Cracked {Vic Fuentes}

By ughabuggabandlife

McKenna Wesley had it all, the friends, the boyfriend she was graduating college and she had a job lined up... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Guts
Chapter 2: A Night We Won't Forget
Chapter 3: Dress Shopping
Chapter 4: Mad At Myself
Chapter 5: Missing You
Chapter 6: Here We Go
Chapter 7: No Different
Chapter 8: Go Go Go
Chapter 9: Waking Your Neighbors
Chapter 10: Who's Ready To Party...not me
Chapter 11: A Friday Night Like This
Chapter 12: Loose Lips Sink Ships
Chapter 13: Silently I'll Wait
Chapter 14: Sure As Hell Meant All Of It
Chapter 15: Breakdown
Chapter 16: I Know It's Tough
Chapter 18: We Need A Hero
Chapter 19: I Promise This is Personal
Chapter 20: Bring Me Home Again
Chapter 21: Back Up Plans
Chapter 22: Homesick
Chapter 23: This Home
Chapter 24: It Feels So Early
Chapter 25: I Was Saving Myself For You
Chapter 26: Just Keep Holding On
Chapter 27: Hell and Back
Chapter 28: What If I Don't Even Want To
Chapter 29: You Said You're Having a Baby
Chapter 30: Oh, You're Killing Me
Chapter 31: Fight Back For What You Want
Chapter 32: My Heart, I Surrender
Chapter 33: Check Mate
Chapter 34: You Make Me Feel Low
Chapter 35: Everything is A-Okay
Chapter 36: Shameless
Epilogue
AUTHORS NOTE

Chapter 17: What's So Good About Picking up The Pieces?

917 31 2
By ughabuggabandlife

McKenna

"Oh snap." Was the only word spoken as it was a staredown between the two of us. That word was spoken by Hailey, who always had something to fricken say.

I looked at him up and down and saw the bags under his eyes, he must be exhausted. His shirt was wrinkled and baggy like he picked it up out of the laundry basket. His jeans were tight around his skinny legs and one of his vans were untied.

Then I noticed how he looked at me up and down and kept his eyes trained on the part where the coffee spilled. I sighed becoming annoyed with the situation and crossed my arms over my chest. If I knew this was going to happen I wouldn't have worn a white tee shirt. Let alone a blue fucking bra.

"So you're stalking me now?" Were the first words out of my mouth. The first words I had spoken to him in three days. He gave me a weird look and tilted his head to the side.

"If anything, it's you stalking me, how do you know I was going to be in Phoenix today?" He said narrowing his eyes and pointing his finger at me.

"I'm from Phoenix you fucking dipwad! This is where I went to get the fuck away from you!" I seethed and flailed my arms around a little bit to show my annoyance. He had nothing to say back as he looked sad for a second, but it quickly went back to the straight emotionless face.

"I'm sorry Mick I-"

"Didn't mean it? Was totally stupid for saying all of those things? Regret all of it? Am I at least partially right?" I asked after my three guesses of what would come out of his mouth next.

"All three." He muttered moving his head to look at the ground. I was in no mood to screw around, considering I just had ice cold coffee spilt on me.

"I hate to butt in, but Mick we should really get going, I wanna get there to see sleeping with sirens." She said pulling on my arm.

"Did you say sleeping with sirens?" Vic asked. Hailey nodded slowly and let go of my arm.

"Yeah?"

"I'm really good friends with them." Vic said nonchalantly and shrugging his shoulders.

"Really?" Her eyes widened to the size of saucers and a look of realization crossed her face.

"Y-You're Vic fucking Fuentes." She whispered.

"My middle name is Vincent, but ok yeah I am." Hailey squealed and I covered my ears as she jumped around.

"McKenna Leigh, you didn't tell me your one night stand was Vic Fuentes!" She yelled.

"What? I don't even know what you're-" she sighed interrupting my sentence and held up her hand.

"You're clueless, you peasant." She said and put her finger to my lips. "It'll be ok." She whispered and pulled me into a hug.

"Hailey it's like 112° outside why are you hugging me?" I asked and pushed her away.

"Because you're clueless and adorable and I wanted to hug you." She said shrugging.

"Look, I don't go on until 4:45, but I have to be back by 3:30 for sound check. If I give you a pass to get backstage, will you leave us alone for an hour or two so we can talk?" Vic asked nicely, pulling out a pass from his back pocket. She squealed and took it running off.

"What? I didn't agree to this! I'm-"

"Please McKenna." He said sadly, grabbing my hands. I sighed and rolled my eyes but started walking with him and pulling my hand out of his hold which caused him to sigh.

"I don't know how many times I can apologize and have it mean something." He said as I followed him into a tee shirt store.

"I don't know how many times this could happen and I still end up forgiving you." I whispered low enough for him not to hear me. I grabbed a tee shirt I thought fit my outfit most and walked to the counter. As I was about lay down the money Vic intruded with his own and handed it to the lady.

