Protector (TFP)

By Minifighter1009

๐€๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐š ๐Š๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐š๐ง ๐จ๐ซ๐๐ข๐ง๐š๐ซ๐ฒ ๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐จ๐ซ๐ข... More

แด˜ส€แดสŸแดษขแดœแด‡ ~แด€ ษดแด‡แดก ๊œฑแด›แด€ส€แด›~
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ แดษดแด‡ -แดกส€แดษดษข แด„ส€แดแดกแด…-
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ แด›แดกแด -แดส ๊œฐส€ษชแด‡ษดแด…๊œฑ แด„แด€ส€ ษช๊œฑ แด€ษด แด€สŸษชแด‡ษด ส€แดส™แดแด›-
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ แด›สœส€แด‡แด‡ -แด€ ษดแด‡แด‡แด… ๊œฐแดส€ ๊œฑแด˜แด‡แด‡แด…-
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ ๊œฐแดแดœส€ -ษดษชษขสœแด›แดแด€ส€แด‡๊œฑ แด€ษดแด… ส™แดœสŸสŸษชแด‡๊œฑ-
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ ๊œฐษชแด แด‡ -สœแด‡สŸแด˜ แดกแด€ษดแด›แด‡แด…-
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ ๊œฑษชx -แด„ส€แด‡แด‡แด˜ส แด„ส€แด€แดกสŸษชแด‡๊œฑ-
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ ๊œฑแด‡แด แด‡ษด -แด€ ษดษชแด„แด‡ แด›แด€สŸแด‹-
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ แด‡ษชษขสœแด› -แด…ษช๊œฑแด‡แด€๊œฑแด‡๊œฑ แด€ษดแด… แดษชษดแด… ษขแด€แดแด‡๊œฑ-
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ แด›แด‡ษด -แด€ ส€แดœแด…แด‡ แด€แดกแด€แด‹แด‡ษดษชษดษข-
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ แด‡สŸแด‡แด แด‡ษด -ส™สŸแดแดแด… แด€ษดแด… แด›แด‡แด€ส€๊œฑ-

แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ ษดษชษดแด‡ -แด€สŸสŸ ษชษด สแดแดœส€ สœแด‡แด€แด…-

169 7 10
By Minifighter1009

 ʙᴀꜱᴇᴅ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴘɪꜱᴏᴅᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ʜɪꜱ ᴍɪɴᴅ

"Follow the light." Optimus optics went to the side as Ratchet looked over the mech. "Good," Ratchet said with a smile, turning off the flashlight with a click. "I wouldn't advise anything strenuous, Optimus, but it appears that your systems have fully recovered from the Cybonic plague." I grinned from the railing above, watching as my guardian got released from the device holding him.

I didn't know exactly what time it was, but I knew it was incredibly early. In normal circumstances, I would've been asleep right now, waiting for my alarm for school to go off. But despite myself, I was still worried about Optimus, and I couldn't bring myself to leave him. I had even been determined to stay up all night till I was sure everything was fine, but regrettably, I fell asleep, only waking up when my guardian had to be examined.

Some guard I am. I thought, my frustration disappearing as a small smile rose on Optimus's faceplates.

"Thanks to your medical expertise, old friend." The Prime complimented, gently placing a hand on the medic's shoulder. Ratchet shook his head, looking back at Bumblebee.

"It was your scout who braved unknown territory to locate the cure." Bumblebee whirred, shaking his hands bashfully, as his optics landed on the concrete below him.

"Lucky for us, Megatron was still alive," Arcee added. Bee buzzed something to the femme, and she let out a tired sigh. "Yeah, I actually said that." She muttered in disbelief. Ratchet ignored the two, turning back to Optimus.

"What matters is that you are on the mend Optimus. While Megatron..." Bumblebee finished Ratchet's sentence with a chirp, Arcee seeming to agree with whatever the scout said as she nodded.

"Bee's Right. Did my best to finish Megatron's story. Couldn't stick around long enough to see how it ended." The femme murmured darkly. My brows knitted, leaning against the railing with a frown. As much as I wanted to believe Megatron was gone, I knew better than to get my hopes up. If I had learned anything from TV shows or movies, the villain never dies easily.

I shook off my thoughts, stifling a yawn as I did. Lazily I listened to the others talk, my gaze never leaving Optimus's form for even a few seconds. As I stared, the air suddenly thickened, the pressure lingering on my chest. Knuckles white, I carefully sucked in a breath, the weight on my chest somehow becoming heavier.

In my confusion and panic, my gaze flickered upwards, landing on a particular scout. The mech stared into his servos, his optics blank as he seemed lost in his thoughts. Suddenly, as if cold water had been dumped on him, he snapped out of it. If I were paying attention, I would've noticed a flicker of white light fade into my necklace, and as suddenly as the feeling came, it was gone.

Strange.

"Astra?" I tore my gaze from the yellow mech, reluctantly turning toward Ratchet.

"Did you need something?" I wondered, my voice only wavering slightly. It seemed he didn't notice my discomfort, only venting as he pointed to the groundbridge.

"I asked if you wanted to be ground bridged home. You have a couple of hours until you need to head to school." He repeated. My gaze flickered to my guardian, uncertainty flitting across my face. Optimus's optics softened in understanding, taking a step toward me as he outstretched his servo.

