The Black Death

By dragontheofhouse

"You look just like your mother." "I guess I do carry her tenderness well." "You both have the same eyes." "W... More

Introduction: The Black Death
I: The Dragon Leaves The Nest
II: Right where I'm supposed to be
III: That's what family is for
IV: Old wives' tales
V: Unfinished business
VI: Name days and mothers
VII: Letters and fathers
VIII: Ghosts
IX: Mirrors and hair
Interlude: Princess Visenya in the eyes of the Maesters
X: Going back
XII: Planting seeds
XIII: The witch, the dreamer and the king.
XIV: The play begins
XV: Motivations
XVI: According to plan
XVII: Family affairs
XVIII: First touch
XIX: Wine
XX: Hungover

XI: Tiny wars

1.7K 69 6
By dragontheofhouse

"Ñuha jorrāelagon, emi iā bōsa sōvēs hen īlva!" Visenya approached Vermithor as the dragon turned his head towards her.

Vermithor purred, a sound more like a cat than a dragon escaping his nostrils, as his rider caressed his sleepy eye. As Visenya placed her bags on the saddle and got up onto Vermithor's back, the dragon stretched out his wings, shook his head, and took to the skies. The weather was perfect for flying. Not a single cloud in sight, the sun showed the way toward King's Landing.

As Visenya's muscles relaxed in the sensation of the air hitting her cheeks upon flight, the idea of her final destination started to seem less irritating. She would be with her family, after all. Her dragon, ready to take her away whenever she wished. The visit was only for a week or two, at most. Only to reiterate Luke's and mother's claims. And Jacearys's. They should not be reminding the court of the rightful succession, but the fucking greens-

Vermithor plunged down the sky towards the water to break Visenya out of her beginning spiral. As the woman's hands tightened on the ropes to pull him back up, she could not help but laugh. Fair enough, she'll have plenty of time to ponder and be annoyed at the greens on land. Let them enjoy this flight together, only peace and harmony in heart.

As they city started to become clearer on the horizon, Visenya looked down and saw a tiny dot in the ocean - no doubt her family traveling by ship. Vermithor lowered his body once more, enough to fly above the ship, but not low enough to shake it. Had only Jacearys and Daemon been on that ship, Visenya would have had Vermithor shake the ship bloody upside down to mess with them, just as Daemon had once with mother (at least that's what they told her), but mother's seasickness appeared troubled her fearcely while carrying children, and gods be damned if Visenya added to it by shaking the very ship she was on.

As the dragon passed the ship, they went toward the dragonpit. Visenya could feel the disdain in Vermithor's body, only having stayed there back when Jaehaerys was a young man. Would he even fit? Visenya hoped he would not, so that he could roam free as he did back on Dragonstone. A cage was no place for a dragon. It was not a bird nor rodent to be kept locked, only flying when a human wished to do so. She understandably patted his back as they landed. Five dragonkeepers greeted them upon their arrival.

"Ziry kostilus iksis tolī rōva," one man groaned to his friend as they carefully approached the dragon, gawking at his size.

"Lo jaehossa issi sȳz, issa," Visenya replied as she got down from Vermithor's back. To her surprise, no maids or carriage was waiting for her to take her to King's Landing. Sure, riding by dragon was a last-minute decision, but surely the Queen saw the dragon approaching, heard it at least, and would have sent someone by now? Her jaw tensed. No, no, let's not assume. She had promised to be on her best behavior, and would not start an argument over something so minor.

She watched Vermithor annoyingly being led inside the dragonpit; something in her heart squirmed. It was only for a few weeks. Unaware if she was trying to calm down herself or her dragon, Visenya turned to the sound of a carriage approaching.

"Princess, your family is on their way. It is an honor to be one of the first people to welcome you back." A knight, no older than twenty, greeted her.

Handsome, she thought to herself. Quite handsome.

"I believe I haven't had the honor to meet you before I left. Ser...?"

