เคธเฅเค–เคพเคจเฅเคคเคƒ - A Happy Ending

By SoulOverBeautyy

๐€ ๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’ ๐ค๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฌ ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐’˜๐’๐’Ž๐’‚๐’ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’๐’…. ๐๐ฎ๐ญ ๐š ๐’—๐’Š๐’๐’๐’‚๐’Š๐’ ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๏ฟฝ... More

Author's Talk
||CHAPTER 1||
||CHAPTER 2||
||CHAPTER 3||
||CHAPTER 4||
||CHAPTER 6||
||CHAPTER 7||

||CHAPTER 5||

344 12 18
By SoulOverBeautyy

"The first time you touched me, I knew, I was born to be yours"

~•~

Near the outskirts of Hastinapura

The sun rose, bringing a new beginning for Rajkumara Duryodhana. He stared at the sky wishing himself good luck for the day. His brothers were still not up. He had to wake them up too, which was an absolutely tough task in itself. He missed Dushala everyday, who used to help him wake up their brothers, when all of them were at Hastinapura.

Many years had passed by now. When they all met with Dushala last time, she was 7 years old. They went to gurukula and she went to kanyakula. He always wondered, how would his sister's face be now. Still that little nose? Still those small small round shaped eyes? Still those puffy cheeks whenever she pouts? Overall speaking, a cute little face of a cute little tiny girl. Would she still be that tiny and short heightened?

He wondered, did she even remember them well? The only contact they all could have with her was through letters. Dushala always used to write about her friends which she made at her kanyakula. But since the 3-4 letters, she had not mentioned anything about them which worried her eldest brother. Duryodhana wondered, was everything okay with his little sister? Weren't her friends treating her good anymore? That she stopped talking about them in letters.

He wondered, if that was the reason, then she might be feeling so alone. The brothers have each other, but she... she has none. She went there all alone. He remembered how much adoration she has for her gurumata. The one who teaches all the female students. He knew Dushala loved her gurumata really a lot. And her gurumata would never let any injustice happen to her.

While he was busy thinking about all these, he felt a pat on his shoulder. He turned to his right and found his friend, Ashwatthama, who was still not satisfied with sleep. "What were you thinking, mitra?", Ashwatthama asked in a sleepy tone.

"Nothing. You tell me first, you slept for so many hours. Still your sleep isn't over?", Duryodhana asked, annoyed with Ashwatthama's continuous yawns.

"No, I think I need an hour or two more. Which I'll surely get when we reach Hastinapura. You don't have to worry about my sleep, my dear friend", Ashwatthama gave him a cheeky smile. Duryodhana did nothing except just mimicking him under his breath.

Ashwatthama again yawned before asking, "speak up, what's there in your mind? What were you thinking oh-so-deep in this early morning".

"I was thinking about Dushala", replied Duryodhana, his face turning more upset.

While Ashwatthama just sighed, pressing his temples with his index finger, "You're going to meet her in a few hours. You should be happy. Still, why are you so tense right now?"

"Actually, in the last few letters I got from her, she didn't mention anything about her friends like the Yadav princess or Kashi princess. In every letter there has to be at least two-three lines about her friends. She loves them very much. So I am confused, why hasn't she been talking about them anymore for a few days?". Ashwatthama wanted to laugh out loud at his best friend's tension regarding such a timid matter. How did such a thought even stroke his best friend's ever-empty mind? But yeah, he could understand a brother's stress for sister.

Ashwatthama caressed Duryodhana's shoulder. Smilingly, he said, "You're stressing yourself over nothing, mitra. Now you're going to meet her.. right? So you ask her directly yourself. As much as I know her, I know if there's any problem, she wouldn't be able to hide from her eldest brother for much longer. I'm sure she'll tell you. Now, let's go and wake those idiots up. Hmmm??".

Duryodhana felt a little relaxed, after talking with his best friend. He chuckled, remembering that he had to wake up his brothers too. Both of them got up and went to wake the sleepy Kauravas up.

