Reflections in Ice (Fairy Tai...

By Silver-Tigress

17 year old Reina Evans Walker returns from a year long mission to find that Fairy Tail has a new member name... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 27

63 1 0
By Silver-Tigress

Third Person's P. O. V:

Kneeling on the floor of Kardia Cathedral, Gajeel raises his head and asks the Solid Script Magic user, "Hey, Levy, are you okay?"

"Hmhm," She replies, nodding. She had hidden herself partially behind a pillar. "But, what about Natsu...? Is he okay?"

The Iron Dragon Slayer peers at Natsu who breathes heavily while kneeling. Gajeel says, smirking, "Hmph! Looks just fine to me!"

Gazing in shock at his palms, Laxus says in confusion, "I hit them with so much magic energy!"

"The other members and the citizens of Manolia remain unharmed," A male voice says, causing everyone to look around with a gasp.

"Freed..."

The green haired man leans against the stone wall, clutching his left elbow. He says, "Looks like your spell didn't work—not a single person was killed."

"That's impossible! I cast the Fairy Law spell perfectly!"

"Maybe so, but your true feelings have betrayed you," Freed responds smoothly.

Laxus gasps, gaping at the green haired man in disbelief.

"You've inherited more than strength from your Grandfather; deep down you also have the Master's heart. Whether you'd admit it or not, it's evident that you care for your comrades. The Fairy Law spell only affects those the caster sees as their enemy. Since no one was hurt, we know how you truly feel," Freed says.

Levy steps forward a bit and says, "His magic could see into his heart, and that's why we're still here."

Smiling, Freed tells the Lightning Magic user, "You could try to hide your feelings, Laxus, but your magic... Will always reveal the truth within your heart."

Raising his left eyebrow, the blonde man growls in disbelief, "No, that's ridiculous! The truth is, anyone who would ever dare stand in my way... Is my enemy!!" Laxus clenches his fists and they tremble with rage.

Freed says sternly as he steps toward Laxus, "This has gone on long enough! You need to go see the Master before he's gone!"

Lightning begins to crackle around Laxus's body, reacting to his anger. Laxus growls in fury, as scales appear along his arms and his body seems to grow in height a little, "LET THE OLD MAN DIE FOR ALL I CARE!! HE'S NOTHING TO ME!! HE MAY BE FAMILY, BUT I'M STRONGER!!"

When Laxus thrusts his arms downward, gold lightning blasts through the room, causing Freed to throw his arms up to cover his face to protect it from the light and debris. Levy gasps as Gajeel shields her with his body, teeth clenched as he glares at Laxus.

Freed gasps, "Such power!"

Natsu demands angrily, having risen to his feet, "Who do you think you are?! You're not stronger than Gramps!! You couldn't even pull off Fairy Law!" Natsu rips off his shirt as he adds, fire swirling up around his body, "You may be his Grandson but you're no better than the rest of us!" Natsu clenches his fists. "Don't you know blood ties don't matter?! 'Cause everyone in the guild is supposed to be considered family!"

Laxus snaps, his grey eyes turning completely white, "That's just a lie!! Blood ties do matter!!"

Lightning crackles around Laxus's body while fire swirls around Natsu's body.

"You've been a member long enough to know better than that!!" Natsu shouts. The flames turn into a dragon when Natsu yells, "IF THAT MAKES YOU ABOVE EVERYONE ELSE IN THE GUILD... YOU'RE WRONG!!" Natsu punches his fist forward.

"YOU'RE DEAD...!!" Laxus shouts as he punches toward Natsu. Their fists collide with each other, and an explosion is made when they leap up and smash through the ceiling.

Reina feels relief when she felt the Fairy Law spell had failed. Some feeling begins to return to her body after having been zapped painfully by the lightning lacrimi.

Reina gasps, her eyes jerking wide, when she hears the explosion coming from the church. She feels as though things are getting bad where Natsu and Laxus are.

Up in the sky, she could see Natsu and Laxus going at each other.

Laxus yells as he knocks Natsu back, "HOW DARE YOU CHALLENGE ME!!"

