The Monsters in Sleepy Hollow

By Lotus_Horizon

(Y/N) Van Helsing, on of the descendants of Abraham Van Helsing, the man who defeated Dracula hundreds of yea... More

Chapter 0: The Last Van Helsing
Chapter 1: Aleera
Chapter 2: Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 3: Unkindness
Chapter 4: A Learning Experience
Chapter 5: Alone
Chapter 6: Weep Now, or Never More
Chapter 7: Verona
Questions
Chapter 8: Monsters
Chapter 9: Taking Action
Chapter 10: The Hound of Baskerville
Chapter 11: Hunter and Witch
Profile #1
Chapter 12: Conflicted
Chapter 13: Marishka
Chapter 14: A Black Sheep in Wolf's Clothing
Chapter 15: Expanding Minds
Chapter 16: The Comedy and Tragedy of Van Helsing
Your Dream Women: Act 1
Chapter 17: Night's Bane
Chapter 18: Woe is Me
Chapter 19: The Longing Sorcerer
Chapter 20: The Old Hunter
Chapter 21: Annihilation
Chapter 22: I Miss the Misery
Chapter 23: Sins of the Mother
Chapter 24: Serenity
Chapter 25: Awaken
Chapter 26: Pan!c at the Café
Profiles #2
Chapter 27: A Heated Reunion
Chapter 28: Predatory Instincts
Chapter 28.5: Thank You
Chapter 29: Fall From Grace Weary Angel
Chapter 30: Anne Lorraine
Chapter 31: You Have Power, Nothing More
Art Chapter
Chapter 32: Bloody Tears
Chapter 33: The Hound of Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 34: Happy Endings
Art Chapter for Act 2
Chapter 35: The Lone Van Helsing
Chapter 36: It Hurts Like Hell
Chapter 37: Who is (Y/N) Van Helsing?
Questions for Act 2
Chapter 39: New Places, New Faces
Halloween Art
Chapter 40: The Monsters in Salem
Chapter 41: Suzume Akiyama
Chapter 42: Down
Chapter 43: Everything Is(n't) Fine
Chapter 44: Beloved
Chapter 45: Tea With A Doll
Chapter 46: Road Trip
Chapter 47: The Eve of Halloween
Chapter 48: Prophet
Chapter 49: Forgiveness
Chapter 50: Now You See Me
Chapter 51: Homecoming

Chapter 38: Good Intentions

1.2K 76 64
By Lotus_Horizon

  Later that day into the night, you made plans in your room to reconcile with the others. Making a list from who would be the easiest.

Y/N: Okay, looks like I have Catherine and Val, or maybe Morrigan. Then there's Victoria. Hmm, Sutrah and I never had any problems. Hmm, then Artemis as well. The sisters. . . hmm. I know they aren't really in town right now. But I could sneak in and leave something behind. A note? Before I go on my journey of Self discovery. I guess I should try the hard ones first just to get that out of the way.

  You write all of this down in a notebook.

Y/N: Hmm, Okay, I guess I should try to get the hard ones out of the way. So, I gotta start with-

*October 17th, The Next Morning*

Robin: Bye grandad, I'm off to school

  Robin exits his house walking down the streets of Sleepy Hollow. He makes his way to Victoria's house, but before he can, he senses something. Looking behind him only to see nothing there, he looks around with squinted eyes as he decided to leave it, only to turn around and bump into a familiar someone.

Robin: . . . Oh, it's you. Come to punch me again?

Y/N: What? No. That was just . . . Look, I'm sorry about the Valentines day dance. I didn't mean to lash out and hit you, but. . 

Robin: But? But what?

  Robin's brow twists as he looks at you with an angry face.

Y/N: . . . Okay. I'm throwing all my pride away doing this.

  You get down on your knees and take Robin by the hands. His face still looking at you with distain and irritation. You look up and take a deep breath.

Y/N: Robin Le Fay! I am sorry from the deepest part of my body. I would like it if you could forgive me, if you want to hit me, you can! To get back at me. OR better yet you could break a bone. I'm a fast healer.