Duryodhana stopped in the middle way, looked at his ring and muttered with closed eyes, "Everything will be great today. It has to be", then he resumed.

In the Hastinapura guest palace

Bhanumati stared outside, standing at the guest chamber balcony. Hastinapura city looked so admirable today. Ofcourse, their princes were coming back after years. So, the whole kingdom has to look perfect. Bhanu so wanted to explore it a little, but she knew she was not allowed to do that.

Her father would never allow her to roam in an unknown city with no bodyguards. She sometimes found her father really weird. He would scold and lecture her like anything if she commits any mistake but the next moment he would be behaving all caring. Bhanu wasn't a fool. She knew... how her father would come to check on her, whenever she's not well; how he would punish the ministers, who ever try to oppose her opinions; how he would save her from every trouble approaching her; how he would always respect her decisions regarding court and political matters.

She knew her father would never want her to find out about his care for her. Maybe he does have a soft spot in his heart for his daughter. He never showed it through his actions or through his words. Instead he would always show hatred towards her. The mahamantri and senapati always told her that her father did love her. But it was always her, who believed her father to have no emotion for her.

Who was at fault for this condition of their relationship? Her or him? He never even told her the reason for his cold behavior. From what she had heard from the people was that, because of her, her mother died. Her father loved his wife so much that he refused to accept his own daughter.

A tear slipped from her eye and rolled down her blank face. She scrunched her nose as a cold wind hit her face. She immediately grabbed her ring tightly. And slowly she felt the warmth embracing her. A smile graced upon her lips. Finally, she found some comfort!

She turned around towards the door as somebody knocked on it. She walked upto the door and opened it. Two beautiful women were there. One was dressed in white colour clothes and had minimal jewelry. Other one had a blindfold over her eyes and had worn red clothes along with many pieces of jewelry. Both the ladies looked royal. Bhanumati immediately recognised both of them. She folded her hands and whispered namo namah. Both the ladies smiled at her. She welcomed both of them inside the room. They all sat on couches.

"Look jiji, I had told you naa she'll surely recognise us and look, she did", Rani Kunti said happily to Maharani Gandhari while Bhanu smiled lightly looking in their direction.

"She had to Kunti. After All she is related to our family in so many ways", Maharani Gandhari replied to her with the same energy as her sister-in-law.

While Bhanu seemed confused, "I can't understand, how come in so many ways?".

Both the ladies' smiles lessened a bit hearing her. But they smiled again with full enthusiasm. Woah, what energy! Bhanu wondered, were they always this energetic? Maharani drifted her out of her thoughts, "Your father is not only Hastinapura king's friend. In Fact, your father and king have been best friends since childhood. Your step-mother too is Rani Kunti's friend. Our kingdoms have been sharing a great relation in politics for years, which you must be already aware of. Your maternal family are Kuruvansh's relatives. And even Angadesh, you know".

Bhanu's face went blank as she heard 'step-mother'. She felt uncomfortable. She hated even the mere mention of her parents and step-mother after all. And also the mention of Angadesh caused her mind to run back to the past. Somehow she pulled a forceful smile on face, before speaking, "I am sorry. I wasn't aware of Rani Kunti being my step-mother's friend. And yes I know very well about our political relation".

Again a happy giggle left from both the ladies' mouths. While Bhanumati just smiled forcefully again. "So, We have heard that you hold a powerful position in the royal court of Ayodhya. That's so brave of you to be this much successful at this young age. Ahh.. by the way, please don't mind me asking your exact age, dear?", Rani Kunti asked.

'Why the hell were they so interested in me? I'm feeling so uncomfortable right now', Bhanu thought, annoyed by the ladies' talk. "I am 21 at the moment. I'll turn 22 soon", Bhanu informed.

She noticed there was little worry over Maharani Gandhari's face before she revealed her age. Now a satisfied smile broke out on her face, "Nice. So what's your hobby? I mean what do you like to do in your free time?".