"I'll see you after work." The Prime promised, patiently waiting for me to step onto his servo. I hesitated momentarily before gently sliding over the railing and onto his palm. The metal was warmer than I thought it would be as I grabbed onto his finger. My grip only tightened as he gently lowered me to the concrete below him, and I waited until he was still before jumping off.

His words reassured me more than I wanted to admit, and the awaiting comfort of my bed only convinced me further. So with a tired goodbye, I stepped into the groundbridge, bracing myself for the headache I was about to endure. It didn't hurt as much as the first time, but it still felt like someone was sticking a hot knife through my brain, and it only subsided when I fully emerged from the portal.

Unsurprisingly, it was still dark, the stars glittering bright above me. Barely conscious, I shuffled to my room. My head didn't even hit the pillow for a second before I was fast asleep, quickly forgetting all of my worries.

* * * * * *

"Basketball by way of Cybertron! Let the games begin!" Miko blew the tiny whistle, announcing the start of the match. I sat between Raf and Jack on a ledge, all of us watching in anticipation as Bumblebee and Bulkhead started. The scout twirled the metal ball on his fingertips and attempted to throw it over Bulkhead, but before it could make it into the basket, it was interrupted by the wreaker. With agility surprising for his size, the green mech twisted himself and shot the ball into the basket.

"Go Bulk!" The black-haired girl cheered, and I whooped alongside her. Raf sent me a betrayed glare, and I quickly amended it by cheering for Bumblebee as well.

"Come on. Best two out of three." Bulkhead offered as he threw the ball to Bee. The smaller mech caught it and smoothly dodged his competitor with a twirl, now having a clear opening.

"Bee! You're in the clear. Dunk it, Bee!" Raf yelled out, a wide grin on his face. I shook my head in amusement as the scout ran up to the basket, only for him to stop just before. The air suddenly thickened, my lungs becoming tight. A sharp cough escaped me at the sudden change, and I felt Jack's concerned gaze on me. I quickly waved him off, giving him a strained smile.

Again? What's happening to me? I thought, quickly composing myself.

"Bumbleebee, quit hogging the ball!" Bulkhead lightly scolded. An unsettling feeling washed over me as Bumblebee suddenly whipped around, throwing the ball straight at the wreaker's head. Bulkhead luckily managed to duck in time, the metal slamming behind him. We all jolted at the sound, blinking at the smaller mech in shock. Miko slid down the ladder, blowing her whistle like a referee.

"Flagrant foul!"

"Dodgeball, by the way of Cybertron." Jack quipped, gently nudging my shoulder in an attempt to lighten the mood. Normally I would've smiled, but the uncomfortable feeling in my chest lingered before once again fading, and I didn't miss how Bumblebee's optics seemed to widen as it did.

"Uh, Bee? Hoops over there?" The wreaker pointed out, rubbing the back of his head. The scout whirred in confusion, looking at the hoop behind him. Raf's brows furrowed, scooting closer to the edge.

"Bee, you okay?" The boy questioned gently. Bee buzzed in confirmation, lifting three fingers up. Raf slowly nodded, a hesitant smile rising on his lips. "Yeah... three out of five."

I cautiously watched the two as they continued their game, everything seeming to go back to normal. For the rest of the match, there were no strange feelings or shifts in Bee's personality, and despite myself, I pushed back the suspicion rising in me with a sigh.

I'm definitely going crazy. A slight vibration interrupted my thoughts, and I checked my phone with practiced ease. Unsurprisingly, there was a message from Nick, and I opened it with a barely noticeable smirk.

One message from Golden Eyes

Hey, I heard from Arthur that something happened. Are you okay?

My gaze softened slightly, not noticing Jack's curious gaze hovering over my shoulder.

Yeah, everything's fine. A family friend had to go to the hospital, but he's okay now.

I'm glad he's alright, but that's not what I asked.

Are you okay?

I paused, my brows furrowing slightly. Of course, I was fine. I wasn't the one who was injured. I wasn't the one who was on their deathbed less than a day ago. I re-read the message several times, my grip on the phone tightening.

It was a simple question I could easily answer, but for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to respond. With a small exhale, I closed the messaging app, stealing a quick look at the time as I did. Ignoring Jack's blatant stare, I excused myself, going over to a particular grumpy medic.

"Do you mind Groundbridging me to work?" I asked, gently kicking the mech's pede to gain his attention. Usually, Optimus would take me, but he was currently getting some well-needed rest, and I wasn't going to be the one to take that from him. Ratchet glanced down at me, not even trying to hide the annoyance on his faceplates.

"You have two perfectly healthy legs. Can't you walk?" He remarked, turning back to his computer. I crossed my arms, raising an eyebrow as I stared disbelieving up at the medic.

"No. I won't make it on time." I explained simply. The mech fully turned to me, crossing his arms as well.

"The groundbridge is only being used for emergencies." He emphasized. "We don't have enough Energon for you to be wasting it." After a moment's reflection, I knew Ratchet was right. Optimus did mention -albeit not directly- that the Autobots were running low on Energon, and I didn't want to use valuable resources for something as dumb as "being late for work."

"You're right." I sighed, missing the surprise that flashed across his face. "Forget I even asked." With that, I turned away from the medic, my gaze landing on Bumblebee and Bulkhead.

