Classroom of the Elite: Reade...

By MiraWhitlock

What will you do, yes you, the reader, if you found yourself inside Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's body? Do you intend... More

Author's Note
Illustration
Prologue
Chapter 1: One's Ignorance Can Lead Harm To Others
Additional Illustration Added

Chapter 2: Is It Because My Decision Changes The Plot To A Certain Degree?

481 21 1
By MiraWhitlock

Note: This chapter is currently undergoing a proofreading so you may see a lot of grammatical and spelling error.

I know Ayano has once tackled this topic before in one of his monologue, but what do you think is the word equality? First, we must know what it means. According to a certain website, equality is about ensuring that every individual has an equal opportunity to make the most of their lives and talents.

In addition, it is a fundamental concept in various fields, including mathematics, ethics, and social justice. It can be defined differently depending on the context. In mathematics, equality means that two values or expressions are the same. In ethics and social justice, equality often refers to the fair treatment and opportunities for all individuals.

In simpler term, from the root word itself, equality is the state of being equal. Now that you know what it means, do you believe equality exist?

Thomas Jefferson once stated that all men are created equally, but he did not mean individual equality, and according to George Lakey, there will never be a true equality because according to him, rank reflects values and unfortunately, it is a covert form of inequality.

Base on Gini Index, ranging from 0 to 100, inequality fell from 70 in 1988 to 62 in 2013. In short, global inequality has fallen during the last decades, but that doesn't mean there will be a total equality.

What I mean is, equality is an ongoing and complex societal issue. While significant progress has been made in many parts of the world to promote equality in various aspects of life, there are still challenges and disparities that exist. Equality in terms of gender, race, socioeconomic status, and more is a topic of ongoing debate and action.

In many societies, there have been efforts to promote equality through laws, policies, and social movements. However, achieving complete equality remains an elusive goal. Discrimination, bias, and disparities still exist in many areas, including income, education, healthcare, and access to opportunities.

So, while there have been positive steps towards equality, it's an ongoing process, and the level of equality can vary widely from one place to another. Achieving true equality is a complex and long-term endeavor that continues to be a goal for many individuals and organizations.

You are probably wondering why am I discussing such things. To be honest, I don't have any single idea on what am I talking about. I just suddenly felt like blathering equality. It all started after I ate dinner with Horikita. I went to my designated room and head straight to take a bath. I face the mirror completely naked and frowned.

"What's the point of equality if Ayanokouji's crotch is bigger than mine?" I uttered in complete defeat. "There's no equality."

Sasuga Ayanokouji, but remember, size is not all about everything. What's the use of your sword if you don't even know how to wield, nor to sheath its blade? But who am I to talk when me, myself, haven't used it in a battle.

Nevertheless, it will be a waste if I don't use such a huge asset into good use. Lets start from a certain girl on a cane and make her use a wheel chair. Just kidding.

Jokes aside, as I dip myself in the tub, I started ruminating. My original plan is to change the plot to my desired outcome, but there's a problem. It's about the thing occured in my dream. Assuming it really happened, I'm not a hundred percent sure when it will be triggered again. I guess whenever I try to talk about that novel to others, but it might also get triggered by some unknown variable that's why I'm being cautious as to not change the plot too much.

Afterall, I want to avoid that from happening as much as possible because I don't want to encounter that unpleasant feeling anymore. Thanks to Ayano's mentality that I was able to withstand that horrible experience, but without it, I probably go insane.

Another thing is the guy from Class-A that I met in the first loop. If I remember correctly, his name is Tanaka Izanagi. There might be a chance that he's just one of those unnamed characters in the novel, but what if that is not the case? It's weird that he only appeared in the first loop and not in the second. Is it because my action changes the plot to a certain degree?

Well in any case, I'll just try to find him in Class-A to see if my speculations were accurate. I'll also try to reach out Sakayanagi as I do so. Two birds in one stone as they say.

Regarding about the class competition, I guess I'll start building up Class-D's foundation by making Horikita cooperate with Hirata. I missed to show them the hidden behind the leniency of the campus system, but no need to cry over a spilled milk. I can just compensate it by teaching Horikita do the groundwork as I watch them from the shadows.

I don't feel like doing anything for now. I just wanna enjoy my life as much as I can. Who knows when things will return back to what it used to be?

Lastly, there is the thing about this body. I'm not exactly sure how much Ayanokouji influence me. When it comes to physical capabilities, I don't think there's much of a problem as Ayano maintains his body in good shape. Martial arts seems to etched into his brain and muscles so I can atleast defend myself to a certain extent. Of course, I don't know how much I can monopolize Ayano's ability so being cautious might not be a bad thing.