"I don't usually get free time because of my workload. But whenever I get it, I read books. I like to read books. There is a big library inside my chamber. And about hobbies... Well I do sing a little. And I have learnt to play a few musical instruments, but not sure if I am good at playing them. As I haven't even touched any since years", replied Bhanumati. A genuine smile was on her face when she talked about books.

Her statement disappointed Maharani Gandhari, somehow, she did notice. But she didn't know why. But she saw Rani Kunti being happier. She was confused, one was disappointed, and the other one was happy?

"My Yudhishthira too loves to read books. He likes musical instruments too", exclaimed Rani Kunti, surprising Bhanu, as all of a sudden, she seemed so happy. Why was that?

"Sahadeva is addicted to reading books, Kunti. Not Yudhishthira. As much as I remember, Yudhishthira read books sometimes just to pass unneeded time. And it's Arjuna who likes musical instruments, not Yudhishthira. Yudhishthira just likes to hear", Maharani Gandhari told Rani Kunti. While Rani Kunti shut her mouth hearing her. Seems like Maharani spoke the complete truth, while Rani was speaking half. Maharani's tone was so sassy. Just like a queen's one should be.

"Leave that, tell me which god or goddess you adore the most dear?", Maharani asked, smiling lightly.

"Ayodhya-pati, Shree Ram!", Bhanu replied with a huge smile on face. Maharani's smile dropped while Rani's face brightened. God knows why? What the hell was wrong with these two ladies...??

"Umm.. What about Devon ke deva Mahadeva?", Maharani inquired again.

"For me, every god and goddess are equal. I never try to find any difference between them. Be it Narayana, Brahma, Mahadeva, Indra, Lakhshmi, Saraswati, Shakti, Durga or any other. Just that, I belong to Shree Ram's vansh. So Shree Ram holds a very special place in my heart", Bhanu passed them a hesitate smile. This time it was Maharani's turn to smile satisfied and Rani's turn to lessen her smile.

Then, both of them got up from their couches. And smiled at me. "We both should take our leave now. There is still much preparation left to be done. It was nice conversing with you, princess", Rani Kunti said. Maharani Gandhari nodded her head at her sister-in-law's words.

"You're right Kunti. She's really very sweet". Maharani said, caressing Bhanu's head. While Bhanu froze. Her soft hands did some magic to Bhanu. Bhanu felt so comfortable and better all of a sudden. "Please join us for breakfast, dear. You can meet with other Hastina royals there. I'll ask my daughter to take you to breakfast on time", Maharani patted Bhanu's hair before leaving.

Bhanu muttered, "sure". And then accompanied them till the door. And then flashed a charming smile at both of them before closing the door.

Maharani Gandhari was really genuine and polite with her. She thought.

••

Bhanumati stopped wiping her wet hair, when she heard a noise outside. She looked at the door for a moment and waited for the knock. But the knock never came. And another noise was heard from outside. She sighed and kept the towel on a stool. She put a cloth over her head to hide her wet hair. She walked towards the door and opened it. She saw a pretty teenage girl looking at her startled.

'I guess she didn't expect me to open the door all of a sudden', Bhanu thought seeing the girl having a total-shocked look on face.

"May I know your identity, miss? I'm sorry, I can't recognise", Bhanu spoke as the girl looked royal.

"I- I am Princess Dus-Dushala", the girl replied, fidgeting with her loose end of dress nervously.

"Ohh... Maharani Gandhari had told me that you'll come to take me to the dining hall for breakfast. Please wait for a moment. I'll set my hair and come", Said Bhanu smiling at her and then went inside to tie her hair.

Dushala stared at the ground nervously. Bhanu came back and smiled at her. Dushala gestured her to start walking. They walked towards the dining hall. Bhanu became tensed seeing Dushala so nervous.

"Rajkumari", Bhanumati called.

"Ye-yes".

"Do I look like a demoness?"

"No! No, Princess Bhanumati", Dushala replied, shocked by Bhanu's weird question.

"So, am I ugly?".

"Not at all, Princess. But, may I know why you're asking such questions?".

