Glitchtale: The Age of Pain

By Tom_Darko

They believe that they have killed a Demon, yet no one realise that she was just a deception, part of a bigge... More

Episode 1: Abyss

Episode 2: One Last Run

26 1 0
By Tom_Darko

"Beliefs destroyed, continuous deaths, endless cycles... all have been terminated with a few more RESETs."

Was speaking, the man in purple, as he looked with intense radiant joy the last display that was still on in front of them.

Chara was still recovering from everything that happened, and now that this guy entered the Menu after killing her, alongside the fact that he murdered all the citizen, her friends, and family.

"What.. are you doing here." she asked...

Without turning back, he went ahead answering the girl's question, but not how she wanted.

"Most of all, you ask yourself How i'm here in the first place."

"..." Chara was about to scream out of rage, demanding a real answer, but he hushed her with raising gently his second finger, and with his ironed voice

"Please, don't."  And as Chara stopped "We won't stay here much longer. Once we'll meet again, we'll have plenty of time to have a civil conversation and you'll both have answers."

"Civil conversation?!" That didn't calm Chara, but at least she didn't scream as she answered "With the man that genocided humans and monsters, my own family!?"

"Reasonable that now you think of me like that..."A sad little grin and a few words, angered again the little girl "Once you will witness and undestand everything, if you'll rememeber, you'll may thank me Dreemurr."

"Thanking you!?" She exclaimed "NEVER!"

"As i said before... after we will come back, we will have all the time to discuss."

As he took his weapon, as the purple energy, so dark yet emanating a soft and comfortable ligh, brighted the Menu. 

"But now... it's time to finish this stupid Game... once and for all."

Suddendly, he slashed the display, cutting it from corner to corner, as this resulted in the whole place, the whole existence was glitching all around them.

Chara's head screamed in terror. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? Don't you realize you're leading us to be erased?!"

As the girl was panicking, the misterious figure kept looking the display that just got destroyed, as a suffocating light was ready to absorb everything around.

"Welcome..." as he opened his arms showing his abnormal soul, celebrating the moment: "...to Freedom."

" Do you think even the worst person can change?" "That everyone can be a good person, if they just try?"

"This is all your fault... we just had to get 6 ... but you decided to show them mercy.
you betrayed me Asriel. - we ended up like this because of you"

"We're best friends after all aren't we?

"CHARA!"

"CHARA!"

A familiar, yet unknown voice kept calling her, again... and again...

"CHARA!!!"

Lay on a carpet of golden flowers and lighted by the light of the sun from the only hole that Mount Ebbot had to offer: Chara was trying to open her eyes and resembled the voices that she was hearing before, and that one in particular.

Were did she hear that voice before? 

Trying to stand up, she felt to the ground due dizzines and headache that nearly got her to vomit, but determined to proceed, even if she didn't know where, step by step she reached the door that would've lead to the Ruins, a Home resembling her old once forgotten living place.

Everything was still in the same exact place, yet with a little dust caught by time itself, where she last saw them back when she was... when she was there,

"...Was I?"

The bedroom, the kitchen, the stair that led to Snowdin, did she walk those...

She wasn't sure, or better... she wasn't sure she was the one that was doing it in her memories...

"Why?... there was someone else with me? i don't recall bringing someone back there... and why mum told me to not going outside the Ruins": 

That's all she could've think with the headache getting stronger by anytime she kept trying to remember; but as she kept thinking and headeaching, she just heard a rumor of feet running at full speed towards her.

The figure jumped towards her, and before Chara could react, it already had her to the ground... hugging her?

Chara opened her eyes, only to see a fluffy goat that was hugging her, crying out loud to her.

"I though i lost you, Chara!"

She did not even try to got up, and retrive the hug to her brother: "Shh crybaby, it's over... for now." As she started crying too, her vision was even more happy as two figure came out from the corner of the wall: their parents.

And a rain on "my child, my precious" fell upon them, as every bad felling was now filled with tears of joy.

But...

As the joy ended, the questions came up.

"Can... someone explain what just happened?" asked the former King.

"I... I can't really tell..." Answered his human child: "It's... hard to explain."

"We should get Home first, before anything else." suggested the little prince.

It took half an hour to trepass the Underground, yet it took more hours after each zone they passes, they met someone else of the gang that, still do not know how, they woke up in the Underground.

Everyone was there, completely unharmed and with memory of everything they have lived.