"I spill coffee on your first shirt, Let me pay for a replacement." He said softly as the lady handed him his change. He stuck it back into his wallet and continued out of the store. I stayed in the corner of the store where no one could see me and quickly changed my shirt and walked back out, catching up with him as he walked.

"You were right." He said slowly, stopping in his tracks. I stopped in mine as well and looked at the ground. Did I hear him right?

"Excuse me?" I asked not looking up. With each word a smile made its way onto my face and I was about to burst out laughing.

"You. Were. Right." He repeated, slowly, taking pauses in between each word.

"Damn right I was right." I muttered and started walking again.

"Wait! Where are you going?" He asked. I kept walking, and he followed, curious as to what I was doing. I turned around abruptly and he bumped into me not expecting my sudden stop.

"Look, Vic, I've never necessarily done this before. Not even with Dylan, he's hardly done this with me. I just, I want you to meet someone, she means a lot to me, and this is my first step in forgiving you." I muttered and grabbed his hand, pulling him along with me.

When we arrived I walked in like it was completely normal routine for me, while Vic stalled a little in his step, but continued to follow me. When I got to the top of the hill I took a right and walked through the grass until I reached where I wanted to go and sat down. Vic remained standing until I pulled down on his pant leg, signaling him to sit down.

"Vic, I'd like you to meet Joanna, my mom." I said gesturing towards the gravestone. I looked up and smiled.

"Ma, this is Vic, the guy I told you about." I said while still looking at the sky. I'm pretty sure Vic thought I was 100% crazy at this point, but then I heard his response that changed everything.

"Hi Mrs. Wesley." He greeted waving timidly at the gravestone.

"My mom always told me that I can't spend my whole life being mad at someone. Life's too short. Don't waste it, move on, it works out. Honestly that's what I'm trying to do right now." I admitted grabbing Vic's hand and squeezing it.

"I'm trying to forgive you, but only if you really want me too." I said letting go of his hand and kissing my fingers and placing them on my mom's gravestone before getting up and offering my hand. He took it gladly pulled himself up.

"Are you being serious right now?" He asked, seeming to not believe what I said.

"100%, you can ask Hailey, once I involve my mom the serious level sky rockets." I said gesturing with my hands. He nodded and stuck his hands in his front pockets and continued walking.

His phone started ringing in his pocket and he sighed pulling it out.

"Hello?" I heard a voice on the other end, but couldn't make out what was being said.

"Well...here's the thing, I got my coffee and yours and was walking back to the venue-" he stopped when the voice interrupted him and sighed.

"No Tony I didn't get laid, I bumped into an old friend....Yes, I mean bumped into as knocking stuff over not in....SHUT UP!" Vic suddenly turned a tomato red and started hiding his face while I laughed quietly watching his reaction.

"Bye turtle." He said suddenly hanging up the phone. He cleared his throat and rubbed down on his shirt brushing off seemingly nothing.

"Sorry about that, do you wanna come back to the venue with me?" Vic asked scratching the back of his head.

"Sure, I don't see why not." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"So? Am I forgiven?" Vic asked shoving his hands into his jeans pockets and glancing at me as we walked to the venue where warped tour was taking place.

"I guess so." I said shrugging. There's always going to be that one part in me that questions it. What if this happens again? I couldn't let that hold me back from a blossoming friendship though. I mean I like him, but I can't just jump onto the relationship train as soon as I forgive him. I could. I just didn't think I was ready though. Which sounds totally ridiculous because I slept with him.

"Thank you for forgiving me." He said softly as we crossed the street.

"Don't thank me, it's fine." He grumbled under his breath.

"So how do you know Hailey's favorite band?" I asked trying my hardest to make casual conversation.

"Their lead singer is one of my best friends. I play in a band called Pierce The Veil." He answered.

"Oh that's cool what do you do?" I asked.

"I sing and play guitar. You should come watch us play today." He said taking his hands out of his pockets.

"I have no choice. Hailey apparently loves you guys." I said sarcastically. He laughed and stopped in his tracks causing me to bump into him unexpectedly. I groaned and pushed myself back.

"Why'd you stop?" I asked, whining slightly as he smirked.

"McKenna Leigh Wesley welcome to Vans Warped Tour."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 512 43
Jumping from one boy to the next, Carson becomes lost of who she is. Vic isn't the only one who "secretly" admires her. And she has her eyes on a few...
865 65 16
WARNING: STRONG SEXUAL CONTENT What happens when your best friend abandons you for your own high school crush? And even though you've already got a h...
1.6K 122 46
We were a perfect match, maybe that's why we burnt out. This story contains smut, drugs, suicidal thoughts & suicide
37.7K 1.2K 17
Hannah Preciado is constantly tormented by her brother's Friend, Mike. What happens when she has to spend a whole summer with him, will she cope?