"If not, then why are you so nervous?"

Dushala stared at her, startled. Bhanu wanted to laugh at her cute face, "Speak clearly princess. What's making you uncomfortable?".

"Ac- actually.. you're handling the duties of Yuvaraja and Maharani of Ayodhya, you're so powerful, so I thought you would be arrogant and egoistic..."

Dushala realized what she said as she saw Bhanumati's lip parting in surprise. "I am sorry, princess. I didn't mean to insult you, using such words for you. Please forgive me", The anxiety on Dushala's face was worth watching. Bhanu chuckled.

"I didn't mind, princess. It's okay. You need not to be anxious", Bhanu assured, but Dushala was still worried, "Listen, you're nervous because you're seeing me as a powerful position holder of the royal court of Ayodhya. See me as a normal human. See me as your friend or sister. Then you'll be able to get along with me well".

Dushala finally felt assured hearing her and also the soothing smile on her face made Dushala want to hug her and cry heart out. They both then went inside the dinning hall and had their breakfast together. Dushala told her many things about Hastinapura. And they also found out that they shared many choices in common.

They became good friends soon. Dushala saw her eldest brother's glimpse in Bhanu, which wholly perplexed her.

••

In the corridors of Hastinapura guest palace

Bhanumati was returning to her chamber after her breakfast. She suddenly halted in her tracks as she saw Mahamahim Bhishma coming from the other side. There were two more men with him. One in royal dress and another in local people. She assumed the royal dress man to be the King as he had a big crown on his head.

Bhishma saw her and whispered to Dhritarashtra that Ayodhya's princess Viranshi Bhanumati was standing in front of them. A huge smile formed on Dhritarashtra's face. Both Bhishma and Sanjay were confused seeing him smiling this wide. This was his signature smile, only meant to break out on his face, only for his eldest son. Dhritarashtra walked towards her and smiled at her. Bhanu folded her hands and greeted the three of them smiling lightly.

"How are you doing, my best friend's daughter? I hope you're satisfied with our hospitality", The name he used for her made everyone smile at him amusingly.

"I am good, maharaja. I am quite satisfied with Hastinapura's hospitality. And the breakfast food was really commendable. I hope tomorrow's celebration and today's kala pradarshan goes according to how your majesty wish", Replied Bhanumati. Dhritarashtra was extremely pleased seeing her talking so freely yet politely.

"I hope so too, Rajkumari. Now please excuse us, I am in a hurry right now. Otherwise I would like to talk with my best friend's daughter more, who's like a daughter to me too", Dhritarashtra said smiling, while Bhanu's smile lessened hearing her father's mention again.

Just as he was about to leave, Bhishma spoke, "Maharaja, I need to talk with Rajkumari about something. You please continue. I'll join you soon". Dhritarashtra nodded his head and then went from there holding Sanjay's hand.

"Good morning, Princess"

"Wishing you the same, Mahamahim. You really need to talk about something?"

"Umm.. yes! Actually, I needed to ask you some questions regarding the light. Could I? Only if you don't mind", Bhishma replied hesitatingly. He was not sure whether she would like to talk about that light which was absolutely unknown to her.

"Okay. You can ask anything you want to. Please go ahead", Bhanu confirmed that she wouldn't mind.

"Did you feel uncomfortable when that light fell on your body?"

"No I didn't. In Fact, I have never felt this much comfortable with anything earlier. I felt a different feeling", Bhanu smiled, remembering the light again.

"It turned your body cold.. right?"

"No. Not at all. It gave me warmth. At first it was too much. But slowly the heat decreased. And I felt incredibly comfortable. Absolutely soothing it was indeed"

"O-okay. So that means you felt peace"

"Yeah I did. And I still do whenever I think of it. But at the same time, I am confused as to why that light fell on me only?"

"Maybe because you're special for Kuru-rashtra and Kuruvansh", Bhishma answered, smiling naturally.

