Standing in the Storm

By TheQuietHufflepuff

As soon as she turned 18, Anastasia, Tasie, Winchester left the life of hunting and made herself a life she w... More

Aesthetic
Normalcy No More
Season One
01. Pilot
02. Wendigo
03. Dead in the Water
04. Phantom Traveler
05. Bloody Mary
06. Skin
07. Home
08. Asylum
09. Scarecrow
10. Faith
11. Nightmare
12. The Benders
13. Shadow
14. Hell House
15. Something Wicked
16. Provenance
17. Dead Man's Blood
18. Salvation
Season Two
20. In My Time of Dying
21. Everybody Loves a Clown
22. Bloodlust
23. Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
24. Simon Said

19. Devil's Trap

23 1 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

LINCOLN, NEBRASKA

John's phone rang and Meg picked it up. "You boys and girl really screwed up this time."

SALVATION, IOWA

Dean looked at his brother and sister. "Where are they?"

"You're never going to see your father or Levi again."

Dean hung up his phone. "They've got Dad and Levi."

"Meg?" Sam and Tasie asked as Dean nodded. "What'd she say?"

"I just told you, Sammy, Tase. Okay. Okay." He took the Colt and tucked it into the back of his jeans.

"What are you doing, Dean?" Sam questioned.

Dean grabbed his duffle bag. "We got to go."

"Why?"

Dean put on his jacket. "Because the demon knows we're in Salvation, all right. It knows we got the Colt. It's got Dad and Levi -- it's probably coming for us next."

"Good. We've still got three bullets left. Let it come."

"Listen, tough guy, we're not ready, okay? We don't know how many of them are out there. Now, we're no good to anybody dead. We're leaving... now!"

The Impala sped down the road and took a turn sideways.

"I'm telling you, Dean, we could have taken him."

"What we need is a plan," Dean told him. "Now, they're probably keeping Dad alive, we just gotta figure out where. They're gonna wanna trade him for the gun." Sam shook his head and Dean glanced over at him. "What?"

"Dean, if that were true, why didn't Meg mention a trade?" Tasie wondered as she started getting upset. "Dad, Levi, they might be..."

"Don't!" Dean cried.

"Look, Tasie and I don't want to believe it any more than you," Sam said. "But if they are, all the more reason to kill this damn thing. We still have the Colt. We can still finish the job."

"Screw the job, Sam!"

"Dean, I'm just trying to do what he would want. He would want us to keep going. Levi I'm sure would too."

"Quit talking about them like they're dead already. Listen to me, everything stops until we get them back, you two understand me? Everything."

Sam paused to think. "So how do we find them?"

"Maybe we go to Lincoln. Start at the warehouse where they were taken."

"Come on, Dean, you really think these demons are going to leave a trail?" Tasie shot back.

"We need help."

The Impala drove on through the night.

BOBBY'S PLACE

The Impala drove onto Bobby Singer's property. There were junk cars around and hubcaps nailed to the side of the house. A large dog was chained to a post and was laying on the hood of an old tow truck.

They walked inside. Books were stacked everywhere. It was untidy and cluttered with papers on every wall.

Bobby picked up two round silver flasks with crosses on them and handed one to Dean. Sam was sitting at a cluttered desk reading a large book. Tasie was keeping an eye on Ethan as he crawled around.

"Here you go," Bobby said.

"What is this -- holy water?" Dean asked.

"That one is." He held out the other flask. "This is whiskey."

He took a swig of whiskey and handed it to Dean, who also drank.

"Bobby, thanks," Dean said. "Thanks for everything. To tell you the truth, I wasn't sure we should come."

"Nonsense, your daddy needs help," Bobby replied.

"Well, yeah, but last time we saw you, I mean, you did threaten to blast him full of buckshot. Cocked the shotgun and everything."

"Yeah, well, what can I say? John just has that effect on people."

"Yeah, I guess he does."

"None of that matters now. All that matters is that you get him back."

"Bobby, this book... I've never seen anything like it," Sam said.

"Key of Solomon. It's the real deal, all right."

