Longing

By VeK1ng

Longing follows Victoria and Cady as they discover their true feelings for each other. This is a fan-fiction... More

One

Two

5 0 0
By VeK1ng

Victoria and Cady are sitting side by side on a bench outside The Red Pony, deeply engrossed in their conversation when Victoria looks up and sees a familiar figure approaching them.

Vic jumps up, surprised to see Walt, the Sheriff, approaching with a concerned look on his face.

The concerned look morphs into a smile when he sees Cady. "Hey Punk, Vic, didn't think I would see you both here on a work night," Walt says to them both. "Hey Dad," Cady says in greeting, standing and kissing him on the cheek.

"And pray tell, what are you doing out and about on a work night?" Vic says in a teasing manner, using air quotes when she says "work night", trying to deflect him from her and Cady.

Letting his question about why the girls were out slide, he responds, "Henry called, said he had some information for me," a concerned look crossing his face again.

Vic, seeing this, says "I was about to head out but do you want me to wait around to see if whatever info he has needs actioning?" Walt smiles, appreciating Vic's commitment, and says "No, no, I doubt it's anything that can't wait until an acceptable time of day. Go get some rest."

Vic looks over to Cady and says "Thanks for the company tonight," then reaches out a hand as if to touch Cady before thinking better of it and giving her head a shake. She looks to Walt and gives him a nod before turning to head to her vehicle.

Walt looks to his daughter. "Punk, anything I need to know?"

Cady pulls her eyes from Vic's retreating form to look at her father. "Not that I know of, Dad," she says, giving him a tired smile. "I better head out too. It's been a long day."

***

Walt takes a deep breath as he watches Cady drive off, relieved that she's safe and sound. He then turns around and walks into The Red Pony, the familiar smells of beer filling his nostrils. As he approaches the bar, Henry looks over and greets Walt enthusiastically.

"Hey there, Walt," he says, wiping his hands on a towel. "What can I get you? You look like you could use a drink."

"I'll have the usual, thanks, Henry," Walt says with a smile. "But I'm not sure that a drink is what I need right now."

Henry slides a cold bottle of beer across the bar, his expression turning more serious. "What's up, my friend?"

"Something just seems off between Cady and Vic, and I can't seem to get a read on it," Walt says, taking a long pull from his beer. "I'm sure it's nothing, but I just want to make sure that everything is all right."

Henry nods thoughtfully. "I noticed them chatting away in here earlier tonight."

"Hmm, anyway, you called me about some information, I believe?" Walt changes the subject, not wanting to dwell on his daughter's relationships anymore.

Henry smiles and leans in closer to Walt, speaking in a low voice. "I heard something about the drugs coming through the area."

***

Victoria sits at home, icing the bruises she got from the massive drug bust earlier thanks to Henry's intel. Her phone buzzes, and Cady's message appears: "Hey! What's up?" Victoria thinks back to the previous evening and wonders how long they could have talked had Walt not interrupted them. Shaking her head, Victoria replies, "Nothing much, just recovering from the bust. You?"

Without hesitation, Cady responds to Victoria's message: "Just wondering if you're free for dinner tomorrow?" Victoria's heart rate spikes at the thought of spending more time with Cady, but before she can get too caught up in the idea, another message arrives: "I was hoping we could get started on the surprise birthday planning before we run out of time."

Victoria's heart sinks a bit as she realizes that Cady just wants to discuss Walt's birthday. Shaking herself out of her reverie, she quickly replies, "Of course! I've been dying to try the new Mexican restaurant. Does that work for you?"

"Sounds like a plan! See you then," Cady responds. Victoria smiles, feeling a flutter in her stomach at the thought of seeing Cady again. She reminds herself that she needs to get whatever 'this' is under control before it causes trouble.

A message comes through from Ferg: "Get your butt to The Red Pony now!"

