One Of Us - A Gally, Maze Run...

By The_Ivy_Trio25

Minho would fight for her. Newt would die for her. Thomas would kill for her. Gally would burn the whole wo... More

Foreword
Part 1 - Chapter 1 - Greenie
Chapter 2 - Boys
Chapter 3 - Glade
Chapter 4 - Friends
Chapter 5 - Eleanor
Chapter 6 - Attack
Chapter 7 - Closer
Chapter 8 - Banishment
Chapter 9 - Bond
Chapter 10 - Separated
Chapter 11 - Waiting
Chapter 12 - Revelation
Chapter 13 - Wreck
Chapter 14 - Relief
Chapter 15 - Hold Me
Chapter 16 - Movement
Chapter 18 - Destruction
Chapter 19 - Broken
Chapter 20 - Escape
Chapter 21 - Death
Authors Note
Part 2 - Chapter 1 - Fortress
Chapter 2 - Clean
Chapter 3 - Remember
Chapter 4 - Rescued
Chapter 5 - Run
Chapter 6 - Cranks
Chapter 7 - An Angel
Chapter 8 - Hollow
Chapter 9 - Friends or Foes?
Chapter 10 - Hang tight
Chapter 11 - Boom
Chapter 12 - Apart
Chapter 13 - Interrogation
Chapter 14 - American Pie
Chapter 15 - The Right Arm
Chapter 16 - Brother
Chapter 17 - Betrayal
Chapter 18 - Desperation
Chapter 19 - Payback
Chapter 20 - Promise
Authors Note
Part 3 - Chapter 1 - Train
Chapter 2 - Mistake
Chapter 3 - Plan
Chapter 4 - Tunnel
Chapter 5 - View
Chapter 6 - Kidnapped
Chapter 7 - Impossible
Chapter 8 - Rose
Chapter 9 - Stumble
Chapter 10 - City
Chapter 11 - Anger
Chapter 12 - Traitor
Chapter 13 - Love
Chapter 14 - Phase One
Chapter 15 - Reunion
Chapter 16 - Go
Chapter 17 - Time
Chapter 18 - Revenge
Chapter 19 - Fall
Chapter 20 - Journey
Chapter 21 - Awake
Chapter 22 - End
Epilogue
Authors Note

Chapter 17 - Chaos

1.3K 26 0
By The_Ivy_Trio25

Song - Breezeblocks (alt-J)

The shaking had stopped, and we waited. Waited by the door. Just like we had for Minho and Alby. And then Minho, Alby, and Thomas. And now Thomas and Minho again. I've really begun to hate the waiting.

I grasped Newt's hand, noticing how he tried to hide the worry in his eyes so the younger boys wouldn't panic. Gally was as still as the cement walls that surrounded our home. His jaw was tightened and eyes not wavering from their narrow stare at the maze. I didn't say anything to soothe him. I knew he wasn't worried. He was angry. I watched the corner, praying that I would see them any second.

And then they turned the corner, both Tom and Minho. I let go a relieved breath and Newt's immediately relaxed and I could see his eyes shining in the afternoon sun. As they came closer, I could see them rasping for breath... no injuries as far as I could see but their eyes were wide with terror. 

As they passed through the group panting, we all followed behind them as they hurried for the huts.

"What the hell is going on out there?" Newt asked beside Tom.

"What have you done now Thomas?" Gally hissed from behind and I grabbed his wrist giving him a warning glare.

"We found something, a new passage. We think it could be a way out," Tom panted excitedly.

"Really?" Newt gasped.

"It's true, we opened a door... something I'd never seen before. I think it must be where the grievers go during the day," Minho affirmed.

Chuck scurried over to the boys,

"Wait. Woah, woah, woah. Wait, you're saying you found the griever's home? And you want us to go in?" Chuck clarified, eyes wide in terror.

"Their way in could be our way out Chuck," Thomas explained.

"Yeah, or there could be a dozen Grievers on the other side!" Gally seethed at my side. "The truth is Thomas doesn't know what he's done as usual!"

Thomas turned on his heel and got up in Gally's face,

"Yeah well, at least I did something, Gally! I mean, what have you done? Huh? Aside from hide behind these walls all the time!" He growled. Newt stood behind Thomas, unsure what to do.

"Let me tell you something, Thomas! You've been here one month; I've been here for three years!" Gally fumed,

The sound was drowned out from my ears when a hand grasped my wrist from behind. It was Jeff.

"Alby... here's awake," he murmured into my ear. I didn't know what to say. I turned to the boys,

"Guys,"

They didn't respond,

"Hey! It's Alby!" Tom and Gally stopped bickering, and everyone looked at me. "He's awake," I breathed before turning and hurrying to the med hut.

As I ran into the room, I saw Alby. He was sitting on the bed, back towards the door. He didn't say anything as the other boys rushed in behind me.

"Has he said anything?" I murmured into Jeff's ear.