"Is that so? Then, can I request you something, Mahamahim?", Bhanu's eyes carried a hope which made Bhishma curious. He nodded his head in affirmation. "Your capital city looks so beautiful, doesn't it? Please let me go and roam around the city", She requested.

"Thanks for the compliment. And yeah don't say 'your'. Please accept our kingdom and family as your own. And why not? You surely can. I'll personally ask my most trusted men to show you around-"

"Nooo! I could have gone with my own bodyguard If it was that simple", Bhanu had a small pout on face which was hard to notice but Bhishma did and immediately understood that she was facing some trouble.

"What's stopping you from going, princess?"

"Maharaja"

"Dhritarashtra?"

"No. I mean- my father"

"But why? I'll take proper care of your security, princess", Bhishma scrunched his eyebrows in confusion.

"Actually, I want to roam, wearing a common woman's dress. I don't want to appear as a high-class or royal one", Bhanu answered, smiling sheepishly. While Bhishma stared at her in disbelief.

"That's dangerous, princess. I can't give you permission, I am sorry", Bhishma replied, seeming somewhat angry.

"Please, mahamahim. You just said that I can consider this kingdom and its people as my own... Right? Then why can't I roam around in disguise??"

Bhanumati literally tied Bhishma's tongue with her words. Bhishma could do nothing except nodding his head in agreement. Bhanu smiled happily. And then requested, "Please don't tell anything about this to anyone. Please keep the King of Ayodhya busy with yourself till I come back".

"Ok princess. As you say. But please be back till noon. As the program will start after lunch"

Bhanumati smiled and walked to her chamber hurriedly. Bhishma smiled, staring in her way.

••

Near Hastinapura main town

Duryodhana stared at his brothers who were fighting among themselves for a mango. Sama and Saha were literally on the verge of hitting each other over a mango. Their fight was entertaining. Only until it turned serious. God, when were his brothers going to be mature?

They had their breakfast. And currently they were heading towards Hastinapura city. If they reached before lunch time, then they would roam around for sometime. And then after having lunch at some random hotel, they would assemble at the place their gurudeva had told them.

But, it seems like it would take them eternity to reach the city, because of the ongoing fight between Sama and Saha. Duryodhana finally had to yell at them. Just one yell of their Jyeshtha, and they threw the mango and kept on riding their horses, keeping their mouths closed. Duryodhana smiled in satisfaction.

An hour later, they saw the city infront of them. All of their eyes watered. Duryodhana just wanted to get down from the horse and run to the Mahadeva temple. He fastened his horse's speed and a few minutes later, he was standing in front of the temple. He walked inside. It was still the same!

He halted seeing the poor people pleading him to donate them something. He smiled gently and then took out his gold bracelet and gave them. He moved towards the stairs. He touched the first stair, with his four fingers (leaving thumb), of his right hand and closed his eyes. He placed the same fingers on his eye chakra.

A sudden feeling of peace ran through his veins. Seeing his lord's temple, in his kingdom, after so many years, he finally felt he was at home. A kind of home, which only his lord was able to provide him. And now... This ring! As he started climbing the stairs, his eternal devotion towards Kailashnath started to surround him. He rang the bell. The sound wave sent shivers through his spines as he heard that after ages. After a few more steps, he was finally in front of his lord. His devotion took over him completely. And he surrendered himself completely to his lord. He fell down on the floor, right in front of his lord's statue. A huge smile broke out on his face.

The smiling face of Sadashiva, made him want to fondle his lord. He did attempt, but he was so much into euphoria that he was scared. Scared of going away. He had already lived away for so many years. Only he and his lord knew that how much his heart ached as his heart wanted to fall on Sanatana's feet.

The bells rang furiously due to the abrupt blow of wind. The sound of bells returned his peace to him. He finally found his courage, which he lost a few moments ago. He touched Umapati's feet with both of his hands. And then kept his forehead over his lord's feet.