Robin: . . .

Y/N: . . . You can. . . Umm. . . Take one of my organs? Take some life essence and-

Robin: . . .

. . .

  The awkward silence in the air was deafening. Even people walking by were perplexed at the words you were saying which only embarrassed you further. Robin looks at you as he pulls his hands away.

Robin: You done?

Y/n: . . . That depends. Do you forgiv-

Robin: No.

  Robin walks around you as he leaves you behind. You quickly stand up and go after I'm.

Y/N: Robin! Wait, I-I. . . I'm not good at dealing with this stuff, so I'm not the best at apologizing.

Robin: Clearly.

Y/N: But come on. I'll do anything you want.

  He stops as he turns to look at you.

Robin: Anything?

  You nod like a child as you wait on baited breath, ready to do almost anything for him to forgive you.

Robin: Then leave me alone.

  You feel your heart shatter as he walks away. You feel the pain creeping into your chest as you just cross your arms. 

Y/N: Okay, I'll mark him down as. . . complicated. Next I'll go see Lenore. Hopefully I won't have to fight her father again like a few months ago.

  You leap to the rooftops as you make your way to Lenore's place. As you leap in the air, you see her red hair from a distance as you make your way through the city. You land in front of her, surprising her a bit as you  lean against a tree.

Y/N: Hey there Strawberry Shortcake.

Lenore: . . .

Y/N: . . . I'm not saying that because you're short by the way, I was just-

Lenore: What do you want little boy.

Y/N: . . . I'm taller than you though. . . Look whatever. Umm. I wanted to apologize for the last year. I wanted you to know that I do love you and everyone else. I was wrong and I need you to forgive me. . . Sooo?

  Lenore just gives you a similar look to that of what Robin gave you before. She didn't even bother saying anything or trying to understand. She just walks past you, not looking back at you.

Y/N: . . . Okay, look the truth is, I may be leaving soon, and I don't really know if when I'll come back. I just wanted to. . . you know. Make amends before I leave. 

Lenore: . . . 

Y/N: . . . We may not see each other for a time. . . Please Lenore.

Lenore: Goodbye (Y/N).

. . .

  You bite your lip lightly as you take a deep breath. 

Y/N: . . . You know, I could just leave. It seems no one really want's me around. . . Hmm. . . No. I gotta handle this first. Okay, Lenore and Robin are. . . complicated. I guess I could go see Morrigan. 

  You rush down the streets, running past people on your way, your jacket blowing in the wind as you make your way through the streets. Rushing at a high speed, you end up crashing into someone. You both go down a bit dazed, looking up you see a tall girl with messy auburn hair and yellow eyes. She shakes her head to gain her senses as she looks down at you. You both stand up as you just nervously gulp to yourself.

Y/N: . . . Oh shit. H-Hey Artemis- GAH!!!!

  She picks you up off the ground as you are envelopes in a bone crushing hug.

Artemis: Oh (Y/N)! I haven't seen you in so long! 

  She licks up the side of your face as you can't help but smile. 

Y/N: At least someone likes me right now. It's good to see you again Artemis.

Artemis: Aww why don't you call me by that nickname you gave me?

  She gives you sad puppy eyes as you roll yours, cupping her face and ruffling her already messy hair.

Y/N: Okay. It's good to see you again Wolfy.

  She smiles and she picks you up, lathering your face with kisses and licking.

Y/N: H-Hey! 

Artemis: What? It's not like you're with anyone at the moment. . . Sorry, was that rude? I didn't mean it like that. I just. . . I just miss your affection so much!

  She hugs onto you tightly as you just look down at her.

Y/N: Well, not like I'm gonna be here long. I'll be leaving Sleepy hollow for a bit on a self discovery type thing you know?

  Artemis' eyes widen as she looks at you with a sad face. She whimpers a bit as she just holds you tightly.

Artemis: No.

Y/N: What?

Artemis: You're not going anywhere. You just got all nice again and now you wanna leave us?

Y/N: There is no us from the look of things. So far, you're the only one who likes me right now. But, I understand why. You're more forgiving than the others. 

