Selcouth

By anglzx7

*COMPLETED* BOOK ONE OF THE FORESKELT SERIES (Trilogy One) Kiara Rivera has never been able to stand her bro... More

dear reader
characters & aesthetics
[01] - off limits
[02] - error on the system
[03] - the party
[04] - be ready to lose
[05] - a solution to a problem
[06] - shared bathroom
[07] - it's not like i'm looking
[08] - potato potahto
[09] - opening game
[10] - seconds before disaster
[11] - he's pretty
[12] - promise me you won't
[13] - she knows how to play the game
[14] - my own reflection
[15] - maybe i will
[16] - say you want me to leave
[17] - date night
[18] - young love
[19] - did it work like you wanted
[20] - hell no we aren't
[21] - the missing piece of a puzzle
[22] - the embarassment i felt
[23] - liar liar, pants on fire
[24] - happy christmas
[25] - new year's eve
[26] - midnight risks
[27] - one time thing
[28] - the after
[29] - you've gotta be kidding me
[30] - i like it
[31] - memorable days
[32] - truth or dare
[33] - wrong answer
[34] - making it a bigger deal than it has to be
[35] - bad idea right?
[36] - for him
[37] - getting caught
[38] - such a bad liar
[39] - you're the worst
[40] - weird, weird, weird
[41] - where the real emotion is at
[42] - if the whole world was watching
[43] - the only win i need
[44] - you wear mine, i wear yours
[46] - i made a mistake
[47] - where it all began
[48] - but i did.
[49] - she's. the. only. one.
[50] - it's complicated
[51] - i wish he was here
[52] - just go for it
[53] - i missed him
[54] - three words, eight letters
[55] - first rule of dating
Epilogue
Last Words + Announcement
BONUS CHAPTER I
BONUS CHAPTER II

[45] - the light in his eyes

14.5K 326 124
By anglzx7

KIARA

Saying yes to everything Stone ask is a trap on a whole another level. From having to have breakfast with him to switch seats in class to entertain his ass, it's been a rollercoaster.

I've come to the conclusion Damien Stone is the biggest attention whore I've met. At least with me. Some part of me really likes that, the zero-patience part wonders how do I still put up with him.

"You're doing that thing" as if he could hear my thoughts, Stone's voice breaks my zoning out.

"Don't know what you're talking about" I say frowning.

"When you're overthinking something, you fix on a random point and a little crease shows up in your forehead" this guy catches on everything, geez.

I hum. "Just mentally talking shit about you"

"Careful, you almost sound obsessed with me" he winks, clearly amused and not affected by my dog at all.

"I'd have to be sick for that to happen, hopefully I never reach that extreme" my turn to be smug, take that dipshit.

He lifts a brow, "Shouldn't lie to yourself so much"

"Please" I huff "You barely cross my mind"

Okay, that might be a lie. Like a really big on. But, in my defense, usually when he's on my mind it's not a good way. Usually. Not so much lately, but maybe I really am sick.

A month ago, I'd laugh in your face if you told me I could be more than ten minutes around Stone. Without wanting to punch his face. Now here we are, spending at least an hour together everyday. It's concerning, I swear.

Even Liz has picked up on it. And it's my oblivious best friend! Well, she's only pointed out that we've been hitting off good lately, but still.

Callum still loves to tease me everytime he catches me and Stone being a bit too-friendly. He's a total pain in my ass. Good thing I can retaliate when it's him with Tyler.

Santi, Collins and Quells don't look like they know anything but they've definitely sent a few confused looks. I guess it's all still weird for them. Me too, me too.

Zeke, on the other hand, well I'm pretty sure he knows. He's never said anything but he's just that type of person you know? The 'I know somethings going on but imma stay quiet' type of person.

Which I'm thankful for. Zeke is too much of a wise and rational person to be the one I want asking questions. He wouldn't even be interested in knowing how it happened, more on what we think it means.