Optimus is out of the question, and Arcee is on patrol. So I should go over and ask Bumblebee or Bulkhead to give me a ride. My forest hues landed on their happy faces, and my shoulders fell. I'm just going to tell Arthur I can't come in today. I decided. I knew he wouldn't be mad. In fact, Arthur did text me saying that I could skip work today. But just as I was going to make a call, a voice stopped me.

"I can take you." I turned around in surprise, an eyebrow raised as I stared at Ratchet.

"Wait... Really?" The medic rolled his eyes at my disbelieving tone before shifting into his vehicle form.

"Are you going to climb in or not?" The ambulance in front of me grumbled, his door opening. I nodded, quickly sliding into the passenger side. I didn't know what elicited Ratchet's sudden generosity, but I wasn't going to complain, and after a quick thanks on my side, we took off.

We drove in silence, the awkward tension almost suffocating. Trying to distract myself, I stared out the window, once again watching the desert.

Now that I thought about it, this was the first time I had really had some one-on-one time with Ratchet. I really only talked to the mech if I needed to be ground bridged somewhere or if he was annoyed at us for being too loud or touching his things. Looking at it from a surface level, it seemed the medic didn't care too much about me. Or, really, any of the humans.

But even as the thought crossed my mind, I knew it was wrong. Ratchet did care. It was obvious by the way his optics held a hidden warmth whenever he talked to the others. Or how much he had worried about me when Knockout had almost kidnapped me. Even his offer to take me to work showed that he genuinely cared, not only for his teammates but for the humans as well.

"How are you holding up?" Ratchet awkwardly asked, cutting through the thick atmosphere. I stared at the dashboard in confusion, and the ambulance vented, obviously uncomfortable. "I know the past 24 hours have been a bit... stressful." The medic clarified. I nodded in agreement, allowing myself to lean back in the seat.

"I'm fine," I mumbled. I sensed Ratchet's skepticism, and I forced myself to smile. "Ratchet, really, other than being a bit tired. I'm okay." He seemed to want to say more but, thankfully, didn't push anymore.

To be honest, I wasn't sure if I was lying to everyone or not. Logically, I was fine. Optimus was alive and well, and everything at base seemed to be back to normal. But despite everything, the heaviness in my gut didn't seem to go away. I let out a sigh as my thoughts were brought back to a certain Autobot.

"Do you think somethings off about Bee?" I carefully asked. For a moment, I thought Ratchet wouldn't answer, but after a few seconds, he spoke.

"No, why?" I shifted in my seat, once again playing with the necklace hanging around my neck.

"It's probably nothing... I've just noticed that he's been acting a bit off."

"He's probably still recovering. Bumblebee didn't seem to have any physical side effects, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were some minor mental effects from the operation." He must've noticed the skeptical look on my face because his mirrors turned to me.

"Astra, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Bumblebee is stronger than you think." I nodded, dropping the topic. Trying to take my mind off my growing worry, I fell into comfortable small talk with Ratchet.

Even as we talked, Bumblebee still came to my mind, and as much as I wanted to be reassured by the mech's explanation, I couldn't ignore my gut feeling telling me something was wrong. But, like always, I tried my best to push down my suspicions, not knowing that soon, my worst fears were coming to fruition.

* * * * * *

The following day was the same as always. My alarm still woke me up at an ungodly hour, and reluctantly, I pulled myself out of the warm confines of my bed. In what seemed like record time, I was ready for school, mindlessly sitting at the counter while I waited for Bumblebee and Raf. A breath escaped me as I glanced out the window, my brows furrowing when there was still no sign of the yellow muscle car.

They're late. I thought, looking at the clock for what seemed like the millionth time. It was strange they hadn't shown up yet, even stranger, that they didn't even bother to send a text to warn me. Fingers tapping against the cool countertop, I leaned against my hand as my worry grew.

I straightened as a vibration shook the countertop, unsurprised to find my phone was the cause of it. Quickly, I accepted the call, not even having to look at the contact to know it was Raf.

"Hey Raf, is everything all right? You guys are running a bit late." I wondered, lazily looking out the window once more.

"Astra. Bumblebee never picked me up." I paused, my forehead creasing. "I can't even get in touch with him 'cause his comlinks off again."

"That's weird," I mumbled, more so talking to myself than Raf. The heavy feeling I had tried to suppress swiftly returned, and I stood. "He probably went on a mission and forgot to tell you." It was obvious none of us believed the lame explanation as the younger boy sighed.

"Maybe. But that doesn't sound like something he would do." I silently agreed with him, my stomach clenching at the uneasiness in his voice. Shaking off my confusion, I headed outside, my feet guiding me to the boy's house.

"I'm on my way over," I assured him, hoping my presence would comfort him. "I'm sure it's all some sort of misunderstanding," I murmured. At that moment, I was glad Raf couldn't see me as I fiddled with the crystal on my neck.

"Hopefully, you're right. See you soon." The boy said, a note of relief in his voice as he hung up. Stuffing my phone in my pocket, I forced myself to walk faster, and soon enough, Raf's anxious figure came into view. Right when I got within earshot, the younger boy was saying goodbye to someone on the phone, and by the look on his face, whatever he had just heard wasn't good.