In academics, considering I can answer difficult questions with ease that I found hard when I was in my previous body, I think it's safe to assume that I can get full marks whenever I want to. At last, it's about the overall similarities and difference.

Ayano and I have a couple similarities. As far as I know, we are both rational as we priorities logic than what others feel. Obviously, we still consider their feelings for the sake of results. There are also some like being calm and collective, having a phlegmatic temperament, a bit social awkward, and so on. Of course, if we have similarities, then there are also difference such as morals and ethics.

What I understood about Ayano is he will not hesitate to sacrifice others for his own sake, while that is not the case for me. Although I'll not go as far as protecting everyone, I still cherish the ones I'm closed with, and I don't have any issue putting myself in the line for their sake. I'm also an aloof person which is opposite to Ayano who desire to have friends in the name of experiencing the what so they call normal life.

In conclusion, the way we think overlaps with one another and I don't know how much it will affect me in the long run. Can I use Ayano's method while also keeping my own system? We both don't share the same moral and ethics so won't it contradict to each other? As long as I can't figure out the answer to these questions, there might be a time where I'll become indecisive, and I think that's a weakness.

This is quite a complicated issue. For now, I'll try to observe things for a while and act accordingly in each situation. It's not like I can figure everything in just one swoop. There are still a lot of unknown variable and information that I need to know. As long as I lack those, a definite conclusion is not attainable.

Also, what I am experiencing right now is something supernatural and can't be explained by normal means, so standard logic won't do anything much and might not be able to play in a crucial part. It's quite a bit concerning for me as a guy who prefer to make decisions using logic.

*****

In the next morning, I woke up early. Usually, I won't leave the bed till 8am, but for whatever reason, I started doing an exercise around 4. I think it's probably because of Ayano's muscle memory and body alarm. Even though it is not stated in detail in the novel, Ayanokouji still continues his daily workout routine to maintain his body in shape. He probably adapted that attitude in the Whiteroom. It will make sense if you read the parts where he show his physical capabilities.

As I ran in circle, I saw Ichinose from a far. It seems like she's doing some workout as well. I was about to call her out when I suddenly remember she still doesn't know me yet. Ichinose might think I'm creepy or a stalker if I call her name out of nowhere, though I don't think she's that kind of person. Even so, in order to avoid misunderstanding, I choose to leave her alone for now. I'll still going to reach her out soon anyways so no need to rush things. Afterall, there's a time for everything.

After I finished my routine, I went back to my room, prepared myself for school, and head straight to our classroom. As soon as I set my foot inside, majority of them are busy talking to their peers. Of course, my presence is completely unnoticed probably due to my lack of extroverted presence, or they are just probably too immersed in their conversation.

In the worse case scenario, they might be intentionally ignoring me, though I don't have any idea why would they do such things and why would I be treated like that so I guess chances of that from happening is low, but of course, not zero. Yeah, I should definitely stop overthinking. Nevertheless, I sat down in my designated seat and greeted my neighbor brightly, or that's what I'm trying to imitate.

"Good morning, Horikita."

I don't know if she heard me or not, but Horikita kept her eyes fixed on the book she was reading, as if she didn't notice my arrival yet. Did she really not notice me? Well, whatever, that's just how she is. Also, maybe I pissed her off last night. Is she upset?

"Oh..."

"Hm?"

When Horikita finally recognized me, she gave me a brief glance before returning her eyes back to the book she was reading.

"I didn't realize you were already here. Your lack of presence will sure be handy in certain occasions. Is it a perk of being a loner and having no friends at all?"

Horikita-san, please stop putting a salt in my wound. You're hurting me emotionally. Also, aren't you just venting your frustrations to me?

"You're in the same page as me." I countered.

"I choose to be alone because I prefer so, unlike you."

Yeah, yeah, whatever. As I wait for the class to start, I tried recalling those things happened last night.

*****

"You. Ate. The. Food. I. Prepared. For. You."

Sigh... What a pain in the ass. I stood up and went straight to leave, but before I do so, she held the sleeve in my blazer and stared at me with a stern face.

My goodness, why are you so beautiful? Are you tempting me to assault you? Stop looking at me with those enchanting gaze in your eyes, your irresistible, deep-set orbs that leave me breathless, else my heart will melt in your presence.

