Hear the Dance

By shieshiena30

What if Bada Lee has to teach a deaf girl how to dance? Bada Lee is contracted for private lessons one day an... More

Sypnosis
HTD# 1
HTD# 2
HTD# 3
HTD#4
HTD#6
HTD#7
HTD#8
HTD#9
HTD#10
HTD#11
HTD#12
HTD#13
HTD#14
HTD#15
HTD#16
HTD# 17
Once upon a time...
HTD# 18
HTD# 19
HTD# 20

HTD#5

803 49 6
By shieshiena30

Mauve Loviel Jung. Korean name, Jung Sa Rang. Daughter of a Korean business man and a retired French ballerina, Chontelle Belmaire. Born in France but she grew up in South Korea.

Mauve wasn't born deaf. She was a hearing healthy baby when she was born. When she reached 2 months old she started to be a fussy baby, always crying. There was once a whole week when she hadn't stopped crying and her parents didn't know what to do. They went to the hospital, doctors ran some test. They couldn't find out what in the world was wrong with Mauve, one thing was for sure she must be in unbearable pain.

The doctors wasn't helpful, they just gave the couple prescriptions after prescriptions of medicine. When one of those medicine did not worked they would stop giving it to her. She was already in enough pain, they didn't want their daughter to develop another illness.

No parents could ever bear their kid in pain, they were also in pain as their daughter. Then one day Mauve just stopped crying. She was back to being healthy, heck she was even a bubbly baby. But then Mrs. Jung noticed something again.

Mauve doesn't listen to her. She was as stubborn as she was bubbly. Mrs. Jung thought she raising a bad kid who doesn't listen but then, Mauve doesn't listen to anybody. She seems to look like she has her own world all the time. They went back again to the doctors and this time they found out the most painful thing they've heard.

"Sa Rang has been deaf for quite sometime now. Seeing her record, yes, she was hearing at birth but it seems she have lost it. Was there any history of the baby hurting her ears? Or something being inserted there?"

"No doctor, she didn't hurt herself. She just... She was always in pain before."

Through a series of more tedious tests they were able to find out why Mauve became deaf.

"Enlarged Vestibular Aqueduct or EVA. Sa Rang must have experienced constant dizziness despite lying down. This might have caused discomfort to her thus all that crying that you said. She appears to have felt it for 3 long months. EVA might have been caused by hereditary causes or simply the part in her ear that holds fluid responsible for her to have normal ear function did not fully developed due to some abnormalities in the genes."

Despite her disability, Mauve grew up well. She was a bright child, bright as the sunshine as her mother used to say. Even if she didn't spend the rest of her life growing up with her mother at the age of 10, Mauve didn't lost that sunshine in her.

At night when she's asleep she would dream about dancing. That's one thing her mom left her. The love for dancing. When she was about 18 years old, she saw her first ever dance competition. She was just dragged their by her cousins, it was supposed to be the worst night she could remember but then Bada made it better.

She grew up with ballet, it was graceful and beautiful and yes it was hard to learn ballet and painful. But her mom danced ballet, it was automatic for her to love it. Seeing Bada dance the complete opposite of that elegance captivated her though.

That night was clear to her as if it only happened yesterday. Mauve was standing directly across the stage she already hated being there but when the strong vibration of the bass played and coursed through her body Mauve's world paused at the moment and darted her eyes on the stage. Bada was at the center of the formation and although it must have just been Mauve's imagination, their eyes locked. Bada's eyes flared with passion, while her's glistened with fascination admiration.

After the whole competition, she dragged her cousin to the backstage where she saw Bada disappear to. They won the competition. Once they reached the backstage Mauve immediately saw her tall stature. She really stood out among the crowd around her.

She wanted to take a photo. Just one. So she made her way through the crowd and they were successful to reaching her. Her cousin who must've understood her intention asked if they could take a picture with the dance group. Mauve's eyes were just locked on Bada though. At first Bada was looking at her cousin as he asked permission then to her.

Oh the smile she flashed at Mauve swayed her so much that time. The rest of the night that Bada wasn't a part of was a blur to her then. By the next day Mauve was onto her father's case.

Dad! I want to learn how to dance! Please! I want it as my birthday gift. Please!

Did she really want to learn how to dance hip hop? Or did she just want to meet Bada again? To be honest, Mauve wasn't that sure which is the reason. Hip hop was also interesting and she fell in love with it while she did her research ad practiced by herself for weeks as her father looked for a teacher who'd be willing to teach a her.

Okay... She did not explicitly said she wanted Bada to teach her because Mauve was afraid to disappoint her but after one teacher and another then another she finally told her dad to try and talk with Bada. She wasn't expecting Bada would agree but then...

