Skylanders: Found

Oleh NapsStrikesAgain

In summary, this story is a continuation of the Skylanders Lore. I'm taking aspects from all Skylanders conte... Lebih Banyak

1. The Announcement
2. Glumshanks
3. Hugo
4. Legends in the Making
5. The Underdog
6. Journey Beginnings
7. The Spirito Souls
8. The Lake of Legends
9. Sporadic
10. Exhaustion
11. Mags
12. The Astronave
13. Sailing to Salvation
14. Leviathan Lagoon
15. Squidbeard & Rustbeard
16. Bowhead
17. Legacy of the Phantom Tide
18. Mushroom River
19. Shattered Island
20. Castle in the Sky
21. The Story of Violet Doom
22. Fishing Misadventures
24. The Lost Ally
25. The Discarded Skylander

23. Dealing with the Devil

35 2 1
Oleh NapsStrikesAgain

The crew of the Astronave all gathered together, still docked in the re-shattered Shattered Island. "The kind mabu of Shattered Island have mustered together some supplies for us," announced Captain Luci, "and we've managed to get started on a few minor repairs. I'd also like to announce the arrival of Bungo and Bert to our crew," she stated, turning to two mabu anxiously looking around at all of Spirito Souls. While Bungo wore the traditional blue jumper that one would often see a mabu such as himself wearing, Bert had himself a rather fancy red velvet waistcoat and white shirt. The two gave a wave and then scuttled off into the lower decks of the ship.

"Where to next, then?" Chill questioned, an eyebrow raised. Cali and Luci looked at one another and then pulled out a map and laid it across the floor. Chill indulged by stepping on one of the corners to stop it from unravelling.

"As has been for some time," Luci answered, "we'll continue to head for the nearest Sky Train station. Yet, if the need arises, there are still plenty of islands we could stop off at on the way."

"Plus," added Cali, "we've identified a problem. While we have many bases covered with our crew, I've seen firsthand that this threat to Skylands is having direct effect on the spirito souls, who make up the majority of our crew. Bungo and Bert, bless their souls, were the best we could get our hands on here, but maybe we'll be able to pick up more crewmates along the way with, uh, more polish."

"So," asked Stump, sat beside Chill, "what options do we have?" He'd left the ambition of somehow resecuring his leg behind and had left his leg in his quarters. It might take time, he knew, but growing a new leg could be just as rewarding.

"Sunrock Village is situated not far off course," replied Luci, pointing to a mountainous set of islands on the map.

"That dusty old place?" Shroom Boom interrupted, looking slightly disgusted, "No thank you!" Thumpback, sitting nearby in a Bowhead, leaned over.

"I'm not sure we'd find anything useful there, would we?" He asked, scratching his head. Cali put a hand to her chin and thought of her own trip to Sunrock Village and of the Oracle. While she considered speaking out about the Oracle and suggesting they could possibly ask him for help, she recalled that his ambitions seemed only to be in trying to become omniscient to everything that has happened, is happening and ever will happen. If he had succeeded, there was nothing left that the Skylanders could bargain with. Instead, she pointed out another island.

"If we'll find skilled workers anywhere, it'll be the Mystic Mill," she suggested, "It might be a little on the out-of-our-way side of things, but could ultimately help us out a bunch." Stump Smash rolled his eyes.

"If you're going to that wretched place, count me out," he uttered. Luci make a noise of frustration and stood tall.

"We need to be decisive," Luci commanded. "Unless anyone can think of a better plan, I thin-"

"I have a suggestion," Shroom Boom interrupted. Chill's intrigue peaked up.

"This'll be good," she muttered, shaking her head. Shroom Boom hopped down and stood atop the map. For a few moments, he moved as if looking for something. Eventually, he stopped suddenly and pointed down to the map.

"Uh, Shroom," Thumpback replied after a few moments, "there's nothing there." Indeed, it was true; there was a clear absence of land where Shroom's hand was situated. And yet, he just shook his head and smiled.

"Oh, but there is!" Shroom exclaimed, "Trust me; if you need an extra pair of hands, I think I know someone who will be right here." Cali and Chill looked sceptical. Luci examined it.

"How peculiar. You say there's an island right here?" Luci asked Shroom Boom, looking directly towards his eye. Without hesitation, he nodded. "Alas, I think I must go with Cali's suggestion of Mystic Mill. It has much promise." Shroom frowned briefly before nodding and stepping back.

"Cap'n," spoke Squalo.

"Yes?" Replied Luci, looking up at once.

"Why don't me, Shroom, Thumpback and Stump go to the unmapped destination?" He suggested, causing Shroom Boom to begin staring with hope to his Captain. After some moments of silent, Luci spoke once more.

"I'll allow it," she decided, "but you must meet us at Mystic Mill at your earliest convenience!"

