The Monsters in Sleepy Hollow

By Lotus_Horizon

(Y/N) Van Helsing, on of the descendants of Abraham Van Helsing, the man who defeated Dracula hundreds of yea... More

Chapter 0: The Last Van Helsing
Chapter 1: Aleera
Chapter 2: Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 3: Unkindness
Chapter 4: A Learning Experience
Chapter 5: Alone
Chapter 6: Weep Now, or Never More
Chapter 7: Verona
Questions
Chapter 8: Monsters
Chapter 9: Taking Action
Chapter 10: The Hound of Baskerville
Chapter 11: Hunter and Witch
Profile #1
Chapter 12: Conflicted
Chapter 13: Marishka
Chapter 14: A Black Sheep in Wolf's Clothing
Chapter 15: Expanding Minds
Chapter 16: The Comedy and Tragedy of Van Helsing
Your Dream Women: Act 1
Chapter 17: Night's Bane
Chapter 18: Woe is Me
Chapter 19: The Longing Sorcerer
Chapter 20: The Old Hunter
Chapter 21: Annihilation
Chapter 22: I Miss the Misery
Chapter 23: Sins of the Mother
Chapter 24: Serenity
Chapter 25: Awaken
Chapter 26: Pan!c at the Café
Profiles #2
Chapter 27: A Heated Reunion
Chapter 28: Predatory Instincts
Chapter 28.5: Thank You
Chapter 29: Fall From Grace Weary Angel
Chapter 30: Anne Lorraine
Chapter 31: You Have Power, Nothing More
Art Chapter
Chapter 32: Bloody Tears
Chapter 33: The Hound of Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 34: Happy Endings
Art Chapter for Act 2
Chapter 36: It Hurts Like Hell
Chapter 37: Who is (Y/N) Van Helsing?
Chapter 38: Good Intentions
Questions for Act 2
Chapter 39: New Places, New Faces
Halloween Art
Chapter 40: The Monsters in Salem
Chapter 41: Suzume Akiyama
Chapter 42: Down
Chapter 43: Everything Is(n't) Fine
Chapter 44: Beloved
Chapter 45: Tea With A Doll
Chapter 46: Road Trip
Chapter 47: The Eve of Halloween
Chapter 48: Prophet
Chapter 49: Forgiveness
Chapter 50: Now You See Me
Chapter 51: Homecoming

Chapter 35: The Lone Van Helsing

1.2K 68 12
By Lotus_Horizon

~Act II~
~Heaven and Hell~

*October 15th, 2023*

  Almost a year has gone by since previous events. 

  The previous Halloween, a Van Helsing entered the city of Sleepy hollow. Neutral ground for all manners of beasts. Creatures from many myths and legends mankind has assumed to have been only myth and legend. But these creatures find their ways to weave their ways into society, living under the guise that mankind has to them.

  But with every beast, there are those who hunt them. The Van Helsings being one of the many hunting families. But has recently dwindled to only two members. But after the reawakening of an ancient Vampire known as Carmilla of Styria, using one of the Van Helsings like her puppet, she has dwindled them down to their last member.

  (Y/N) Van Helsing. The last Van Helsing.

  After being forced to take his own mother's life, he has spiraled into a spiral of depression, once again seeing all monsters as all other humans do. Creatures of the night who only desire death and destruction. Maybe it was grief that twisted his mind, maybe it was loss, sorrow, sadness, anger, his yearn for vengeance and scorn. A Roland for an Oliver as some say.

  But all those emotions seemed to cancel out leaving him a husk of what he once was. But this husk was nothing if not dangerous. 

  To man and monsters alike.

  We focus our attention outside of the city. To the streets on the outskirts of Sleepy Hollow. A couple was driving through the wet streets down through Tarrytown. 

Alex: Hey Cindy, you think this whole party is gonna be worth the drive?

Cindy: What, you scared?

Alex: Haven't you heard? The creepy shit that happened a year ago in Sleepy Hollow? Some people said they heard the howling of a demon wolf. It's howls echoed from Sleepy hollow that some even say they reached New York. Besides, you know that town is creepy in and of itself.

  Cindy let out a chuckle.

Cindy: Oh please. There's no demon wolves or monsters out to get us. Serial killers maybe, but not wolves. . . I hope at least.

  As the couple talked, something jumped out rolling off of the side of the car making the two scream in fear. Alex tries to get control of the wheel as the car skates across the road. Luckily, Alex manages to get it under control, as a harrowing silence fills the air. Nothing but their breath can be heard through the cold air, that and the pitter patter of rain.