***

Vic bursts through the doors of The Red Pony, ready for anything. Her eyes scan the room until she spots Ferg and Branch chatting with Henry at the bar. "What the hell, Ferg? What was the emergency?" she exclaims in frustration. Ferg, who's clearly drunk, turns around, looking puzzled. "What do you mean, Vic? We're just celebrating the bust and thought you should be here since you took down the head honcho." Vic frowns, trying to make sense of it all. "You sent me a message, Ferg, that made it sound like you were in trouble," she says in exasperation. "Oh, sorry," Ferg replies sheepishly, giving a little shrug.

After kicking Branch's butt at pool for the second time, Vic enjoys a beer at the bar. Henry approaches her and says, "So, you and Cady are getting pretty close lately, huh?" "What do you mean?" Vic asks. "I mean, you both seem to be spending a lot of time together. And she always seems to be asking for your opinion on things," Henry explains. "We're working together to plan Walt's surprise party. I thought you knew that since it's being held here," Vic says defensively, worried that Henry would figure out her feelings. She trusted him since he is such a great guy and friend, but she was just starting to figure out her feelings herself.

Thankfully, the boys got into a scuffle with two other patrons, and Vic had to step in before things got out of hand. After a long night, she returns home, feeling tired and relieved to have avoided discussing Cady with Henry. As she settles into bed, her phone buzzes with a message from Cady: "Can't wait to see you tomorrow!" Vic's insides twist into turmoil at the message.

***

Cady let out a groan after pressing the send button on her latest message to Vic. She had reached out hoping for a reply so Vic could be the last person she talked to before she fell asleep. Not long before going to bed, Branch had knocked on her door, smelling of beer and looking like he had been in a fight. Cady knew what he was hoping for, but she had sent him on his way with a stern talking to and a promise that he would not get himself killed before morning. She may not love him, but she still cared.

Cady tossed and turned in her bed for hours, while her mind raced with thoughts of Vic and Branch. She finally drifted off to sleep, but a few hours later, she woke up screaming, damp with sweat. The nightmare had taken hold again, the same one she had been grappling with since the accident. This time, the images were more vivid, more violent than she could handle. She saw Vic behind the wheel of the car instead of herself, and the crash was much more brutal. The sound of the metal crunching against metal echoed through her ears, and the terror of the collision sent her heart racing. She couldn't get the images out of her mind, even upon waking.

***

Vic had woken up earlier than usual, before the sun even peeked over the horizon. In the hope of shaking off the vague sense of unease leftover from her dreams, she decided to go for a run through the familiar trail she knew like the back of her hand. The repetitive motion of her feet pounding against the ground helped to clear her mind, and the calming sound of her breathing filled the early morning air.

As Vic rounded a bend in the trail, she was surprised to see another runner coming towards her. She squinted into the sunlight, and as they approached, she realized that the runner was none other than Cady. Vic smiled and waved as Cady approached, her hair pulled back into a messy ponytail, and her face free of makeup. Cady looked stunning, and Vic struggled to keep her mind from wandering to places it should not. 'Morning, Cady!' Vic said breathlessly as she slowed to a stop, breaking through Cady's deep thoughts. Cady looked shocked for a moment, before coming back to reality. 'Oh, hey Vic!' Cady replied slowly, trying to shake herself out of her hazy thoughts.

Vic noticed that Cady wasn't quite herself and wondered if she should ask if everything was alright. However, she decided that their friendship was probably too new to delve into each other's psyche. "I got your message when I woke up, but I thought it was too early to reply,' Vic lied, trying to access Cady's mood. 'Looks like we're getting to see each other earlier than expected, though.' Vic felt awkward but managed a small smile.

Cady smiled thinking the awkwardness coming from Vic was cute, taking her mind off her nightmares from last night. "I'm starving want to come over for breakfast?" Cady asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

- Updates will be fortnightly (approx)

- I'm new to this so would really appreciate any feedback

- I'm not begging but kudos would be nice ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

585K 9K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
168K 17.6K 23
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
126K 5.4K 52
❥❥❥ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪, 𝕎𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪...
395K 11.9K 80
"I'm not afraid to hit a girl," he argued, and you grinned. "I know you aren't," you said, "because you know I can fight back, and you wanna know how...