Artemis: Well duh. But also, you smell different. You don't smell all hateful and you don't seem to be forcing it anymore.

Y/N: Wait, you knew I wasn't being serious when I pushed you all away?

Artemis: Of course. After all, you and I are close. I turned you, and I can smell your emotions easier than others. You smell a lot more free now. And I love it.

  She licks your face some more as you just push her back some.

Artemis: But do you really have to leave?

Y/N: Not really feeling too welcome to stay. Not that I should be surprised. I really wanna just try to make everyone like me, but I'm already feeling the mode right now. It's making me feel so exhausted.

  You sit down on a nearby bench as you let out a sigh. Artemis sits next to you, snuggling up with you as you just relax. You smack your face lightly as you try to get to your senses.

Y/N: Okay. Time to go see Morrigan.

Artemis: I'll go with you!

Y/N: Eh, sure. It'll probably make it easier.

  You make your way to the Morrigan's shop with Artemis on your tail. Holding your hand all the way. You haven't seen Artemis for a while. You knew she was a student, but after you found out what she really looked like, it was hard to imagine she managed to stay under the radar.

  Making your way to the shop, you notice Morrigan freshly leaving the shop. You shiver a bit as you walk over to her. You felt you breath heavy as you got closer to her. You try to gather yourself as time begins to slow.

Y/N: 'Okay, there she is. Morrigan Belladonna. Just walk over to her, and just. . . umm.'

  Your ears perk up as you rush behind Artemis. Morrigan turns with a smile to see her.

Morrigan: Oh, hello Wolfy, how are you doing?

  Morrigan walks over petting Artemis on the head making her pant with excitement.

Artemis: I'm all good. I just wanted to stop by for you. I got you a gift.

  You peak from under Artemis' arm looking at Morrigan. She was so beautiful. She was even smiling. Something you missed seeing. Her hair had gotten somewhat longer, but other than that, she looked about the same as the day you first met her.

Y/N: 'She's so pretty.'

Morrigan: Oh? What is it?

Artemis reaches behind her as she grabs onto you. You panic as you whisper.

Y/N: H-Hey. Actually let's just go.

Artemis: We are literally right in front of her.

Y/N: Yeah but come on, she's probably busy.

  Morrigan can faintly hear your whispering as she summons one of her Raven's. The bird flies behind Artemis as it's eyes land on you.

Y/N: EEP! I mean *cough* T-This isn't my house! I guess I got the wrong address, let's go Artemis, I think I need to update my sense of sme-

Morrigan: (Y/N).

  Her voice was soft and soothing. She didn't sound mad, but after all you did over the past year, you found it hard to believe she'd want anything to do with you.

Y/N: . . . 

  You force a smile as you stand in front of her. Artemis taking a step back to give you two some space.

Y/N: I'm not ready for this.

  She steps closer as she caresses your face. Cupping it in her hands. 

Y/N: Look Morrigan. I. . . I have to say. I'm so sorry for. . . well. . everything. For ignoring you all year, for scorning you, I didn't do it to hurt you I. . . I don't think you'd get it if I tried to explain.

  She hushes you as she traces her hands over the side of your head. A light purple glow emanates from her hands. Her fac changing as she hovers them next to your head. Her somber look falls as her face twists into a frown. Tears lightly start to drip down her face as she begins to sob. The sobbing tugs at your chest as she lightly embraces you. You fight back, not letting a tear fall as you just lightly hug onto her as she sobs into your chest. You hold onto her as she holds onto you tightly.

Morrigan: You're alright. I'm so glad you're alright. I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that for a year. 

  You feel your own tears welling up as you hug onto her. Holding her closely. The two of you sob for some time as you feel a familiar energy. The love that she had for you made you feel something. Her love for you was unconditional and pure. It made you cry even more, blood dripping from your eyes.

Y/N: It's not your fault. I didn't do any better open up. But. . . I couldn't lose anyone else.

Morrigan: And I couldn't lose you either. When you lashed out, telling us how you "truly felt" then, it felt so bad. It felt like I was losing another son. 