"What's wrong?" I questioned, my mouth dry, as his honey hues turned to me in obvious concern.

"I just called Ratchet. Apparently, something's wrong with Bee. He's sending a groundbridge to come to pick us up." Raf quietly explained, anxiously playing with his fingers. Silently, I wrapped my arm around the boy, gently pulling him to my side. The brown-haired boy didn't move, his shoulder lowering as he released a shaky breath.

"Don't worry, Raf. I'm here for you." It wasn't long before the familiar shine of the groundbridge appeared, and we didn't waste a second before rushing in. As we made it to the other side, Raf immediately left my side, running toward his guardian. Bumblebee's optics were dark, his head limp as he was held up in the scanner Optimus used only a day earlier.

I usually would've run up with the younger boy, but the steady spike of pain from the groundbridge lingered. Frozen in my spot, I tried my best to regain my bearings before walking up beside Raf. Luckily, no one noticed my weird behavior as I finally listened to the conversation.

"Bumblebee's complaining of intermittent visions, waking nightmares if you will," Ratchet explained, looking down at the both of us. A bit confused, I stole a look at the powered-down mech as Raf took a step forward.

"But you said Bee was fine when you checked him over," Raf said, obviously concerned.

"Physically. But the experience he endured seems to have a temporary effect on his psyche. This induced power-down will force Bumblebee's mind to rest and recover." Raf seemed to want to say more, but I stopped him with a slight shake of my head. The computer's beeping broke the heavy tension in the air, and everyone moved closer to the monitor. Without any words, Ratchet answered the call, and I was surprised to see Fowler's face appear on the screen.

"Prime! You spotted any Decepticons wearing hula skirts lately?" Fowler wondered, his face appearing on the screen in front of Ratchet. I raised an eyebrow at the weird sentence, silently wondering if Fowler had finally lost his mind. Optimus leaned down slightly, his faceplates shifting into that of barely concealed exasperation.

"No Special Agent, Fowler. Why?" Optimus asked.

"Because I was hoping you'd have a lead on the 'cons that busted into the Kauai naval observatory. Place looked like it was hit by an army of wreaking balls." Fowler revealed, his voice filled with barely concealed anger.

"Why would 'cons break into an observatory?" Arcee wondered skeptically, raising a faceplate.

"Does the Hiot-Nikogosian ring any bells?" Raf's brown eyes lit up in recognition, quickly taking a step forward.

"The space telescope!" The agent confirmed his words with a nod, barely sparing the kid a glance.

"As of last night, it's missing its primary lens," Fowler stated, a hint of frustration in his voice. The group did not miss the implications as they all shared a knowing glance, and I sighed once more, feeling the familiar heaviness in my gut.

Great, another thing to worry about. Just what we needed. I thought, crossing my arms in annoyance.

"It's difficult to guess Starscream's intent without knowing where the lens has been taken," My Guardian said thoughtfully, his voice hardening as his optics narrowed. I unconsciously stiffened, immediately recognizing the look on his faceplates. He always wore it before battle, whenever he feared the worst.

"Good thing the lens has a tracking device," Fowler added. The screen glitched for a moment before his face disappeared, instead being replaced with the location of the lens, the red square beeping gently on the map.

"The artic? Great, another chance to freeze out sparkplugs off." Arcee grumbled, crossing her arms. Bulkhead ignored the femme, letting out an impressed whistle.

"That's an nd7 class. Biggest unminable energon deposit there is." Bulkhead murmured. I shifted on my feet, my eyes widening as the map zoomed in to reveal the giant cluster of Energon.

"Unminable until Starscream melts his way down to it," The Prime's words felt heavy, the urgency of the situation becoming increasingly apparent.

"With the help of the lens," Arcee added, her optics lighting up slightly as Starscream's plan became clear. I stiffened, my eyes widening in realization as the potential dangers flooded my thoughts. Fowler's reappearance on the screen was accompanied by the clear distress on his face.

"Melting a glacier that size would cause sea levels to rise and demolish coastal cities!" Raf and I shared a glance of worry as the others quickly powered on the Groundbridge, all of their faceplates filled with determination. Optimus's gaze met my own, only giving me a reassuring nod before stepping through the portal.

With everyone but Ratchet, Raf, and Bumblebee gone, the base felt unnaturally quiet as Raf and I sat underneath Bumblebee. To fill the silence, Raf immediately started telling the powered-down mech about his day and anything else that came to the boy's mind. My lips lifted at Raf's animated expression, my heart warming. Even though I knew Raf wasn't talking to me, I still listened, a few snorts leaving me as he mentioned something about the glaring match I had with Vince today.

"Rapheal. I'm afraid Bumblebee can't hear you in power-down mode." Raf stopped his chatter, staring at the medic as Ratchet tilted his head to the groundbridge. "It's getting late. Why don't I bridge you two home to your family." I didn't say anything, looking to Raf for his answer.

"Because I told Bumblebee I'd stay. He's family, too." The boy explained simply. Ratchet scoffed in disbelief, staring down at Raf.

"Don't be ridiculous. You're not even the same species." The mech said incredulously. I sent the medic a warning, looking about to tell him off when Raf spoke once again.