"And these, uh, these protective circles. They really work?"

"Hell, yeah. You get a demon in -- they're trapped. Powerless. It's like a Satanic roach motel." Sam chuckled.

Dean came over to them. "Man knows his stuff."

"I'll tell you something else, too. This is some serious crap you boys and girl stepped in."

"Oh, yeah? How's that?" Tasie questioned.

"Normal year, I hear of, say, three demonic possessions. Maybe four, tops."

"Yeah?" Dean asked.

"This year, I hear of 27 so far. Get it? More and more demons are walking among us -- a lot more."

"Do you know why?" Tasie inquired.

"No, but I know it's something big. The storm's coming, and you boys and girl, your daddy -- you are smack in the middle of it."

The dog started barking outside.

"Rumsfeld," Bobby called, going over to the window and the dog stopped barking with a whine.

Meg kicked in the door and sauntered in. Dean slipped the holy water flask from his pocket.

"No more crap, okay?" Meg said.

Dean came at her, unscrewing the flask, but Meg hit him and sent him flying into a stack of books, knocking him out.

Sam stepped in front of Bobby, Tasie and Ethan, placing themselves between Bobby, Tasie, Ethan and Meg.

"I want the Colt, Sam, Tasie -- the real Colt -- right now."

Sam, Bobby and Tasie, holding Ethan, were slowly moving across the room and Meg followed them.

"We don't have it on us," Sam said. "We buried it."

"Didn't I say "no more crap"? I swear -- after everything I heard about you Winchesters, I got to tell you, I'm a little underwhelmed. First Johnny and Wyatt try to pawn off a fake gun, and then they leave the real gun with you four Chuckleheads. Lackluster men, woman and little boy. I mean, did you really think I wouldn't find you?"

"Actually, we were counting on it," Dean said from behind Meg.

She turned to look at him. Dean stared at her, then looked up at the ceiling. Meg also looked up and saw a large protective symbol etched there.

"Gotcha."

They tied Meg to a chair in the middle of the floor. Dean, Sam and Tasie were watching her. Ethan had been put in another room.

"You know, if you wanted to tie me up, all you had to do was ask," Meg told them.

Bobby came in with a large canister of salt and said, "I salted the doors and windows. If there are any demons out there -- they ain't getting in."

Dean nodded and stood, moving around Bobby, Sam and Tasie to stand in front of Meg.

"Where's our father, Meg?" Dean asked.

"You didn't ask very nice," Meg taunted.

"Where's our father, bitch?"

"Jeez. You kiss your mother with that mouth? Oh, wait, I forgot, you don't."

Dean lunged at her, putting his hands on the chair arms and yelled, "You think this is a frigging game? Where is he?! What did you do to him?"

"He died screaming. I killed him myself. I killed your sister's husband too."

Dean and Tasie stared at her with hatred and the former hit her across the face.

"That's kind of a turn on -- you hitting a girl."

"You're no girl," Dean spat.

Bobby stood and moved into the next room. "Dean."

Dean followed and Sam and Tasie moved up to him.

"You okay?" Sam and Tasie asked.

"She's lying," Dean said. "He's not dead. Levi isn't either."

"Dean, you got to be careful with her," Bobby warned. "Don't hurt her."

"Why?"

"Because she really is a girl, that's why."

Tasie frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"She's possessed. That's a human possessed by a demon. Can't you tell?"

Dean narrowed his eyes. "Are you trying to tell me there's an innocent girl trapped somewhere in there?"

Bobby nodded. Dean looked back at Meg, who was staring back at him.

"That's actually good news."

Sam picked up a book and began looking for an exorcism ritual. Sam looked at Dean and Tasie who looked back at their brother, and they moved over to Meg.

"Are you gonna read me a story?" Meg asked.

"Something like that," Dean replied. "Hit it, Sam."

Sam began the exorcism. "Regna terrae, cantante deo, psalite domino..."

Meg looked at Dean. "An exorcism? Are you serious?"

"Oh, we're going for it, baby -- head spinning, projectile vomiting, the whole nine yards," Dean said.

