FIRST SIGHT AND WANTS TO MAKE HER HIS. WILL SHE ACCEPT A MAN WHO HATED THE WORD MARRIAGE? WILL DADI WHO TREASURE KHUSHI LET A...