"Ser Roland Parren, your highness." The man bowed.

"My pleasure." Visenya smirked as he held out his hand to help her get into the carriage. An old one, she took notice, not really in the shape you would expect the royal family to ride in. Perhaps because of short notice.

No doubt the rest of her family would receive a more royal welcome.

.

.

.

"What?!" Visenya shouted so loudly that even the guards at the end of the corridor tensed up.

Daemon was pacing back and forth while Rhaenyra sat in a chair, gliding her hand up and down her own stomach, trying to calm both her and her babe down.

"First they make us come all the way down to King's Landing, while you're with child, then they don't even bother to greet the heir after her four years of absence?!"

"Hush, now, my love, the whole castle can hear you." Rhaenyra stood up with some difficulty, quickly assisted by Daemon to come closer to her daughter.

Rhaenyra's touch seemed to calm Visenya down. A bit.

"Good. Let those cunts hear what I think of them. Better yet, how about I go and say all of this to them in person." Visenya turned towards the door, ready to go and pull each and every one of the greens' heads off their shoulders.

"No use. Your mother and I already did. With 'the Queen' herself," Daemon spat, reaching for Dark Sister once or twice, as if sharing the sentiment of getting rid of some green heads. "Viserys is in no condition to speak, let alone rule. Those vipers have been draining him and getting their nails deeper and deeper into the throne."

Visenya's anger went out at the mention of her grandsire.

"I must go see him. Alone. I want to see what I can do to help. I'm sure whatever those maesters they have are giving him is not sufficient."

"Before you do that, you must promise me something." Rhaenyra took Visenya's cheek to get her eyes to focus on her mother's gaze.

"Anything."

"Please. Try to be agreeable. Whatever discussions we have in our chambers must not leave these walls. We have come here to defend Lucearys, and tomorrow it's the Hand that holds judgment on the decision of the succession. We must make them think we pose no threat. We must remind them we're a family. However far of an idea that must sound."

Visenya bit her tongue to hold back from about a dozen snarky remarks she could have made while her mother was talking. But she was the future queen, she was her mother. And so what she said, went.

"Very well. I'll be as agreeable as I can be."

"Maybe try a bit more than that." Daemon smirked.

Visenya rolled her eyes at Daemon as she kissed her mother's cheek. She turned the corner towards her old room to change from her dragon riding clothes into something more proper. As she came closer to her chambers, she noticed a familiar face guarding the door.

"My, my, will you be here all day?" Visenya's mood seemed to lighten up immensely upon meeting Ser Roland again.

"Your highness." he bowed once more. It was endearing, really. "Only as long as my princess wishes."

Perhaps a bit of fun before facing the rest of her family would be beneficial.

"I have to go change now." Visenya smirked, pleased by the red that covered the man's face at the mention of her taking off her clothes. He stepped away from the door to let her come in.

The room barely resembled the one she had left. Only the walls and the floor reminded Visenya of how once she had slept in here every night. Helaena had written that while they were gone, Jaeheara had often liked to play in this room, so much so that she would often fall asleep in it, rather than her own chambers. Visenya would not mind to have her little cousin visiting her room while she was back. She smiled to herself as she got out a deep, black, velvet dress out of her coffer. The deep V-lined neckline went down, exposing just enough of her cleavage to undoubtedly provoke the more reserved members of her family. If she had to bite her tongue, she would at least let her dresses do the speaking.

As Visenya finished letting out her braids, she called out for Ser Roland.

"Roland, would you be so kind as to come in?" she asked innocently.

No knight could refuse a princess, so making sure no one was coming, the man obliged. He swallowed hardly at the sight before him as Visenya turned around.

"I need your opinion on this dress." she traced her finger down the neckline, making his eyes follow it down to her breasts.

"I'm not sure I'm suited-"

She stepped closer, taking his hand and guiding it toward her hip.

"Feel the fabric, it's quite soft. Do you think this will please the queen?"

