Promises and Deals | The Mand...

By multi_fandom2015

Promises are made to be broken. Deals are made to be kept. [The Mandalorian Season 1-2] I do not own the Mand... More

.000
.001
.002
.003
.004
.005
.006
.007
.008
.009
.010
.011
.012
.013
.014
.015
.016
.017
.018
.019
.020
.021
.022
.023
.024
.025
.026
.027
.028
.029
.030
.031
.032
.033
.034
.035
.036
Truth and Lies
Author's Note: Incoming Updates
.101
.102
.103
.104
.105
.106
.107
.108
.109
.110
.111
.112
.113
.114
.115
.116
.117
.118
.119
.120
.121
.122
.123
.124
.125
.126
.127
.128
.129
.130
.131

.100

256 9 1
By multi_fandom2015

ACT 2: DEALS

 Alora may hate Tatooine, but it sure beats the cold depths of an Imperial prison ship.

It has been a while since she has had any meaningful human interaction. The last time was when Peli caught her in town and bought an old starship from her. Alora had found it during her search for a place to live removed from popular society.

But that recognition scared her, just a bit too much to be normal. Peli is wonderful and has a relatively good heart. Alora wishes she could bring herself to trust the woman, even a bit, but she knows that Peli also has loyalty to others. Mainly the bucket-headed Mandalorian currently out of his depths.

She thinks about him all the time. It's a pain she hasn't felt in so very long, not since she left the New Republic to find Grogu. Her heart yearns for them both in different ways. Companionship, family, a sense of belonging. She lost all of it the moment her fears decided to take over.

It has been difficult recently to fight the voices in her head whispering about every little thing that could go wrong. Maybe the Jawas steal her food supply or the Tuskens happen upon the small repurposed hut she takes shelter in. Maybe she'll never see Mando again. See Din again.

It's not like it isn't her fault. It is. She knows that. That doesn't stop the pain from creeping up her spine each night as she lies in bed, staring out the hole that acts as a window to see the night sky. It chokes her and puts her into a restless sleep that leaves her worse than before. Then the day comes, and it never dulls.

She does not hear much news, but she can sense something coming. Maybe her Jedi senses or small connection to the Force is good for one thing. At least, she has the chance to prepare this time, something to take her mind off of the aching heart in her chest.

There is no particular day she feels something shift, but she knows today will be different. Gathering her lone saber and the blades she had taken from Mando, Alora makes her way through the canyon, sticking to the walls and covering herself to keep from prying eyes. Through the day, she counts the Jawas that pass and the Tusken hunting party dragging their dinner home.

By sunset, she thinks she may have been wrong. Just paranoia at its finest.

Then, she sees him. A lone hunter wandering the terrain, bazooka on his back, armor glinting under the sun. So, she pounces.

His voice, that of hundreds she has heard in her nightmares, echoes through the canyon as her sword slices over his chest plate. Both may be older, but she still remembers the last time she fought Boba Fett, remembers how he was just better. So, this time, she is prepared.

He stands no chance as she knocks him onto his back, blade ready to cut through his throat. His hands fly up in front of him as he shouts, "Alora Naftiri! I'm here with a proposal! Just wait!"

Her face is covered with a cloak, though it is no surprise he knows who she is. "I have no reason not to kill you," she replies.

"Unless you'd like to be the Daimyo, I'd rethink that decision."

Her blade pauses hovering above his throat. With a sigh, she pulls back and shakes her head. "I should kill you."

Fett must be rolling his eyes as he climbs to his feet and takes off his helmet. It's the first time she has seen his face, scarred as it is. She feels her muscles lock up for a moment as she takes a step away, keeping her blade between them. "I thought we were even," he says.

"I hold grudges."

He glances around. "As I said, I have a proposal for you. Would you like to go somewhere more private?"

Alora clenches her jaw. "You already know where I live, don't you?" When he nods, she bites her lip. "Fine. Keep up. I'm not slowing down for you."

She leads him through the roughest terrain, but he does not complain. Her heart beats faster as they get closer to the small carved-out stone she found when she arrived as if it were made to keep her safe. Perhaps she shouldn't be leading an enemy in, but he already knows. She'll have to move now anyway.

She sets her blades down as they enter but keeps the lightsaber hidden and within reach as Fett takes a seat in the main room. It takes no time to make some tea and offer him a cup. Surprisingly, he drinks it. "I hope you didn't poison it."

"Not my style."

"Right." He clears his throat as he sets the cup down, crossing his arms as he looks around. "This is cozy."

"Cut the shit, what do you want?"

"Support," he shrugs. "Muscle. We heard rumors you were on-world, so I thought I'd give it a try."

"You do realize I hate you, right?" Alora arches a brow as she takes a sip of her tea. "Like, I actively hate you."

"I helped save your life."

She rolls her eyes. "I would have been fine."

He watches her closely, waiting for the lie. "Highly doubtful. You and I both know what they are capable of."

"Oh, right," she scoffs. "Right, you know since you worked for Vader. Remember that?"

"It was a job. Nothing personal."

"Then Jabba."

