Hinged, Grown and Sexy

By HiPaul2

Divine Jackson is driven. She's always had people to take care of, and that list barely included herself. So... More

1. Problem Solver
2. Unhinged
3. The Book
4. Backtrack
5. Welcome Home
6. Tasting
7. Rhythmic Romance
9. Ferris Fairytales
10. Save the Date
11. It Suits You
12. Seductive Plans
13. Night Cap
14. More and a Half
15. Reclaim Time
16. Roll Bounce
17. Baecation Errands
18. Full Sight
19. Lovers and Friends
20. Secrets and Dresses
21. Ties That Bind
22. Blood over Water
23. Whispered Confessions
24. Memory Replay
25. Soft Needs
26. Party Prep

8. Spoken Fun

188 15 2
By HiPaul2

My mouth gaped as I stared at the man across from me.

Why'd he have to be so...good? How did he know exactly what I wanted?

I'd only allow myself brief moments to live in daydreams and fantasies, but in all of them, I craved a man that could handle me in my entirety. Love my ugly, love my pain, and love me until you can't think but to love me more.

"Well, I just got this assignment recently, and I think it might be a step in the right direction to make partner at my firm. If it works out, I could get access to bigger clients."

Even without seeing the mirror image of myself in the reflection of Eli's eyes and the napkin holder, I knew I radiated passion.

I loved what I did. There's some people that just know what they were born to do, and I'm one of them. I was born to be a lawyer, and I always knew I would have to be a success.

"That fire in your eyes is amazing, forreal. You're making your own way despite all obstacles." He nodded.

And somehow, I knew he wasn't bullshitting. Eli meant every word he said.

"I'm not going to lie, it's been hard. Sometimes, I have to work twice as hard, but that's just the name of the game." I shrugged.

Eli hummed for a moment at my statement while he watched me.

"Must be exhausting." He finally said, and I stilled.

"Yeah, I guess it is."

It felt almost like a deep exhale to admit it out loud. Weights fell from my shoulders to relax further into Eli's company.

I was the self-appointed strong member of my friend group. Lift them up when they're down and fight battles before they start.

But, damn, I needed someone to fight my battles for me sometimes.

A warm hand enveloped mine, fingers resting on the pulse of my wrists.

"You can rest with me, it's safe here." Eli promised.

Before I could stumble for a reply, a sultry voice filled the space and the music quieted.

"Hey, y'all. Some of you might know me, but I'm Angel." Cheers and applause went through the crowd.

Whoever was on the mic was clearly a fan favorite.

I turned quickly to find out who it was, and there stood one of the most beautiful women I'd ever seen.

Long, bubble braids that fell to her thick thighs framed her smooth, cinnamon skin. Her lips and brows were full, and even from here, I could see one of her eyes were a hazel green.

The way she moved was derivative of her namesake, like she was perfectly molded by God's hands. Her voice made it even more evident with its silky, husked nature.

I just know she talks you through it.

"Spoken word is something I do in the pastime, so be easy on me." Angel turned the band. "Can y'all play something slow?"

Her voice had that smooth evening radio quality to it. Oddly, it reminded me of burning sage.

It blended perfectly with the low thump of the bass and the consistent ticks of the drums. Slowly, she moved so her lips just barely touched the mic and began to speak,

"I'm...impatient.
Because waiting is overrated.
I've resorted to inventing you in my mind.
Brown skin, sensual touch, and lips that fit perfectly to mine." Angel started, serenading us with carefully timed words.

The crowd had started to snap in time with the music, and I found myself joining in without even realizing. This woman was so captivating at that moment that we were all hypnotized listeners.

"How long will you make me wait, fate?
Eclipses have come and gone, moons full and waned.
So now the colors have dripped from my dreams.
And I'm still falling apart at my technicolor seams.

But still I wonder...
If I was patient, would you have came?
You know I had the night pictured,
And I'd imagine love would linger.

It never came.
Because I couldn't... wait."

The last word seemed to almost echo through the crowd, and my heart thumped loudly over the sudden silence. Blood rushed in my ears from
how vividly her words resonated with me.

I'd been waiting, even if I won't admit it, for the perfect guy to drop out the sky and align with everything I wanted. That's what soulmates were supposed to be, right?

The exact pro to your con, the yin to your yang.