Are you perhaps going to confess your love to me? If so, then I love you too. Let's get married and have some kids, shall we? I'll try to get your brother's, or more like my brother-in-law's permission to take you home. I shook my head to wipe these ridiculous thoughts of mine and I slap myself back in reality, not literally.

"Fine then, but I'll just spill the information worth the same as the dinner you served," I stated. "Do you think the government is lenient enough to grant students a 100,000 yen allowance every month unconditionally? Knowing you, I'm sure you are also skeptical."

"And what about it?" She asked.

"Remember that I asked you a 100,000 private points earlier in exchange for the information you were asking?"

"Yeah. I thought it's stupid for you to ask such a thing unless-"

Without waiting for her to finish, I interrupted and explained.

"You are allowed to barter almost everything here in campus using those points. I guess you probably already have an idea on what kind of school is this, am I right?"

I don't think she's stupid enough to not catch on those hints I gave to her.

"Earlier when we was still at the convenience store, I pointed the free stuffs displayed in the shelf at the corner. Why do you think they put it there? There must be a reason for it. Is the school expecting us to blow up all the points we have? If we're getting a 100,000 points each month, then there's no way we will run out of points," I added.

"Your point?"

"Simple. There's a way, or to say it correctly, an event that can make our monthly allowance decrease."

Hearing what just I revealed, Horikita can't help herself, but to frown. You can't blame her from doing so. Everyone with a healthy mind will understand how grave it is, and worse, I still haven't told her the most dreadful part yet.

"Well, I don't have enough evidence to support my hypothesis so you may take it as a grain of salt, but if you are still interested of wanting to know more, invite me to a lunch tomorrow. I'll bring someone along with us so keep that in mind."

Right after I set my foot outside, I bid my farewell and left. On the second thought, she's cute so I guess I'll marry her. Huh? No, I'm not a masochist.

*****

Before I knew it, class was already dismissed. Students started leaving their seats to take a lunch at the cafeteria, while some remained as they have bento prepared in advance. On the otherhand, I was waiting for a certain someone to invite me, but seems like no invitation will come so I got up and decided to grab some meal.

As expected, the cafeteria is crowded with students and staff. Just looking at it making me dizzy. I saw familiar faces from here and there, but I didn't bother to mind them. I went in the line and patiently waited for my turn.

"One order of Deluxe-Lunch-Set with additional mushroom soup and tea please."

It is an expensive meal, but who cares about the prize? As long as it's delicious, that's what matters the most. Ah, but I think I should keep an eye and be a bit stingy when it comes to spending, else I'll definitely going to make my points plummet down to zero before the end of the month.

After the server gave the lunch set I ordered, I roam my eyes around to see if there's an available seat, but seems like every table is occupied. Luckily, a group of students got up from their seats, leaving a table open. I quickly went there and made myself comfortable.

"Itadakimasu."

You probably wondering what am I eating, right? Behold, the Tofu Katsu Curry! Fufufu, seems like I have no choice but to explain it, am I right?

Tofu Katsu Curry is typically served with a bed of steamed white rice, which provides a neutral base to balance the flavors and textures of the dish. The tofu is usually breaded and deep-fried to create a crispy, golden exterior. This adds a crunchy texture to the dish.

On the otherhand, curry sauce is rich, thick, and savory. It's made with a blend of spices, vegetables, and sometimes fruits. It has a slightly sweet, aromatic, and slightly spicy flavor, but the spiciness can vary depending on how it's prepared. It's often garnished with pickles, vegetables, and sometimes a drizzle of tonkatsu sauce, a sweet and tangy sauce.

In terms of appearance, Tofu Katsu Curry features a plate with the breaded and fried tofu cutlet, served alongside the rice and topped with the curry sauce. The tofu is usually a light golden color due to the frying process, and the curry sauce is a deep brown.

The smell of Tofu Katsu Curry is a delightful combination of the earthy, aromatic curry spices, the savory scent of the fried tofu, and the comforting aroma of steamed rice.

Overall, Tofu Katsu Curry is a delicious fusion of textures and flavors, with the crispy tofu, creamy curry sauce, and fluffy rice all contributing to a satisfying and comforting meal.

Ah, sorry, my enthusiasm for food kicks again.

"Hello! Is this seat available?"

As I savor my meal in bliss, a familiar well endowed pretty looking lady asked me with a bright smile in her face. Can't you see? No one is occupying the seat so obviously it's available, is what I wanted to say, but I don't want to be rude specially to a gorgeous lady like her. Huh? No, I'm not a simp.

"Yeah."