"Again, not personal."

"Right, and I'm sure the rest of your little clan would say the same thing about what they did to Coruscant."

Fett stiffens, his gaze slowly meeting hers. "You want to explain that?"

"You know exactly what I mean by that," she snaps.

"No, actually, I don't." He makes a show of relaxing, of going quiet to hear the story. She doubts he means it. "Go ahead. Tell me."

"No. Not today." She can't tell if he is speaking his truth. "What kind of muscle do you need and why do you think I would help you?"

Fett sighs heavily. "I knew this was a long shot, but there is something I can offer you. You're alone. Tatooine is a dangerous place. Wouldn't want you to get caught up in something you can't escape."

"Is that a threat?" She leans forward, narrowing her eyes. "You don't want to threaten me, Fett."

"No. It's an offer of protection, and to help find your Mandalorian."

Ah. Alora slowly leans back against the stone seat and crosses her arms. "You'd have better luck asking Mando to help you. You still haven't convinced me."

"The people of Tatooine do not deserve to suffer."

"Then don't let them."

He rolls his eyes. "You do not listen because you do not want to. You won't find a better offer. I can pay."

"I don't want your money. I want peace and to be left to wallow on my own." Her muscles tense on their own as she glances around the room. If ghosts were watching, she wishes she could see them, maybe gather their support. Anything to not be alone with a man whose face killed everyone she once loved.

Sometimes, she feels like she's not alone in this small hovel carved into the cliff, like she can hear echoes of past conversations. If she concentrates on herself and blocks out every other sound possible, all that's left is the sound of charms clicking together in the wind.

She must not be as good at pretending as she used to be because it is obvious Fett can tell. Whether he knows just how lonely she is or only that she is uncomfortable looking at his face, she does not know. "High General, let me be honest with you. You were never my enemy. I am not going to apologize for doing the job I was hired to do, but now I get to make my own choices. And I choose to fight for this city. You are one of the best damn fighters in the galaxy. I need you to win the battle that's coming."

"I am done fighting wars I never asked to be in." Though she intends to convey every bit of rage she keeps contained, the words just come out somber.

"As I said, I need you, Naftiri. And though you might not need me specifically, you need something. Something other than hiding away in the desert." He glances around as if trying to decipher the place. "And I told you I'd be honest with you, so I will." Standing to his full height, he turns and looks out the carved window, tucking his helmet under his arm. "I got word Tatooine had a bounty hunter visitor. I sent Fennec to give him the same offer I extend to you now. Seems he agreed."

Alora springs to her feet and glances out the window. Even as Fett takes the chance to walk out of her makeshift abode and towards the two incomers, Alora just takes a moment to stare at the setting sun's light bouncing off the clean beskar approaching. She pulls away just before the helmet that haunts her waking days can catch sight of her. Well, she has never seen his eyes, so perhaps he had seen her. Either way, she finds herself pulling up her hood and following Boba Fett just outside her door.

"You really know how to trap a girl, don't you?"

"You can say no, and I will leave you to wallow in the desert forever. You have my word." Fett secures his helmet with a sigh. "But he is willing to help us. Just said he needed to make a quick trip to visit a little friend. I thought you'd have an idea of where he intends to go."

Alora's chest tightens as the two newcomers get closer and closer. "I help you, and I never hear from you again," she says quietly. "I can appreciate that you did not choose to be what you are. I didn't either. But your kind has caused me too much harm. You cannot help your voice, and I cannot help my memories." She turns to look into the dark void of his helmet. "Maybe one day I'll give you the full story since you did help me get off that Imperial hellscape. But I don't want to remember the slaughter any more than you do."

With that, she takes a deep breath and begins walking forward. She gets about halfway to the newcomers when the one in full beskar armor pauses, leaving Fennec to continue toward Fett. Instead of dwelling on it, Alora simply continues on.

Just as she is passing the Mandalorian, she says, "Come on. I hope you've got a ship that can take both of us. And then you can tell me what the fuck Fett got us into."

✦✧✦✧✦

CAST REMAINS THE SAME AS ACT 1 AND THE PREQUEL

✦✧✦✧✦

Act 2 starting off a bit unexpectedly! The rest is coming soon, but it could be a while between updates for now due to other ongoing projects. I have the book of Boba Fett prewritten, but nothing past that yet. 

I hope you enjoyed reading and are looking forward to the rest of this story!

-L

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

425K 14K 85
Since the rebellion Kit has lived by one rule and only one rule, no attachments. After losing her mother, father and then having her best friend go i...
48.9K 1.7K 38
haven't you taken enough from me? [ the mandalorian season 2 ] din djarin x daughter!oc cover by @potter_spellbook © ASTRXIDS , 2021-2023
5.8K 220 12
━ ❝𝘸𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦, 𝘥𝘪𝘯. 𝘸𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨.❞ OR ━ 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘴𝘴�...
Escort By Nai

Fanfiction

2.7K 52 14
Warning I know nothing of Star Wars and I cannot believe I'm actually doing a fanfiction on the series, The Mandalorian. I fell in love with it and w...