Pink Hope (Completed)

lemonmintdrink द्वारा

A second chance at love अधिक

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 4.1
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 1

2.5K 81 33
lemonmintdrink द्वारा

Arnav is known to be a grumpy man with a difficult past who always prefers being alone. Ever since he lost his wife of 2 years, Sheetal to a car accident. A drunk trunk driver had hit her car and her car was literally squished in the effect. Despite the modernity of seat belts and air bags being deployed at the time of the accident, the damage was done leaving severe impact. Arnav was working at the hospital at the time. He spent countless nights post her death wondering if things would have been different had he been in the car with her. Had they not fought that afternoon of the accident over their unborn child, would things been different? It was honestly a silly fight where Arnav wanted Sheetal to take some day and rest up since her iron levels had gone down and she bleeded a little, which alarmed the whole family. Sheetal in her hormonal state,  felt that his overprotectiveness was too much and left for her home, without even informing Arnav, who was busy doing an operation at the hospital.

Had they not fought that day, Sheetal wouldn't have gone to her parent's house and the truck driver wouldn't have hit the car. She would have been alive with their daughter or son who would have been 2 years old at this point.

Everyone at home, including his mom and sister, are wishing rather hoping that Arnav moves on and finds someone else. But Arnav is clinging on to his past. To the love of his wife, Sheetal. They met during university and they have been together ever since. How was he supposed to forget 10 years of togetherness?

It was Arnav's niece, Tara's parent's day at her playschool (as it is the first day and parents & kids introduce themselves in front of the class) and both my sister and my jiju (brother-in-law) were busy and they put to me up to it. My sister, Anjali is the CEO of AR industries, inherited by our dad which was passed down from our grandfather. My jiju, Shyam is a company lawyer. And that's how these two met and the rest was history. Together, they have the cutest little pumpkin, Tara who would be turning three in two weeks.

At thirty three years old, life has become a routine for Arnav and the only thing that brings him joy is his princess, Tara.

In playschool, parents and their kid would come in front of classroom and introduce themselves. And when it was Arnav's turn to do so, there was someone at the door with their son.

She apologized for being late and the teacher welcomed them in. She was dressed in blue kurta with white legging. Her hair loosely tied up into a ponytail and her sparkly earrings danced to her beats.

There was a certain magic in the calmness of a blue aesthetic.

Arnav introduced himself - "Hi everyone, My name is Arnav and I'm doctor and I treat heart. Does anyone know where the heart is?" and he watched kids place their hand over their chest, finding their heart.

Slightly pulling Tara in front of me, he continued - "This is my favourite niece. Tara"

The kids chorused and said - "Hi Taraaaa"

After Arnav's turn, it was that lady's turn and just like Arnav, she came alone with her son. Arnav wonder where her husband is, missing out a fun day with his son. Perhaps he's busy. Who is he to judge since Arnav came for his niece?

"Hi everyone, My name is Khushi Gupta. I am doctor and I work in the ER."

One of the kids asked - "You do give injections, aunty ?" earning a couple of laughs from the crowd.

Khushi replied, in a baby tone - "If you are a bad boy, I will give injections. This is my son, Aarav ."

Aarav waved his hand, shyly hiding himself behind Khushi's legs.

The teacher said that it was time for Aarav to introduce himself.

Aarav smiled at everyone and I could see the resemblance between him and Khushi.

Aarav - "Hiii, My name is Aarav. I am 3 years old. I live with my mom and I love her very much." and proceeded to hug Khushi's legs, earning a couple of 'awws' from the audience.

One of the dads asked - "Tell us about your dad."

Aarav looked at Khushi and she nodded, promptly him to speak further - "My dad is in heaven. " making the atmosphere suddenly turn somber and little heavy.

Aarav added - "He fought a battle with blood cancer and lost the war, even though I gave him my sword." earning a couple of giggles from the kids and tugging more heartstrings from the adults.

Arnav watched Khushi fidgeting with her wedding ring on her finger, feeling slightly nervous. The blue topaz brought out her chocolate brown eyes and he watched her trying to stop her tears and stay brave in front of her son.

Guess she hasn't yet gotten herself adjusted to life after the death of her husband and uses the ring as a way to cope. Just like him, as he stared at his engagement band.A simple platinum band that Sheetal gave him on the day of their engagement, almost 5 years ago.

Everyone had fun and the parents joined their kids for fun activities. As the day ended, Khushi walked with Aarav, holding his hand. Aarav smiled at her. Guess he liked his new school and she was glad about it. Back home, her two best good boys - Aarav and their Labrador - Pluto. Her brother had gifted her - a puppy a few months after Rahul passed away, hoping that it would take her mind off grief and he was successful slightly.

Khushi named him Pluto since Rahul always wanted a dog and named Pluto after his favorite Disney character, Pluto.

