Beauty and the Tribal Chief

By briflareii

Two years ago, Ashanti got roped into traveling on the road with Joe aka Roman Reigns, The Tribal Chief. She... More

Beauty and the Tribal Chief
Too Hard-Headed
Telekinesis
His Woman
Different Views
Power Struggle
Paris Fashion Week
The Real WAG Life
The Joe Show

Never Really Started

1.8K 88 6
By briflareii

Never Really Started

Ashanti sat backstage in Joe's locker room, mindlessly doodling in the sketchbook that Joe had gotten her for her birthday back in June. Joe's phone started ringing and Ashanti glanced over to see it light up from a picture of Galina on the screen.

Galina was calling. Picking up Joe's phone, Ashanti answered it. "Hey, G, Joe is busy at the moment. Can take a message?" Ashanti asked.

"Oh hey, A, and really? Okay, can you let him know that he needs to pick up the kids this weekend, it's his week with them," Galina responded.

Ashanti nods, making a mental note to let Joe know that it's his week with the kids and to pick them up from Galina's house.

"Yeah, I can do that," Ashanti said, ready to end the call after that but Galina spoke up.

"So, are you and Joe finally having sex?" Galina asked, teasingly.

Ashanti shakes her head with a chuckle.

"No, ma'am, all he does is stare at me when he thinks I'm not looking," Ashanti answered.

Galina giggled.

"He sucks at making the first move," Galina said.

Now if someone walked in and heard Ashanti and Galina having this conversation they would be confused about how they were able to talk like that when Galina and Joe only got divorced recently.

Ashanti has been Joe's assistant for two years now. She and Galina have a cool relationship so when Joe and Galina separated they decided to be friends.

Recently, Joe developed a crush on Ashanti. He thinks he keeps it pretty well hidden but his family and pretty much everyone knows about his feelings for Ashanti. Even Ashanti knows about his crush. She likes him too. She always sort of felt chemistry between her and Joe.

She hasn't said anything to him about it yet because she doesn't want to ruin their professional relationship. Besides it is not like Joe will ever act on his feelings for Ashanti.

"Yeah, I see that but maybe he doesn't want to ruin our dynamic," Ashanti said.

"You are the best assistant in the world," Galina said.

Ashanti smiled.

"Not for long though, I think I'm ready to take modeling seriously this time around," Ashanti said.

"Really?" Galina asked, surprised.

Ashanti started modeling when she was ten but she decided to focus on her education and attend Texas Southern University. She put her modeling career on hold. After, graduating from Texas Southern University, she took a job as Joe's assistant.

Recently she started modeling again and she realized that she missed it badly and wanted to do it full-time now so that meant having to move on from being Joe's assistant.

"Yeah, you know modeling has always been my passion. I can't be an assistant forever, girl," Ashanti answered.

"How are you going to tell Joe?" Galina asked, worried about how Joe would react to the news of Ashanti leaving his side for modeling.

"I'm going to sit him down and tell him as professionally as I can that I'm leaving my job as his assistant to pursue modeling again," Ashanti answered.

"Girl, maybe you should think about his feelings for you," Galina said.

Ashanti smacked her lips.

"The feelings that he hasn't admitted to having for me, Galina, I have to think about myself and my career," Ashanti said.

"I don't mean to sound selfish but what about us?" Galina asked.

"What do you mean? Me not working for Joe anymore doesn't affect us being friends, Galina," Ashanti answered.

"Yeah, but it changes the dynamic for sure. We won't see you almost all the time anymore. Modeling is going to take up all of your time. Ashanti everyone in Joe's life has grown attached to you in these past two years. You're not just his assistant to us, you're family," Galina said.

Ashanti pouts as her face contorts into sadness at her words. A small sigh leaves her lips.

"I'll still come around when I can, G," Ashanti said.

"So, I really can't talk you out of this," Galina said.

"Nope," Ashanti said.

A soft whine leaves Galina's lips.

"Well, how about this, can you at least not quit until you get something permanent? Like I mean a serious modeling contract," Galina said, trying to negotiate with Ashanti.

Galina has experience in the modeling world and she knows how unpredictable it can be when it comes to securing a job so she wants Ashanti to have an income to depend on.

Working for Joe is a good income. Especially when it comes to financing a modeling career. She's not only trying to hold her back for selfish reasons but for financial reasons too.

As Ashanti is about to respond to Galina, Joe walks in with Jon and Sefa. Ashanti doesn't want to continue the conversation in front of them. Joe looks at her. He notices she is using his phone.

"Is that my phone?" Joe asked Ashanti.

"Yeah, Galina, I'm gonna call you later," Ashanti replied.

"Oh, Girl, yeah call me later," Galina said, ending the call.

"Bye," Ashanti said before handing over the phone to Joe.

Joe raised an eyebrow.

"Was that Galina? Did she need something?" Joe asked.

"Oh yeah, she just wanted you to know that it's your week with the kids so you need to pick them up this weekend, that's all," Ashanti told him.

Joe nods.

"Okay," Joe said.

Jon takes a seat next to Ashanti.

"Sup, sis, I need your help," Jon said.

"With what?" Ashanti asked Jon.

"My anniversary with Trin is coming up," Jon replied.

Ashanti nods in understanding.

"I'll send you some gift ideas and places to take her," Ashanti told him.

Jon smiled.

"Thanks, sis, you're the best," Jon said.

Ashanti's eyes scan over Joe as he scrolls through his phone. "You're welcome," Ashanti said.

Sefa chuckles as he watches Ashanti stare at Joe.

"Shanti, you need some water?" Sefa asked her.

Ashanti looks at Sefa.

"Why?" Ashanti asked Sefa.

"You look dehydrated," Sefa answered.

Jon chuckled.

Ashanti throws something at Sefa and Joe glances at them, shaking his head as Sefa grabs Ashanti and puts her in a headlock.

"Let me go, Sefa before I tickle you to death," Ashanti threatens him.

"Girl, let's see you try to get out of this headlock first," Sefa said.

Jon laughs as Ashanti struggles to get out of the headlock. Ashanti pouts and whines for Joe to help her. Joe shakes his head and looks at Sefa.

"Nah, she knows what she has to do to get out of it," Sefa said.

Ashanti rolls her eyes.

"Sefa is the best in the world," Ashanti said.

Sefa lets her go.

"See I don't know why you make it difficult," Sefa said.

"Because you're not the best in the world," Ashanti said before rushing over to Joe to keep Sefa from putting her in another headlock.

"See you keep playing," Sefa said, shaking his head.

"When will you two grow up?" Joe asked as he engulfed Ashanti in his arms.

"I'm grown. He's not," Ashanti answered, sticking out her tongue at Sefa.

"Yeah, you're grown alright, sticking out your tongue like that," Sefa conveyed.

"That sounds so nasty when you say it like that," Ashanti said.

Sefa rolled his eyes.

"Joe, doesn't she have errands to do for you?" Sefa asked Joe.

"Shut up, Sefa," Ashanti mumbled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49.6K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
70.1K 1.3K 49
Kennedy McMahon-Levesque, a fifth generation McMahon who possesses no desire to follow in her family's footstep to run the multi-million dollar compa...
612K 13.8K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
2.3M 116K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...