Fans of each other || Zoro x...

By MsFailure_

An old acquaintance. A old heartthrob. An old wound. Eventually, it all reverts to it's opposite. A famed mar... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
A/N

9

3.5K 93 24
By MsFailure_

"That went well," Luffy says, "Don't you think?"

I scoff, "Sure, if you count pissing off the head of staff as 'going well', you totally crushed it."

We were then all escorted to our rooms, but not before Zoro stole a bottle of wine. Its probably gonna be done in two minutes.

Time Skip

Zoro and I were put in rooms right next to each other, so after the staff left, I didn't change, but I did take a backpack and stuff my old clothes into it. I'm taking these clothes with me. They are too fancy, pretty, and movable to abandon. I went out of my room, and I looked at the door next to mine, making an internal bet that Zoro already finished the wine, then knocked on the door.

Zoro opened the door, wine in hand, surprisingly not finished, as it was only halfway empty. He was changed back into his old clothes, swords still on him. "I was wondering how long you would take to barge in," he teased, handing me the unfinished wine bottle, "Here. I knew you were gonna want some. Come in."

We hung out for a while, doing random stuff, me doing origami with paper I found, and Zoro taking care of his swords, until we finished the bottle. We both agreed to go out to find more wine. After a while, we were lost. It wasn't my fault though. I'm arguably better at directions than Grass-head but I didn't memorize the layout of this big ass mansion.

We were looking around, when Zoro bumped into Luffy.

"Hey! Zoro! And (Y/N)?"

"Sh! Shut up," Zoro scolds, looking around. We start walking again, Zoro dragging me by my hand. At this point I guess I have to get used to it.

Luffy looks down, and notices Zoro's swords. He then looks over to me, and spots my backpack along with my fans. "You always carry those swords with you?"

"Where ever I go, the Wado Ichimonji goes."

"And I'm guessing that's the same answer about your fans?" Luffy questions, not expecting any different answer.

"I mean, sure. It reassures me."

"Where are you guys going anyways?"

"We're looking for a drink," Zoro answers for the both of us, "This place is a maze. How 'bout you?"

"Midnight snack."

"Of course."

"I shouldn't have expected anything different, " I whisper under my breath.

Zoro starts to go forward again, when Luffy puts his hand on Zoro's shoulder and pulls him back. "Come on. We'll follow my nose to the kitchen." Luffy then turn the complete opposite way, and starts fast walking.

Zoro and I look at each other, and after I shrug, we both start following the hungry pirate.

Small Time Skip

We finally reach the kitchen, finding out that someone else was already in it. Orange-bandana-dude. I forgot his name, Ussey was it?

Luffy announces our arrival with, "Couldn't sleep either, huh?"

"Heh, not after that dinner," he responds.

Luffy climbs down, continuing to talk to the guy. Meanwhile, Zoro looks around for his beloved alcohol. He goes as far as looking through cabinets. I just go and sit down on the stairs, on my elbows, supporting my leaning. After Zoro somewhat gives up, he goes to sit down next to me, but instead of the stairs he sits on the end of the railing.

"... Man! I wish I could do that. But... I can't leave. Kaya needs me."

"Is she your girlfriend or something?"

"What?- No, she's more like... my best friend. Her parents died a few years ago, and she... took it pretty hard, and... and she got sick on top of that. I just want to be there for her, you know?"

There was more conversation that didn't catch my interest, so I just admired the spacious kitchen. Zoro also go bored, and he started looking around again.

"...- She's gorgeous, and she's super smart. She has the best laugh. But, I mean you don't think she, like, like likes me, do you?"

"You are asking the wrong guy," Zoro answers, already done with him.

"Okay. But if you were Kaya, would you like me?" the guy pushes.

"I wouldn't at all," I whisper, not particularly expecting anyone to pick that up.

"I already like you," Luffy states, oblivious to the real meaning.

"Okay. That's not what I- I- Nevermind." To relieve stress, Bandana-guy slingshots a kernel into a pan.

"Wow. You're a great shot!" Luffy compliments, obviously amazed.

"Got it from my dad. He's a notorious pirate. I don't really remember him that well, 'cause he left for a life at sea when I was just a baby, but he'll be back one day," the guy shooting another kernel, "Yasopp the Great."