Gaster, Sans, Asriel. Alphys, Undyne, Mettaton....

Undyne hugged Alphys, cruing like a baby that was just born, while Alphys was trying to cry as the hug was nearly suffocating her, which it only got worse as Mettaton joined the hug.

And both the SkeleBrothers were so happy to rejoin their father/friend, and Sans was healthy as ever; they had really "plough" to "share" of everything that happened. 

(hope this pun is correct, i don't know the exact translation of the bone)

After hugs and tears, everyone started their journey to reach the city, taking everything they need from their former home, as right now in the Underground only remained few monsters that had the duty to keep in check and do maintenance to the CORE.

Yet this was strange, why was the barrier already destroyed and every monsters already outside the cave?

The answer was simpler than they though.

After reaching the Justeco District, it was clear to them that the monsters were already living amongst the humans, still a bit of a questionable cohabitation, but that wasn't the point, as Doc. Alphys made the exact question to the problem.

"G-G-Guys, what day is... today?"

Few words from that yellow devil that everyone opened their eyes wide: as everyone curiosity instantly grew up, they asked a few passers-by the willing question, as their answer was sheer normality: "Why of course, today is thursday. Have a good day King Asgore, and good luck with the AMD Director, i hope you'll convince them to sign... Oh and also good day to you, Mrs Dreemurr."

Chara was about to awkardly stare at the passing people that answered their doubt: Today is three day before the meeting with Jessica Grey, which now was "again" Director of Anti-Monster-Department.

So it wasn't a dream, or a death.

It was a RESET.

"That guy... resetted the timeline?" Asked Chara, talking to the air, as it was expeting no answer from anyone around her, as most of them were still trying to apprehend whatever was happening.

("Was it sheer luck? with this glitched timeline, that everyone is still here...") Though W.D. Gaster.

"Wait... how could anyone even Reset? As i recall that cursed button was destroyed." A punny skeleton said.

And the little flower suddendly ended the though "Whoever is that purple guy, he must've found a way to do it, even after Chara destroyed it." 

"Wait... was Chara the one that destroyed the button?" Asked Sans, a bit confusion

More confusion came as answer by Asriel "What do you mean "Was Chara the one that destroyed the button"?" 

"I don't recall that she was the one doing it Flower Boy."

As Asriel looked Sans with a "you serious" face, Chara sent a look to the comedian, but apart from the confusion, there was confimation: she also did not recall doing it. 

"Ok... if it wasn' t the punk. WHO destroyed it then guys?" asked the former Captain.

Only silence came from both Chara and Sans... they couldn't rememeber.

Things were confusing, as only questions were being generated: Who was the Masked Guy that killed Chara? Where is he now and what was his goal? Who destroyed the Reset Button in the past?

They only sure thing right in that moment was what Asriel said a few hours ago: Return Home and rest to be ready.

"Well... you did forget me in the end... Yet it didn't completely work, did it?"  

"They still deserse an Happy Ending..."

DETERMINATION

"I have to keep my Promise!"

In the meantime, Jessica Grey, current Director of AMD (Anti-Monster Department), was invited to a party in the District of Determino.

Many of the most known political and civilian figures were present during this event, but as everything was planned, aside from fun and chats, there was without a doubt the "theme" of what to do with the Monster Kind.

There was no official siding from everyone in that room: some dislike the monsters, some actually wanted to convive with them peacefully, some couldn't care less as long as it didn't involve them personally.

But everyone knew what position Jessica had: her only though was that they could never be useful to humankind, actually the only risk she could see was that it could damage their society.

But hardly she knew how wrong she was, and that mistakes were made to make her realise it. 

Yet, accompany by Ronan Cass, head of the police department of Pacienco, she was trying to enjoy the company and not to stress about anything else; and i mean trying because she was hardly doing it.

The presence of Rave Rutrow in the distance was not helping her at all.

Hopefully for her, a presence greeted her with a, strangely, yet welcome salutation: "Ah! The famous Miss Grey... It's a pleasure to meet her face to face."

A young boy, wearing a red victorian coat and well-dressed, welcome Jessica with the grace of a knight.

Astounded by such formality, Jessica retrieve the welcome with happiness, yet curiosity: "Not so famous in these days, but i apppreciate the gesture... Mr...?"

"Darko... Milady; Thomas Temistocles Darko, at your service." said the young guy, opening his right arm to the right, as a half-bow.