"Cap'n!" Squalo agreed, saluting, before hopping aboard Bowhead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once all was prepared, both ships headed off towards their destinations. Chill, once more, found herself working hard as a member of the crew, tying the odd knot here, pulling a rope here and there, scrubbing the deck; to Chill it was all in the Skylanders service. While she always remembered her days within the Avalanche's grand crew with much fondness, she had not anticipated quite how much she'd missed the feeling that came with it. She felt a part of herself return to her on the Astronave.

Yet, at the end of a long day of work, Chill allowed herself to rest. However, knowing Chill well comes with the knowledge that Chill does not rest. Not ever, not truly. No, there's always a purpose with Chill. She will sleep to be ready to fight again, she will play to win and she will only let her guard down in order to fool the enemy.

"Go fish," she decreed. The table shook and there was a yell of frustration.

"But ye asked me for sevens only moments ago, ye cheating land whale!" Yelled Squidbeard as he threw his fist at the table.

"You're getting forgetful in your old age, tentacle breath," Chill replied, giving a slightly smug smile. Squidbeard, a snarl on his face still, violently grabbed another card from the central pile and added it to his deck. "So, are you enjoying your confinement?" Chill asked the pirate. He gave her a hateful glance.

"Oh yes, I do adore being tied up in chains," he replied, shaking them about. "You'll rue the day you tied Squidbeard in chains... When I escape-"

"IF," Chill corrected, "you forget that you'll have to make it past me."

"A little sea pickle like yourself will be no match for my anger-fuelled cutlass," Squidbeard replied, "...now take your turn."

"Fine," she agreed, "You got any kings?"

"FISHSTICKS!" He yelled, launching three cards across the table towards Chill, "You're as slippery as a seadog." Chill collected the cards and placed the set upright on the table.

"Shall I take that as a compliment?" She teased, "Now, tell me: where would Rustbeard go? He's abandoned his captain, lost his ship and his crew. Where's he got left to go?" She fiddled with her cards. "Got any twos?"

"Go fish," roared Squidbeard. "If you think that I'll betray ol' Rustbeard, you're mistaken, girlie. There's nothing more sacred than the loyalty between two pirate comrades." He leaned back in his chair and allowed the chains to loosen their grip on him. "B'sides," he continued, "you underestimate him greatly. Got any aces?"

"Underestimate him how...?" Chill raised an eyebrow, passing over an ace to the pirate. "Rustbeard has always had my admiration. He'd beat you in a fight any day, for certain."

"Hey hey, I could hold my own against Rustbeard!" Yelled the squid, "Who do you think taught him how to swing a cutlass like that? All me, baby," he looked at his cards, "Got any nines?"

"Go fish. So, what, he's got another ship out there is that it?" Chill asked, organising her cards.

"Oh yes," Squidbeard revelled, "and another few besides that."

"A fleet, huh?" Chill asked, "Got any sevens?" A smile arrived upon her face as her opponent's eyebrows began to descend.

"AGH!" He yelled, giving away his three sevens. "YOU CHEAT, YOU MANIPULATIVE LITTLE LEECH! YOU SLIMY, !!" He crossed his arms. With his golden hook being seen as too dangerous to be left on, it had been removed and sat in a box elsewhere in the cargo. Instead, there was a flaccid glove which he had no way to operate. It amused Chill, though, as he often threatened her with it before forgetting his hook had been removed.

"What can I say? I'm just a natural at this, I guess," Chill gloated. "After the fall of the empire, I travelled around a lot with various crews. Let's just say I was taught by the best."

"Not that Dreadbeard fella?"

"The one and only," Chill replied. Squidbeard roared with laughter.

"So," he eventually managed to inquire, "you were in a pirate crew back in the day?" He cackled.

"Let's leave that one between us, shall we?" She said standing up. He raised an eyebrow.

"So that's it, is it?" He asked, "Letting me get back to my solitude without even finishing our game?" Chill rolled her eyes, but smiled.

"I know you're thick as a sunfish, so I'll spell it out for you," she explained, "It's my turn, yes?"

"Yes."

"I've got one card, right? And you've got three. And we've taken all cards from the pile."

"That's right; are you going to get to the point?"

"Okay, fine, have it your way: Squidbrain, you got yourself any threes?" He punched the table and handed all his cards over. Chill lined up her 10 piles of card before her and compared that to Squidbeard's three.

"You cheated," Squidbeard muttered.

"You wish," smiled Chill before she pulled herself up the ladder.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

9.1K 291 21
This is a GreenWind fanfiction ((Morro and Lloyd)) ((From Ninjago)) It takes place in an alternate universe. So it doesn't have too much to do with t...
18.9K 268 20
Kiyomi was a normal girl who lived an ordinary life in the modern day world. But one day she wakes up as a dragon! She encounters Kaos and Glumshanks...
3.3K 61 10
A New Beginning with Nina and Zoran and their new friends, Camo, Sunburn, Zap, and Echo. Together, they were the Cadets and ready to graduate to beco...
4.3K 39 17
The Skylands was now peaceful again, no more bad guys or villains try to take over or conquer. With the Skylanders still protecting their home, nothi...