Prodigy Idol Sunfish

By minimiru

[Everything is fine but you will die no matter what you do ★] [Synonym for a shitty game of luck ★] [Is there... More

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22
Episode 23
Episode 24
Episode 25
Episode 26
Episode 27
Episode 28
Episode 29
Episode 30
Episode 31
Episode 32
Episode 33
Episode 34
Episode 36
Episode 37
Episode 38
Episode 39
Episode 40
Episode 41
Episode 42
Episode 43
Episode 44
Episode 45
Episode 46
Episode 47
Episode 48
Episode 49
Episode 50
Episode 51
Episode 52
Episode 53
Episode 54
Episode 55
Episode 56
Episode 57
Episode 58
Episode 59
Episode 60
Episode 61
Episode 62

Episode 35

3.2K 125 19
By minimiru

TL by Miru

I'm a Genius Idol but My Passive is Sunfish: Episode 35

Baekya stopped in front of the door and cautiously peered inside. Having not heard any specific instructions from the manager, he glanced around the hallway he had walked through. As expected, Namkyung was nowhere to be seen.

[Baekya: ...Have you perhaps heard anything from him?]

[VJ: Well, I'm not sure. Maybe he went somewhere for a moment? It's probably better to wait inside.]

The VJ in charge didn't seem to know anything either. Deciding to wait inside until Namkyung returned, Baekya reached for the doorknob.

He opened the door.

The moment he walked in...

Bang!

Birthday firecrackers exploded and the members appeared with flickering candles.

[Group: Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday dear Baekya~]

[Baekya (A surprised hamster): !!!!!!]

[DASE prepared a surprise birthday party]

Even when the lights turned on brightly, Baekya was unable to come to his senses. Meanwhile, Chung swiftly approached him and placed an unidentified object over his head.

A pink beret with a green leaf. The peach-shaped hat resembling Baekya was both comical and oddly fitting.

[Chung: Happy birthday to you!]

The Peach wobbled as Chung tightly embraced him. When Chung finally released him, Minsung quickly held out the cake in front of Baekya.

[Minsung: Make a wish quickly. The candles are melting...!]

[Yuyeon: Blow them out first! Then make a wish!]

Baekya's chin quivered as he tried not to cry.

Baekya, seemingly quite moved, pursed his lips a few times, then closed his eyes and quickly made a wish.

Whoosh!

As he exhaled, the candles went out, leaving the wicks barely intact.

[Yulmu: Waaah~ A birthday! It's your birthday! What happens on a birthday?]

[Chung: Birthday bash!]

As soon as the candles were extinguished, Yulmu, who had dipped his fingers into the cream, smeared it onto the tip of Baekya's nose. Baekya opened his eyes wide as a burst of laughter could be heard from the other person.

Yulmu escaped while Baekya chased after him to catch him. Yuyeon and Chung also joined in, ready to smear whipped cream on Baekya's face.

[Baekya: What is this...]

A moment later his face was covered in cream. Yuyeon teased Baekya, saying that he had turned into a peach cake.

Baekya grimaced due to the slippery texture. Nevertheless, he showed no signs of displeasure.

[Jihan: Wipe it off with this.]

[Baekya: Thanks.]

Jihan brought a wet wipe and handed it to him, while Minsung picked up the fallen pink beret from the floor and put it back on Baekya's head.

[Minsung: You dropped one of your leaves.]

Baekya and Jihan chuckled at the leader's silly joke.

[Manager: Guys, I'll take a photo for you. Gather around.]

Namkyung, who had been celebrating among the staff, called the members together. After roughly wiping his face, Baekya and the members rushed in front of him.

The camera clicked at the count of three.

This was the story behind DASE's group photo that was posted on their official account on Baekya's birthday.

- No wonder Baekya's face seemed so flushed, it was because of the whipped cream ㅋㅋㅋ

- I love the relationship they have with each other ㅜㅜ

- Please preserve the peach beret. I've noticed the peaches always have their leaves fall off!