"...tribuite virtutem deo," Sam finished.

Meg flinched in pain. Sam looked at Dean and Tasie. Meg looked over her shoulder at Sam. "I'm gonna kill you." She looked at Dean and Tasie. "I'm gonna rip the bones from your bodies."

"No, you're gonna burn in Hell," Sandra retorted. "Unless you tell us where our dad and Levi are." Meg smiled.

"Well, at least you'll get a nice tan," Dean teased rudely as he glanced up at Sam.

Sam continued the exorcism. "Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et sects diabolically..."

Meg was shaking, obviously in pain, while Sam read the exorcism. She finally gasped in pain and Sam stopped.

"He begged for his life with tears in his eyes," Meg told them. "He begged to see his sons, daughter and grandson one last time. That's when I slit his throat. Then Levi's after he begged to see his precious Tasie and little Ethan."

Sam began reading again and Dean leaned down to her.

"Ergo..."

"For your sake, I hope you're lying. 'Cause if it's true, I swear to God, I will march into Hell myself and I will slaughter each and every one of you evil sons of bitches, so help me God!" Dean yelled.

"Perditionis venenum propinare. Vade, satana, inventor et magister omniscient fallaciae." A wind started blowing through the room. "Hostis humanae salutis. Humliliare sub potenti manu dei. Contremisce et effuge. Invocato a nobis sancto et terribile nomine. Quem inferi tremunt..."

Meg began showing signs of being in pain again.

"Where are they?" Dean and Sandra asked.

"You just won't take "dead" for an answer, will you?" Meg shot back.

"Where are they?!"

"Dead!"

"No, they're not!" Dean yelled. "They're not dead! They can't be!" Dean was getting upset and angry while Tasie's expression was thinly veiled rage. Sam looked at his brother and sister with concern. "What are you looking at? Keep reading."

Sam continued. "Ab insidis diaboli, libera nos, domine. Ut ecclesiam tuam secura tibi facias, libertate servire, te rogamus, audi nos." The chair started to slide in the circle. "Ut inimicos sanctae ecclesiae humiliare digneris, to rogamus audi..."

"They will be!" Meg yelled.

"Wait!" Dean called. "What?!"

"They're not dead. But they will be after what we do to them."

"How do we know you're telling the truth?" Tasie demanded.

"You don't."

"Sam!" Dean and Tasie said.

"A building! Okay? A building in Jefferson City."

"Missouri?" Dean determined. "Where, where? An address!"

"I don't know."

"And the demon -- the one we're looking for -- where is it?" Sam questioned.

"I don't know! I swear! That's everything. That's all I know."

"Finish it," Dean ordered.

"What? I told you the truth!"

"I don't care."

"You son of a bitch, you promised."

"I lied! Sam?" Sam said nothing and Dean and Tasie looked at him. "Sam! Read." Dean and Tasie walked by him.

Sam said quietly, "Maybe we can still use her. Find out where the demon is."

"She doesn't know."

"She lied."

"Sam, there's an innocent girl trapped somewhere in there. We've got to help her."

Bobby came up to them and said, "You're gonna kill her."

"What?"

"You said she fell from a building. That girl's body is broken. The only thing keeping her alive is that demon inside. You exorcise it -- that girl is going to die."

"Listen to me, each of you, we are not gonna leave her like that."

"She is a human being," Tasie reminded him.

"And we're gonna put her out of her misery. Sam, finish it."

Sam looked at his brother, sister and Bobby, not sure what to do. He looked over at Meg.

"Finish it."

Sam took a breath and kept going. "Dominicos sanctae ecclesiae, terogamus audi nos, terribilis deus do sanctuario suo deus israhel. Ipse tribuite virtutem et fortitudinem plebi suae, benedictus deus, gloria patri..."

Meg threw her head back and screamed. The demon left through her mouth in a black cloud and spread out in the protective circle in the ceiling before disappearing.

Meg leaned forward and blood started dripping from her mouth.

The hunters stood there, looking at her, not really sure it was over.