Jessica was relifed of this kindness: later after her positon as Director of AMD, many have been either aggressive towards her or constantly searching Miss Grey, in order to discuss how to behave with the insertion of Monster Kind into society.

"The pleasure is mine, Mr. Darko... Oh and i suppose you've met the Chief Officer Ronan Cass?" She said, not wanting to leave Ronan apart, who was staying silently at her left.

"Not face-to-face at least, the pleasure is mine, Officer Cass... Oh and you may call me just Tom." They boy answered, laying his right hand towards the policeman.

He answered absent minded: "The pleasure il mine, Tom..." but then, he returned from his deep thoughs, and apologised instantly: "I'm sorry, i was thinging about my son: he's home alone right now, and i'm kinda worried."

Darko answered first with a warming smile, and then with words: "No offence taken Mr's Cass." Said, turning himself to take a look at the window: "Family is the most importat thing of a person, after all."

Ronan agreed with a nod and a smile, and Tom returned to look at Cass, not looking directly at Jessica: "I bet work doesn't help staying near our loved ones, am i right?"

This sentence gave Jessica a bullet in the heart: her memories of her sunshine were still a fire that slowly burns a house. 

"M-my apologise guys, i have to go to the bathroom!"

Almost screaming said Grey, running towards a direction she hoped it was the bathroom.

Hopefully for her, it was.

She sat on the Wc and started breathing slowly and deep; yet after the third breath she started crying silently.

"So... What do you do in your life Tom?" said Ronan while drinking: talking with Darko was distracting him from the idea of Hugo.

"I'm a professor at SSU in the district of Determino, i teach psychology and now, thanks to the efforts of the Monsters i improved: I now teach the effect that every word we spill has on our very soul."

Ronan was curiosed of such subject, but instantly a though came in his mind: (Jeez! He seems so young! and he's a Professor?").

Almost reading his mind, Darko answered: "I seem too young to teach? Yeah many question my presenza in Soul Science University, but i have all the rights to teach there: my Degrees are my evidence."

Ronan answered, embarassed: "I'm sorry, yeah the though came into my mind, i'm guilty" chuckling a little: "So... how old are you exactly?"

Chuckling too, the young professor took any doubt and threw it right out of the window : "Your eyes doesn't mislead you, Mr Cass: I am eighteen years old, i just learn so fast that i gained this work just before my Eighteen Birthday."

Ronan was a bit skepticall at first, but he had no doubt to not believe that guy so clever and formal, so after realizing all of that he said, he remained shocked: "Woah, you a prodigy!"

"I wouldn't call myself a prodigy, Ronan." explained Darko: "I'm just a human with a purpose; nothing more." 

The evening went very well, and the party was almost over, Jessica in the meantime came back and joined Ronan, while Darko left to talk with Rave in the distance.

After shaking hand with Rutrow, Darko approached once again Ronan and Jessica: "I'm afraid i have to go, folks: a long journey awaits me to reach home." said smiling and laying his hand to Ronan, who shaked his palm with no hesitation.

"It was a real pleasure, my friend; hope that we will meet again."

"Same goes for me, Mr. Cass."

Then he turned to Jessica, and gave the same goodbye, but then he started a conversation: "Mrs. Grey, i apologise for the sentence i said before..."

Jessica was confused, but then he explained and everything was clear: "I now remember what happened... to your daughter and to your husband... i can understand it's hard..."

"I just wanted to apologise, and to say... i'm sorry." said the young professor, laying his hand again towards the Director.

Tears wanted to go down like waterfalls, but Jessica resisted and with a weak smile, she reassured Darko: "It's not your fault Tom... you are a very kind boy and a great man: thank you."

Shaking her hand, Darko went away and both Jessica and Ronan did the same after half an hours.

After reaching her house, Jessica entered and took a shower, in order to relax herself after the evening; it didn't work but at least her body was relaxed, so she was ready to go to bed.

Laying on it and looking at the ceiling, it took her only twenty, twenty-one seconds to get sleep.

"YOU MURDERED HER"

"Dr. Gaster, she'll enter in 10 seconds"

Jessica was sweating...

"Whatever thing you brought to help, you have permission to use it"

"give her hell for me"

She instantly got up, scared, and after a few seconds of breathing she said...

"What have i done..." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 5.3K 88
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
970K 36.7K 87
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
482K 17.4K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
2.3M 117K 65
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...