  Alex looks over his shoulder, looking at the road seeing what they hit. Slowly getting out of the car as the rain matts his hair down. He sees something on the road. Something he can't quite make out.

Cindy: W-What is it Alex? Is it a person?

Alex: I don't know.

  The figure begins to move lightly, making Alex recoil. Alex tries to steal himself as he pulls out his phone to get a closer look, but he feels a hand on his shoulder as he screams going to punch what was behind him, only for his fist to be caught by a boy. A boy with long (h/c) hair matted down by the rain, a long coat. He also noticed the shotgun he had on his back which made him even more confused.

???: This isn't a tour show. Get the hell out before that thing get's back up.

Alex: W-Wait. What? You know what that thing is?

???: None of your concern. I'm trying to be a good person about this by not just scaring you out of here, but. . . Oh fuck me.

  The boy takes the shotgun off of his back as Alex noticed the creature standing behind him. It looked like a giant humanoid bat. It stood at around 7'0 tall and had blood red eyes that's hue radiated through the rainy darkness. The boy pushes Alex to the side as he blasts it's right hand with a shotgun, making it's fingers go flying off in a mess of blood. The beast let's out a shriek as it holds onto it's arm.

  Alex notices the beast looks injured, besides the hand. Wounds like scratches, cuts and deep gashes. Clearly not from the car. This beast, this monster looked like it was being hunted. Was this boy the cause? But these wounds looked inhumanly delivered.

  Alex watched as the boy cocked the gun, walking the beast down as he shot out it's knee, forcing it to cry and crawl away. He turns to Alex, his eye peeking from the mess of hair he had on his head, a piercing gold hue.

???: What? You looking for a fucking escort? Just get the hell out of here already-

  The creature managed to recover just enough to swipe at the boy, slamming him into the car, nearly making it roll onto it's side as Cindy let's out a scream from the impact. The beast stands over Alex as it lunges at him, pinning him to the ground. He tries to force it off of him, every instinct in his body fighting to survive as Cindy get's out of the car, seeing the boy that was slammed into the car and her boyfriend who is pinned by the beast.

  She watches in tears as she notices the shotgun on the ground that the boy dropped. Following her instincts, she picks up the gun and tries to make sure it is ready to fire. Not really looking like the type to be able to withstand a gun with this much force. Before she can fire, the gun is ripped out of her hands as the collar of her shirt is gripped, now looking in the eyes of the boy.

Y/N: Are you a fucking idiot! You'll kill your precious little fuck toy if you fire a shotgun at that thing! 

  He roughly pushes her to the ground as she just looks up with light tears in her eyes from the entire situation. Worried for her boyfriends life.

  She see's the boy stow the shotgun as he takes out a pair of knuckle-dusters. These pieces of metal gleamed in the moonlight as he rushed at the creature. Tackling it off of Ales. 

  The sounds of battering echoes as the cries and wails reached out into the night. He delivered enough force with each punch to break bones as the beast clawed at the asphalt to get away. But the boy was not allowing it, He delivered a fatal blow to the creatures mouth as it's teeth broke, many shards of bone being sent across the floor.

  The beast clung to life as the boy grabbed it, picking it up and holding it by it's neck in a choke hold.

Y/n: You had one job. I made it so easy or you and you couldn't even do that. . . Tell whatever demon sent you that I'll be waiting for them. Waiting for something to finally kill me.

  With a swift motion, the sound of a loud snap was heard. The boy breaking the neck of the monster. It's body shriveling and falling to ashes in the boys arms. He let out a sigh as he looked to the other two. Looking at them with anger as he walked over to them.

Alex: W-Wow. T-Thank you so-

  He grabs Alex by his collar.

Y/N: You had one fucking job, get out of here. What if that thing ripped your throat out?

Alex: I-I.

Cindy: Look we're sorry! We just got startled off the road a bit.

  The boy looked at the two of them as he just let out a sigh. Putting the knuckle dusters away as he walks towards the forest.

Y/N: Get the hell out of here right now, and do me a favor. Stay away from Sleepy hollow at all costs. Otherwise, I may not be able to save you next time.

  He leaps into the tree line, vanishing in the shadows. Leaving the couple to their amazement and still slight fear. That fear reminded them that beasts like that may still be out there, so the two got into their car and drove aways as fast as possible. The boy watching them from the trees as they drive off.

  He lets out a sigh as he leas through the treeline with great speed making it back to Sleepy Hollow. Leaping from building to building as he lands on the edge of an apartment window. Digging his claws into the wall as he crawls inside. 