Then that first friday came.

"Annyeonghaseyo! I am Bada Lee."

Well it was kind of an off start really. Bada was clearly feeling unwell and she seems unfocused and cranky...? Or was that how she usually teach? Mauve doesn't clearly know. But hey! At least they got to start on something.

And when they started to contact each other through LINE! Mauve was elated when Bada told her to be comfortable with her. Bada replied in short responses but it was better than none.

Oh and Mauve can never and she means it when she says, never in her whole existence will she ever forget what happened yesterday! That whole comforting, touching thing?!

After that class Mauve spent the whole day just suddenly either bouncing in place or crouched down while hiding her blush from her dad. She admits her feelings are worst than a high school girl simping for her crush who she unrequitedly likes.

Tap. Tap.

Mauve was taken back to the present at a Cafe nearby their house together with her dad, as they are presently enjoying some cakes and coffee together. Little bonding time.

Her dad who's sitting in front of her looked at her, his face scrunched clear concern written all over it. Seeing how her father is looking at her Mauve giggled amused with how sweet his dad is looking all concern when she's just in fact daydreaming.

She signs to tell him then.

I'm sorry dad. I was just thinking about some things.

He raises his brows and leans backward, at first he looked like he was just 'okay' but then he smirks, a teasing one. Mauve raised a brow in question to that smirk, so her father signs.

Something? Or someone?

Mauve blushed almost automatically. She's deaf but she's not slow, looks like her father is to. Her father knows her too well, she guesses. But like any other girl hung out of their sweet feelings she denies the accusation. Plus she has a crush on a girl!

Definitely not someone!

Her father scoffs and just nods at her, telling her, 'okay if that's what you say'. His clearly not believing her, he sees through her like an x-ray and Mauve's an open book. Mr. Jung then adds,

I think you don't know. But you do blush when you talk about her.

Mauve pauses. Her breathing hitched and she felt shy and nervous. Isn't this the kind of topic a father should be avoiding? Mauve got lost in her thought, amidst the hundred thoughts and scenarios she signs,

Aren't you weirded out?

The message was clear. Will he accept Mauve if she really does turn out to like women? Not just Bada, well it's not like Mauve's sure that she's really gay, but what if in the future she does end up liking girls only and not boys? Will he not be mad?

That light atmosphere around them turned into a cloud of anticipation and of subtle tension. Mr. Jung paused after a few second he leans in across the table and signs.

No matter who you are or who you love. I'll still love you Sa Rang. You're happiness is my happiness as well. If that's what makes you happy, I'll be more than willing to support you on that.

Mr. Jung was not a perfect father but he loves Mauve, the only family and remnant of his dearly beloved wife. The man was more than willing to do anything that will make his daughter happy and that includes paying as much as 8000 USD to make her hear. Unfortunately, Mauve does not wish of it, it is odd and concerning but Mr. Jung did not pry. He tried to convince her on times when she's in a good mood but merely opening up the discussion put Mauve in a bad mood. When she was younger she'd cry for him to stop talking about it, especially after her mom died. So up until now Mauve is still deaf.

Later that day, Mauve had to spend the rest of the remaining hours of the day exploring around town. She went to get some ice cream, get some clothes and just walking around enjoying the September breeze under clear blue skies.

Does she enjoy her own company? Yes of course. She'd grown to like it despite her actually being extroverted, well that was before her bullying accident in Junior high. It's old history but it left quite the dent in her that affected her. She's healing from it though and she's now trying her best to socialize.

Like Bada.

Ever since they've met and actually started interacting with each other she'd pop out in Mauve's mind at random times its almost annoying. Annoyingly fluttering.

As Mauve made a turn to her way back going home, she realized that 5 steps away was the building where Just Jerk Academy is located. Her eyes were pasted on the building all while she's thinking about Bada. She even hallucinated seeing Bada exit the building.

At first, Mauve thought she really thought she was actively hallucinating or her daydreaming skills is just getting too wild. But then the Bada-illusion turns out to be the Bada Lee. And now Bada's tall frame shadowed above her. Her brows knitted, her gaze gentle but has that hint of concern. Mauve almost forgot how to breath.

"Mauve are you okay? Are you lost?"

Bada said and Mauve read it without miss, her eyes fixated on her Bada's face. Okay, enough. This is too much romanticizing! Too much!

When Mauve shook her head in an attempt to wake herself up from her overly romanticizing mind, Bada grew more concern..? Honestly she doesn't know how to react anymore.

