His Gift

By varian_alisha

"I Love you but it's okay" ~Kenziah "I wish I could tell you how much I love you Ray." ~Arif ##*Arranged Marr... More

Welcome
1 | The Big No
2 | The Walker Family
3 | Mr. Mafia?
5 | Angry Mother's.
6 | The Yes
7 | The First Day
8 | Baby Face
9 | Through a file?
10 | Why?
11 | Friends
12 | Good And Bad Things
13 | Panic attack
14 | DÉJÀ VU

4 | The Meeting

54 16 5
By varian_alisha

*Narration*

He had been waiting for her for the last half an hour. The meeting was scheduled at 7 pm and it was already 7:45 but there was no sign of her.

He finished another glass of wine, rubbed his temples with his fingers, and checked his phone once more. It was now past 8 o'clock and he started losing his patience.

She is also like everyone else, latecomer he thought.

As he was about to get up a girl came towards his table holding a box of fresh yellow roses, she kept small beautiful box on the table and he looked closely at that roses.

They were fresh with a not attached to it and they also smelled great. He snapped out of his thoughts when the girl decided to speak.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Hemsworth. I didn't want to be late, but you know there's an emergency." And Arif looked at the beautiful blue-eyed girl in front of him. He looked down at her dress.

She was wearing a white floral print shirt with blue jeans, her long hair tied in a half ponytail, her round glasses framing her beautiful blue eyes. She was very simple and plain in appearance but managed to look beautiful.

On the other hand, She saw him after 6 months and her breathing stopped god he looked hot, in that three piece black suit. He was perfect for that clothes or say those clothes were perfect for him. His hair was neatly combed but for some reason she wanted to mess them and make it look like they were looking another day.

She came out of her thoughts when she realized she was ogling at him and she extended the bouquet in her hand to him.

"I brought this for you. You know I was already late but suddenly remembered mom's words to get something for you, so I got this. I hope you like it." She bit her toungh that wasn't supposed to say out loud but He was lost in his thoughts when she gave him a bouquet of flowers. He looked at the bouquet first and then at her, she took the bouquet back and lowered her eyes in embarrassment as she sat across him.

So this is Mom's infamous Kenziah Walker. He thought

He didn't answer her, he just called the waiter and gave their orders, as the waiter left Arif took out two cigarettes from his pocket, lit one for himself and offered the other to Kenziah.

Kenziah looked at the cigarette extended to her and then at Arif and shook her head in no.

Arif rolled his eyes at her, and said

"Now when you don't smoke, you won't even touch the drink, will you?"

"No, I can touch but I do not drink." She shot back looking at her phone.

"You've come to prove that you don't smoke or drink, haven't you?" He spoke and Kenziah frowned.

God, he was rude.

Before she could say anything Arif continued tossing the cigarette to ashtray"You've tried these tricks on my mother to win her over, haven't you?"

"That,I am very decent I don't smoke, I don't drink I respect my mother a lot and on her advice I take a rose for a stranger."

While he was saying that, Kenziah's phone rang, Kenziah took out the phone and typed something and put it back on the table.

"You know, Miss Walker, I left my meeting and came here to see you, which was giving me a profit of 20 million dollars and here you are giving me the excuse of being late that you were buying flowers for me, to impress me and what was an emergency? You couldn't find the best flowers or the best flower shop?" He said bitterly .

The waiter came with their ordered food and put it on the table and left, as soon as he left, Arif started his taunt again.

"You said your mom thought you'd bring me flowers didn't you? So your mother didn't thought you to respected other people's time, Miss.Walker and not use your phone?" He asked gesturing between her ringing phone and her.

But now she was angry, no one could say anything about her mother.

"Of course Mr. Hemsworth, She really thought me to be respectful of other people's time but you know what my profession thought me? It thought me to reach the hospital as soon as I got their call, I know the deal you left for our meeting was very important, but you know the life of my patient, who was bleeding out, is more important than $20 million.." She said angrily.

It was difficult for her to say all this but she said, because no one could say anything about her mother.

She didn't allow this even to her brother.

First love goes to hell happily! She thought.

While he cursed under his breath. Shit! He didn't know she was a doctor.

He didn't know anything about her. He wasn't even interested enough to go through the file about her that his father had placed on his desk without his consent, let alone investigate about her.

"And yes, if my not smoking or drinking proves that I am innocent Then no one can be more spoiled than you. The innocence of people is reflected in their eyes, Mr. Businessman, stop judging them by their habits" She continued and he just stared at her.

"As for trapping your mother, she is not a milk-drinking child who will be trapped by my trap. She must have chosen me on purpose." At this, Arif rolled his eyes at her.

Kenza chuckled throwing her head back and thats when Arif noticed the mole on her collar bone. And suddenly he felt like kissing that mole, But as quickly as that thought came, it was gone when Kenziah said the next thing.

