Brotherly Bonds

By JaiMcc

Protective Sam & Protective Colby! A series about Sam and Colby as brothers. Inspired by my oneshot Brotherly... More

Be Careful What You Wish For
A Dangerous Game
Stick Together
Crossing The Line

Brotherly Bond

319 9 0
By JaiMcc

Colby was fixing his hair in his room about to leave for school, when there was a knock on his door.

" Hey, can you drive me home after tryouts today?" asked Sam.

" Fuck no," said Colby. " I have plans."

" Mom said you have to," said Sam.

" Why do you always do this?" asked Colby.

" Do what?" asked Sam.

" Interfere with my life," said Colby. " Everything was perfectly fine before you showed up."

" Please, Colby, you're my brother," said Sam.

" Your dad may have married my mom, but we're not brothers," said Colby. " Not really. Especially at school. So no, I'm not driving you home after tryouts. When we're at school, don't talk to me, don't look at me and stay out of my life. Last thing I need is you messing up my reputation at school too."

Sam looked at Colby as he pushed past Sam into the hallway. They both hurried down the stairs and got into the car with their mother.

Later that day, Colby was on the field warming up with his team. Tryouts for football season had started and Colby couldn't be more excited. Football was his passion. He stretched out while talking to his teammates Jake and Corey.

"I'm telling you man, by this time next year, full scholarship," said Colby.

" Gotta get in shape first brother, stay away from the Taco Bell," laughed Jake.

" Oh, you're the one to talk," laughed Corey.

" Hey Colby, what's your brother doing here?" asked Jake.

All of them looked over to see Sam walking to the field. Colby huffed in annoyance and walked over to Sam.

"What do you think you're doing?" asked Colby.

" Trying out for the football team," said Sam.

Colby laughed. " Yeah right, you and football, not a good match," he said.

" Well, you never know until you try, right," said Sam.

" Whatever," said Colby. " Look, don't expect me to go easy on you just because you're my brother." Colby put that last word in air quotes.

" I wouldn't dream of it," said Sam.

Tryouts had gone well for Sam and Colby and the last half was going to be a scrimmage. Sam and Colby had been placed on opposite teams. Colby looked over at his teammate Jake, ready to take Sam down. Colby laughed to himself just thinking about it. Once their coach blew the whistle, Colby made his way towards Sam. Before Colby could even think, he was tackled by an opposing player and from the ground he saw Sam make an amazing catch and run towards the touchdown line. He slammed the ball down over the line as his team cheered. Colby pushed the opposing player off of him and walked over to Sam's team. Some of Colby's team was over there too.

" You have got to be kidding me," said Colby.

" Dude, that was amazing," said Jake, patting Sam on the shoulders.

" That was some playing out there son," said the coach. " What's your name?"

" Sam, Golbach," said Sam.

" Keep up that playing and we might have a hot new candidate for captain this season," said the coach.

Sam smiled widely as several players congratulated him. Colby pushed through the crowd of people.

" I bet that was really fun for you, huh," said Colby sarcastically.

" What are you talking about?" asked Sam.

" Football was the thing I had that was mine, and you just had to come out here and show off," said Colby.

" No, Colby, it's not like that," said Sam. " I wanted to do this so that we could be on the same team, together. So we could bond."

" Don't act like you give a fuck about spending time with me," said Colby. " I already told you, we're not brothers. "

" Colby, lay off man," said Jake.

" You stay out of this Jake," said Colby. Colby looked over at Sam. " You just had to mess up my life at school too, didn't you. Doing it at home wasn't enough for you?"

" Colby, stop, just listen to me," said Sam.

"How about I show you what a real tackle looks like?" Colby said.

Colby then jumped on Sam and tackled him to the ground. Colby, of course, didn't follow the football rules and used a more aggressive tackle. One that surely would've been illegal in a game, but Sam didn't have to know that. He laughed as he had Sam on the ground, yelling in pain. Colby stood up and looked down at Sam, hissing and wincing on the ground. Sam screamed in pain as Colby laughed.

" Oh c'mon, get up, don't be such a pussy," said Colby. But Sam didn't get up. " Sam?"

Several of his teammates tried to help him stand, but he couldn't. Jake noticed the way his leg was facing.

" What the fuck, Colby!!?" asked Jake. " You didn't have to go and break his leg!!"

" What are you talking about?" laughed Colby. " I didn't..." Colby suddenly saw Sam's leg, it was twisted all the way around. " Oh shit."

" Somebody call an ambulance please!!!?" asked Jake.

" Sam, I'm sorry, I didn't mean.." started Colby.

" Oh save it," said Sam, as Jake and Corey helped him. " You made your point, we're not brothers and football is yours. Don't worry, I got it."

Colby backed away as the paramedics arrived and tended to Sam. Colby met his parents at the hospital and knew he was in for a very strict talk. His parents locked eyes with him when he arrived at the hospital. His mother hugged him tightly.

" Hi sweetie," said his mother.