His fingers shivered upon her skin. No words escaped his lips, just slow attempts to grasp for air.

No words were needed.

Her plump lips found his, and just like that, his fingers stopped trembling. They hardened and reached lower down her back, the two of them dancing in their desire, their bodies finding the first object they could lean on to help them lose themselves in the consuming lust.

.

.

.

Aemond had just finished training with Ser Criston, still smiling to himself at the way his Strong nephews looked at him now. Gods, how he wished they had taken him up on his offer to train. To knock those bastards down on their asses like they deserved. Well, a man can dream.

It was a while since Aemond had felt that kind of rush. The news of Lord Vaemond coming to claim Driftmark for himself, and his "dear" sister running to try and claim her bastards as heirs once more... This was all too exciting to see play out. As he kept walking toward Jaeheara's play room to bring her to Helaena, all he could think about was what other ways he could torment or frighten Lucearys.

He was taller than both of them now.

Stronger.

Smarter.

He was...

"What in the seven hells?!" Aemond could not believe his eyes. A white-haired figure on top of a newly appointed knight, her hand in his hair, his hand on her...

At first glance, he almost mistaked her for Helaena. Gods, that would be unlike her. But just a second later, he remembered there's another white-haired woman who had just returned to King's Landing. A woman who seemingly has the same amount of dignity as her mother.

Whore.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Aemond entered the room, closing the door behind him. How disgusting to partake in such vile activities, let alone in a room his niece plays in. She's never stepping foot in this room again.

Visenya slowly tilted her head from the panting of her newfound lover to meet Aemond's gaze. Ser Roland jumped up and started rambling, apologizing profusely and pleading not to be punished for being led astray. As he was about to leave through the door, Visenya took him by the collar and placed one last kiss on his lips. The knight, red, but now from fear rather than enjoyment, ran away like a child from a beating and left Aemond standing right where he had before.

He did not even care to remember the man's name. All he could look at or think of was her.

How dare she. In Jaheara's room. Just arrived. And to kiss him again AFTER Aemond caught them?

"Uncle Aemond." Visenya smiled innocently, while wiping her lips with a towel. "You've...Grown."

"You as well. Grown to be just like your mother, I see." he spat through gritted teeth.

He could see in the way her eyes broke the innocence facade that the comment made a mark. Good.

"Whatever should you mean?" she replied, the mask quickly slipping back.

Was she simple-minded as well as promiscuous?

"I wonder..." he stepped further into the room, towering over Visenya "What would the court say about your little meeting here?"

"I haven't seen the court in a long time, but I know what I'd say." looking him up and down, Visenya did not break under his gaze.

"And what would that be." he almost whispered.

"That you joined us." she smiled and turned to go toward her vanity. Aemond grabbed her hand to stop her, which got her attention back.

"No one would believe you." he looked at her dumbfounded and took a step back, trying to maintain his composure. 

"Shall we try and see?" tilting her head, Visenya saw in his eyes the comprehension - she won. It might have been a tiny war of words, but a war she won nonetheless. Aemond turned on his heel and stormed off slamming the door behind him shut. 

           ____________________________________________________

 a lil edit: 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.8K 3.2K 16
After her mother's death, Vanora's estranged father comes to her rescue. She quickly realizes that having Daemon Targaryen as a father isn't easy. Bu...
5.5K 186 9
Rhaella Snow was the bastard daughter of Daemon Targaryen. She was raised in The North by the old gods. When her mother died, she had just turned ten...
548K 18.3K 97
Like her mother, Princess Visenya Velaryon had grown closer with her uncle Aemond. The two children would often sneak away from their duties to play...
274K 7.2K 25
𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑳𝑨𝑽𝑬𝑵𝑫𝑬𝑹 𝑰𝑵 𝑯𝑬𝑹 𝑬𝒀𝑬𝑺, 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐍 " Wed her to me. " " What? " " When I offered up my crown, you sai...