Desire [Zoro x Reader] One Pi...

By MoonEquation

You've been cursed since a young age, to be desired by every single man you come across. Zoro decides to be t... More

Zoro is my husband?!
Cuteness is the answer!
Zoro is my personal trainer!
It's party time!!!
Shy Swordsman, Roronoa.
Save me, Zoro!
Zoro, do you wanna do....
Zoro, Samurai, You.
The Navy, Many Cameras, and A Kiss
Wedding Day!!!
Zoro's apology
To undo the curse,
To undo the curse, [Part 2]
Zoro, are you jealous?
Unending Love
Love, the only constant.

Desired by all, claimed by one

5.1K 96 77
By MoonEquation

Note: This fanfic does not use "Y/N" but rather refers to the reader as "she". Feel free to insert any straight, female figure you wish to see interact with Marimo~ <3

"You'll never know true love. Because everyone will be in love with you. Every single man on earth will want you now. But there's a catch- which I won't tell you yet."

The child's eyes trembled with fear. There was no other emotion for her to feel. It was pure reluctance and trepidation of the unknown. As young as she was, she has grown enough to know that this was not going anywhere exciting.

"Don't worry. It's not all bad...."

The witch cackled, petting the child's head for a while before throwing a flask of powder onto her little body. The child coughed hard, shutting eyes forcefully. After a few mumbles from the witch, the child opened her eyes, looking down at her body.

"Nothing has changed."

"No, dear. Everything... has changed."

The child looked up at the witch, her eyes filled with confusion and fright.

///// Time Skip, main character is now 20 years old /////

"So she's (you) the famous seductress of The New World?"

Robin questioned, flipping through the newspaper intently. Sanji took a place beside her, staring at the newspaper for a while, before lighting a cigarette in his mouth.

"Well, I can understand why."

Robin paid no attention to his comments. He was the man that declared every female as his love interest. Shrugging it off with a smile, Robin folded that issue into a neat pile, walking off to where she could observe the island that was nearing. The lady in the newspaper- she has always piqued Robin's interest. It made her wonder if there was a solution to the problem. She could only imagine the kind of life she has lived being termed as such. We will soon meet her, she thought, as she heard Nami's familiar voice ordering the men to dock the ship at the visible island.

Everyone gathered their forces, resulting in a successful docking and anchoring of the Thousand Sunny. Luffy hopped off the ship first, his radiant smile shining onto the island. Zoro followed along, rubbing his eyes having just woken up from his nap. After everyone was down from the place they call home, they made their way down the sandy ground, their footsteps making a pleasant tune to the ears.

The peace was soon disrupted by the sound of men charging forward, followed by women screaming on top of their lungs. Luffy began running towards the place of commotion, as Sanji bolted forward assuming the females were in danger. Everyone else followed their lead, Usopp holding out his weapon while running with fear brimming in his heart.

Luffy stretched out his arm and grabbed onto the roof of a nearby house, landing in front of the crowd before anyone else could. He then noticed a woman running at great speed with no expression on her face. Frowning at that, he didn't bother to assess the situation and grabbed onto the woman, as he turned around to meet eyes with her.

"You're pretty."

That was the first thing that came out of his mouth. She held back her tears, her body submitting to the fate in front of her eyes. Take me away, she thought to herself, feeling his arms wrap around her body. Luffy then stretched out his other hand to grab the roof of another building, and landed a little roughly, making her cough and wiggle in his arms.

"Ms pretty. What are you running from?"

"..."

What an idiot, she thought. He thinks acting differently will get him whatever he wants. Luffy was simply stating a fact that he felt the urge to share; he wasn't one to ogle at women, but her presence made him want to hold her and chat with her for hours. Not caring whether what he was feeling was something he recognized, Luffy continued holding her in his arms. She sighed out loud and let out a tear, still not used to being chased down by lustful men and angry women.

"You're the first one to do that... thing with your arm. I'll give you that."

"Huh?"

Her lifeless tone of voice made Luffy unsure of what to do next. He was familiar with dealing with either friend or foe, nothing in between. She then continued staring at him, before realising that he looked quite harmless despite his weird capabilities. And she knew very well what danger in humans looked like. Should I try... to resist? She thought, as she nervously watched his expression. Luffy was looking down at his crew mates from the roof, when Robin reached the top of the roof as well after seeing he was there.

Robin could not help but gasp- the lady from the newspapers had her face and body filled with scratches and scars. Ones that you could not simply match to "The Seductress". Her jaw dropping in concern, Robin reached out her hand, gently instructing Luffy to let her go. Luffy refused, holding her even closer. I knew it. Resistance would have been futile, she thought, as she met eyes with Robin.