Landing a kick that jerks the blonde's head back, Natsu shouts back, his eyes angry white triangles, making the Dreyer roar with pain and fury, "I'M GONNA STOP YOU, LAXUS!!" Natsu pulls away and Laxus chases after him as Natsu tells him, "I WON'T LET YOU GET YOUR HANDS ON FAIRY TAIL!! IT'S OUR HOME; THERE'S NO WAY I'M GONNA LET YOU DESTROY IT!!"

Natsu punches his flame-covered fist at Laxus, but the Lightning Dragon Slayer blocks it with his arms. Laxus punches Natsu; he does a forward flip and punches Natsu once more, the force behind it enough to knock the Fire Dragon Slayer right out of the air.

With a few grunts of pain, Natsu crash lands into the side of a building, creating a large crater and causing dust to fly around him.

Reina gasps in worry, watching their fight. Fear for her friend and teammate churn in her heart. "Natsu... please be alright..."

Laxus shouts in frustration as he slams his lightning-covered body into Natsu, thrusting him down the side of the building, and kicking up dust, "WHY WON'T YOU JUST DIE?!?!"

Natsu and Laxus land on the roof. The blonde man grabs Natsu by his scarf and kicks him away, sending electricity through Natsu's body. Natsu cries out as he spins backwards rapidly, before landing on the roof and skidding back violently, his nails digging into the teal coloured tiles, and collapsing with a grunt.

While supporting Gajeel with his left arm around her shoulders, Levy cries worriedly, "Natsu...!"

His right eye shadowed by his bangs, Natsu growls as he raises his head to look at the Lightning Dragon Slayer, struggling to stand, "Why won't you just give up the fight? The guild doesn't belong to you—it never will!!"

"OH, YEAH?!" Laxus pulls his arms back as gold electricity crackles powerfully around him. "LIGHTNING DRAGON: DEMOLITION FIST!!"

An over-sized version of Laxus's fist made entirely out of lightning shoots from his lightning-covered right arm and aims straight for Natsu.

Natsu stares with dilated eyes and clenched teeth as the lightning attack nears him, unable to dodge it.

BOOM!!

A loud explosion blasts through the area as a dust cloud floats around Natsu. The dust clears to reveal him lying on the ground.

"Didn't the old man ever teach you to respect your elders, boy?" Laxus questions tauntingly.

Natsu punches the floor as he leans up on his knees in a crouch. The blonde man gasps in surprise. Natsu pushes himself to his feet, though he staggers.

A shocked Freed murmurs, "No way... He can still fight?!"

Levy says worriedly, "Natsu, please, be careful."

Laxus growls furiously, Lightning crackling around him, "That was your last mistake, kid!! NOW I'M GONNA OBLITERATE YOU!!" He adds as he throws his right arm up in the air.

Freed's eyes dilate at the sight of the gold magic circle, and he gasps fearfully, "That spell... don't do it! That much magic energy could kill him!"

Laxus ignores him as he laughs, lightning crackling wildly around him. He throws his spell, transformed into an intricate spear of lightning, as he calls, "LIGHTNING DRAGON: HEAVENWARD HELBERD!!"

Natsu stares as he grits his teeth. He staggers in place as the lightning spear nears him.

Freed shouts desperately as Levy cries into her hands, "NATSU...!!!"

Right before the attack could hit him, the lightning veers off to the side and away from Natsu.

"What the—?! What happened?" Freed asks, confused. He gasps, seeing Gajeel holding out his iron covered arm. "He's using his arm as a conductor for the lightning!"

Natsu is stunned.

Natsu couldn't help but think that the girl was nuts for attempting to stop Laxus's attack.

The lightning soon fades and Gajeel is thrown back by the force. He looks over at Natsu as he falls, and he could only watch as his guild mate is thrown away from him, his tan coloured eyes dilated.

The Redfox roars at the Fire Dragon Slayer, "GET HIM!!!"

Gajeel hits the ground and Levy rushes over to him, calling his name in worry.

Natsu stares at the Iron Dragon Slayer with a stunned expression, his eyes dilated. Natsu jerks his head away as he growls with fury, and flames swirl violently around him.

Laxus turns his gaze on to a furious Natsu. "Damn! He's still alive?!"

