HARIHARESHWARI 14 : CHANDRA C...

By Captain_Sham

The stage is set for another leela of Bhagwaan Vishnu, where all the gods and goddesses play a significant ro... More

AESTHETICS
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
THE END

CHAPTER 4

381 44 41
By Captain_Sham

In the stillness of the night, Pratipa, exhausted from the weight of his duties, lay sound asleep in his grand chamber next to his wife, the daughter of Shibi, Sunanda.

It remained a dreamless slumber, until the old king found himself, standing in a courtroom.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Pratipa found himself standing in a vast hall, shimmering with an otherworldly light. It was a majestic scene, reminiscent of the grandest of temples, adorned with intricate carvings and towering pillars.

He then gazed at the source of the light, and there was the queen of kings, seated regally on the throne.

Her eyes gleamed with an otherworldly wisdom, and her radiant beauty filled the entire chamber with an ethereal glow.

Upon witnessing this divine sight, the old king's voice got caught in his throat, and he became lost for words. Bowing before her, he was rendered speechless by the magnitude of her majesty.

Feeling a mixture of awe, reverence, and unwavering respect coursing through his veins, he stood humbled before the goddess of all kings, Aryabharti.

"Maharaj Pratipa, aapke nyaayepurn shaashan ka suryast hone ko aya hai." She said. Her voice, rich and melodious, cut through the stillness.

"Maine toh keval aapke diye updesho par hi raaj kiya hai, Akhand Maharani." Pratipa said.

"Aur aapne unn updesho ka palan sacchi nishtha ke saath kiya hai. Aapne sadev sabhi praaniyo ke hit mei vichaar Kiya hai. Aur unke hit ke liye Rajdharm ka palan satya ke saath kiya hai." Aryabharti said.

Pratipa smiled, but it was short lived after hearing the goddess say, "Paranatu,"

"Parantu kya, Devi ?" He asked with a frown.

"Aap apna ek vachan bhul rahe hai." She spoke with an air of reminiscence, inviting the old king to recall a forgotten promise made in the distant past.

"Kaunsa vachan ?" Pratipa asked, unable to recall.

"Wahi, jo aapne varsho pehle Ganga tat par tapasya karte samaye ek divya nari ko diya tha." Aryabharti said.

The king's mind, once clouded by the passage of time, suddenly cleared, and the memories of his oath flooded back to him. In an instant, he remembered the time when he had encountered a lady of divine beauty.

Over the years, Pratipa had become wrapped up in the affairs of mortal matters, forgetting the sacred bond established through that promise.

"Jo Raja apna vachan pura nahi karta, use bada paap lagta hai. Aur mrityu ke pashchaat bhi usse shaanti nahi milti. Pratipa, kripiya apna vachan purn kijiye. Anyatha aap jaisa dharmparayan Raja, sansaar mei ninda ka paatra ban jayega." She said.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Pratipa's eyes sprung open, wide with a mixture of astonishment and trepidation. The dream, so vivid and profound, lingered in his thoughts, melding with the reality that surrounded him in his chamber.

The old king, overcome by a sense of urgency, slowly rose from his bed. His heart pounded against his chest, the weight of the goddess's reminder bearing down upon him.

"Arya ? Kya huya ?" His wife Sunanda asked.

"Ek vachan smaran ho aya." Pratipa said. "Pratihari !" He called.

A young maiden entered the room with bowed head.

"Aadesh Maharaj." She said.

"Yuvraj Shantanu ko Rajya sabha mei upasthit hone ko kaho. Iss hi kshan." Pratipa said getting off the bed.

-------

The rays of the moon, came through the ornate windows of the great throne room. Maharaj Pratipa stood in front of the great Kuru singhasan, his old eyes fixed on a grand and regal statue behind it.

The statue of Akhand Maharani.

Seated on a magnificent throne, she held a flag of Kurus aloft with one hand and a gleaming spear of authority in the other. Bathed in the soft glow of the moon, the massive depiction of the goddess, was captivating to the senses.

Positioned behind the throne of the kingdom, the statue was the one which was established by King Bharat himself, it served as a constant reminder of her authority and how kings are nothing but mere representatives of her, ruling behalf of her.

Memories of his youth flooded his mind, of the various challenges he faced and the moments of triumph that brought him to this very spot.