Go ahead, slap me too, she thought. However, Robin did no such thing. Instead, she traced her hair with a gentle caress, asking Luffy to let go of her again.

"Luffy. Please. I know her."

You know me? She scoffed at Robin's words. Probably another wife of a husband who was stupidly after the likes of me, she thought. Despite her unpleasant assumptions, Robin maintained a distance, and did nothing to intimidate her. Luffy then pouted, instructing those downstairs to attack anyone who was after her. That meant a good number of people, both men and women who were either completely for her, or against her. Every Strawhat leaped into action without hesitation- words of the captain meant obedience.

"Let's go down. Also... She will join our crew."

Luffy held her close, still confused at her lack of resistance and his own reluctance to let her go. Robin then decided to take her by force, as she closed her eyes and summoned extra hands to hold onto the wanted woman. In that commotion, the three of them headed down with much ease and comfort, as Zoro turned his head to face Luffy holding onto a woman. That's unlike him, he thought, as the woman in question dropped onto the ground, running away from Luffy. Luffy stood there, not stretching his arm and not saying words to try and convince her to stay. He simply told everyone she was to be their new crew mate, to which everyone took a look at her. The males instantly felt an attraction towards her, as they continued fending off blows without injuring their opponents too much.

"Zoro! Make sure you get her safely!"

Luffy shouted, barking orders at Zoro. Her head turned towards the man named Zoro. He carried an air of determination and charisma that she could not ignore. Feeling unaccustomed to the feelings she was feeling, she continued staring at him for a long time. The air that surrounded him was nothing like those other men that only had strength to overpower the weak. He seemed to be able to overpower anyone, no, anything. Feeling her heart throb quickly, she watched him coming closer to her, with obvious intent to bring her to the ship. She felt trapped between the familiar equation of men being dangerous and him being somewhat desirable. She had to take a stance somehow, she thought, as she raised her voice for him to hear.

"Wait! Before anything... you should know, I have a deadly curse."

"Huh?"

"That... it's a bit embarrassing to say out loud, but every man desires me."

"Well, I don't."

A smirk formed at Zoro's mouth, before deflecting the first axe slash, and then blowing a hard stab that made her vision go blurry with the sand that flew all over the place. That didn't seem to affect him though, as he soon disappeared from her sight. The sounds of metal clashing and agony of men filled her ears, as she stood there motionless.

What? This was the first time she's ever heard this. It was the first time she has ever made eye contact with a male who did not carry any liking, love or even lust in his gaze. Confused but afraid, she felt her heart beating to the beat of his swords clanking with the enemy's; at a pace she had never witnessed before.

Her heart beating fast, she took a good look at the man sculpted with pure ambition, drive and undeniable purpose. Soon that man, Zoro, returned to the dazed figure, with an even more determined gleam in his eyes. She took a step backwards, everything unfamiliar to all of her senses.

"And also... everyone wants you?"

"Y...yes. That means-"

"That means... okay. You're coming with me."

"You're crazy! I don't belong anywhere. I only cause mistrust and disharmony. I don't, I can't be a part of anything. I must... I must be alone."

The times she wished to wake up to darkness raced through her mind. There was no single day she thought life was worth living. The only times she thought her life carried meaning was when her physical body provided some sort of purpose to someone other than herself. If to live is to serve anyone but herself, she would have led the most meaningful life in the world.

Ignoring her words, Zoro grabbed onto her wrist firmly and began to make a move. She closed her eyes shut, wishing to be thrown away as if she were a piece of paper with unwanted, unsatisfactory writing on it. However, it was impossible to remove his grip. His hand was rough, calloused, and filled with determination, coupled with pure inhumane strength. Being dragged along was a familiar feeling; but to feel such a sturdy strength was unfamiliar to her.

Seeing how she did not even question the destination, Zoro's smirk dropped, as he turned his head to see her glancing at him periodically, her face all red. She could not comprehend anything. Knowing nothing made her know one thing though, that she will once again succumb to force, but this time voluntarily. She wanted to be dragged along as much as she wanted to drop his grip.

//

It has been a few good minutes since Zoro has carried her up the ship. Everyone was curious about the new figure covered in obvious pains from the past, but Zoro requested to be alone with her and Luffy.

The three of them stood on top of the sturdy wooden planks of the Thousand Sunny. The sun began to set gradually, the darkness taking its cue to take its place. The air was serious, almost still, as if they all understood each other's pains.