"FIRE DRAGON..." Laxus launches himself at the pinkette once Natsu prepares his attack, the blonde man's eyes completely white, and Natsu meets him head-on with a flame-covered fist, "IRON FIST!!" He punches at Laxus. "TALON!!" Natsu swings a flame-covered foot at the muscular man, knocking him back a bit. "WING ATTACK!!" Flames strike the Dreyar in the chest. "SWORDHORN!!" Natsu head-butts Laxus with flames swirling around his body. "FLAME ELBOW!!" Natsu elbows Laxus in the chest with his flames.

Levy comments in amazement, watching the two Dragon Slayers fight, "He really is amazing! His magic is so powerful. It's almost like he can break through a dragon's scales and shatter its spirit."

Freed breathes as he clutched his left upper arm, "Dragon Slayer's Secret Arts..."

Everyone watches with awe as Natsu cries out, left arm held upward while the other is held downward, flames still swirling around his body, "FLAME LOTUS: EXPLODING FLAME BLADE!!!"

A huge amount of flames burst forth from Natsu's body and shoot right for Laxus. They hit him head-on, and he cries out in pain before the attack sends him flying back through the air.

He hits the side of the building with a crash before he lands on the roof and tumbles with a heavy thud, landing on his back.

Levy and Freed gape at Natsu while Gajeel smirks at him.

Laxus remains prostrate on the rooftop, his bare chest rising and falling heavily.

Natsu raises his head to the sky and unleashes a shattering roar of fury and triumph, "ROOOAAARR...!!"

                       ❄️❄️❄️

"Thanks to Porlyusica's help, the Master's going to pull through just fine! So, don't worry; he'll be back to work in no time," Erza tells the Fairy Tail wizards as she stands in front of everyone, hands on her hips.

All the members break out into cheers.

Sitting on Gray's right with Lucy on her other side, Reina breathes a huge sigh of relief as she says, "Thank goodness! I gotta admit, I was getting a little worried..." Reina wears a black cold shoulder top with denim shorts. Happy sits on the tabletop.

Smiling at the blue eyed girl, Gray tells her reassuringly, "Ah, come on, it'll take more than that to make Gramps kick the bucket."

Erza states, "Well, he isn't as young as he used to be. So any added stress to his heart could significantly affect his health. Let's be on our best behaviour, okay?"

"AYE, SIR!!" Everyone cheers in unison, raising their mugs.

Lucy says, resting her right elbow in the table, "I don't think it's such a good idea to do the Fantasia Parade after everything that's happened."

Standing behind them with her hands clasped together, Mira says, "But the Master wants us to do it. Besides, it's the perfect way to cheer everyone up after all that mess!" Elfman stands behind her with his arms crossed, a smile on his face.

Gray and Reina smile at them, as Juvia says excitedly, clasping her hands together, "Juvia can't wait to see what you all have in store for the parade!"

Gray murmurs, tilting his head, "Yeah?"

Reina throws Juvia a smile that makes her eyes shine as she tells her, "You're going to be in it, too, Juvia!"

The blue haired girl starts in surprise, her midnight blue eyes widening with shock as she gasps.

Macao and Wakaba say in unison as they pop in, grinning, "You're a member, right?!"

"Well, yeah, Juvia is!" Juvia goes over to a wooden pillar and starts rubbing her finger on it as she mumbles, "But, Juvia is so new she didn't think she'd be in the parade..."

Juvia starts rubbing the pillar as Wakaba says with slight disappointment, sitting with the others as they watch her, "I was expecting a little more excitement from her."

"She looks upset," Macao inputs.

Taking a swig of her alcohol, Cana asks, "Isn't she the cutest?"

With a fish in his mouth, Happy says matter-of-factly, "A lot of members were injured fighting against each other, so anyone who's not hurt has to participate."

Lucy asks Gray, "Does that mean I'm going to be in it, too?"

"Well, yeah. We need all the people we can get." The ravenette points his thumb over his shoulder as he glances over and says, "Especially since we're not going to be able to use those two!"