"That's being related. It's not the same thing. Here, I'll show you." At Ratchet's disbelieving stare, the younger boy reached into his pocket for his phone before showing the medic the screen. "This is my family." Ratchet kneeled to get a closer look, humming in thought.

"yes, very nice." He grumbled. Raf drew his phone back with a slight shake of his head.

"Very large. Sometimes, I can shout, and no one hears me." The boy's eyes met the floor, his brows furrowing in thought, and his voice softened. "But Bumblebee always listens," the medic's optics widened in surprise as Raf continued. "and I can understand him. I'm not sure why, but I do." Ratchet didn't say anymore after that, seemingly lost in thought as he stared at Bumblebee's still form on the medical berth.

The look in Ratchet's optics was hauntingly similar to Arcee's when Arachnid came to Earth. The thought that Rachet once had family came to mind, and my brows furrowed. I slowly shook my head, stopping myself from questioning it anymore. It was Ratchet's business, and I felt the answer would be too painful to hear. Gently, I nudged Raf's shoulder, sending him a strained smile.

"I've always wondered what it was like to have siblings," I said, breaking the gentle silence. "Being an only child gets boring sometimes," I added playfully, not missing Raf's slight smile, his eyes reflecting the faint light from the control panels.

"Is it just you and your mom?" He asked. I nodded, leaning back on my hands, and Raf hesitantly continued. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your dad?" I glanced at him, my grin faltering for a moment.

"He's no longer with us. One day, he was at work, and the next, he just... disappeared, and we never saw him again," I murmured softly, the memory casting a shadow on the otherwise tranquil moment.

"I'm sorry, Astra. I didn't mean to-." I stopped him with a wave, trying to seem unbothered as I fiddled with the necklace. Something which didn't go past the younger boy.

"Don't worry about it. It happened a long time ago." I murmured reassuringly. Raf shifted awkwardly, fiddling with his fingers in thought.

"Do you think he's still alive?" He wondered, unsure whether or not to continue. I let out a breath, shifting so I was hugging my knees.

"I don't know. When I was younger, I wanted to believe that he was. That he was still kicking out there somewhere. But if he was, that means he abandoned us, and I know he would never do that." A tense silence followed after that as my memories scratched their way back up to the surface, and my grip on my pants became tighter. I didn't want to tell Raf I clung to the foolish hope that he was alive. He was somewhere out there looking for us as much as we looked for him.

"Thanks for staying with me. You didn't have to." Raf murmured gratefully, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Don't mention it. I told you I was your teammate, didn't I?" I grinned cheekily, bumping his shoulder with mine. He smiled, but it didn't quite reach his eyes as his attention moved to Bumblebee again. I followed his gaze, my expression becoming softer.

"Bee's strong. He's going to be fine, Raf," I said confidently.

"I know," he whispered, his gaze never leaving the Autobot. I couldn't help but feel bad for Raf, relating to his predicament more than I would like. It wasn't even two days ago when I was in the same position—staring at Optimus's seemingly lifeless body, worrying if he would make it.

"Rapheal. Astra." We both perked at the call of our names. Ratchet was holding a device Bumblebee had apparently broken earlier, a hint of lingering annoyance in his optics as he stared at the object. "I'm going to the supply vault to see if I can find parts to repair this." His gaze lifted from the broken metal, instead meeting my gaze. "You know what that means."

"Don't touch anything."Raf and I spoke simultaneously, a smirk playing on both of our faces as Ratchet nodded. His optics, usually stern, lit up with hidden amusement as he walked away. As Ratchet's footsteps faded, the dark energy returned, and I stifled a cough at the sudden change. Trying my best not to alarm Raf, I glanced at Bumblebee, my eyes widening as his optics were wide open.

"Wait till you see this new laptop I'm saving up for Bee," Raf spoke, oblivious to his guardian's sudden awareness. I stiffened, the feeling becoming stronger as something in my chest contracted, flaring a warning of danger.

"Raf... something's wrong." My words were our only warning when the mech suddenly stepped forward. We both jumped, Raf's brown eyes widening in surprise and confusion as he slowly shut the laptop before him.

"Bee?" Bumblebee ignored the call of his name, seeming more robotic than I'd ever seen him as he walked to Ratchet's desk, his movements precise and calculated. "Bumblebee, wait!" Raf's voice held desperation, and he rushed after the Autobot. His action forced my own as I ran after my friend, hoping with all my heart that the heavy feeling in my gut was wrong. The bot pressed a few things on Ratchet's screen as he activated a groundbridge, the portal whirring as it came to life with an electric hum.

Where is he going? I thought, running slowly to a stop as I watched Bumblebee walk into the portal, ignoring Raf's desperate pleas. Rapid metal footsteps sounded behind us as Ratchet stared down at us, taking in the situation.

"What did you do?" The medic questioned accusingly. Raf shook his head, looking up at the medic with a panicked look in his light brown eyes.

"N-Nothing. Bumblebee just got up-"

"He was in power-down!" The mech interrupted, his faceplate furrowing in disbelief. Though his anger quickly faded, his optics shifted into concern. "Where does he think he's off two." He muttered questionly. I let out a breath, my gaze hardening as the thickness in my chest lifted.