" How is he?" asked Colby.

" He's gonna be just fine," said Colby's father. " He won't be playing sports for a while though."

" Look, I'm really sorry about what happened," said Colby. " I got carried away and I know I'm probably grounded."

His parents looked at each other confused. " What are you talking about sweetie?" asked his mother.

" Didn't Sam tell you what happened?" asked Colby.

" Yes," said their father. " He said that he fell off his skateboard on his way home from school."

" He did?" asked Colby.

" He didn't wanna interfere with your after school plans so he agreed to find another way home," said their mother.

" Really?" asked Colby. " He said that?"

" Yes," said their mother. " Why? Did something else happen?"

" No," said Colby. " Forget it. Can I go see him?"

" Of course," said their father.

Colby followed his parents down to Sam's hospital room and stepped in, locking eyes with Sam. He then turned to his parents.

" Can you give us a minute?" asked Colby.

" Sure sweetie," said their mother as she and their father stepped away.

Colby sat in the chair next to Sam's bed. " Why didn't you rat me out?" asked Colby.

" Because, I didn't wanna mess up your life, like I always do," said Sam.

" No, you don't, I was wrong to say that," said Colby. " I'm sorry about everything."

" It doesn't matter now," said Sam. " I won't be doing much for at least 8 weeks, so congratulations."

" Sam," said Colby.

" Can you leave please?" said Sam. " I'm really tired, I'm gonna get some sleep." Sam then turned on his side, away from Colby and brought the covers up over him.

Once Sam was allowed back home, he avoided Colby as much as he could. He wouldn't talk to him at all and Colby only ever really saw him at the dinner table. Their parents noticed he was quiet but they figured he was just upset about his leg.

Sam was back to school two days later. He hopped on his crutches down the hall. His friend Katrina walked beside him, carrying his books to his locker. She set them down in his locker and then waved goodbye to Sam, leaving to go to her next class. Colby watched from his locker, which was only a couple down from Sam's.

Colby then saw Matthew, the captain of the baseball team walking towards Sam. This kid was the definition of a jock and always caused nothing but trouble.

" Hey Golbach," said Matthew. " You got my homework finished?"

Matthew and his friends walked up to Sam and slammed his locker shut. " Well?" asked Matthew.

" Yea, it's done," said Sam, turning on his crutches to face Matt and hand him the homework. Matthew then pretended he accidentally dropped the papers.

" Oops," laughed Matt. " Pick them up."

" I can't," said Sam.

Matthew got right up close to Sam's face. " Pick. Them. Up!" said Matthew.

Sam tried his best to bend down and reach for the papers, when Matt suddenly swiped Sam's crutch out from underneath his arm. Sam fell to the ground, slamming against the lockers. Matt and his friends laughed. Sam reached for his crutches but Matthew kicked them away and that's when Colby had seen enough. He walked over and stepped in front of Matt, shielding Sam.

" Get out the way Brock," said Matthew.

" Picking on a kid with a broken leg, how shallow can you possibly be?" asked Colby.

" Why do you care?" asked Matthew. " He's just some kid."

" He's not just some kid, he's my brother," said Colby. " Touch him again, and you'll be the next one with a broken leg."

Colby and Matthew stared each other down when a teacher suddenly made their way over.

" Snitches get stitches Golbach. Unless you want that other leg broken, keep your mouth shut," said Matthew.

" Everything alright over here, gentlemen?" asked the teacher.

" Everything is fine," said Matthew. " Isn't it?"

" Yea, everything is fine," said Sam.

" Colby, are you okay?" asked the teacher.

" Yea, I was just helping Sam," said Colby.

" Very well, now all of you, get to class please," said the teacher.

Matt and his friends walked away smirking as they left Sam and Colby alone. Colby quickly helped Sam up and then handed him his crutches.

" Since when have you been doing his homework?" asked Colby.

" Since the beginning of the year," said Sam.

" Why would you do that?" asked Colby.

" He can be very intimidating when he wants to be," said Sam.

" Did he threaten you?" asked Colby. " Why didn't you say anything?"

" You heard what he said," responded Sam. " Snitches get stitches, besides, it's not like you would have cared anyway."

" That's not true," said Colby.

" Thanks for helping me," said Sam, " but I need to get to class." Sam then grabbed his bag and hopped down the hall.

That night while at home, Colby knocked on Sam's door. He threw it open and had snacks and two video game controllers in his hand.

" You, me, Super Smash Bros," said Colby.

" I'm not really in the mood for video games," said Sam. He was busy taking notes from a textbook.

" Are you seriously doing homework on a Friday night?" asked Colby.

" I need to have this done by Monday," said Sam.

Colby looked at him and frowned. " That's not your homework, is it?" said Colby.

Sam eyed him worriedly. Colby then walked over and shut the textbook, moving it off of Sam's desk.

" What are you doing?' asked Sam. " Give that back."

" Not unless you play," said Colby.

" I already told you, I can't," said Sam.

" C'mon, just one round," said Colby.