"And the look you're giving me I can tell you're forced into it but you know it's not my fault You can reject me right now but don't expect me to reject you cause I can't. I don't have a choice." She said smiling a bit and his eyes went wide.

Why can't she reject me? He thought.

"Why? well that's it once you tell me your reasons I'll tell you mine. You can fix the meeting whenever you wish, I will come while treating my patient. " She taunted

"And one more thing Mr. hemsworth....."She picked up her box of yellow roses on the table and said,"If I had to impress you, I would have brought red roses, not yellow ones."

"But it's okay if you don't want to keep..." She stopped for a sec before speaking "Waiter?" She called the waiter and a boy came to her,"Hey boy will you keep this flowers by my side as a thank you?"

she asked and the boy shook his head shyly but his gaze was on her mole and Arif got angry.

Arif didn't like the way the boy looked at Kenziah's mole.

"Nice to meet you and see you soon Mr. Hemsworth." Kenziah got up taking out her phone she scanned the QR code paying for untouched food she went out.

Arif was shocked, just as the boy was about to smell the flowers, Arif harshly snatched the bouquet from his hand.

"Sir?" said the waiter trying to get back the bouquet but his ome look and the waiter lowered his hands.

"Shut up." he said and left with the flowers. And read the note attached to it.

Friends?

That was what written on that note. He kept the note in his pocket and left from there.

***

"He was rude, Zoe." Kenziah wined in her phone as she exited the hotel.

"Reject him then, its not like aunt Emma will force you in this." Came Zoe's carefree voice.

Zoe was Kenzia's best friend, since kindergarten. Both of them knew each other very well. But ever since their common friend Siddharth, on whom Zoe had a crush, proposed to Kenzia, she distanced herself from both of them..

Kenziah knew about her friend's heart, she knew that Zoe loved Siddharth and it was not mere crush. She tried to tell Zoe that she never loved him, not the way he wanted her to love him.

But Zoe had refused and distanced herself to both of them but still Kenziah somehow convinced her to help Siddharth to get over his heartbreak and she did. Even Kenziah and Zoe had some differences now. She never failed to keep Zoe informed about everything going on in her life and Zoe loved it.

"But Zo--" Zoe cut her as she spoke

"Don't tell me Ken, You're going to lie, are you?"

"Ofcourse not Zoe, that's why I called you. What should I do now?" She asked her as she sat in her SUV.

"Reject that bitch of a boy." Came Zoe's anger filled voice," he don't deserve you. "

"But.." Kenziah stopped before continuing, "I love him"

"So what Ken. it's not like you are sure that he loves you." Zoe sighed," Don't drag this Ken just reject him and get over. "

"But he--I" Kenziah don't even knew what to say

"I get it Ken I know its hard but.." Zoe again sighed, "What are you going to tell Kay and Ash.I know Kay don't like the guy since he was chosen by Emmy , If he even get the slightest of the idea that he was rude with you he won't spare him." Zoe explained to which kenziah remain silent as she drove in the direction of hospital

"What are you going to tell them anyway?" Zoe asked after long silence.

"I am not going home yet"

"Why?"

"I have a night shift and there are 2 emergencies, so I am occupied till tomorrow afternoon I guess"

"So why don't you meet him tomorrow for a lunch and then reject him."

"Why everyone is telling me to reject him." she asked frustrated as she parked her car in the hospitals parking lot. She wasn't understanding why everyone wants her to reject him when she can do every possible thing to be with him.

She knew he was rude but wanted to find the reason behind his rudeness. Maybe he was forced just like her that was another thing that he turned out to be the same person she loved. So atleast her yes wasn't forced.

"Because I don't feel right Ken, something is off with him." Kenziah just rolled her eyes at her friends response

"I'll talk to you later Zo." She hung up when she reached for her cabin.

Was she forcing herself on him? Was this marriage the only reason for his unruly behavior to her or was there something else she didn't know about? Was she being selfish and only thinking about her own feelings? Many such questions arose in her mind.

But as Zoe said meeting them will solve my problem, she thought before going to the emergency room.

***
°•.•°

'See ya after 20 reads'
,Alisha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 61.5K 59
𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒑𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔; It started with his love. Will it end with...
57 0 7
A princess. A chosen one. A marriage to the cruel king of the enemy kingdom. If this were a fairytale, it could be the premise of a perfect love stor...
148K 7.8K 54
NOTE: I REVISED BEFORE YOU GO, SO THERE WILL BE SOME MISINFORMATION IN THIS ONE REGARDING LEON & ELIZA'S RELATIONSHIP. I WILL FIX IT SOON, THOUGH! *...
Morgan By S

Romance

19K 1.6K 40
Morgan *completed* A filler between (book 4-5) of the Alberta series. Morgan Keaton...unlucky in love, that is an absolute understatement. I'm curse...