My Tribute to MSD

By dreamerlass

This book is like a tribute to a legend and my idol. It'll be like my personal feelings regarding some things... More

Introduction
How he became a part of my life?
Happy Birthday MSD 🥳
Some Well-Known Records
Dhoni's Maiden Centuries
The Century Celebrations
Life Update (With a small surprise)
The Mahi Look
It's not Goodbye
He believes in me
He's still our kid
Meeting the Unique Family
Never Tickle A Sleeping Dragon (Angry Mahi - Part 1)
When You Awaken The Sleeping Dragon (Angry Mahi - Part 2)
A Soldier at Heart
A Friend Found Again
The Kid Inside
Rumours
Bonds of Brotherhood
When History Repeats Itself
Drunken Confessions
Jealous Big Brothers
He's still our Mahiya
Tera Yaar Hoon Main
The Favourite Chachu

Papa, I'm proud of you

421 23 14
By dreamerlass

Hey guys 👋🏻

Thank you for choosing to read this story

The above picture is my favourite Mahi-Ziva artwork

If you like this story then please vote, comment and share with your friends

~~~~~~~

So the idea of this story came to when I was watching some MSD interviews where he talked about his first meeting with his daughter and also about how his wife jokes that she'll tell their daughter when she's older that her father was not present when she was born.

Then there was also one where MSD mentioned that Ziva is actually very mature for her age (More mature than Deepak Chahar if I remember correctly) so I thought about the kind of reaction that she would have to learning about her father's absence at her birth.

The story is based around the time Virat Kohli's daughter, Vamika was born and here in the story the Dhoni family comes to meet the little princess.

~~~~~~~

Ziva was super excited about meeting her Vi Chachu's newborn baby girl.

She had been looking forward to this day ever since her Chachu had called up to tell them that he was going to become a father.

Her Papa had tried to tease her Chachu about still being a kid himself but Ziva had come to his rescue and scolded her Papa for it.

She had even heard that he had come back home from Australia because her Vi Chachu wanted to be there at the hospital when his baby was born.

This made little Ziva wonder if even her Papa had also been there at the hospital the day she was born.

Her parents weren't aware of the thoughts going around in their daughter's head as they were all travelling to meet with the Kohli family.

Virat had insisted on them coming to meet them as soon as their baby was allowed to leave the hospital to go home.

~~~~~~~

Upon reaching the Kohli house in Mumbai, the Dhoni family was first greeted by Virat who was excited for them to meet his little princess.

Mahi insisted that Virat let them all take a shower to clean up before going anywhere close to the newborn baby.

Since Ziva seemed to be extremely excited about meeting the baby, Sakshi helped clean her up before taking a quick shower herself.

As soon as the two ladies were ready, Ziva started pulling her mother out the door because she had waited long enough to meet the baby.

Mahi teasingly asks, "Ziva, don't you want Papa to also come with you to meet the baby?"

Ziva stopped tugging at her mother's hand for a moment and replies, "Yes but I don't want to wait anymore. Please can I go with Mumma now? I promise I'll meet the baby with you also later."

Mahi chuckles and shakes his head as he says, "It's okay if you want to go now. I was just teasing you. I'll join you after some time."

Ziva's face lights up and she kisses her father's check and replies, "Okay Papa. Love you."

She then starts pulling her mother saying, "Come on Mumma. Vi Chachu's baby is waiting for us."

Sakshi and Mahi can't help but chuckle at their little girl's excitement for meeting the newborn.

~~~~~~~

Sakshi and Ziva entered the room where the Kohli family was waiting for them.

They sanitised their hands while Virat picked up his little girl for his Bhabhi and Ziva to see.

Ziva watched in awe as the little baby yawned cutely before opening her eyes and looking at her.

Sakshi decided to record the moment along with Anusha who found it to be extremely heartwarming.

Ziva says, "Hi baby. My name is Ziva. What is your name?"

Virat chuckles softly and replies, "Well Ziva, her name is Vamika. She's very excited to meet you."

Ziva's face lights up as she says, "I was also very excited to meet you. When you grow up a little, I promise to play with you and also share all my toys with you."

Virat replies, "Well Vamika can still play with you a little now. I bet she'll enjoy talking to her Ziva Di."

Ziva excitedly starts telling her little cousin about some stories from her school and also about how much fun she has with all her Chachus, while little Vamika seems to be listening to her very intently.

After some time, Sakshi comes forward to meet her little niece and Virat places his little girl in his Bhabhi's arms.

Ziva seems unfazed by this as she continues blabbering and entertaining the baby.

Suddenly she remembers about the question she had regarding her birth and turns to her Chachu and asks, "Vi Chachu, can I ask you something?"

Virat pulls Ziva into his lap and replies, "Of course. What do you want to know?"

Ziva says, "You came home so that you could be here to meet Vamika when she was born, right? That is what Papa told me."

Virat replies, "Yes that is correct."

Sakshi also looked intrigued to know where exactly her daughter was going with this, even though she had an inkling.

Ziva then asks, "Was Papa also there in the hospital like you when I was born?"