Meg slowly lifted her head.

"She's still alive," Dean realized, looking to Bobby. "Call 911. Get some water and blankets."

Bobby rushed off and Sandra untied Meg.

"Thank you," Meg whispered.

"Shh, shh," Sam said. "Just take it easy, all right?"

"Come on. Let's get her down," Dean told his brother and sister.

The boys lifted Meg from the chair. Bones crunched and Meg screamed in pain. They lowered her to the floor.

"Sorry, sorry. I got you," Sam reassured. "I got you. It's okay. It's okay."

"A year," Meg said in a strained voice.

"What?"

"It's been a year."

"Shh, just take it easy."

"I've been awake for some of it. I couldn't move. The things I did -- it's a nightmare."

"Was it telling us the truth about our dad and Levi?" Dean questioned.

"Dean," Sam warned.

"We need to know."

"Yes," Meg told them. "But it wants... you to know... that... they want you to come for them."

"If Dad and Levi are still alive, none of that matters."

Bobby came in with a glass of water and a blanket. Bobby and Sam covered her.

Tasie pulled the covers up on Meg.

Dean held her head up so she could drink.

"Where is the demon we're looking for?" Sam asked.

"Not there," Meg replied. "Other ones. Awful ones."

"Where are they keeping our dad and Wyatt?" Dean questioned.

"By the river. Sunrise."

""Sunrise." What does that mean? What does that mean? Meg? Hey, Meg."

Tasie glanced at him. "She's gone."

Bobby looked between the siblings. "You better hurry up and beat it. Before the paramedics get here."

"What are you gonna tell them?" Dean asked.

"You think you guys invented lying to the cops? I'll figure something out." He handed the Key of Solomon book to Sam. "Here, take this. You might need it."

"Thanks," Sam said.

"Thanks... for everything," Dean replied. "Be careful, all right?"

"You just go find your dad and Levi," Bobby told them. "And when you do, you bring them around, would you? I won't even try to shoot him this time. It'd be nice to meet your friend."

"Can I leave Ethan here?" Tasie asked.

Bobby nodded. "Sure."

"Thanks."

---

The siblings made their way to Jefferson City, Missouri.

The Impala was parked by train tracks. Sam was looking through the Key of Solomon book on the roof of the car, spinning a marker in his hand. Dean was at the back of the car, loading up guns and putting them into his duffle bag.

"You've been quiet," Sam noted.

"Just getting ready," Dean replied.

"He's gonna be fine, Dean."

Dean didn't answer and Sam flipped to another page of the book. He saw a symbol, picked up the book and walked to the open trunk lid. He rubbed off the dirt and started drawing on the lid.

"Dude, what are you drawing on my car!" Dean demanded.

"It's called a Devil's Trap," Sam explained. "Demons can't get through it or inside it."

"So?"

Sam moved around to the other end of the trunk. "It basically turns the trunk into a lockbox."

"So?"

"So, we have a place to hide the Colt while we go get Dad."

"What are you talking about? We're bringing the Colt with us."

"We can't, Dean. We've only got three bullets left. We can't just use them on any demon, we've got to use them on the demon."

"No, we have to save Dad, Sam, okay? We're gonna need all the help we can get."

"Dean, you know how pissed Dad would be if we used all the bullets?" Tasie said. "Dean, he wouldn't want us to bring the gun."

"I don't care, Sam, Tasie. I don't care what Dad wants, okay? And since when do you two care what Dad wants?"

"Sam and I want to kill this demon. You used to want that, too. Hell, I mean, you're the one who came and got Sam at school and me from my normal, safe life!" Dean scoffed. "You're the one who dragged me and Sam back into this, Dean. We're just trying to finish it!"

"Well, you, Sam and Dad are more alike than I thought, you know that? You each can't wait to sacrifice yourself for this thing. But you know what? Levi, Ethan and I are gonna be the ones to bury you. You're both selfish, you know that? You don't care about anything but revenge."