Zoro broke the silence.

"I have realised, Luffy. The only way for you to achieve your dreams would be to achieve mine. You can accept that, right?"

A shadow was cast over Luffy's eyes as he tilted his straw hat forward, making his emotions unreadable.

"I've never once wanted to deny your dreams, Zoro. If that's what you must do, I trust in your decisions."

"Thanks, captain."

Luffy grinned at the word captain - a word that has changed its definition over the years. Its definition started off simple; a designation that matched his dream. It then evolved into responsibilities, desired hardship and then a pledge to everyone who saw him as one. That word echoed in his ears for a while, as he pressed his lips together.

Despite it having so much meaning, the only thing he was certain of was that it meant making hard decisions. But this wasn't a hard decision at all.

Soon, Luffy's eyes turned to her.

"What's your dream, though?"

"My... my dream?"

It was, and is to be dead. She thought, muttering her thoughts softly to herself. Luffy's voice lowered a pitch, giving Zoro a glance.

"Kill her, then."

His voice was stern. The 3 words carried no other meaning, no room between the lines, and no emotions. Zoro took a deep breath out, withdrawing his beloved sword. On the contrary, she took a deep breath in, making eye contact with the same eyes that denied her curse for the first time. Both Zoro and Luffy's eyes carried so much resolution that it made her want to close her eyes shut. This was the only thing that she has ever desired. To stop this useless motion of getting oxygen in. To stop this useless thumping of the heart, to stop this useless turning of the brain. To stop crying, to stop hiding, to stop being hated. To stop-

"Stop!"

She screamed, seeing Zoro point the sword at a scarily accurate position, directly at her beating heart. Luffy loosened his jaw, as he repeated that word back to Zoro.

"Stop. Zoro."

This time, it was two words. It took only two words for her to prevent her own death. To let her continue breathing. Zoro placed the sword back, changing his posture. Everyone was silent. The only sounds were the metal clanking sound, and the wind gently going through the gaps of the straw hat's intricate weaving.

"Stop..... I want to stop...."

"...."

"My dream is to stop living like this!"

The tension wore off. As if her worries that were once bunched up in a tight knot loosened and scattered all across the vast ocean. As if she forgot what it meant to be hopeless. There was still no light, but there was now a path. Compared to the complete darkness she was trapped in before, she could feel a cemented ground beneath her feet. She could see no end destination, no light, but she felt it. She felt the invitation to walk forward.

Gasping for air, she clutched onto her shirt, now able to feel but not see. Unable to see the hand that was extended in front of her face, she stared at the wooden board, tears dropping quietly.

"Sometimes, death brings about reason to live."

Zoro's tone was as firm as the grip she felt previously. Placing his hand on the Ichimonji, he continued holding out that hand in front of her, inviting her to make her own decision to stand up. Unlike the previous time he dragged her along to achieve his own dreams, he wanted her to accept his invitation now. To hold his hand and find a way out of this lifeless life, to start living a life driven by her wants. Sobbing uncontrollably, she slowly held onto his hand, the toughness of his hand feeling like an armour instead of a threat this time.

"Marry me. Declare me as your husband to the entire world."

"What?"

Feeling his hand still gripping firmly onto hers, she looked up to observe his eyes. It reflected no romance or lust. Just a simple desire to fulfil the words that have left his mouth. Luffy grinned to himself, understanding the meaning behind it. Zoro sighed a little, feeling worn out at the intense excitement of getting closer to his goal. Letting go of her hand, he got down on one knee, and took the bandana off his arm. He then tore a small piece off of it, and tied it around her ring finger.

"Marry me. Be my wife. Tell everyone that I am yours and you are mine. That, everyone who desires you, has to get through me first."

Her lips parting slowly at those words, she took a long look at her hand. A person has just promised her a future of protection. What's the point though, she thought, since he could possibly be one of the men who just wanted to be by her side.

Seeing her so dazed, Luffy took off his hat, and placed it on her gently. Surprised at that gesture, she gave Zoro a quick look, then turned her eyes to Luffy.

"His name is Roronoa Zoro. His dream is to become the world's greatest swordsman. And I, Monkey D. Luffy, to become King of the pirates."

"...."

That didn't explain much. Still feeling wavered by the new emotions that poured through her empty desert heart, she let Zoro's hand go, and returned the hat to Luffy.

"I.... Don't know what's going on."

It wasn't natural for her to not know what was going on. In the past, she knew all the abuse and manipulation had one single purpose. However now, this man claims to do something that acts upon that purpose without desiring for that. Greatly confused and tired from running around, she lost her balance for a while before firming her footing.