  He opens the window slipping inside and closing it slowly. He shakes the water off of his body like a wet dog. He removes his jacket tossing it to the side as he sits in the chair across from his bed. Holding the shotgun in his hands as he see's the name etched into the side.

"Rachel Van Helsing"

  He caressed the gun somberly as he let out a sigh. 

???: (Y/N)

  He quickly grabs a knife from his desk throwing it at the door. It quickly stabs into the side of the wall as he notices Val with slightly wide eyes.

Val: Well, good to see you're senses are still sharp. But seeing that you're a wolf, I can understand how.

Y/N: . . .

Val: Well, I came to make sure you were alright. Your cousin-

Y/N: Just because you're fucking my cousin doesn't make us family.

  Val is taken aback by what he just heard as a light blush crosses his cheeks.

Val: W-We are not doing that. She is my partner. Nothing more.

Y/N: Take it from me. I know sexual tension when I see it. You both have a lot of it. Now, did you actually want anything, or did the Anne Lorrain girl send you?

Val: You know you can call her Catherine.

  You roll your eyes as you take off your shirt, seeing the cuts and stabs in your body. Vall notices them healing, leaving behind light scars with a few while most healed entirely.

Val: I just came to make sure you were alright. But I must ask, why do you go out so far.

Y/N: . . . What?

Val: I know you go out further than Catherine told you to. You go out past Sleepy Hollow. You've been to Thornville, Pleasentville, Whiteplains, even as far as Nyach across the Hudson River. What are you trying to accomplish.

  You ignore the question as you go to crawl out of the window, but your ears twitch as you hear someone else enter the room.

Catherine: (Y/N). 

  You look over your shoulder seeing your cousin looking at you with a stern face. You look back at her annoyed and angered.

Y/N: The hell do you want?

Catherine: You've disobeyed my orders even when I was nice and kind, but clearly my kindness is wasted on you. You are not to leave Sleepy Hollow.

Y/N: What? You think I still have to listen to you? No. Just because you're older than me and have the misfortune to be my cousin doesn't mean anything.

Val: Listen to us (Y/N)-

Y/N: You stay out of this Ashwood. Just because your ancestor was hot shit dosen't mean you can tell me what to do either. Besdies, what are you gonna do if I leave. Ground me? 

  You walk closer to Catherine.

Y/N: Hit me?

  You extend your claws.

Y/N: Cut me.

  You scratch your claws into the wall as she stands her ground, still staring at you with an angered expression.

Y/N: Hunt me? Or better yet-

  You  stare her in the face.

Y/N: Kill me?

  Catherine stares at you. Holding her ground with a firm look.

Catherine: You. Are. Grounded. Besides it's a school night. Don't make this any hardr than it has to be. Please.

. . .

  You let out a sigh as your temper cools. You turn away from her as you sit at your desk.

Y/N: . . . Sorry. 

  She ushers Val out as the two leave your room, closing your door.

Catherine: He's not getting any better.

Val: I can't say I blame him. Being forced to kill your own mother, it wouldn't sit right with anyone normal. His wolf half only enhances his emotions further. Not liek I expected this to be my job. 

Catherine: You know you could have gone back to HQ like 8 months ago. Why did you even stay?

  Val shakes his head a bit as he looks away.

Val: I just didn't want you doing this alone. Besides, it would be heartless of me to just leave you and (Y/N) out to dry. Now we also have the other one to worry about.

Catherine: Oh right. Zale. I still can't believe he has no record here in Sleepy Hollow.

Val: The others told us (Y/N) was looking for him on and off, but the sheriff said they never remembered putting up a missing person's case on him. But this town is strange.

  As the two spoke, you Continued to hold onto the shotgun, looking at the name of your mother scratched into it. You clung it tightly in your grasp as you smile a bit.

Y/N: Don't worry mom. Everything will be fine. Once I find something that can finally put an end to me. I know something out there can actually kill me, and lay me to rest alongside you. Then this long nightmare can end-

  Forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.6K 812 18
{Completed} A girl's life can be an entire lie when she is an orphan. Knowing little about herself, who she truly is and who she belongs to. It seems...
5.7K 162 17
In a few hours Count Dracula will be released from The Harker Foundation, free to reign havoc on an unsuspecting and ill prepared population. Dr Zoe...
10K 201 18
A Dracula legend, romantic story begins when a twenty-three year old Anna found an old mansion in the deep foggy woods after running away from her fi...
36K 632 26
Dracula and Jamie have known each other for a couple of centuries, even back in 1897 when they continuously defeated Abraham Van Helsing. Then after...