"That's not true, Dean," Sam argued and Dean scoffed. "Tasie and I want Dad back. We want Levi back. But they are expecting us to bring this gun. They get the gun, they will kill us all. That Colt is our only leverage and you know it, Dean. We cannot bring that gun. We can't."

"Fine."

"I'm serious, Dean."

"I said fine, Sam."

Dean took the Colt from his jacket pocket and held it up to show Sam before putting it in the trunk.

They stepped up beside some trees and Dean stopped.

"Hey, hey," Dean called and his brother and sister stopped and looked at him. "Think I know what Meg meant by Sunrise."

Sam and Tasie looked over and saw an apartment building with a sign out front that said 'Sunrise Apartments'.

"Son of a bitch," Dean said. "That's pretty smart. I mean, if these demons can possess people they can possess almost anybody inside."

"Yeah, and make anybody attack us," Sam added.

"And so we can't kill them -- a building full of human shields."

"They probably know exactly what we look like, too. And they could look like anybody."

"Yeah, this sucks out loud."

"All right, so, how the hell are we going to get in?"

Dean looked over at the building for a minute. "Pull the fire alarm, get out all the civilians."

"Okay, but then the city responds in, what, seven minutes?"

"Seven minutes exactly," Tasie confirmed.

---

They made their way to the apartment building.

Sam and Tasie walked in the front door and went to a fire alarm on the wall. Just as Sam was about to pull it, a man came walked down the hallway. Sam and Tasie moved to the stairs, but when the man left through the front door, Sam quickly went and pulled the alarm.

Sam and Tasie left the building.

Residents left the building.

Dean came up to one of the firemen and questioned, "Hey, what's happening? Is it a fire?"

"We're figuring that out right now, sir. Just stay back," the fireman said, moving him away.

"Well, I've got a Yorkie upstairs and he pees when he's nervous..."

"Sir, you have to stay back."

Dean noticed the fire truck behind him.

---

Inside, Dean, Sam and Tasie came down the hallway dressed in full firemen gear.

Dean used his EMF to check the doors of the apartments. "I always wanted to be a fireman when I grew up."

"You never told me that," Sam and Tasie said.

Dean's EMF started reading high.

The woman in the room was sitting with her head down. There was banging on the door and she looked up -- eyes completely black. She and the man went over to the door to look out through the peephole.

"This is the fire department," Dean said. "We need you to evacuate."

The man stepped behind the door and nodded for the woman to open it. She unlocked the door and the siblings shoved it open. The woman was thrown back as Dean, Sam and Tasie came through, spraying the couple with holy water and it burned them. Dean punched the man and shoved him into the closet.

"Come on!" Dean yelled.

Sam grabbed the woman from the table and shoved her in as well. Dean and Tasie leaned against the doors and it lurched as the demons inside tried to get out.

"Hurry up!" Dean and Tasie cried.

Sam grabbed a canister of salt from the duffle bag and ran around the closet door. As soon as he finished it, the pounding stopped. The brothers took off the firemen gear and moved to the bedroom door. They slowly opened it and saw John on the bed. Dean went over to his father. Levi was unconscious on the floor and Tasie ran up to him.

"Dad?" Dean called, leaning down and listening. "He's still breathing." Sam looked relieved and Dean started shaking John. "Dad, wake up. Dad! Tasie, is Levi okay?"

Tasie splashed Levi with holy water and he sputtered as he woke. "Not possessed, Tase. Is Ethan okay?"

She nodded as she helped him up. "Ethan's okay."

Dean took out a knife and were about to cut the restraints around John's wrists.

"Wait. Wait," Sam called.

"What?" Dean asked.

"He could be possessed for all we know."

Dean frowned. "What are you, nuts?"

"Dean, we got to be sure." Sam took a flask of holy water from the duffle bag and sprinkled it on John, but it had no effect.

John moaned and started to come around. "Sam? Why are you splashing water on me?"

"Dad, are you okay?" Dean questioned.

"They've been been drugging me," John told them. "Where's the Colt?"

"Don't worry, Dad, it's safe," Sam reassured.

Dean cut John free.