"What? Marry me?"

She questioned again, as Zoro nodded his head. Luffy left the scene quietly, as she watched him further from them each moment.

"Look.... I have no desire for you in any way. I just want you to be titled as my wife. Then, I can fulfil my dreams."

"Your dreams... of becoming the world's greatest swordsman?"

"...."

Hearing his dream from a foreign person's mouth made Zoro stand back up. He then clutched onto his swords habitually, before offering his hand again, to which she grabbed onto.

"Yes. If what you said is true, and it seems true, everyone will want to fight me. That's human nature. To fight for what you want."

"That's... human nature?"

She retorted, weirded out by his logic. No. Human nature is more disgusting than that. Human nature is greed. It is to obtain what you want at any cost. Which... is what he is doing right now, she realised. Frowning, she tightened the grip on his hand.

"What if you didn't have to fight for it then. Would it not be a "want" anymore?"

"That'd mean you are incredibly lucky, or what you want is something that will fade away easily."

She thought back to everything that has happened to her. No. Some people...

"No. Some people get what they want because it is easy to get what they want. You don't understand. You're strong, and are not alone."

"Precisely. Now you'll be as strong as I am, and I'll be as weak as you are. If you claim yourself to be."

"Well-"

"Well, I can't assure you I'll be the loving husband of your dreams, but I can assure you living with us will be better than going through it alone. I trust them, and you will soon, too."

"How can you be so sure of the future? Why? What makes you so confident? What if things go wrong?"

"I am not going to force you to do anything you don't want to. The ship is still docked here. You can return if you want. I'll wait."

I'll wait. This sentence was way too cruel for her to hear. I'll wait for things to get better, I'll wait for someone to show up, I'll wait till I can smile again. Humans loved making statements about the future and claiming it as romantic. How ironic- the future is the one thing that humans can't be sure of. Let's catch up, see you, I'll miss you, I'll be thinking of you. I'll love you till death do us apart. How cruel is it to promise such beauty over uncertainty. After hearing the words she hated to hear, she wiped the tears off her face before grabbing onto his shoulders.

"Look at me."

"I'm looking."

His voice was low, almost gruff to some extent. Making eye contact with him was tough, and it wasn't simply because of her tears blurring her vision. Swallowing her saliva, she let out a short breath, being fully aware of the cloth that was tied around her finger.

"You are sure you don't feel anything to me, and you won't do anything to me."

"Yes."

"You are not going to betray me."

"Yes."

"You are a human male that...."

Her words were all choked up, she could not go on anymore. Pressing her lids shut, she opened them again, her mind playing the images of countless men staring at her with intent.

"You are sure I can trust everyone on this ship."

"As I said, if anyone tries to act upon their desires, I'll not hesitate to fight. Even if it's my own crew mates."

Hearing that made her feel slightly reassured. Putting up her left hand now decorated with a symbol of eternal partnership, she collected herself before letting go of the other shoulder as well.

"I....will place my trust in you, Mr. Roronoa Zoro."

"Great, you're my wife now."

He then tore off another piece of cloth from his bandana that he treasured so much, before offering her to tie it around his own finger as well. With shaky hands she made a simple knot, to which he fastened one more time before holding her hands.

"I, Roronoa Zoro, vow to be your husband, and to be the greatest swordsman to ever live."

Nodding her head, she took another look into his eyes. It did not waver, it did not stir. It showed pure determination and tenacity. Zoro then stared into her eyes- he did not really care about how she felt, but what she did. She promised to be there to support his dreams. He needed nothing more than that.

"Now, let us tell the world that the woman whom everyone desires, has vowed to be by my side for her life."

Returning that statement with a little smile, she felt the new path cemented upon her feet, and escaped into his embrace.

To be continued

Shall end off with one of my fav images of Marimo :3

Thank you for reading! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 456 16
A girl named Ruffa Akane was assigned a mission to spy on the Strawhat Pirates by Garp, to look after Luffy. But what happens if she gets too close t...
151K 4.7K 43
Roronoa Zoro x F!reader AU! Zoro a new student in your school, you are the smartest of them all and most talented also very popular but you don't g...
12.8K 588 20
Zoro Roronoa is a retired black-ops agent suffering from PTSD; after moving to a small town and getting married in hopes of leaving that life behind...
118K 4.7K 17
When one dream to become a swordswoman in a sexist village keeps you from fulfilling your dream. Roronoa Zoro who is a swordsman in training takes yo...