"Oh, yeah," Lucy says with a deadpan look. Both Natsu and Gajeel were slouching on a bench with pouts on their faces. They were practically covered head to toe in bandages. Both Dragon Slayers have their right eyes bandaged.

Gajeel complains to the pinkette, his arms crossed over his bandaged chest, "Screw you and your parade!!"

Natsu shouts at him in response, but it was muffled due to the bandages wrapped around his mouth.

Lucy wonders with a deadpan expression, "Do you have any idea what he just said?"

Chewing his fish, Happy says, "Knowing him, it was probably something stupid."

Gajeel asks, "Come on! How are you going to be part of the action? You're out."

Flames swirl angrily around Natsu as he replies to Gajeel, his voice still muffled by the bandages.

"That's going nothing to do with it, bro! What the heck is your problem?!" Gajeel shoots back as he deadpans.

Lucy wonders with a deadpan expression, "I wonder how Gajeel can understand him?"

Happy says as he chews on a loaf of buttered bread, his eyes closed, "Well, it's probably because he's just as stupid as Natsu is."

"That was harsh! You've got a serious mean streak in you, cat," Lucy snaps. Reina gives them a sheepish smile as Mira laughs.

The room starts to quieten as Laxus enters the room, black fur lined coat swishing around his shoulders. Everyone murmurs uneasily amongst themselves.

"Laxus?" Macao says in slight surprise.

"What do you want?" Wakaba demands.

Most members gather around Laxus as he asks, "Where's the old man?"

Droy shouts, "We ain't telling!"

"You think you could just waltz in here and ask to see the Master?!" Jet questions sharply.

Everyone begins shouting and yelling for Laxus to get out of here.

"Quiet, everyone!" Erza shouts sternly, her arms crossed below her chest, eyes closed.

"Erza...?!" Levy gasps as she and the others whirl to the redhead.

Reopening them and looking at the blonde man, Erza adds, "The Master's in the infirmary."

Jet whirls on the female S-class wizard as he shouts, "Are you nuts?!"

Reina stands with Gray, Lucy, Juvia, Mira and the cat as Laxus steps past Erza. Natsu abruptly shouts something muffled, his tone angry and his eyes angry white triangles, startling Katsumi and the others. He leaps in front of Laxus in a crouch.

"Natsu..." Laxus utters wearily as the pinkette glares at him.

Trembling in anger, Natsu shouts something else at Laxus, causing his guild mates to deadpan until they turn completely white because none of them could understand him. Natsu points challengingly at the blonde man as he shouts again. When he'd finished, the pinkette is breathing heavily.

Mira wonders aloud in confusion, "What'd he say?"

Standing on Gray's left, Reina asks the Iron Dragon Slayer, "Could you interpret, please, Gajeel?"

Stepping up in between her and Lucy, Gajeel says, "He said, "Next time, it ain't gonna be two against one. It'll just be me and you face to face, and I swear I ain't going to lose to you again!" Or something..."

Lucy says in puzzlement, "Wait a second; I thought you guys beat him?"

"Nah, I'd say it was more like a draw."

"Huh?!"

"Look at what he did to us. If he had been around during the Phantom Battle, I'd be six feet under right now."

Laxus begins walking away even as Natsu keeps glaring daggers at where he was standing a second ago, body trembling with rage.

With a sigh, the blonde male turns and resumes making his way to the infirmary, blatantly ignoring Natsu when he whirls around and continues shouting at him with a raised clenched fist, a large yellow tick mark throbbing on his head.

Laxus holds up his left arm and waves at the pinkette over his shoulder, making him pause. His eyes dilate as he gasps softly, "Huh?!"

Natsu straightens up and his visible eye becomes wet with unshed tears.

Erza stands with her arms crossed and her eyes closed, a solemn expression on her face. After a moment, Erza announces, "Show's over, guys. Let's get ready for the Fantasia Parade!"

Everyone cheers in excitement, "YEAH!!"

In the infirmary, Makarov has a heartfelt, meaningful conversation with his grandson. He tells Laxus he is expelled from the guild. When Laxus tells the rest of the Thunder Legion in Magnolia Southgate Park, they are dismayed and try to convince Laxus that they should get expelled as well, as they were all to blame, but Laxus persuades them otherwise and leaves, much to his teammates' devastation.