Y/n: I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I. . . I can't say it enough.

  She pulls away a bit as she caresses your face.

Morrigan: Did your visit to Jekyll help out?

Y/N: Y-yeah. Although, I wasn't too sure any of you would want to see me. Robin doesn't, Lenore especially doesn't. I can't even begin to think how the sisters or Victoria think of me. Let alone Catherine or Val.

Morrigan: (Y/N), no matter what you do. No matter how far you distance yourself, I'll always love you. Robin and Lenore are. . . complicated. They will take time, but they will come around.

  You feel her hands wipe your eyes as she kisses your cheek, leaving behind a lipstick mark on your face.

???: Well, looks like you guys are doing well.

  You turn and see Sutrah and Victoria. Sutrah bows as she greets you. Taking you by your hand and kissing it.

Sutrah: Tis great to see thee once more (Y/N).

  You blush a bit as you look away.

Y/N: Y-Yeah. I guess. . .

  Victoria just stares at you as you notice how different she is now. From the hair, the face, the new stitches and patches. She looks different, but the same at the same time.

Y/N: Umm, Hey Victoria. I-

  Victoria covers your lips.

Victoria: Hush. I don't think I can forgive you. You have been ghosting me for the last seven months. I cannot forgive such rude and mean behavior. 

Y/N: Look, I'm sorry. I'll explain everything later but-

  Victoria jumps into your arms hugging onto you.

Victoria: No! I wanna hear it now. You already said sorry, meaning you're not an ass anymore. Or, at least not as much.

  Victoria presses her lips on the side of your face, smothering your face in kisses. Sutrah grabs onto your arm tugging you towards her.

Sutrah: I desire affection as well.

  Sutrah kisses the other side of your face as you try to manage having both girls on you.

Morrigan: If you all are going to drown him in kisses at least don't do it in the streets. We can talk in my shop.

  You carry Victoria inside as she skill kisses your face, Sutrah doing the same as Artemis follows inside. Morrigan entering as well before closing the door. 

  Once inside after handling all the kisses, you explain to the women inside the just of what's been going on with you. Why you pushed everyone away, and why you've been acting the way you have been. Along with your internal struggles and all the mental issues. 

Y/N: And so, I decide to leave Sleepy Hollow to find myself. But I wanted to make sure everything was fine with me and the rest of you all first. I may not ever talk to the sisters again, but. I guess it wasn't meant to be with them.

    It was hard for you to explain as you were being hugged by literally all of them. Making movement and talking difficult.

Morrigan: So, where exactly will you go?

Y/N: I don't know. Somewhere close, or far. I don't even know when to do it. Maybe before or after Halloween. It'll be like I'll just be studying abroad. But, I don't really have a destination. It would literally be my first time ever traveling along. . . I'm embarrassed to say that I'm scared.

Morrigan: Doing things alone like that is always scary at first. But with your abilities, you might want to keep that in check.

Artemis: If you're scared to go alone. I could go with you.

Sutrah: OR me if you desire my love.~

  Sutrah kisses your hand once again.

Morrigan: Girls, this is his journey. Usually these journeys are best handled on your own. But at the end of the day it's your choice.

Sutrah: Tis true. So readers? You going alone? Or are you taking someone along with you when you leave?

. . .

Victoria: Readers?

Sutrah: Oh silly me, I meant (Y/N). Of course.

(A/N: I am very happy that you guys are invested in the book, I hope that you all continue to support the journey. Anyway, enjoy this file on Artemis.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

469 23 12
During their final battle, Van Helsing and Count Dracula vanished, seemingly without a trace. But several centuries later, the two bitter enemies fin...
1.2K 219 34
When a mysterious canine attack occurred in the Romanian region of Transylvania, it not only brought the legendary Van Helsing back to a location he...
6.7K 233 22
Y/n L/n is from a small village that is in a poor condition Y/n always do enjoy walking through the forest until one day a dark creature decided to a...
67.2K 2K 28
We all know the story of how Dracula became a "monster," right? Or at least we think we know the story behind how he came to be the villain that Van...