- 50 minutes of the reality show is too short... please make it 5 hours...

Then came the preview for the next and final episode.

[COMEBACK DASE]

[At Last]

[The Global Hot Rookies Are Back!]

Quickly flashing through cuts from DASE's teaser video, a short glimpse of the music video shooting location was shown.

[DASE MV Behind the Scenes Reveal]

[See you on August 9th at 8:00 PM~]

The next episode aired a week later, on the evening following the release of DASE's 'WANT ME' audio track.

Perhaps because it was the last episode, the video ended with an announcement that it would be broadcast live an hour later at 8 pm.

* * *

A week before the release of the music.

As a matter of fact, DASE's comeback activities began today.

The members who came to the salon from early in the morning were dyeing their blonde hair pink again. It was for the schedule they had in the afternoon.

"I think bright colours really suit you, Baekya-ssi."

The employee who was blow-drying his hair spoke to him. Baekya thanked them with a smile and brought up the information window.

Lv.9 Baekya (Synchronizing)

Appearance: A

Vocal: A

Dance: C

Talent: B

Two A grades.

What had started out as a BADD was now an AACB. Baekya thought with relief that at least now he won't die from being criticized for his incompetence.

When he raised his hand above the appearance grade, the details of the skill he currently had equipped appeared like a reminder.

<Face Genius (A)>

: A handsome appearance recognized even by experts.

A word he had thought he would never hear in his life was floating before his eyes. This was the long-awaited rare gain Baekya received as a birthday gift (3 skill draw tickets).

'I think the ones I drew together back then was...'

<Refund Expert (B)>

: Charismatic appearance.

<Diet Starts Tomorrow (C)>

: Self-justification abilities improve.

Without a second thought, Baekya discarded the rest, leaving only <Face Genius (A)>. Moreover, over the past 6 months, while alternating between reality show filming and comeback preparations, he had accumulated quite a few star points.

Current Star Points: 6

There were two hidden quests, <The Nerd Who Became an Idol>, which popped up on his graduation day, and a practice room exclusive quest. In addition, with one level up, he had accumulated nearly 8 points, but due to the stress index, he had to use 2 points, leaving him with the current 6 points.

Perhaps because this was a period of inactivity, the main quest had been remaining empty since <I Will Succeed! (2)>. Baekya, who was staring blankly at the mirror (more accurately, the status window), was approached by Yuyeon from behind.

"As expected, men do look good in pink."

Through the mirror, Yuyeon's and Baekya's eyes met.

"You're already done?"

"Yeah. You're the last. The rest went to change their clothes."

At Yuyeon's words, he glanced to the side and saw that the chairs were empty.

"We'll be done soon, too. I'll just spray on some fixer and wrap it up."

"Yes. Thank you."

Yuyeon sat down on an empty chair, waiting for Baekya. He took out his phone and began taking pictures of Baekya.

"What are you doing?"

"I thought I'd try my hand at the next Han Baekya Photo Card World Cup."

Click, click, click!

The sound of the camera shutter was quite loud. Each shutter made Baekya's ears blush as the staff glanced at his direction.

"Stop it, everyone's staring...!"

"Ah, excuse me."

Yuyeon quickly put away his phone and smiled awkwardly.

DASE's upcoming first comeback schedule was a filming session for the popular variety show <We've Transferred Schools!>

It was a schedule that everyone had been looking forward to from the moment their participation was confirmed, probably because it was a program that the members themselves enjoyed watching. That was why they were all so full of energy from early in the morning.

On the other hand, what about Baekya himself?

Namkyung had said that since they were still rookies, it was a must for each member to have at least one personal skill. This made Baekya worry all these days, to the extent that he couldn't remember when he had last slept properly. Whether he was awake or going to sleep, all he could think about was his personal skill.

'Should I just change it to something more ordinary at this point...'