                      ❄️❄️❄️

Colourful fireworks explode in the starry night sky as the Fantasia Parade kicks off. The Fairy Tail wizards who weren't too severely injured from the battle were participating in the parade. Many people from all over have gathered for the parade, and were laughing and cheering with excitement and happiness.

Cana is floating her Magic Cards around in sparkling pink hearts. Macao and Wakaba shoot their Fire and Smoke Magics into the air, and they form a ring of smoky flame that turns into a heart. Cana shoots one of her Magic Cards right through its centre, and several, smaller hearts appear before bursting out of existence.

Bisca, Lucy and Levy were doing a dance with pink and white flags. Elfman has his own float while he's transformed as the King of Beasts, and he roars at the crowd, making them cheer. Mira rises out of a giant pink flower, looking angelic, until she transforms into a giant pink snake that crushes Elfman easily, hissing.

Juvia and Gray have an ice float with an actual ice castle. They make the words Fairy Tail with their Ice and Water Magics.

Gray is wearing a long sleeved blue shirt with a dark blue cape and white elbow length gloves on his hands.

Reina has a float of her own which is decorated and brightly coloured as she sings and dances. She wears a beautiful blue strapless gown with the slit showing her left leg and white heels with a sapphire pendant. On her hands are black gloves that reach above her elbows.

(The one on the right)

Reina sings while dancing, the crowd cheering for her.

"Don't keep me waiting and anticipating
Treating me like a fool
I got news for you
I'm turning my back
I'm dropping a bomb on you, ah, ah
You want me, you need me
Believe me, you'll be crawling
You love me, you hate me
Believe me, you'll come crawling
So get down and get off
Let me show you what you'll be missing
We break up, you break down
Gonna drag you through this kicking and screaming
Don't get me guessing
I'm your favourite obsession
Don't give me a lame excuse
It's with me that you're missing
It's the same old confession
You're no one that something would lose, ah, ah
Watch out now
Don't black out
There's no doubt
You can't have it
Control you, I'll own you
I'll show you, but you still can't have it
So get down and get off
Let me show you what you'll be missing
We break up, you break down
Gonna drag you through this kicking and screaming
So get down and get it off
You're not the only one that I've been missing
We break up, you break down
Gonna drag you through this kicking and screaming
You'll be kicking and screaming
I'm so deceiving
You'll be kicking and screaming, ah
Watch out now, you'll find out, you'll find out
There's no one above me
I play hard to run far
Come back now
I really do like you
So get down and get off
I'ma show you what you'll be missing
We break up, you break down
Gonna drag you through this kicking and screaming
So get down and get off
You're not the only one that I've been missing
We break up, you break down
Gonna drag you through this kicking and screaming
You'll be kicking and screaming
Kicking and screaming
Kicking and screaming"

Erza has requipped into her Fantasia Armor, and is using her magic to make her swords spin around her.

She then requips into a bikini top and skirt outfit and spins around gracefully, while wielding her swords. After Erza was Natsu, with Happy dressed up in a suit while being pulled on a cart by some blue skinned creatures. Natsu shoots flames into the sky, and they spell the words FAIRY TAIL. He ended up choking and Happy flies about, frantically trying to calm him. Up next was Laki who rides a wooden rocking horse through the air, and Nab, Reedus, Veejiter, and Warren dance on the float behind her.

Laxus has stayed behind for the parade. He watches Reina singing and dancing, seeing happiness in her blue eyes. Laxus smiles to himself when he sees his grandfather get up on a float and does a crazy dance while wearing a red hat with cat ears.

Laxus sees a memory of him as a little kid with his grandfather at this same time of year, telling his grandfather that he'd put up his hand with his index finger pointing upward and his thumb outward, meaning that it's a message saying that even if Laxus can't see him, Laxus is looking his way. This makes Makarov cry in happiness.

Laxus gazes down at his hand as he holds it in the position from his memory, before looking up at his grandfather and smiles. Laxus begins to walk away with his eyes closed but pauses and turns with a gasp when he sees his grandfather holding his hand in that very position, index finger pointed upward, and thumb outward.