"Good boys. Good girl," John said. "Good boys. Good girl."

Dean and Sam carried John out of the bedroom while Tasie, supporting Levi, followed. The front door suddenly burst open and the man and fireman came in.

"Go! Go!" Sam yelled.

"Back! Back!" Dean ordered.

They went back into the bedroom door and closed the door, locking it.

An ax suddenly came through the door.

Sam ran a line of salt at the bedroom door. Dean and John were already out on the fire escape. Tasie and Levi climbed out the window and were starting to climb down.

"Sam, let's go!" Dean called.

Sam tossed his duffle bag to Dean, avoiding Tasie and Levi's descending figures, and went through the window onto the fire escape. He ran salt along the windowsill.

Dean helped John onto the street, then Levi, and Tasie jumped down. Sam and Tasie moved ahead of them.

Tasie was suddenly attacked by the man who was with Meg in Lincoln. He pinned Tasie down on the street and started beating her to death. Dean put John down as he and Sam went to their sister's aid.

"Tasie!" Dean and Sam called.

Dean ran over and kicked the man in the face, but it had no effect. Sam threw a couple punches, which also had no effect. Dean and Sam were thrown onto a parked car, shattering the windshield and a passenger side window and the man went back to beating Tasie.

Suddenly, there was a gunshot and the man got a bullet through his head. He fell on Tasie, dead.

Dean was standing with the Colt. He put it away and ran over to his sister, joined by Sam.

"Tasie!" Dean and Sam called as they picked her up. "Tasie, come on! Come on!"

Dean got Tasie onto her feet and the siblings looked at the dead man. The demon was dead, and so was the man it was possessing.

They went over to John and the boys picked him up, leaving in a hurry. Tasie helped Levi up and they followed.

---

They made their way to a cabin and entered.

Inside, Tasie and Sam poured salt along the windowsill. Her face was a mess -- bruised, bloody, and swollen.

Dean came into the room.

"How are they?" Sam and Tasie asked.

"They just needed a little rest, they'll be all right," Dean replied. "How are you?"

"I'll survive," Tasie said as she turned to her brothers. "Hey, you two don't think we were followed here, do you?"

"I don't know. I don't think so. I mean, we couldn't have found a more out-of-the-way place to hole up."

"Yeah." She looked at Dean. "Hey, uh... Dean, you, um... You saved my life back there."

Dean offered a small smile. "So I guess you're both glad I snagged the gun, huh?"

"Dude, I'm trying to thank you here."

"Well, you're welcome."

Sam and Tasie walked across the room.

"Hey, Sam, Tasie?"

"Yeah?" Sam and Tasie said.

"You know that guy I shot? There was a person in there."

"You didn't have a choice, Dean," Sam told him.

"But he was still a person, Sammy. Even if he was possessed. Killing that guy, killing Meg, I didn't hesitate, didn't even flinch. For you, Tasie, Dad or Levi, the things I'm willing to do or kill, its just, uh... it scares me sometimes."

Sam and Tasie looked at him, not knowing what to say.

John came into the room and smiled at Dean. "It shouldn't. You did good."

"You're not mad?" Dean asked.

"For what?"

"Using a bullet."

"Mad? I'm proud of you. You know, Sam, Tasie and I, we can get pretty obsessed. But you - you watch out for this family. You always have."

"Thanks."

The wind suddenly picked up and the lights flickered. The four of them went over to the window. Levi soon joined them.

"It found us," John told them. "It's here."

"The demon?" Sam and Tasie asked.

"Sam, Tasie, lines of salt in front of every window, every door."

"I already did it."

"Well check it, okay?"

"Okay." Sam and Tasie left the room.

"Dean, you got the gun?"

"Yeah," Dean replied.

"Give it to me."

As Dean pulled the Colt from his jeans, he said, "Dad, Sam tried to shoot the demon in Salvation. It disappeared."

"This is me. I won't miss."

Dean hesitated and looked at the gun. He glanced at Levi to see the same concerned expression.

"Son, please."

Dean and Levi stepped back.

"Give me the gun. What are you doing, Dean, Levi?"

