|| Sunlight || k. bakugou x o...

By Jay_xOC

My eyes close as I tilt my chin upwards and soak in the sunlight. My quirk buzzes to life in the presence of... More

. Chapter One .
. Chapter Two .
. Chapter Three .
. Chapter Four .
. Chapter Five .
. Chapter Six .
. Chapter Seven .
. Chapter Eight .
. Chapter Nine .
. Chapter Ten .
. Chapter Eleven .
. Chapter Twelve .
. Chapter Thirteen .
. Chapter Fourteen .
. Chapter Fifteen .
. Chapter Sixteen .
. Chapter Seventeen .
. Chapter Eighteen .
. Chapter Nineteen .
. Chapter Twenty .
. Chapter Twenty-One .
Chapter Twenty-Two
Author's Note
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Twenty-Five

610 22 3
By Jay_xOC

Kai POV

"Okay, I've taken the damn classes, I've improved my flexibility, but I still don't know how to incorporate that into my fighting style." Bakugou pouts and stomps his feet like a child. I chuckle to myself.

"Just because you took three dance classes doesn't mean you're gonna get it right away." I smile teasingly before standing up. Training has gotten more intense as the Sports' Festival gets closer. Outside of dance classes, I've started showing Bakugou how to incorporate more agility and flexibility into his fighting style. When I'm not with Bakugou, I'm training with Shoto.

Seeing as his father is always busy with hero work, we've basically had the training gym in his house to ourselves. Endeavor and I haven't even crossed paths. We're still on for dinner on Saturday night. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit excited about getting Endeavor's reaction.

My body hasn't truly stopped being sore from training. On the worst days, my eyes start to feel strained, leading to intense headaches and sensitivity to the outdoors. Now is one of those times.

Bakugou and I have been training for over an hour. Aizawa encouraged us to train with other classmates, but I'm getting so tired of being Bakugou's punching bag. Endurance-wise, his quirk is much better suited. I feel so drained. As time stretches on, he gets more frustrated and starts doing less to try and follow my fighting style.

While Bakugou works hard to develop a new fighting style, I hold my cards close to my chest. All the new ways I'm trying to get my quirk to work are unique and important for me to keep a secret.

It's easy to think that his sheer brute force is his greatest strength, but Katsuki Bakugou's incredible talent stems from his ability to analyze a situation and take advantage of it. Which is why he can't know about what I've been developing my quirk into. Even in quirkless sparring matches, I can tell that he's already thinking about how he can beat me at the festival. He's constantly following my movement and considering my preferred fighting tactics.

He's dangerous.

Things are much easier this way. The more I consider Bakugou for what he is—just another opponent for me to analyze and beat—things don't get complicated. No one's said anything but I know people have noticed the way I've withdrawn from the social aspect of school. Especially Mina, Jiro, and Midoriya. They invite me to hang out and to train and I always find a reason to decline. Because that's what I'm conditioned for. My parents taught me the importance of working alone and to look at everyone I come across as a potential opponent.

Before anyone is a friend, I analyze them as an enemy first.

The bell rings and training ends. Aizawa excuses us and we all hurry to change out of our gym uniforms and leave. I always wear long-sleeved shirts underneath my gym clothes, so it's a quick process. Now, I can go train with Todoroki while we plot for Saturday's dinner. I can't wait.

{A/N: Currently working on a Bonus Chapter of dinner with the Todoroki family, coming soon:) }

* * *

I've danced with a partner before. It's never struck me as awkward. The whole point is that we work together no matter what. Despite all the time we've spent fighting, Bakugou seems hesitant to get close. The instructors start showing us how to piece together the dances we learned separately, explaining hand placement, foot alignment, all the details.

"I don't bite, sweetheart." I growl, tilting my head towards the six-foot distance between us. Our instructors inform us that Partner B should stand almost directly behind Partner A. The boy angrily shuffles until he's standing behind my left shoulder. I smell caramel on his skin...nitroglycerin. I chuckle to myself.

"Partner B, place your right hand on your partner's waist. It shouldn't wrap all the way around, in fact, it should appear pretty relaxed." Miss Nishimura instructs. Bakugou steps forward slightly, resting his hand tensely against my hip. Even through my baggy t-shirt, I feel the warmth that radiates from his hand.