"Can I?"

"Sure."

After getting my permission, she placed her lunch at the table and sat comfortably facing me.

"By the way, my name is Ichinose Honami from first year Class-B, and you? Ah, of course if you don't want to introduce yourself, that's fine also! Sorry if I'm bothering you."

"No, it's fine. I'm Ayanokouji Kiyotaka from Class-D. Like you, I'm also a first year. I'm glad to be your acquaintance."

"Ayanokouji-kun, isn't? You don't need to be so formal around me! My friends call me Honami so feel free to do so as well."

Aren't you a bit careless? You remind me of Horikita who's oblivious to the consequences of her action.

"I appreciate the offer, but sorry, I will refuse. It feels uncomfortable uttering someone's first name whom I just met. Maybe we can do that once we got to know each other."

Well, that's just an excuse. Since I originally didn't grew up in Japan, I haven't adapted their first name basis or whatever-it-is-called culture. Calling Ichinose by her first name is not really a big deal, but if others learned I'm close with her, I'm pretty sure it's bound to create misunderstanding.

Afterall, Ichinose is definitely going to be one, if not the most popular student not only in our year, but might also the whole campus as well exaggeratingly. Just imagine your idol being lovey-dovey with a gloomy guy like me. I'm pretty sure those simps will lose their mind. Yeah, I'm looking at you. I'm also talking about those V-tuber fans who kept sending death threats to their own idol just because she had a boyfriend, lol.

"Is that so? That's unfortunate."

Yeah, it's really unfortunate, but if you badly want us to call each other on a first name basis, then we should marry first so that no one will complain if I call you honey. Just kidding.

After a short pleasantries, I resumed my meal and so Ichinose did the same as well. As of now, I'm on high alert. You're probably asking why. Let me ask you a question. Do you think the famous Ichinose will eat lunch alone together with a loner?

Though considering her personality, I don't doubt she will, but she should atleast have someone accompanying her, and that's where (were?) the weird part comes in. Does she just want to be left alone?

I don't think so. If you think about it logically, it's still the second day of classes and knowing your classmates should be a top priority, atleast to someone like Ichinose. If I would base my knowledge to that light novel, she should be surrounded by her friends, yet look at her, it's already been about 10 minutes had passed and no one still tried to approach.

I find that weird, or maybe I'm just being paranoid. I shook my head to clear all these thoughts, but as I do so, I suddenly felt an ominous feeling. I know, ever since she came, I'm trying my best to feign ignorance. I keep wishing deep inside that it's all just made by my own playful mind.

But then, I decided to stop keeping my gaze away from reality and face it with courage. Roaming my eyes around, I saw everything had stop. No one is moving as if the time has come to a halt, and yet Ichinose continues her meal as if it doesn't bother her at all.

My heart is racing. Brace yourself, keep a calm composure like you always do, and don't get overwhelmed by pressure. This is probably a once in a lifetime chance so I'll take all the advantage I have to gather information as many as possible.

"Why did you sent me here?" I question.

Ichinose's bright smile remained the same, but the pressure she was emitting intensifies and it felt like someone is groping my chest tight. It's too suffocating.

You're quite straight forward, aren't you?

To be continued
Chapter 3: (Untitled)

*****

A/N: I haven't tasted a Tofu Katsu Curry before so everything I spouted there are all base on the information accessible to the internet.

Simping corner!

Tomose has once again blessed us such a beautiful art.

I can't believe he's a doujin artist.

[If you like the chapter, I recommend for you to click the vote button, and comment your thoughts about the story. Please follow me here in Wattpad if you want!]

- 10/28/23
- 3637

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 8.3K 41
After going through a number of disasters I realized that actually I am reborn as the villainess character, more of a brat, Chloe Bourgeois, in a chi...
130K 28.1K 96
Title - Dangerous Personality Author - Mu Gua Huang MC- Xie Lin x Chi Qing Chapter 161 + 2 extras ထူးဆန်းသည့် ပြန်ပေးဆွဲမှုတစ်ခုအပြီးတွင် ချီချင်းတစ်...
39.6K 2.7K 26
فَتاه قوية و لكِن القدر أقوى مِنها غدرت مِن اقرب الناس ، تعذبت و ضلمت مِن اشباه الرِجال كانت تحب لكن طعنت فدخل رجال آخر رغما عِنها هل ستقع في الحُب...
90K 3.3K 55
After his first year at the Advanced Nurturing High School, Fukazawa Yato is about to start his second year as a student. With a better understanding...