All of his uneasy nerves calmed down. He felt tranquility cuddling him. The magic of his lord was incomprehensible for him. He never understood; what magic his lord's feet, face, name etc held that could even calm a volcano like him. Fresh tears flowed down his cheeks. After almost two decades, his face was wet with tears. His smile conveyed everything to Lord Mahadeva. The kind of smile, which even the Lord of Lords, Mahadeva too, wanted to witness for ages. A smile filled with peace, happiness and gratitude!

The Kauravas were in an emotional state, watching their eldest brother surrendering himself to Lord Mahadeva. Some of them were almost on the verge of bursting into tears. Thanks to Ashwatthama who handled them well.

The Kauravas, excluding Duryodhana and Dushala, never had much interest in religion. Since childhood, it was always Duryodhana and Dushala, who used to worship Mahakaal. And they just used to stare with folded hands. It was not like they were non religious. They did respect Gods and Goddesses, especially Mahadeva. The only God they ever truly felt devoted to was Mahadeva. The reason behind this might be because they were boons to him. They were a part of him. So their little devotion towards them wasn't something to be surprised about.

Ashwatthama moved towards Yuyutsu and placed a hand over his arm. Yuyutsu looked at him, smiled, wiping a tear off his eye. "Although we had a very nice Shivalinga at gurukula. But Jyeshtha Bhraata does have some attachment with this temple and this statue. Don't know why", Yuyutsu said looking at Ashwatthama. While the smiling Ashwatthama gestured him to speak further. "Maata Gandhari was the one who first introduced all of us to Mahadeva. Bhraata Duryodhana and Dushala were really fast to connect with Mahadeva. But the rest of us had a kind of complaint with him. Everybody had their own reasons. We still have. My reason is, nobody respected me because I was born out of a maid's womb", Yuyutsu's bitter smile caused Ashwatthama to caress his back.

"Duryodhana too has many complaints regarding his life, right? And he voices those out in front of Lord Shiva too", Ashwatthama spoke as Yuyutsu took a pause.

"That's what confuses us. He too has complaints but still how he's so fond of Mahakaal?", Yuyutsu wondered, remembering all the moments when he had seen Duryodhana worshiping Lord Shankara.

"Seems like, only he can answer that", Ashwatthama smiled gazing at Duryodhana's figure which had fallen upon Lord's feet. So did Yuyutsu.

In Hastinapura's main market

Bhanumati moved around the city of Hastinapura which was literally bursting with joy. The gorgeously decorated city looked no less than a newlywed bride. She visited many shops. The handicrafts were beautiful and strong but not as much as her Kosala's. She missed her kingdom, Kosala. Her mind already imagined her kingdom to be dull without its royal family. The people of Hastina were excited to meet the royal princes and princess of their kingdom. She could witness the whole Kuru-Rashtra roaming around the markets of Hastinapura.

"Elder sister!"

She felt a pull on her dress. She looked down to find a girl child staring at her. Bhanu smiled and half-sat on the ground matching the girl's height. "Who are you, child?", Bhanu asked her, smiling warmly.

"Your future teller, elder sister"

Bhanu was impressed seeing the little girl's confidence. Bhanu caressed her hair before asking, "really? Then tell me what's going to happen during my stay at Hastinapura?". The girl took Bhanu's palm in her little hands and scanned it. While Bhanu observed her expressions which were quite cute.

"Hmm. Seems like, your visit to Hastinapura is going to be very lucky for you", spoke the girl smiling happily.

"Is that so, kiddo?"

"Yes, elder sister. You'll find somebody very special here. Somebody who shall never leave your side ever. Somebody who shall be forever ready to share your pain. Somebody whom you can trust more than you trust yourself". Bhanu stared at the little girl's brightly smiling face, blankly.

Suddenly the girl's face turned serious, "Some incidents might happen here, which would hurt you and disturb your mental peace. But trust the god. God will never disappoint you". Bhanu stared at the girl with a hurtful smile. The girl then cupped Bhanu's cheeks and then placed a kiss on her forehead. Bhanu took out a sweet, from the sweet box she bought for her brother, and forwarded it to the girl. The girl accepted it and ran away happily.