"He'd be furious," Dean said.

"What?"

"That I wasted a bullet. He wouldn't be proud of me, he'd tear me a new one."

John looked at him as Dean pointed it at John, and cocked it.

"You're not my dad," Dean said.

"Dean, it's me."

"I know my dad better than anyone. And you ain't him."

"What the hell's gotten into you?"

"I could ask you the same thing. Stay back."

Sam and Tasie came into the room and were shocked to see Dean pointing the gun at John and Levi frowning at him.

"Dean? Levi? What the hell's going on?" Sam asked.

"Your brother and husband/brother-in-law have lost their minds," John replied.

"He's not Dad," Dean said.

"What?" Sam and Tasie asked.

"Levi and I think he's possessed since we rescued him." Dean started getting upset.

"Don't listen to him, Sammy, Tasie," John said.

"Dean, how do you know?" Sam asked.

Dean fought back tears as he said, "He's... he's different."

"You know, we don't have time for this," John told them. "Sam, Tasie, you wanna kill this demon, you've gotta trust me."

Sam and Tasie looked back and forth between their father and brother and husband/brother-in-law. Dean glanced at them, but didn't say anything else to convince them.

"Sam? Tasie?" John questioned.

Sam and Tasie looked back and forth. "No. No." They and Levi moved to stand by Dean's sides.

John looked at them. "Fine. You're all so sure, go ahead. Kill me." He looked down and waited.

Dean held the gun on John, but couldn't pull the trigger.

"I thought so." John looked back up and his eyes were yellow.

Sam and Tasie lunged, but were thrown against the wall and pinned there, as were Dean and Levi, and Dean dropped the Colt.

John picked up the Colt. "What a pain in the ass this thing has been."

"It's you, isn't it?" Sam questioned. "We've been looking for you for a long time."

"Well, you found me."

"But the holy water?"

"You think something like that works on something like me?"

Sam and Tasie tried to fight the force that had them pinned to the wall, but failed. "I'm gonna kill you!"

"Oh, that'd be a neat trick. In fact," he put the gun on the table, "here. Make the gun float to you, psychic boy, psychic girl."

Sam and Tasie looked at the gun, but nothing happened.

"Well, this is fun." He walked over to the window beside Dean and Levi. "I could've killed you two a hundred times today, but this..." he sighed, "this is worth the wait."

Dean and Levi struggled, but were still pinned to the wall.

John looked at them. "Your dad -- he's still in here with me. Trapped inside his own meat suit, He says "hi", by the way. He's gonna tear you two apart. He's gonna taste the iron in both your blood."

"Let him go, or, I swear to God-" Dean was cut off.

"What? What are you and God gonna do? You see, as far as I'm concerned, this is justice." He walked over to Dean and Levi. "You know that little exorcism of yours? That was my daughter."

"Who, Meg?" Levi said.

"The one in the alley? That was my boy. You understand."

"You've got to be kidding me."

"What? You're the only one who can have a family? You two destroyed my family." He smiled at Dean. "How would you feel if I killed your family? Oh, that's right. I forgot. I did. Still, two wrongs don't make a right."

"You son of a bitch," Dean retorted.

"I wanna know why. Why'd you do it?" Sam asked.

John turned to Sam. "You mean why did I kill Mommy and pretty little Jess?"

John turned back to Dean and Levi. "You know, I never told you two this, but Sam was going to ask her to marry him." He backed up towards Sam and Tasie. "Been shopping for rings and everything." He turned to Sam and Tasie. "You want to know why? Because they got in the way."

"In the way of what?" Sam and Tasie asked.

"My plans for you, Sammy, Tasie. You... and all the children like you."

"Listen, you mind just getting this over with this, huh?" Dean said. "'Cause Levi and I really can't stand the monologuing."

John went to him. "Funny, but that's all part of you M.O., isn't it? Masks all that nasty little pain, masks the truth."

"Oh, yeah? What's that?"