"Something's wrong, Ratchet. I don't know how to explain it, but he doesn't seem like himself. " I said urgently, trying to put what I felt into words. Ratchet didn't say anything, instead quickly going to his desk. Raf and I shared a knowing look before we followed, climbing up the railing in front of Ratchet. One look at the coordinates and Ratchet stiffened, his optics widening.

"These are the coordinates for the site of our previous battle with Megatron's undead." I stiffened, my brows furrowing in confusion as I shot Ratchet a skeptical look.

"You fought zombies?" I was met with blank stares at my question, and I scratched the back of my neck sheepishly. "Right, a story for another time," I muttered. Raf became more and more unsure, his lips pulling into a frown.

"Maybe we should call Optimus." He suggested softly, and I quickly nodded in agreement, but the mech soon dismissed the idea.

"Optimus is busy preventing a polar ice cap from melting. We need to handle this on our own." Ratchet's sentence turned grave, and a thick silence followed as a rush of worry filled me. We had no backup if something went wrong, and there was very little I could do if Ratchet needed help.

I hope it doesn't come to that. The thought sent a shiver down my spine as I fiddled with the crystal in thought, my lips pursing. With a heavy tension in the air, Ratchet activated the groundbridge, seeming as if he was going to go after the mech himself when a familiar scout entered the ground bridge. Immediately, the thickness returned, like a 30 pound weight was suddenly put on my chest, stealing my breath. Raf immediately steadied me, softly calling out my name in concern.

"Bumblebee," Ratchet called out warily, reaching out a careful hand to stop the scout. "What have you been doing?" When Bumblebee didn't say anything, Ratchet caught his arm as he tried to walk past, forcing the mech to reveal what he was holding.

In Bee's grasp was a giant purple shard, the crystal emitting a soft glow. A sharp pain went through my skull, and my eyes pinched shut as the energy around me swiftly became overwhelming.

"Dark Energon?" Ratchet exclaimed incredulously. Just as Ratchet went to meet the scout's gaze, a fist went flying into the medic's face. Ratchet flew back into his desk, slumping to the floor with a pained grunt. I forced my eyes to open, pushing down the pain as fear filled me.

"Ratchet!" I shouted, pushing Raf behind me as Bee's lifeless optics fell on us.

"Bee! What are you doing?"The young boy's words fell on deaf processors, Bumblebee's faceplates furrowing as he slowly approached us. I sent the mech a sharp glare, taking a few more steps back as he got closer.

"Don't come any closer, Bee!" I growled, but that did little to deter him. My mouth went suddenly dry, a sharp taste of terror flooding my senses as a primal fear gripped me with icy fingers, turning my muscles to stone. With barely a flick of his digits, Bumblebee tossed me away like I was a pest, throwing my body through the air. My back collided with the cold, unforgiving metal, the impact an explosion of pain that sucked the very breath from my lungs. Darkness crowded my vision as I gasped for air, my frantic heartbeat pounding in my ears, drowning out all other sounds.

Raf's alarmed scream pierced through my growing disorientation, drawing me from the comforts of unconsciousness, I let out a pained cry as the mech grabbed Raf, the fogginess of my vision quickly fading away.

Please don't hurt him. I pleaded, trying my best to get back on my feet.

"Bumblebee, please, I know you're in there!" The kid exclaimed desperately. It was like Bumblebee couldn't hear a single word as he put Raf on the ledge of the went we were on just a day earlier. "You have to fight whatever's making you do this!" Bumblebee only turned away, running out of the groundbridge once more.

Ratchet groaned, and Raf straightened, his eyes wide with worry. "Ratchet, are you okay?" The mech slowly rose to his pedes, slowly shaking his head.

"I'm fine." His blue optics suddenly landed on me, his eyes widening slightly. "Astra, are you-" I didn't let him finish, waving him off with a grim smile.

"I'm all good, just a little bruised." I tried to shoot him a thumbs up, but the sudden movement caused another jolt of pain, and I tried my best to hide my wince. He seemed unconvinced but didn't push it.

"More important, is Bumblebee okay," Ratchet's voice held a heavy weight as he approached Raf, wearing the same expression of a concerned parent as he spoke, his gaze filled with worry. "I fear the time spent in Megatron's mindscape is causing him to think like a Decepticon." The boy bristled at that, his brows furrowing in anger.

"Bee's not a con!" He protested, walking onto Ratchet's outstretched hand. I leaned against the railing, watching the older Autobot return to where I stood, my unease growing.

"Agreed. But we need to know exactly what Bumblebee intends to do with that shard." The medic suddenly halted, his brows furrowing deeper as if struck by a startling revelation. "The only one who knew of the dark Energon... was Megatron." A chill coursed through me, my breath catching as the pieces of the puzzle started to fall into place. Bumblebee wasn't acting like he was a Decepticon. His actions mimicked that of someone being controlled.

And he wasn't in control... because Megatron was. Ratchet seemed to come to the same conclusion, his gaze darkening.

"Bumblebee has Megatron's memories?" Raf asked, clearly confused.

"Worse. Megatron is occupying Bumblebee's mind." Ratchet murmured gravely. Raf made a noise of surprise, his fists clenching as his eyes widened. Ratchet resumed walking, his optics bearing the weight of his realization "How could I have been such a fool! The cortical psychic patch acted as a two-way conduit. When Bumblebee returned to his mind, Megatron followed." Ratchet explained, gently setting Raf next to me.