Sam smiled. " You're on," said Sam.

However many rounds later, Sam and Colby were still playing. They were laughing and cheering and booing at each other as they happily played. Soon, they were high fiving and practically out of their seats cheering. Their parents had to finally tell them to settle down around 2:30 am. Both of them looked at each other.

" This was fun," said Sam.

" Yea, it was," said Colby. " Look, I really am sorry about your leg. I really didn't mean to do that."

" I know," said Sam, smiling. " It's okay."

Colby smiled back at him. " Goodnight Sam," said Colby.

" Goodnight Colby," responded Sam.

Sam and Colby had spent the rest of the weekend hanging out. It's the most time they had ever spent together since their parents got married. They had completely lost track of time over the weekend because of all the fun they were having. They were finally starting to bond like real brothers.

Both of them walked into school Monday morning, only separating for a minute to go to their lockers.

" Where the fuck is it?!" yelled Matt.

Colby looked over and saw Matt all up in Sam's face. " Hey, I'm talking to you, Sir Limps A Lot," said Matt.

" I lost track of time over the weekend and forgot to do it," said Sam. " But you have that class last period, I'll have it done before then, okay?"

" No, not okay," said Matt, throwing Sam against the lockers.

" Hey, stop right there," said Colby.

" Get lost Brock, or you're next," said Matt.

" He said stop," responded Jake, who came up behind Colby along with several other players from the football team. Matt looked at all of them.

" You wanna try taking all of us?" asked Corey.

" This isn't over," said Matt.

" Oh, it's over," said the principal as he made his way over to Matt. " Matthew, my office, now."

" You little snitch, you ratted me out," said Matt, tightening his grip on Sam.

" He didn't tell anyone, I did," said Colby. " Well, I told the football team."

" Who then told the principal," finished Jake. " You can give all of us our stitches later, when you get back from your suspension."

" I wouldn't get too comfortable on the baseball team either," said Corey.

They all watched as Matthew was led away by the principal and then they all turned their attention to Sam.

" You okay?" asked Colby.

" Yea, thanks guys," said Sam.

" Don't thank us, thank Colby," said Jake.

Sam smiled and nodded happily to Colby as they went their separate ways. Later that day, Sam went with Colby to tryouts. They were walking along, talking and laughing when suddenly their coach called for Colby.

" Brock," said the coach. " Over here. Now!"

Colby walked over to his coach and Sam hopped over with him. He was getting much faster on his crutches.

" What's up coach?" asked Colby.

" Did you break Golbach's leg?" asked the coach.

" I-well," stuttered Colby.

" Don't lie to me," said their coach angrily. " Did you or did you not break his leg?"

" I did," said Colby.

" The hells the matter with you, boy?" yelled their coach. " You have been captain of this team for the past 2 years and that's how you choose to act."

Colby hung his head in silence, unsure of what to say. His coach continued.

" I'm sorry, but I can't condone that type of attitude," said the coach. " Don't bother coming to the rest of the tryouts, you're off the team."

" What?" asked Colby in disbelief.

" My mind is made up, Brock," said the coach, turning back to the field.

" Coach please," said Colby, sadly.

" Go home, Brock," said the coach.

" Hey coach?" said Sam. The coach stopped and turned to look at Sam. He gently hopped over. " You have to let him play."

" I'm sorry Sam, I know he's your brother," said the coach. " But he knows better. I can't have that type of unsportsmanlike attitude on this team."

" Please, coach, football is everything to him." explained Sam. " It's his whole life and he trains so hard, every summer to get ready for the season. He puts his blood, sweat and tears into this sport. Please don't take away the one thing he has that's his. He's really talented, and I promise you won't regret it. Give him another chance, please?"

The coach looked at Sam and then glanced over at Colby. He then sighed heavily.

" I don't give second strikes, Brock," said their coach. " If I hear of anything like that happening from you again, you're gone. Now, gear up and get your ass on the field."

" Yes sir," said Colby happily.

Sam turned back to face Colby and was nearly knocked to the ground as Colby threw his arms around his brother.

" Thank You," said Colby. " Thank you, thank you."

" You're welcome," said Sam. "That's what brothers are for."

Colby pulled away. " Damn right," said Colby, patting Sam on the shoulder.

" Go on, get going, Brock," said Sam.

" I love you bro," said Colby.

Sam's eyes went wide in shock. He smiled happily at Colby. Sam practically had tears in his eyes.

" I love you too," said Sam. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.7K 258 30
just a couple sam and colby oneshots from my first sam and colby book. the first chapter explains a lot of stuff just read to understand!!
54.6K 235 144
If you've read Social Life here's another part for it!! Which you WILL want to read Social life before coming to this story :) :) :)
5K 70 40
(A Colby Brock and Sam Goldbach ff) A love story between multiple members of the trap house. Who will Neveah chose?
6.8K 59 17
y/n x Sam are friends but do they become more than friends or maybe y/n dates both Sam and Colby stick to the story and find out