(Next day)

Today was Khushi's first day at the hospital. She needed a change and a new environment and so when she got this offer, she was really excited to take it up. However, both her elder brother (Nk) and her sister-in-law (Lavanya) were not happy since she will be moving to a new apartment to be closer to the hospital and Aarav's nursery which unfortunately is slightly far from their home. Nk had watched his little sister who had been living for herself, slowly morph into living only for her son, ever since Rahul's death. Khushi had sworn off men to focus on herself and her son.

But, being a single working mother was no joke. In fact, even her employers questioned her on how she plans on managing parenthood and work, at the time of her job interview.

Back in the canteen, Arnav spotted Khushi alone at the table, having her lunch. Guess she is yet to make any friends. He found his legs carrying him to walk up to her.

Arnav - "Khushi?"

Khushi recognized him from the school but couldn't remember his name for the love of God.

Khushi trying to recall his name - "Sid?"

Arnav joked -"Guess that's my name then."

Khushi felt slightly embarrassed - "I'm sorry, I am bad with names."

Arnav - "It's Arnav!"

Khushi - "Hi Arnav!"

Arnav - "Hi Khushi!"

And they continued to have their lunch in silence. It was not an awkward one, surprisingly. I

Later that day, his colleagues gossiped about her and considered as less appealing, because she's a single mom. Arnav really didn't understand the logic. To him, she's a mom and that somehow made her more attractive.

'She's such a sunlight and ray of hope' - He thought, having seen her playing with Aarav and Tara at school.

He wondered how Sheetal would be a mom. Would she be a fun one like Khushi or the bad cop? Guess he would never know.

However, Khushi had a hard time dealing with people questioning whether being raised by just one parent is good for the kid and several people wondering where his husband might be. Some of her colleagues from her previous hospital even thought that he cheated on her and that she left him. That's one of main reason she left her previous job. She need a new environment to find herself back and regain control over her life, rather than sobbing and missing over her dead husband of three years. Three years since he died from cancer, he fought a long and painful battle with cancer. But only so little medicine can do and the cancer was late detected for treatment. Khushi felt ashamed that she missed any symptoms of cancer. She was supposed to know after all she was a doctor and blamed herself for his death. Had she known sooner, maybe they would have had more time together and Rahul would still be alive. Being the world's best father to Aarav. But the stars were aligned for that dream. Yes, once a reality is now merely a dream.

One week later, Khushi learnt from one of the nurses that Dr. Arnav was married and his wife died three years ago from car accident. Rumour had it that his wife was pregnant at the time of the accident. She would understand his pain of losing his wife. She was there. She is still there. Stuck in that past. Khushi could relate to Arnav and his broodiness, which her colleagues would complain about.

CHARACTERS

ARNAV's side

· Arnav - Doctor at AR Hospital (viz a part of AR Industries)

· Sheetal - Arnav's wife, died in car accident

· Anjali - Arnav's elder sister , CEO of AR Group

· Shyam - Anjali's husband, Lawyer

· Tara - Anjali and Shyam's daughter

· Arnav's mom - homemaker

· Arnav's dad - Board member of AR group. Previously was CEO but retired from the position and pass the title to his daughter.

KHUSHI's side

· Khushi - Doctor at AR Hospital

· Rahul - Khushi's husband, died due to blood cancer

· Aarav - Khushi and Rahul's son

· Pluto - Khushi's dog

· NK - Khushi's elder brother

· Lavanya - NK's wife

· Khushi's dad - died 6 years ago (around the time Khushi got married)

· Khushi's mom - died when Khushi was 10 years ago

A/N

This is my second time writing this trope of single parents and having a second chance at love. I hope you like this concept. Please do let me know.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Many thanks!!

Date published - 23OCT2023 (1987 words)

CHAPTER INSPIRATIONS

· Person A and Person B are both single parents who still wear wedding rings on their fingers, but for different reasons. Person A wears theirs because they still haven't adjusted to life after the death of their spouse and use it as a way to cope; Person B has never been married but bought themselves a ring to avoid the stigma of being a single parent. Because of this, Person A and Person B both think the other is married. This little secret of theirs is exposed after their daughters become best friends and tell each other their parents' secret.

· The character has to deal with people questioning whether being raised by just one parent is good for the kid.

· The character has to deal with people wondering who/where the other parent might be.

· The character is questioned by prospective employers about how they'll coordinate parenthood and work.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

714K 31.4K 41
♕︎𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐎𝐟 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬♕︎
945K 52.4K 71
1st Runner up in Choice Award 2019 Winner of 3rd position in Limelight Award 2020 #Standalone A ruthless business tycoon and a lonely , naive gir...
Infinite Just-do-itt द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

32.4K 2K 13
For most of his life, Arnav Singh Raizada, never imagined he would fall in love or get married. But the impossible happened when Khushi Kumari Gupta...
Giving a chance innocentdoll2017 द्वारा

सामान्य साहित्य

65.3K 2.5K 12
ipkknd