Aged lines etched upon Pratipa's furrowed brow, gazed at the statue with a mix of nostalgia and reverence. His wrinkles stood as a testimony of the weight of the responsibility he held, the weight that has been passed down through generations of kings who stood in similar positions before this sublime statue.

He kept thinking about his time as a king and the promise he had made a long time ago. Deep within his soul, Pratipa recognized the significance of this vow. It was not a trivial promise made in haste but a pledge forged by the intertwining threads of fate itself.

Tomorrow his son shall become the King of Hastinapur, and after telling him the vow he had made, Pratipa could be assured that he had fulfilled all his duties. He hoped to find solace and clarity within the timeless visage of Aryabharti, a glimmer of reassurance that he was not alone in this monumental decision.

Suddenly, the sound of familiar footsteps fell over his ears, he gazed sideways and saw Shantanu coming.

"Aapne bulaya Pitashree ?" He asked after touching his father's feet and seeking his blessings.

"Kya tumhe Akhand Maharani ke 4 Raj-updesh smaran hai ?" Asked Pratipa, looking back at the statue.

"Smaran hai." Shantanu said.

"Pratham kya hai ?" Pratipa asked.

"Raja kabhi bhi krodh aur vaasna se ghrasit ho kar koi karya na kare." The crown prince said.

"Dusra ?" The old king asked.

"Apne Rajya mei ho rahe chhote se chhote vivaran ki khabar bhi Raja ko honi chahiye, ya toh praja se baat karke ya guptcharo ke dwara." Shantanu said.

"Teesra ?" Pratipa asked.

"Raja ko sadev sunishchit karna chahiye ki Raaj-kosh bhara huya hai. Aur iss dhan ka prayog Raja ko mantri, padhadhikaari, sahiyogi dalo aur praja ke kalyaan hetu karna chahiye." Shantanu said.

"Aur chautha ?" Pratipa asked.

"Raja ko sadev uttam aacharan rakhna chahiye. Aur apne aavego ko niyantran mei rakhna chahiye." Shantanu said.

"Maine inn sabhi updesho ka palan aadesho ke samaan kiya hai." The old king said as he looked at his son, "Mujhe vishwas hai ki tum bhi yahi karoge."

"Mai purn prayas karunga." Shantanu said.

"Kal Bahlik aur tumhe Rajya de, mai apne sabhi uttardaitwo se mukt ho jayunga. Bas ek antim karya shesh rehta hai, aur woh tumhe karna hoga." Pratipa said.

"Aagya kare pitashree." Shantanu said.

Pratipa looked at his son, and kept a hand over his shoulder, "Shantanu, bahut samaye pehle, mujhse ek sundar kanya milne aayi thi tumhare kalyaan hetu. Yadi woh divya sundari tumse gupt mei milne aaye, aur santaan ki kaamna kare toh tum usse uska parichaye ya kul nahi puchoge. Tum uske dwara kiye gaye koi bhi karya par prashn nahi uthaoge. Usse waisa hi prem karna jaisa woh tumse karti hai." He told.

"Mujhe pata kaise chalega ki woh kanya kaun hai ? Aur bina uska parichaye jaane mai usse prem kaise karunga ?" Shantanu asked.

Pratipa pointed at his son's chest, tapping the heart, "Yeh spandan tumhe bata degi ki woh kanya kaun hai. Aur tumhari aatma uska parichaye pehechaan legi."

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Time for the story of Shantanu and Ganga ✨✨✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.6K 1.1K 24
Two best friends Aishwarya and malavika lived a normal life. Neither of them expected to die in a car crash. The next thing they know, they are surro...
30.4K 2K 36
ᴾʳᵉᵛⁱᵒᵘˢˡʸ ᵏⁿᵒʷⁿ ᵃˢ 'ᵀʷⁱˢᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵀⁱᵐᵉ: ᴬ ᵀᵃˡᵉ ᵒᶠ ᴾᵃˢᵗ' ❝𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬...❞ When...
7.8K 517 21
Time, something exempt from the shackles of nature, it is independent, curious and ever-changing. It almost never bowed to anyone. So when time decid...
38.2K 3.4K 61
~ Dangerous Life Ahead ~ • Book 2 of LIFE OF PANCHALI TRILOGY • Panchali Rathore, Ex- CEO of Rathore Industries, now the Crown Princess of Hastinapur...