"Jesus Christ, why is your hand so hot?" I scoff sarcastically, "Don't tell me you're going to get sweat all over my brand new shirt."

"What the fuck do you want me to do about it? It's my quirk." He hisses angrily.

I laugh, "I'm joking, Bakugou. I don't care." His hand relaxes slightly, resting more naturally against my waist. There's something about the warmth of his touch that is relaxing. My body's been conditioned into expecting pain everytime it experiences human touch. It's so used to enduring violence.

For someone who likes to use me as his personal punching bag in training, his touch is surprisingly gentle now.

Nishimura POV

Partner dancing is always difficult. Awkward at first. Partners trying to get comfortable with one another, learn the other's style, to match and play off each other's energies. Learning to trust each other.

Young Himiko and her partner Bakugou do not have that problem after their initial hesitation.

He reads her motion, adjusting to her flowing style. I don't know the extent of their relationship, but they're comfortable with physical contact. Their chemistry is so...natural.

Mako and I demonstrate the next part of the choreography. We dance facing each other, just inches apart. Reflecting each other's movements like a mirror. Then, I spin around and fall backwards into his arms.

In the past, I've had trouble teaching this part. People don't feel comfortable blindly trusting their partner. I start the music and encourage everyone to try their best. Mako nudges my arm and gestures vaguely towards Himiko and Bakugou.

They face each other, exhilaratingly close. Despite being blind, her eyes look right into Bakugou's. Himiko smiles slightly, almost teasing her partner. Although appearing overconfident at times, the boy clearly matches her movement, not the other way around.

He recognizes her as the more skilled dancer.

She turns quickly—but fluidly, raising an arm in the air, lifting a pointed foot, and falling back without hesitation. The boy catches her with ease, pulling her close to him before setting her properly on her feet. The two turn to the front of the room, waiting calmly to be instructed of what's next.

What an insane duo.

Their movement is so easy and controlled.

* * *

After class, Bakugou goes to change and I pull Himiko to the side, "You did very well in class today, Miss Himiko." I glance around, "May I ask how you and young Bakugou know each other? Today made it very apparent that you two are very athletic but also quite familiar with each other."

The girl nods slowly, "We're UA students. We're classmates. We've trained together. We've fought together."

Everything clicks into place, "That makes a lot of sense. You two have a very natural chemistry and trust."

Himiko laughs, "That's very generous. Most of our days are filled with fighting against each other. We're more rivals than friends."

"Either way, I can tell you two are aware of each other's physical limits. It makes for a very balanced pair dance." I smile, but the girl's expression darkens slightly.

"...thank you, Miss Nishimura."

Still, she bows respectfully and turns to leave. Her spiky-haired partner falls into step next to her and I watch the pair leave. The boy hands her her bag and she quietly thanks him.

As they walk, both of them walk tenderly, as if they were sore. The tank top that Bakugou wears reveals bruises peeking from under the fabric, scattered around his shoulders. I'd also noticed a series of scrapes along Himiko's forearms, as if she'd fallen on concrete.

Both teens look beat-up and sore, something that doesn't normally show in their dancing, but it shows now. It makes sense that they might get a bit roughed up training in such a prestigious school as UA, but even then, it's still a lot for any teenager to endure.

Come to think of it...the UA Sports Festival is soon...

A/N: Thanks for reading, I know this chapter is kind of terrible.

Burnout is hitting me hard and I'm so busy with work and school. I hope I can get more chapters out in the next couple months, but I can't make any promises about that.

But I really want to finish this eventually. Thanks to everyone who has supported this book so far and thank you for your patience😅, I'm so grateful!

💜 Jay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.7K 1K 52
a young woman who has a beautiful face with a powerful quirk, has a curse? Y/N L/N is a kind girl. she is shy and not wanting to friends or interact...
83.4K 3.2K 171
This book follows Akira Kiriya's experiences and encounters during her first year at UA high school. How will she fare with her new classmates at the...
513K 14.2K 49
*In process of editing* You're Kirishima's estranged twin sister. You've come back to Japan after pursuing a modeling career in America (Don't give m...
23.2K 559 50
You and your twin brother are known to be very close and rowdy at times. Both of you were in separate Hero classes yet still supported each other. Yo...