"And now Bumblebee—Megatron—has bridged to nearly the same coordinates Optimus used." I ran a hand through my hair, my mind racing with worry for Bumblebee and Optimus. The mech activated the groundbridge for the fifth time that day, turning his back to us as he faced the portal.

"Stay here." The medic couldn't even take one step when Raf stopped him.

"No! Bumblebee needs me." Raf said, his eyes filled with determination. The tension in the medic's shoulders dropped, his clenched fists releasing as he turned back to Raf with a rueful smile.

"Of course he does." He whispered, putting a servo out for Raf to get on. Raf didn't hesitate, and I went to follow, to which Raf sent me a questioning look.

"You don't have to come to Astra. You're already hurt." He said gently, eyeing my probably battered-looking form. I shook my head, a smirk rising as I hopped on.

"Bumblebee's my friend too, and besides, I told you before we were teammates, and teammates don't abandon each other." The younger boy nodded gratefully, a small smile on his lips. Ratchet only sighed, grumbling something under his breath as he placed us on his shoulder and walked through the groundbridge.

As we made it to the other side, Ratchet immediately went on full alert, his steps light as he warily searched the metal hallways around us. "The Decepticon Warship." He whispered before looking down a hallway and swiftly running through it.

My grip tightened as we ran, my anxiety traveling up my spine as I swallowed my growing apprehension. The energy I have been trying my best to ignore seemed everywhere around here, and it was hard to convince myself it was a figment of my imagination when I felt like I could reach out and touch it.

As Ratchet rounded a corner, he suddenly stopped, his optics widening in subdued horror. In front of us were dead Decepticons, their lifeless bodies carelessly sprawled across the dark hallway.

"Did Bumblebee do this?" Raf's wondered softly. I shook my head, forcing myself to look away from the dead mechs.

"Not Bumblebee. Megatron." I reminded him. Ratchet nodded in agreement, still staring at the massacre before him.

"I fear Megatron's mind is dominant; clearly, he came here for one purpose. To use the Dark Energon to resurrect his own body." My face paled, my breath quickening.

"No, Bumblebee won't let him. Like he didn't let Megatron hurt me back at the base." Raf argued confidently. As much as I wanted to believe in Bee, the bruised ribs I had filled me with doubt. Ratchet's gaze went somber, venting out slowly.

"I hope you're right." With that, Ratchet gently placed us on the ground, waving us forward as he cautiously descended the hallway. Silently, the mech peaked around the corner, gritting his teeth at the sight before him. I quickly rushed forward, avoiding one of the medic's legs as I looked around the corner.

In the middle of the control room was Megatron's lifeless body, giant black tubes sticking out of him, presumably keeping him alive. Beside the Warlord was Bumblebee, the scout already having the cordial physic patch in both him and Megatron. Without wasting another second, Ratchet rushed forward.

"Ratchet, don't hurt Bumblebee!" Raf yelled as the medic lunged at the scout.

"That's not Bumblebee!" The older mech cried out, throwing a punch towards the yellow guardian. Bee swiftly dodged Ratchet's first two attacks before sidestepping and punching Ratchet in the side. Throwing the medic into the wall, with a harsh clang, Ratchet fell to the floor. Content that Ratchet wasn't getting back up Bee's optics shifted, the Dark Energon in his hand glowing slightly as he faced back towards Megatron.

I have to do something. It seemed Raf thought the same thing as the male shot past you, grabbing the mech's attention.

"Bumblebee, no. Remember who you are! Remember me!" He pleaded, taking another step closer. Slowly, I made my way to both of them, my gaze locked on the cord on Bee's neck, hoping my movement wouldn't cause Bumblebee to attack. "I know you always listen to me no matter what." Bee's optics shifted, the blue in his optics contracting in size.

"Come on, fight it, Bee! I know you can!" I shouted in encouragement. Bumblebee stumbled slightly, shaking his head. "It's working," I murmured, watching as Bumblebee seemed to fight with himself, as his posture loosened, a few nonsensical beeps escaping the mech.

"That's right, Bee. It's me!" Raf pointed to himself, a smile on his lips as his eyes filled with hope. Suddenly, panicked whirrs escaped the scout, and he stumbled before falling to his knees with a harsh thud, covering his head with a servo. Raf gasped, holding onto the mech's arm. In less than a second, the younger boy was smacked away, crying out as he collided with the metal ground.

"Raf!" I exclaimed worriedly, only letting out a breath when I saw him shift. It seemed Ratchet had awakened as he hovered over Megatron's body, clutching a black tube.

"Farewell, Megatron." Ratchet spat, pulling it out of his chest. Sparks flew as it disconnected, the machinery around the warlord powering down. Immediately, Bumblebee attacked the medic. Ratchet could only avoid one hit until the scout overtook him, throwing the older mech over his shoulder and into the opposite wall.

"Bumblebee!" Raf yelled out. The mech froze, slowly turning toward the boy as the Dark Energon glowed with power in his servo. After a moment of tense silence, the mech's optics landed on his figure. From Bumblebee came a voice you'd only heard through a screen, but it still sent shivers down your spine as the hairs rose on your arms.

"Bumblebee can't hear you anymore!" Megatron growled.