Virat was shocked to say the least at the question and he immediately turns to his Bhabhi who seemed to be slightly stunned at the sudden question.

Sakshi understands what Virat seemed to be asking her and replies, "We haven't talked about this before if that's what you want to know. You can tell her."

Ziva looks confused and asks, "Tell me what?"

Virat takes a deep breath and replies, "Well actually Ziva, when you were born, we were in Australia."

Ziva lights up and says, "Just like you before Vamika was born."

Virat replies, "Umm, yes but I was there for a series while your father was there for the World Cup and our warm up matches were going on back then."

Ziva seems to understand where the conversation was headed and asks, "Papa didn't come home, did he?"

Virat immediately replies, "It's not like he didn't want to, but he just couldn't because of the circumstances. But right after we came back from the World Cup, he went straight to meet you."

Sakshi complains, "Yes and the first time you both met, you even interacted with him in way you hadn't done with anyone till then. He came to meet you after a month and still you liked him better than the rest of us."

Ziva can't help but laugh at her mother's complaint while Virat replies, "Of course she will because Mahi Bhai is the best, right Ziva?"

Virat then proceeds to tickle Ziva as she says, "Yes"

A few moments later once Virat stops his tickle torture, Ziva asks, "Papa didn't come home because the team needed him in Australia, right?"

Virat smiles at his little niece's maturity and replies, "That's what he always said whenever we tried to convince him to go home to meet you. We all could see that he really wanted to meet you, especially Raina Bhai, but he always stopped himself."

Just then Mahi peeks in the asks, "May I come in?"

Virat lets go of Ziva and replies, "Come in Bhai, you didn't really need to ask."

Mahi says with a straight face, "I was asking Anushka, not you"

Anushka chuckles and replies, "You can come in Bhai. We've been waiting for you only."

Mahi smiles and enters the room when his daughter immediately launches herself at him to hug him tightly.

He looks down at her with an amused expression and asks, "Did you really miss me so much?"

Ziva pulls away a little to look her father in the eye and says, "Papa, I'm proud of you."

Mahi looks extremely confused so Sakshi replies, "She asked us if you came home like Virat when she was born."

Virat adds, "I told her that you really wanted to but couldn't. She's so smart that she figured out that you didn't come home because the team needed you."

Listening to this brings tears to Mahi's eyes as he sits down on his knees to match his daughter's height and asks, "You're not upset?"

Ziva shakes her head and replies, "Of course not. I know that India always comes first for you. I'm very proud to call you my Papa."

Mahi simply pulled his daughter in for a hug and hid his face in her neck, while Ziva patted his back knowing that her father needed a moment to compose himself.

Sakshi and Virat simply smiled at the father-daughter duo having a moment.

Soon Mahi pulls away and asks, "So Ziva, are you going to introduce me to the baby?"

Ziva excitedly replies, "Papa, her name is Vamika. Come now, I'll introduce you."

She pulls her father near her mother before Sakshi hands the baby to her husband.

Mahi gets slightly teary eyed once again as he holds his Cheeku's baby girl in his arms.

The moment Vamika sees him she smiles making Mahi also smile at the little bundle of cuteness in his arms.

Sakshi notices this and says, "What is it with you and newborn baby girls? It's like they're born to be your fangirls."

Virat chuckles and teasingly replies, "Bhabhi, you should be used to this by now. He still has the biggest female fanbase among all of us."

Sakshi asks, "So you mean you'll be okay with Vamika liking your Mahi Bhai more than you?"

Virat tries to come up with a response but he just ends up opening and closing his mouth like a fish.

Anushka and Sakshi laugh and high five each other, before Ziva shushes them.

Ziva then takes a seat next to her father and says, "Hi Vamika, this is my Papa. He's the best and I promise that when you grow up, he will also play with you. He loves you very much. If you want to have some fun, you can come to my Papa. And if your Papa says no for anything then come straight to my Papa because Vi Chachu always listens to my Papa."

Mahi chuckles listening to the way his daughter introduces him to his little niece and replies, "You're already teaching her how to do mischief like you."

Ziva shakes her head and says, "No, I'm just teaching her how to have fun. She should know these things."

Mahi just smiles, shaking his head at his daughter's response before pulling her close to himself with one arm.

Sakshi sneakily takes a picture of her husband with their two little girls.

~~~~~~~

Ziva is definitely a bit too smart and mature for her age

Let me know what you guys think 🏻

Please vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.7K 4.2K 25
My first try on ICT. I cherish the bond between the team. And the bond I am deeply madly in love with is my "❤️Mahirat❤". God knows how and when I s...
41.9K 2.7K 34
This is purely a fictional fanfiction, but how I wish it was true. In the beginning it may seem that I have copied the works of some writers on this...
4.7K 446 12
okay so if someone's not comfortable with bl avoid reading this.. I've been reading ICT bl on this platform lately and some mahirat stories too so ye...
23.4K 998 9
ONE SHOTS ON IPL 2020 I realized I am writing too much about IPL 2020, there are just too many moments to write about so I thought I will write all...