"No," He responded grimly, Newt brushed past me and sat beside Alby.

"Alby?" He murmured... our leader didn't respond. "Alby are you alright?" Newt tried again. I moved closer so I could see Alby's face.

His eyes were cold. Distant. Sick. Traces of tears remained on his cheeks. He wrapped his arms around his bare chest shivering. I grabbed a blanket from a nearby bed, and then wrapped it around his shoulders before sitting on the opposite side of him. He didn't move a muscle.

Thomas came forward and knelt in front of him,

"Hey, Alby... Alby we may have just found a way out of the maze," Thomas revealed softly.

Alby's face tightened and I could see more tears brimming in his eyes.

"You hear me? We could be getting out of here," Tom continued,

Alby shook his head ever so slightly,

"We can't... we can't leave," he whispered. "They won't let us,"

Newt and I caught each other's eyes. He looked just as worried as I did. I didn't know what to say.

"What are you talking about?" Tom asked looking at me and Newt.

"I remember," Alby croaked, fighting back tears.

"What do you remember?" I whispered. Alby broke his frozen position to stare at me.

"You," he muttered in my face. Gally took a step forward,

"And you," Alby continued, turning to Thomas.

"You two were always their favorites, always," he murmured darkly making my spine shiver. I looked up at Gally. He just stared at me.

Boys shouting filled the room distracting everyone. Except for me and Thomas. Alby spoke again,

"Why did you do this?" Alby stared into my eyes, deep enough to reach my soul, "Why did you come here?" he asked, a tear finally sliding down his cheek. I felt my throat tighten. Tears forming. Alby grasped his head in his hands as weeps erupted from his face. I opened my mouth to respond with anything,

"I-"

The shouts got louder from outside. The others stood up quickly. Gally grasped my wrist.

"Come on Ellie we have to go," Gally pleaded.

"Wait-" I watched Alby sob into his hands.

"Now Ellie," He ordered, and I swallowed but listened as he pulled me out of the room, following the others.          

As we walked outside in the early darkness of dusk, I watched the chaos. Boys frantically running everywhere. Some carrying torches. 

"Hey Winston, what's going on?" Thomas asked as the boy ran past.

"The doors, they aren't closing," He stressed before continuing in his path.

Thomas, Newt, Minho, Frypan, Gally, and I now saw what the problem was.

The gates to the wall were wide open.

We all broke out into a sprint. When we reached the maze door we joined the cluster of other boys. The inside of the maze was now even more menacing in the shadows of twilight. Gally stepped in front of me slightly, blocking me from the door. It didn't matter because a menacing rumble of cement covered the Glade forcing screams from everyone's mouth. Everyone shielded their ears. We spun and I couldn't believe my eyes.

Each side of the walls... were opening.

Flocks of ravens flew away in fright at the sudden movement. Gally's hand found my wrist and again he moved closer but was unsure of what direction to face. No one did. I looked at Thomas. His eyes were once scared but now, they were determined.

"Okay, Chuck, I want you to go to council hall... start barricading the doors," he instructed grasping Chuck's shoulder.

"Okay," Chuck responded, eyes wide in fear.

"Winston, you go with him," Newt added.

"Got it," The slicer affirmed while running after Chuck.

Gally turned to a few boys,

"Get the others, tell them to go hide. Now!" He ordered as they scampered off. He faced me again his eyes wide with adrenaline.

"Minho, I want you to grab every weapon you can find. I'll meet you at council hall." Thomas murmured to the runner.

He nodded,

"Let's go," he muttered, and Frypan and Newt followed him. Newt and Tom shared one last look before disappearing from each other's reach. Thomas faced me,

"Okay, Ella, you and I are gonna go get Alby. All right? Come on." He instructed grasping my hand. Gally didn't let go of my other hand,

"I'm coming too," He insisted.

"What we don't need-" Tom started,

"I'm coming," Gally growled and I shook my head,

"Doesn't matter let's just go!" I hissed letting go of both their hands and getting ready to run when,

"Grievers!"

"Run!"

Shouts from boys on the other side of the Glade stop us in our tracks.

And then I heard the roar behind me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 94 16
"𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕘𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕞𝕖 𝕙𝕠𝕡𝕖, ℂ𝕝𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕖," 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕠𝕪 𝕒𝕟𝕤𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕤, 𝕒 𝕤𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 𝕠𝕟 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕝𝕚𝕡𝕤...
1.8K 39 12
Maze Runner/ Thomas x Reader (Edited) Y/n daughter of Janson. Is perhaps in love with Thomas. Is Thomas in love too? Y/n was trained to fight. Will t...
20K 470 34
'You have my word, I'm with you till the end.' *READ THE GIRL IN THE GLADE + THE GIRL IN THE SCORCH* It's been six months, six months since they l...
11.3K 155 45
She was sent into the maze. But for what reason? She wakes up to see 30 teenage boys surrounding her. She is stuck in the glade with no clue, no memo...