If only the writer he met at the preliminary meeting for the pre-filming didn't specifically request for the personal skill to be unique...

He had curiously asked the other members what they were going to do, but none of them would tell him, saying it was a secret. A personal skill is supposed to be personal.

Baekya frowned his nose and made a resolution.

'Eih, whatever! I'll manage somehow.'

* * *

Two days before DASE's comeback.

The next day was a workday, yet the person known among Baekya's fans as 'Baekya Phenomenon' was deeply engrossed in her computer, immersed in retouching work. She was a named homepage master who was well known among Baekya's fans.

//TN: Baekya's name actually means 'midnight sun', so it could be translated to 'Midnight Sun Phenomenon.'

She had been touching up the photo she had taken a few days ago when the peach was on his way to record a variety show. As soon as the clock struck the appointed hour, her phone buzzed with a YouTube notification, indicating that the second teaser had just been released.

The thumbnail was of Chung and Baekya sitting across from each other, in front of a pretty cake that looked like something out of a teen film. She paused her work to watch the video.

[DASE 데이즈 'WANT ME' MV Teaser #2]

The video began with the same pluck sound as the first teaser.

Baekya was sitting at the table, sipping his morning coffee while Chung was eating cake. The camera moved smoothly as it transitioned to the living room, revealing three people gathered there.

Minsung and Yuyeon were engrossed in a game of chess as Jihan watched them with his arms crossed.

The camera highlighted the chessboard with only the pawn and the king remaining, and then it moved again. As the camera followed the stairs to the upper floor, a wet-haired Yulmu emerged from the bathroom.

Dressed in a bathrobe, he paused in front of the railing. Leaning forward, Yulmu shouted something. The other members immediately stopped what they were doing and rushed back to their positions.

The camera slowly zoomed out.

A large dollhouse mansion was revealed. This time, a real door opened, and a girl came running in.

The young girl stood in front of the dollhouse. When she opened the tiny toy door, DASE was seen sitting side by side on the living room couch and the video ended.

- TAKE ME, WANT ME

YOU WANT ME TOO

[DASE]

After the release of the final teaser, it was evident among fans that DAZE's concept for this comeback unmistakably revolved around the theme of 'playing with dolls.'

- DASE's wardrobe inside the house looks identical to the current wardrobe on the official website (Comparison Photo.jpg).

└ Wow, that's true. You've got sharp eyes.

- The concept of dolls alone was enough to make me go crazy but to think it's actually 'to play with dolls?' I'm mind-blown.

- OMG, Yulmu in a shower robe?!

- I'll take responsibility for the music video so please release it quickly... After showing us this teaser, we have to wait another two weeks? What's wrong with ID's humanity?

└ For real, this is attempted murder

└ I'm dying waiting for the comeback

- I'm so curious about the album I want to get it soon

- By the way, are the kids not going to do any fan signings?

"Cute. So cute."

Baekya has always been pretty and cute, but this concept was just really...

It was so perfect that she wondered if the concept was planned just for our cute fluffball.

===========================

[whitenight_by]

DASE 데이즈 'WANT ME' MV Teaser 2 #Baekya (Link)

===========================

After sharing the teaser video on social media, she briefly got lost in her memories.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 1.2K 34
"Any of us had that death sentence, really. Fate just couldn't decide who to screw over first, so you did." 'A failed angel on a killing spree in ord...
83K 1.7K 80
Counts Total words: 120,757 Average words per chapter: 1,589 Amount of chapters: 76 ~~~ Y/N is a girl from America who recently moved to South Korea...
257K 12.9K 119
*trigger warnings at the end* -updated every wednesday- Funhouses, they should be fun right, like the name suggests? well, this one can be, it just d...
3.2K 323 14
❝ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴊᴜsᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴛᴜᴘɪᴅ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ❞ ❝ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴊᴜsᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜɪs sᴛᴜᴘɪᴅ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ❞ ﹋ If your life was a game, would you restart everything when things go downhi...