"As much as I want you to leave Bumblebee's body. I can't let you back to your own!" With that fierce declaration, the young boy rushed forward, and without a second thought, I followed. We both leaped onto the cable, my arms clutching the wire as if our lives depended on it. Desperation coursed through me as I tried to use our combined body weight to wrench the cable from Bee's head.

But it did nothing. The cable thrashed back and forth, and Raf was the first to be flung off, my body following a few seconds later, my back painfully meeting cold metal.

My ribs are going to be broken after this. I thought, helplessly watching Bumblebee as he stood before Megatron and plunged the Dark Energon into the hole in his chest. I watched in a mixture of horror and awe as a bright purple glow emitted from the Decpeticon's chest. I rose to my feet, my eyes wide as Megatron's red optics suddenly shot open, the Dark Energon's radiant light gradually subsiding.

Megatron rose, his footsteps slow and thundering as his towering form loomed over us. I stumbled backward, instinctively pushing Raf behind me, even though I knew it would do little to help. A small group of Decepticons rushed into the room as Megatron stood in his full glory.

"Decepticons. You're rightful lord and master has returned!" We could only watch, immobilized by fear, as Megatron advanced, his menacing gaze not even sparing a glance in my direction. Instead, he focused his hateful stare on the Decepticons before us. "Finish these pests! I have my own extermination to perform." With that chilling command, he walked past the group of Decepticons, allowing him through before charging up their weapons and firing.

I didn't even have time to react before we were bombarded with gunfire. In less than a second, Ratchet snatched us both before rolling behind a metal wall. I barely even processed anything as we escaped, as fear, adrenaline, and the weird energy overwhelmed my senses. Soon enough, we made it off the ship, Ratchet's pedes crunching in the thick snow as he ducked behind a large chunk of ice. Bumblebee quickly followed, peaking his head out, and whirred in what I could only guess was confirmation that we were safe as Ratchet slumped in relief.

"Thank the All-spark," Ratchet murmured under his breath, slowly lifting us closer to his face. "Are you both alright?" We nodded in unison, and the medic visibly relaxed. A shrill scream interrupted the silence, our attention being drawn to the Decepticon ship flying away, a billowing black smoke swirling above it.

"Ratchet, we need a Bridge," Optimus's voice called out a few feet ahead of us. We all shared a knowing glance before revealing ourselves, our presence met by the surprised gazes of the rest of the Autobot team.

"You are not the only ones," Ratchet sighed, his voice heavy with the weight of the situation. Optimus made eye contact with me and I shrugged, to which he vented, extending a servo to me. Getting the sign, I slid off of Ratchet's shoulders. With a weary smile, I climbed up onto Optimus's shoulder and let out a relieved sigh.

"Are you injured?" My guardian wondered, his voice low with worry. I shook my head, rubbing my aching back with a slight wince.

"Other than a few bruised ribs, I'm okay. I should be asking you the same question, considering fighting Decepticons is not what I consider 'taking it easy,'" I lightly scolded, my playful glare softening as a small smile played on his mouth.

"After what you've been through, perhaps I'm not the only one who should be 'taking it easy,'" Optimus mused with a gentle chuckle. I snorted at that, exhaustion finally catching up as a sudden yawn escaped me. The weight of the day's events crashed over me like a tidal wave, my eyelids suddenly becoming heavier.

As Optimus and the Autobots prepared to ride back, Ratchet glanced at Astra, his optics filled with a rare sense of concern. "You've had quite the week," he remarked.

I gave a tired nod, leaning against Optimus's sturdy shoulder. "Tell me about it. But I know I'm not the only one." I gave him a pointed look, one he rolled his optics to, a small smile rising on his faceplate.

The steady hum of Optimus's unusually warm metal against my cheek proved too soothing, lulling me toward the embrace of sleep. I couldn't help but yawn once more, a sign that rest was long overdue. The battle might have been won, but the war continued, and we were all acutely aware of the challenges that lay ahead now that Megatron was alive once more. With Optimus's protective presence beside me, I closed my eyes, drifting into the realm of dreams.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 378 11
SEQUEL TO Transformers Prime; Last Hope. (Just to let you know that this is Predacon Rising)
6.5K 90 24
Transformers Prime fanfiction. First book of 'Brother' trilogy. New bot joins team Prime and he has dark past. What will he discover under a blanket...
17.4K 539 18
"Sสœแด‡ แดกแด€สŸแด‹แด‡แด… สœแด‡ส€ แดแดกษด แด…แด‡๊œฑแด›ษชษดส." Sสœแด‡ แด„สœแด๊œฑแด‡ แด›แด แด›แด‡แด€ส€ แด…แดแดกษด แด›สœแด๊œฑแด‡ แดกสœแด แด›ส€ษชแด‡แด… แด›แด แด„แดษดแด›ส€แดสŸ สœแด‡ส€, ส€แด€แด›สœแด‡ส€ แด›สœแด€ษด ส™แด‡ แด›สœแด‡ษชส€ แด˜แดœแด˜แด˜แด‡แด›. Tสœษช๊œฑ แด‹ษชแด›แด›ส สœแด€๊œฑ แด„สŸแด€แดก๊œฑ. [Tส€แด€ษด๊œฑา“แดส€แด...
2.5K 87 20
Blades visits team prime and scrap happens