Bhanu smiled, staring at her retreating figure. She was about to walk towards another shop, when she heard the girl shouting loudly from a distance, "Go to the Mahadeva temple near the mango garden of Hastinapur". Bhanu seemed confused but she did decide to go there asking some people the way.

••

In the most grand Mahadeva temple of Hastinapura

Duryodhana tied the red sacred thread around the window. He suddenly felt a strong urge to touch his ring. He started to feel a wave of emotions rush through his veins. He started to feel the white scarf woman who had deer-like eyes. He looked up and his coal black eyes met with her nut brown ones. His mind went blank. He could only focus on the deer like nut brown eyes at the moment. She still had the white scarf on which was covering her face.

His hands automatically moved towards the window. Bhanumati was already staring at him. Both of them had unusual emotions filled in their eyes. He touched the window. She did too. Their fingers contacted. Both of them felt the electrical voltage passing through their whole body. Their bodies were shivering. They had never felt such a feeling before.

Both of them wanted to speak. At Least wanted to know each other's names. A few moments passed. None of them could utter even a word. They mentally decided to force themselves to talk. Just as they were about to speak.. Bhanu was suddenly jerked to her right side. A yell left her mouth, before somebody covered it.

Duryodhana let out a baffled gasp. He ran towards the other side of the window. By the time he reached there, they were already gone. He could find none there. He punched the wall in anger, before moving around to check more.

"Diduu, calm down. It's me"

"Bhavi?", Bhanu looked at the man who was forcing her to stay quiet till now. Vaibhav nodded his head in yes. Bhanu stared at him in shock, "What in the name of God, what are you doing here? Why did you jerk me out of there just like that?".

"What should have I done then? You left the palace without telling anybody. So that was your punishment", Vaibhav spoke, making her stand properly. His tone held serious anger.

"Now you are punishing your elder sister?", Bhanu asked timidly.

"When elders do wrong, it's the youngers duty to make them aware of the right thing"

"But I didn't do anything wrong. I had a talk with Mahamahim. And he let me go. Anyways, I can take good care of myself. Don't you know that, Bhavi?", Bhanu folded her arms angrily.

"Yeah. I just witnessed that. How brave you're, princess of Kosala. I must join my hands in front of you and seek your blessings", Vaibhav dramatically joined his hands in front of her and bent down to touch her feet.

"Stop your drama, Bhavi. Stop teasing your elder sister!", Bhanu ordered angrily.

"Don't shout. Speak slowly, didu. Someone might hear", whispered Vaibhav, confusing her.

"Why?"

"Don't you know how the people of Hastinapura are? Too much orthodox"

"Yeah, you're right. But, why are you here?", Bhanu asked confusingly.

"To escort you back to your chamber. The King of Ayodhya has already asked for you twice. Thanks to Mahamahim who diverted his mind each time. And I know you can't take well care of yourself. So I had to come. And guess what? I was right"

"What the hell do you mean? I can't take care of myself? Do you even remember your age, kid? You're just 17 while I'm 21. So dare you say like that again", Bhanu pointed her index finger at him dangerously.

"Yeah yeah. I saw that. You couldn't punch me even lightly. Forget about self defense. What if there was someone else instead of me? What if someone intended to kidnap you?", Vaibhav seemed quite serious. Bhanumati rolled her eyes, growing Vaibhav's anger, "You'll learn self defense after we reach Ayodhya. I'll myself ask your bodyguards to teach you". Bhanumati stared at her brother in disbelief.

Just as they were about to step out of the temple, she turned around and stared at the statue of Mahadeva, "Make me meet with him. Please Bholenaath".

Duryodhana punched a pillar nearby. He searched the whole temple for her. But she was nowhere to be found. He lost her!

He gazed at the statue of Mahadeva and joined his hands, "Please make me meet with her, Lord. Please".