"Yasopp? He's your dad?"

"Yeah. Why? You heard of him?"

"Heard of him? I know him! I... He's a part of Shanks' crew!"

Oh great. More of the Shanks guy.

"Wait. You know my dad?"

"Yeah, yeah, I do! He's the best. Always made time for some pirate wisdom."

"So, you guys like... hung out?"

"Yeah."

"That's cool."

"If you're gonna talk about  feelings, I'm really gonna need a drink," Zoro interrupts.

"Uh, there's a wine cellar in the basement."

"Why didn't you tell me that before?"

Usopp goes to show Zoro the cellar, leaving us to follow. Zoro looks at Luffy, "You coming?"

He then turns around and reaches me, holding out his hand to help me up. I take it, not that I needed it, but it's a nice gesture. After I'm off the ground, Zoro just continues walking, not letting go of my hand or waiting for Luffy's answer. We walk a bit further, hearing a small no and a few other words.

After reaching a familiar hallway, instead of walking more, Zoro stops the Kaya-simp, and turns to me. "Go back to your room, I'll bring back a bottle or two for you. You should rest."

I try to ask why, but Zoro just stops me with "Don't ask why, just go." I give him a look, and he leans towards my ear, whispering, "I can tell you got annoyed of his excessive talking. Take the chance to recharge your patience."

"Fine. Better make sure to bring some wine back though."

"Mhm."

I turn around to leave, and Zoro exchanged a few words with the resident-tour-guide, and they started their journey again. I walk towards my room, hand over my racing heart. I think back on the events that happened so quickly. Zoro really had to get close to me just now, I hope he didn't catch my breath hitching. 

As I was entering my room, I felt a little uneasy. Maybe I should find Nami. I start searching the hallways, listening for clinking. I'm certain that Nami wouldn't pass up a chance to steal and get rich off all the trinkets laying around. I reach a hallway where I could hear the faintest conversation. If one of the staff was here they probably wouldn't have heard it, but I was trained to listen for the smallest of sounds. Perks of living in a dojo most of my childhood. I walk towards the door at the end of the hallway, debating whether to knock or not. Eh, they'll forgive me if I interrupt something.

I open up the door, to see Nami and Kaya about to get off the couch, but somewhat frozen in place, looking at the door. "Sorry to intrude, I just needed to find Nami," I apologize awkwardly, 
"Go on with your conversation, I can wait."

"Oh alright then."

"Oh uhm, why don't you guys, now that you are here (Y/N), join me for breakfast tomorrow? Your friends too. We can discuss a deal for the caravel."

"I'd like that," Nami smiles, "This may not be my place, but don't let Klahadore, or anyone for that matter, run your life. You're stronger than you think."

"I appreciate that. Good night Nami, (Y/N)."

"Good night."

"Don't forget the pillow."

Nami looks back and smiles, taking the pillow and motioning for us to walk out. I wave goodbye to Kaya and walk out the door.

We walk out a little, and Nami stops, ruffling through the pillowcase, and puts back an ornament.

"So why did you need me?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 748 18
In which a girl that's terrible a baking, but great with knives meets a bunch of non-pirate, pirates. Or In which a girl is trying to find her famil...
1.5K 57 6
'✯'β€’.β€ΏβžΉπ†π€π“π„π–π€π˜β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€ π—œπ—» π—ͺ𝗡𝗢𝗰𝗡─────── a girl in the real world, who watches the one piece live action show. actually ends up in the...
39.4K 952 12
Y/N D. L/N A Man, A Powerful Man, A Immortal Man. That lived through The Void Century, witnessing the destruction of the Great Kingdom. He is waiting...
41.1K 1.3K 38
π•»π–†π–˜π–˜π–Žπ–”π–“π–†π–™π–Š, π–˜π–π–”π–œπ–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝖔𝖗 π–ˆπ–†π–šπ–˜π–Šπ–‰ π–‡π–ž π–˜π–™π–—π–”π–“π–Œ π–‹π–Šπ–Šπ–‘π–Žπ–“π–Œπ–˜. γ€ο½ο½Žο½…γ€€ο½ο½‰ο½…ο½ƒο½…γ€€ο½˜γ€€ο½’ο½…ο½ο½„ο½…ο½’γ€‘ re-upload since wattpad took it down...