I do not need therapy-like sessions over my fuckbuddies situation with Stone. It's just sex. At least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself.

Like he's mind reading me again, he calls out my name in a hesitant tone that has me frowning. He almost looks ... nervous? Nah, Damien Stone doesn't get like that.

"Go out on a date with me."

My eyes widen, "What?"

"Shit" he rubs the back of his neck "Too far? You don't have to, even with the bet"

"You were serious" I'm still in shock.

Judge me all you want, but it's not everyday you have Damien Motherfucking Stone asking you out. Actually that really never happens. Does he even know how a date works? Oh god.

"Forget I said anything" he groans, throwing back his head "We don't do that, it'd be crossing lines we shouldn't and all"

I hold back a laugh, "This is priceless" he frowns at my words "Never thought I'd see you all flustered"

"Am not."

"Don't worry, you look cute like that"

He smirks, "Oh yeah?"

"And I take that back" I press my lips together in regret "You look like a old ugly rat"

"That's all you got? Your insults have been better, Rivera" he shakes his head disapprovingly.

Now that, that's unacceptable. I'm known for always having a comeback or a snark in the tip of my tongue. My pride is taking a hit with that comment.

Not to mention, it's been a minute okay? I can't even remember the last time I've actually insulted Stone. That's weird. Is the world ending?

"You're overthinking shit again" he nudges my foot with his, I sigh "Cmon, before you bail on me"

"Wait, you're taking me on a date right now?" I'm not even dressed properly! He can't actually think I'm going to-

"Relax, you look perfect. Besides we're not going anywhere fancy, I know you hate those things" I really really do.

Although there's something else I also hate and that's surprises. Not my thing, I swear. So not knowing where Stone is taking me really sets my nerves off.

Throughout the whole ride my leg bounces up and down until he reaches with his hand to make it stop. Problem is, that only makes my brain run even wilder cause it feels fucking good.

After ten minutes of trying to get it out of him, he still doesn't give in on telling me anything. I lay back with crossed arms, defeated, but I try to decipher our destination by the path his taking.

Unfortunately, I can't think of anything near where we are. Which has me wondering if Stone is lost, that has me holding back a laugh.

"We're here" he suddenly announces and i take a look around. We were just in the middle of nowhere- oh fuck.

A familiar house comes into view, "Is that ...?"

He nods. "Dad has a few meetings in town so they decided to crash here for a few days" he explains before adding "I know it's not ideal for a first date-"

"You giving me a way out in case I get tired of your ass seems like a really good idea to me" I shrug, trying to show him I really don't hate this at all.

"Right, as if you're not going to ditch me for my  stepmom because you like her more" he runs a hand through his face like he just realised something "I just screwed myself over, didn't I?"

I laugh softly, "You got high competition"

The light mood slowly fades away as we get closer to the door and Stone rings the bell. Nerves take over and suddenly I feel like it's the first time meeting his parents. Which it isn't, so I don't know why it feels so weird.

Get over yourself Kiara. They're the Stoneses, your second family. You love them and they love you. Stop worrying, it's all going to be okay.

"They're here!" Margaret breaks the warmest smile I've ever seen when she lands her gaze on me "Oh my dear, don't you look beautiful"

"Thank you" I really need to learn how to take a compliment, damn. "Do I smell lasagna?"

"Damien told me it was still your favourite" she searches for confirmation in my stare "Besides Riley has taken quite the interest on cooking it in the last few months"

"Oh, do you have a future chef in the making?" i peek over Stone's stepmom shoulder to find his very grownup little sister.

She winks in my way, "You bet, be ready to be impressed Kiki. Stone said you were living with him the guys, you probably haven't had a good meal in ages"

"I'm right here" she waves off her brother's complaints.

"Save me from my misery" I whisper as she takes me inside their childhood house and drags me into the kitchen.

Being back here is like a strong feeling of nostalgia being thrown in my face. While we used to spend more time at mine and Santi's, this house still holds a lot of memories.