~•~

Word Count: 5150+

------------

Glossary:

Rajkumara: Prince

Gurukula: A gurukula is a type of education system in ancient India with students living near or with the teacher in the same house for a period of time where they learn and get educated by their teacher

Kanyakula: A kanyakula is a type of education system in ancient India with female students living near or with the female teacher in the same house for a period of time where they learn and get educated by their female teacher

Gurumata: Female teacher or male teacher's wife

Mahamantri: prime minister

Senapati: commander-in-chief

Maharani: Great queen

Rani: Queen

Ayodhya-pati: Ayodhya's lord. It refers to Shree Ramchandra

Mahamahim: Greater of the greatest. Here the title is given to Bhishma

Maharaja: Great king

Rajkumari: Princess

Yuvaraja: crown prince

Gurudeva: teacher

Jyeshtha Bhraata: Eldest Brother

Kailashnath: lord of Kailash. Mahadeva

Sadashiva: one who's always happy, loving and auspicious. Mahadeva

Umapati: Uma (goddess Parvati)'s eternal husband

Sanatana: eternal god. Here used for Mahadeva

Maata: Mother

Shivalinga: In Sanskrit, Linga means a "mark" or a symbol, which points to an inference. Thus the Shiva Linga is a symbol of Lord Shiva; a mark that reminds of the Omnipotent Lord, which is formless.

Mahakaal: someone who's beyond time and death. Mahadeva.

Shankara: Giver of Bliss. Mahadeva.

-------------

Liked Chapter 5 my, lovelies ?

So, let's talk about it.

Our Duryodhana misses his little sister, Dushala. We'll see their bond in the next chapter. Wait till then.

We all should have a friend like Ashwatthama in our life. The best, best-friend he is!

Bhanumati met with her mother-in-law and aunt-in-law. Something is going on between the two ladies. But what? We will get to know that in the upcoming chapters.

Bhanu finds Gandhari as a sweet lady. Mother-in-law afterall haha. She didn't comment on Kunti. We'll get to see more of Kunti-Bhanu moments in the later future. And in near we'll see Gandhari-Bhanu.

Bhanu met with Dushala. Dushala was scared of her. But Bhanu befriended her. And now they are on really good terms.

Bhanu had a conversation with Dhritarashtra. Although a short timed one. Dhritarashtra calls her 'my best friend's daughter'. Cute one, right?

Mahamahim Bhishma questioned Bhanu about the light as he had decided, indirectly!

Bhishma finally agreed to let Bhanumati roam around the city all alone haha.

Duryodhana entered the Mahadeva Mandir of his Hastinapura after so long. Got emotional and still am.

We got to see Yuyutsu and Ashwatthama's conversation regarding Duryodhana's devotion.

The little future teller of Bhanumati informed her of the mental disturbance she's gonna face in the near future. But the lil future teller also ensured her that she's gonna have a special person in her life soon.

Duryodhana and Bhanumati met again. Yet they still couldn't meet personally haha. Patience, my lovelies, patience!

Don't tell me you people are angry at Vaibhav for interrupting his sister and brother-in-law. Haha! He's still a kid. Come on, forgive this adorable kid.

Hmm, so Vaibhava is planning on teaching Bhanumati self-defense. I personally feel that it's necessary for every woman.

Anyway, it ends here.

So, will meet in the next chappy! Till then, bubyyee 💕

Your author

Neha cum SoulOverBeautyy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 676 24
Gandharigarbha Sambhuta , the heir of Kuru Kingdom Duryodhan famously known as the antagonist , literally as a villain of the great epic Mahabharat...
38.9K 2.6K 92
"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all the darkness." Broken Without You- A Ray Of Hope. Book 1 of Broken Without You Seri...
3.5M 198K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
3.9K 273 31
โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:*โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:*โœง๏ฝฅ*โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:*โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: ๐Ÿ…‚๐Ÿ„ด๐Ÿ…€๐Ÿ…„๐Ÿ„ด๐Ÿ„ป ๐Ÿ…ƒ๐Ÿ„พ ๐Ÿ„บ๐Ÿ„ฐ๏ฟฝ...