All of the other members follow Makarov's lead.

"I may not be able to see you, there may be hundreds of miles between us, but I'll always be looking your way. I'll be watching over you forever—I promise..."

Laxus turns and walks away from the Fantasisa Parade, tears rolling silently down his face as he cries.

"I know. Thank you, Grandpa..."

Natsu laughs as he speaks the guild's name in fire in the air, "The party's just getting started! Haha!! I'm all fired up, now!!"

"Aye, aye, Sir!!" Happy cheers excitedly.

Natsu yells, grinning, "OKAY, GUYS!! WHO'S PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF FAIRY TAIL?!"

Everyone cheers in agreement, "YEAH!!!"

❄️❄️❄️

The Harvest Festival ended a week ago, and it feels like Magnolia is finally starting to get back to normal again. No one really expected for Laxus to get kicked out of the guild, though. When word got out, everyone reacted to the news in their own way.

Of course, Natsu had thrown a fit.

In the guild, Natsu shouts at the Master, his eyes angry white triangles, "I THOUGHT HE WAS PART OF OUR FAMILY!! WE ALL KNOW HE'S A JERK, BUT COME ON!!"

Erza says sternly, a hand on her hip, "That is quite enough."

With a red tick mark on his forehead, Natsu growls in frustration, fists clenched, "But now that he's gone, I may never get the chance to fight him again, Gramps!!"

Makarov doesn't respond and just sits cross-legged on the counter, his arms crossed.

"I JUST KNOW I'D BE STRONG ENOUGH TO BEAT HIM NEXT TIME!"

Placing her hand on his shoulder, Erza says, "I said enough! Imagine how the Master must be feeling right now. Do you think he expelled Laxus because he wanted to?"

Natsu drops his arm as he utters in a more softer tone, "No, but..."

Popping up on Natsu's right shoulder, Happy says in surprise, "I still can't believe he ended up being a Dragon Slayer just like you!"

"No. Laxus was never a real Dragon Slayer," Makarov speaks up.

"Huh?!" Natsu and Happy gasp, eyes wide.

While everybody was shocked by that, Makarov then explains that while growing up, Laxus has always been a frail and sickly little boy, so his father, Ivan, had a lacrima implanted into his body that gave him the ability to use Dragon Slayer Magic.

Reina glares with disgust toward Ivan at that information. She couldn't understand why Laxus's father would want to do that to his own son.

Makarov murmurs solemnly, "I'm sorry..."

Happy says in disbelief, "Wow, I didn't even know that existed! Dragon Slayer lacrima...?"

"..." Natsu doesn't say anything, and looks down sadly. Katsumi and Lucy glance at him, solemn expressions on their faces.

To atone for the trouble his grandson caused them, the Master said he would relinquish his title as Head of the guild. Everyone tried really hard to talk him out of it.

Freed had asked Makarov to not compound the pain of Laxus's punishment, for it would break his heart if Makarov were to resign. Freed had also cut his hair short to show his repentance. With that gesture and those few words, he talked the Master into staying.

After the Battle of Fairy Tail, the rest of the Thunder Legion had started to open up to the guild. Evergreen is getting Reedus to paint her portrait as she strikes a pose, and Bickslow and Happy are teasing Lucy about going out with Loke.

Freed, sitting at the bar with his elbow resting on the edge of the counter, smiles at Mira as she giggles happily, cleaning a glass.

Reina and Lucy have noticed that ever since the Harvest Festival ended, Erza's been spending a lot of time by herself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149 9 3
A young "wizard" runs away to the West, meets Lucy and Natsu, and joins Fairy Tail. They face challenges and triumphs together, while she tries to fo...
25.2K 1K 28
Lucy Heartfilia, the 17 year old legacy that follows her mother's footsteps in becoming a Guardian. Her mother was protecting the Dragneel clan while...
2.1K 36 32
Art cover by Stestylius A city of angels, unknown to the human world. When their God is in near death, a man named Hahlos, who posses the ability to...
25.8K 446 20
All of Lucy's friends get into relationships; Gray & Juvia, Erza& Jellel and the one that hits Lucy right in the heart- Natsu and Lisannna Everyone...