She was exiting the building with Tatter, Hyein, Lusher, with some guest instructors of Just Jerk when she noticed from a distance what looked like a blue pastel cloud in a form of a human. Then when they got closer, Bada realized it's just Mauve in a fuzzy cotton looking blue sweater. She looked dazed while looking at the building.

"Mauve?"

A lot of questions popped out in her mind in an instant. What is she doing here? Is she lost? Where's her dad? Is she even allowed to go out? Is she okay?

She practically speed walked towards the entrance to get to Mauve, leaving the others behind. They did hear her whisper the name though and those who heard it before snapped their gazes at the girl standing outside of the building.

"Mauve!"

Oh stupid Bada realized Mauve can hear her. So she waved at her, Mauve responded with a smile but she still look dazed. She was growing more concerned then she started shaking her head. I don't think she's alright.

"Hey are you okay? Do you need me to--"

"So this is Mauve?"

"She looks fuzzy... and cute."

"Pedo..."

"The fuck?"

The rest of the group caught up and are now very invested on Mauve. Tatter filled them in on the news and everyone just got excited. They find it as a curious case.

Mauve on the other hand who just "recovered" is now starting to feel flustered as good looking people start to crowd around her. Bada still won in her heart but these new guys are just crazy good looking. They seem to be Bada's friends.

"She doesn't look Korean."

"Her name isn't even Korean dude."

"Oh right. Right."

"Okay you guys stop, the poor kid looks flustered."

Hyein stopped the two males from talking and took the chance to walk over to Mauve. Bada just observed what she would do next. Mauve was getting more nervous.

Hi I'm Hyein, you're Mauve right?

Mauve was beyond shocked when Hyein signed. At first she didn't know what to do but then redeemed herself by bowing down first to greet them then introduced herself through sign.

Yes my name is Mauve, I have a Korean name, its Sa Rang. I'm fine with whatever you call me.

Mauve was smiling the whole time and everyone just subtly swoon over her. She looked like a deer with her innocent doe eyes plus she's wearing a space bun, she basically looked like a toddler to these adults.

"Oh how cute she has a Korean name its Sa Rang."

"Sa Rang? Her parents must be romantic."

"Yeah it suits her though."

"Dude stop being pedo."

"Stop being ugly."

"Okay you two stop it already."

Amidst the all the talking Bada was only fixated on Mauve. Hyein and her are still tal--- signing. Maybe because she's her teacher that she feels responsible for her. Mauve being around her friends somehow doesn't sit well with her either.

"Maybe I should get her home."

She said already reaching out to hold Mauve's hand but Mauve avoided her hand and looked at Hyein. Bada was surprised by it. Her gaze shifted from Mauve who looks constipated trying to stop from smiling and then to Hyein.

"I invited her to join us to watch the show."

The show she was talking about was a dance showcase where all professional underground dancers, rising dance groups and professional choreographers all gather. It's a big one and its expected to be full of people. And Bada isn't sure if Mauve should even be in such a place.

"Did she said yes?"

Bada asked, she didn't realized her tone sounded slightly confrontational, it was subtle but Hyein heard it.

"Trust me she did."

Bada trusts Hyein, she's one of her more sane friends but they we're talking about Mauve here, a socially inactive kid. Mauve's words. So Bada asked the subject.

"Do you want to come with us?"

Bada asked while Mauve read her words. The latter immediately nodded in response. Her smile spread, from ear to ear. She's excited.

"Alright, but you Miss will keep close to me."

Bada said while her fingers intertwined with Mauve's.

Those doe eyes stared at her's and Bada's finger intertwined then back to those stern gaze. Mauve nodded again.

I wish this night won't end.

It's going to be along night.

🌊🌊🌊

The week passed so fast! I'm so sorry for breaking my own words of an early update we just had our midterms that's why 🥺

Have you seen the last episode? Dude BEBE ATE AND DOMINATED!

Oh and have you joined Bada's IG broadcast channel? Ever since I joined I have been best friends with my screen translator. Is there anyway I can set it to auto translate?😭

Anyway... Till next update!

-Shiena💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 1.4K 35
In a prestigious university where she had to prove herself, Yeji found comfort in the new group that she joined. One particular girl caught her eye...
24.5K 692 24
°•° in where a group of great dancers and choreographers come to the tv show Street Woman Fighter 2, the group Angel's surprised the entire cast with...
40.1K 1.1K 33
in which sabrena and bada meet and decide to engage in a secret relationship.. that is until one of them is tired of hiding their love and wants the...
5.3K 145 7
She fought it hard, then harder, but it was like boiling the ocean. Taking a step forward led to her taking a couple of steps back. There's just no e...