"You know, you fight and you fight for this family, but the truth is they don't need you. Not like you need them. Sam and Tasie -- they're clearly John's favorites. Even when they fight, they're clearly John's favorites. Even when they fight, it's more concern than he's ever shown you."

"I bet you're real proud of your kids, too, huh?" Levi shot back in a sharp tone.

Dean smirked. "Oh wait, I forgot. We wasted 'em."

Dean and Levi smiled and John looked at them and put his head down. When he looked back up, Dean and Levi suddenly yelled in pain.

"Dean! Levi! No!" Sam and Tasie cried.

Dean and Levi started to bleed heavily from their chests. Sam and Tasie began struggling against the force pinning them.

"Dad! Dad, don't you let it kill me!" Dean yelled.

"John! Don't you dare let it kill me! Please!" Levi begged.

John looked at them and smiled. Dean and Levi started screaming in pain.

"Dean! Levi! No!" Sam and Tasie cried again.

Blood was flowing from Dean and Levi. Sam and Tasie struggled as hard as they could to break free.

Blood was running from Dean and Levi's mouths.

"Dad, please," Dean begged, passing out.

"John, don't..." Levi trailed, also passing out.

"Dean! Levi!" Sam and Tasie yelled.

"Stop," John whispered and Sam and Tasie were suddenly let go. "Stop it."

Sam dove and grabbed the gun from the table. John turned to him, eyes yellow again, and Sam aimed the gun at him.

"You kill me, you kill Daddy," 'John' taunted.

"I know," Sam said.

Sam fired the gun, shooting John in the leg. He fell down, and so did Dean and Levi. Sam got up and went to his brother and brother-in-law where Tasie already was.

"Dean? Levi?" Sam called. "Dean, Levi, hey? God, you've both lost a lot of blood."

Dean had awoken and asked, "Where's Dad?"

"He's right here. He's right here, Dean."

"Go check on him," Dean and Levi, who had awoken, instructed.

"Dean. Levi."

"Go check on him."

Sam got up and went to check on John. He was laying motionless on the floor. "Dad? Dad?"

John suddenly looked up. "Sammy! It's still alive. It's inside me, I can feel it. You shoot me. You shoot me! You shoot me in the heart, son!" Sam aimed the gun at John. "Do it now!"

"Sam, don't you do it," Dean said. "Don't you do it."

"You've gotta hurry! I can't hold onto it much longer! You shoot me, son! Shoot me! Son, I'm begging you! We can end this here and now! Sammy!"

"Sam, no."

"You do this! Sammy! Sam..." The demon suddenly left John in a black cloud from his mouth. It disappeared through the floor and John looked at Sam accusingly.

IMPALA

Sam was driving with John by his side. Dean, Tasie and Levi were in the back seat. John gasped in pain, Dean and Levi were slumped in the back seat. Tasie was looking at the two of them with concern.

"Look, just hold on, all right. The hospital's only ten minutes away."

"I'm surprised at you, Sammy," John said. "Why didn't you kill it? I thought we saw eye-to-eye on this? Killing this demon comes first -- before me, before everything."

Sam looked in the rearview mirror at Dean, Tasie and Levi. "No, sir. Not before everything. Look, we've still got the Colt. We still have the one bullet left. We just have to start over, all right? I mean, we already found the demon..."

An 18-wheeler suddenly slammed into the passenger side of the Impala at full speed, driving it sideways in front of it.

The driver of the semi was sitting behind the wheel.

Dean, Sam, John, Tasie and Levi were all unconscious in the Impala -- blood all over them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 155 78
Daisy Winchester hates the life she grew up in, but she loves it at the same time. She calls it the paradoxical bane of her existence. When her fath...
3.9K 86 46
When a hunt goes horribly wrong, Dean becomes the single parent of his fraternal twins. He tries to shield them from the life, but he can only do so...
18.2K 265 74
A father and his newborn daughter set on a quest of sorts to find his father. Along the way, they recruit his brother. Together, they travel the bac...
467 20 6
She should have died. But protection came as a welcome surprise. Suddenly, she finds herself in a foreign world with no memory, and it's up to two br...