By the Black Lake, a George W...

By cloudyskies13569

George and you, quidditch, love, and the beginning of another year at Hogwarts. I wonder how it'll go... ⁺˚⋆。... More

author's fore note
chapter 2 ✧˖°.
chapter 3 ✧˖°.
chapter 4 ✧˖°.
chapter 5 ✧˖°.

chapter 1 ✧˖°.

19 1 0
By cloudyskies13569

"𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔬𝔫𝔢𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢 𝔲𝔰 𝔫𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶 𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔲𝔰. 𝔜𝔬𝔲 𝔠𝔞𝔫 𝔞𝔩𝔴𝔞𝔶𝔰 𝔣𝔦𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔪, 𝔦𝔫 𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢." - 𝔖𝔦𝔯𝔦𝔲𝔰 𝔅𝔩𝔞𝔠𝔨, 'ℌ𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔶 𝔓𝔬𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔄𝔫𝔡 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔓𝔯𝔦𝔰𝔬𝔫𝔢𝔯 𝔒𝔣 𝔄𝔷𝔨𝔞𝔟𝔞𝔫'.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓅 𝒶 𝓅𝓇𝒶𝓃𝓀*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊ It was September 3rd, a wonderful Tuesday two days after you had arrived at Hogwarts to begin your third year. The air was just the perfect temperature and the black lake was glossed over with its signature black color. You woke up under a warm crimson duvet, gold silk pillowcases adorning your bed. A candle flickered on to your right for a moment and your clock showed that it was only 6 am. Breakfast had started, but luckily the students of Hogwarts could freely wander down whenever they wished to.

Your roommates were Angelina, Alicia, Clara, and Lyra. Whom you had known since you were little first years trotting along an unfamiliar path. Clara had always been the most outgoing, her strong French accent pushing through and her golden hair always shining as bright as her personality. Lyra was book-smart and knew almost everything there was to know. You usually study with her because of that. At the same time, Angelina and Alicia were both on the quidditch team with you.

They were busily chattering on their beds, none of them noticing you had woken up. As you yawned and stretched they shifted their attention to you.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," Lyra chirped as she brushed her hair.

"Good morning," you mumbled in return, giggles erupting from the rest of the girls.

"Gonna be late to early morning quidditch practice this year again too?" Angelina asked teasingly.

"Oh, most definitely," you grinned. Quidditch usually held practice on some weekdays for your team from 5-7 am in the morning. Since breakfast was 6-8 am you still had an hour left to eat after practice. "How are you guys even up this early?" you yawned and tried to cover it with your hand.

"Apparently we're morning people unlike you," Alicia pointed out as she braided her hair. She had always worn two plaits down the sides of her head for as long as you could remember. The only time you had seen it down was for a date she had gone on to Hogsmeade.

Clara sighed, "Apparently."

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊ You decided a shower would do well this morning and after blowing out your hair and slipping into a warm uniform, you left the door open for the other ladies to meander in and do their makeup and hair for the day. Though Alicia and Lyra had done so with handheld mirrors by their beds.

"Breakfast anyone?" you asked, as you normally went down to eat together.

"We'll catch up, go find those twins of yours," Clara smirked at you. She knew of your giant crush on one of the twins. She was a gossip but you made her swear to keep it a secret when you had admitted it to your roommates.

"Alright, see you guys there later!" You careened down the hallway as the heavy wood door slammed shut behind you. Descending the stairs, you could see the redheads busy looking over timetables on the couch.

"Good morning!" your voice echoed in the wide-open Gryffindor common room.

"Morning," Fred acknowledged.

"Morning!" George grinned up at you as you stood behind the back of the couch, leaning over their shoulders to read.

"Which schedule is which?" you asked.

"This is mine, and that's Fred's," George explained. They had long since given up on trying to confuse you with their guess-which antics.

You dug through your pocket for the small timetable sheet. It was laminated with magic.

"Do you guys both have transfiguration from 9:30 to 11:30 today?"

"I do, but I don't think George does," Fred sighed.

"What's wrong? Didn't get enough classes together?" you teased.

"No, we have like 3!" Fred whined.

"Aww, poor Freddie, missing his brother."

"Stoppp..." Fred groaned as you messed up his hair.

"Let me see yours George," you held your hand out. He handed it over and you looked it over. The schedule you had this year was pretty awful with different classes at different times Monday through Saturday. It would be a headache to memorize it all, so you just kept your timetable tucked in your pocket.

"We have charms, arithmancy, and history of magic together on Monday, potions and DADA on Tuesday, divination and potions on Wednesday, DADA and muggle studies on Thursday, arithmancy and muggle studies on Friday, and all my Saturday classes!" you
cheered.

"Thank god, because I'll definitely need your help in arithmancy. At least I have you so I don't lose my marbles there."

"Yeah right, you're going to flunk that as well as I am," Fred pointed out. George sighed, and then his eyes lit up.

"We should prank someone!" Fred and Goerge both practically screamed at each other. Everyone else in the common room at that moment looked either terrified or unbothered. You rolled up George's timetable and whacked them both on the head with it.

"Don't you dare think of messing these first years' second day up! If you do I'll have to curse both of you or report you to Professor Snape myself," you sternly told them.

They both glanced at each other before pleading with you and apologizing. They did not want detention with Snape this early in the year.

"Let's talk about Quidditch tryouts instead and maybe actually go eat breakfast?" you suggested, angling your hands and gesturing to the common room door.

"Oh, me and Fred have already gone down and ate." George began. 

"Did so at 6 sharp this morning," Fred said. "Why, did you want to eat with us?" he asked with a smirk.

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊"No," you scowled and your roommates popped their heads out from behind the wall of the stairs to the girl's dorms. You spotted them and grabbed Alicia's hand to tug them all out and down to the Great Hall.

"Aww, why are we leaving?" Clara asked. She had wanted some gossip for later. Even sworn to secrecy she still joked about you two with her friends because no one ever took it seriously.

"Fred was being stupid" you responded.

"Fred is always being stupid," Angelina laughed.

Lyra giggled at that too, and as your small group ate breakfast a warm feeling settled on you. This year would be great. You had classes with George like you'd been hoping and begging for. Plus, you had classes with your friends and you had gotten into all of your electives. You were sad George opted out of astronomy last minute as you'd heard. But that was okay, looking at the stars would be pretty anyway.

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊1126 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

863K 40K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
949K 36K 86
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
246K 9.9K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
155K 7.2K 52
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...