Even if me and Stone weren't in the best of terms, there were moments I could never forget. Not to mention the countless pranks we played on each other in here. Fuck, time does fly.

Looking back at Riley I notice her biting the small bottom of her lips, as if she's pondering to ask me something. I've really missed her.

"Out with hit, Rye" I nudge her arm.

"I need some advise" she takes a long breath "There's this, um, person at my school"

"Person?" I raise a brow.

"Sorry, it still feels weird. There's this girl..." she pauses waiting for some kind of reaction of mine "I think I like her"

I bite back a smile. "Does she like you too?"

"I don't know!" she groans "We text everyday and in school we try to spend the most of time together...but there's rumours she's dating this guy."

"Oh" she nods as if she knew i just understood the problem "Why don't you ask her?"

She winces, "That's so last century. I've tried to find out by their socials but their posts together could be taken both ways"

"Let me see" she hands me the phone and I inspect the photos deeply "Hm, don't think they're dating. There's no spark there"

"How can you tell so easily?" she frowns.

I shrug, "Dunno, I have an eye for these things"

To be fair I saw it when it was Santi and Lizzie. Just the same with Callum and Collins. Damn, if nothing else works out I might start my own reality tv show.

"Was that it? I mean, with my brother, did you just see the light in his eyes when he looks at you and knew?" she questions, visibly curious.

"The only light in his eyes is of mischievousness" I shake my head at her nonsense "Me and Stone are not like that"

Rye snorts. "Cmon Kiki, he's had a crush on your for the longest time. You're all he talks about at dinners, since we were kids"

"We can't possibly be talking about the same guy" I let out a nervous laugh cause now I'm worried we are. Does Stone really talk about me? Why does that kinda make me all fuzzy inside? Ew.

"Are you serious?" her jaw drops and I shake my head in answers "And here I thought the ring was the immediate giveaway"

The ring? "What about it?"

Her eyes widen, "You don't know?"

Whatever expression my face is making must respond to her question. It's just a ring. Well one of his favourites perhaps, he's always wore it. But that's it. Right?

"It was mom's last gift" she reveals and my whole body freezes. Riley hesitates before adding, "She wanted him to give it to, um, someone special"

A knot forms in my throat. "That can't be right-"

"Actually it's feels pretty right to me" she shrugs, not at all confused or shocked by this "My brother can be...difficult when it comes to girls in his life. But you're the one he's always kept close"

"Because of my brother" like, hello, me and Stone didn't particularly like each just a few months ago.

"He lets you call him Damien" she says it as an argument to prove her point "Not even me, dad or Margo are allowed to do that. Only mom called him that and now...you"

Okay, yeah, that I was aware. Maybe I stepped out of line doing it but he never really complained. Shit, I have no idea what to think. This is still Stone we're talking about.

Way to drop a bomb on me.

𖤐 ༝ ・ ˖ ₊ ˚ 。 . ⋆ 𖤐

a/n

25k reads ... wow! i am utterly speechless at how amazing that is. thank you so so much!

can't believe we're already on chapter forty five either. that's insane. i am not fully sure yet, but I aiming for maybe eight/ten more chapters? around that!

please keep voting if you're liking the story, it really helps me keep going and writing more. also, any questions you have about the story you can ask them here, i will be answering!

until next chapter, xoxo<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 90.4K 37
Kiara Sage, a simple girl. She owns a small bakery, lives with her dad and little sister. Living a very content life, Kiara knew nothing about love u...
20.3K 1K 39
Riley Matthews has gone through a lot. From her mother passing away, to her father being an asshole, from her own emotional issues, and to even her b...
36.3K 1.2K 66
❝𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐬, 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐈'𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬.❞ ❝𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡...
3.6M 117K 41
You've got one boy. One girl. One pretty little lie. A perfect relationship. The perfect boyfriend. The perfect girlfriend. The perfect dates. The pe...