But throughout the years, loneliness had made me complacent. I'd stayed longer with men I shouldn't have, and I tolerated red flags for temporary satisfaction.

All of them managed to turn me on, but none really understood me or what I was fighting for. I doubt any of them had even tried.

And now, I'm sitting across from this painfully fine man without being able to enjoy it because of my own worries. I mean I had to practically force my pussy to stop purring at the thought of him in between my legs.

Still, I couldn't put my finger on Eli's special sauce. What made him so different from the men before?

Applause finally started to seep in through my mind's have.

"Thank you all, but let's get back to this music." Angel laughed warmly before turning to the band. "Y'all know 'Say Yes' by Floetry?"

Instead of answering, the man of the piano started the opening notes.

"Alright now, I guess y'all do know it. Is that alright?" Angel sang, mixing her own words in with the beginning lyrics.

Eventually, the crowd joined in to sing along after letting out whoops of encouragement.

"There is only one for me
You have made that possibility
We can take that step to see, hmm
If this is really gonna be
All you gotta do is say yes. Everybody join in!" Angel exclaimed, hitting each note perfectly.

Easily, we all joined in to create a harmony amongst the crowd to sing the chorus. Suddenly, people with nothing in common, but this night, were connected.

"What you know about this?" Eli asked.

"Boy, what do you mean? This was my jam back in college. Shit, it's even on my sex playlist."

"Sex playlist?" He questioned with a raised brow and fingers trailing across the table.

Have you ever just watched someone move and hope—no, pray—that they'd touch you?

"What can I say? I like to set the mood."

"Mmhm, come here then." Eli said, easily pulling my chair into his side.

Immediately, I was hit with is mahogany, almost spiced scent. Warmth radiated off of him and if he wrapped his arms around me, I'd be completely cocooned by him.

I didn't even have time to react before he was whispering lyrics into my ear, and every so often, his bottom lip would touch the shell of my ear. It was difficult controlling the shivers, but, fuck he was good.

It didn't help that the brother had a pretty decent singing voice.

"Don't deny what you feel, let me undress you, baby.
Open up your mind and just rest
I'm about to let you know, you make me so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so."

Instead of repeating the last line of the song, Eli groaned softly in my ear. The man clearly had no sympathy for the state of my panties because his hand trailed up from my calf to grip possessively at my thick thighs.

"Loving you has taken time,
But I always knew you could be mine." He continued, eyes burning into mine.

Spurned on by his actions, I took over for the next lines.

"I recognize the butterflies inside me,
Sense is gonna be made tonight.
All you got to do is say yes." My words trailed off as the moment became still.

The voices of the people surrounding us became echoes, and all thoughts quieted except for one.

I wanted to kiss him. To know his taste so intimately I could pick out its flavor profile. I wanted him.

So, purely for scientific purposes, I did.

I moved forward, pressing my full lips against his. Oddly, I thought that they fit almost perfectly with his bottom lip just a little larger than mine. It was perfect to suck on and gently bite.

But I didn't have control for long.

After the shock wore off, he grasped my jaw and neck firmly to angle my head to sweetly caress my tongue with his. I didn't bother fighting him this time because I wanted it.

I wanted his dominance to control me, so I didn't have to think about work tomorrow or what my siblings might need this week. I wanted him to completely own my mind and body.

Soften me until I've become clay to be molded into his most delightful fantasy. Because if he put it down like I think he does, he's already mine.

When we finally broke away from each other, an old conversation with Olivia popped into my head.

It was one of the reasons she'd always stayed with Chris; she called it princess treatment.

I think I finally understand what she meant.

🐞

We stayed until closing, and even then, people were slow to leave and quick to linger.

Eli and I had just started approaching the door when I caught a glimpse of Angel from the corner of my eye.

"Eli!" She called with surprising excitement.

The woman said a quick goodbye to the group that seemed to be fawning over her before heading straight for us with a giant smile on her face.

She was even prettier up close, and I pitied all the men and women that had to squirm under her multicolored gaze. Her presence was both explosive and calming all at once.

"Hey, Angel." He greeted, but he didn't move his hand away from my back.

"It's been a while since I saw you here! Justice said you got all important and moved overseas. And you've never come with a date." Angel wiggled her brows suggestively.

"This is Divine, my date for this evening and hopefully many more after." Eli replied, turning toward me to hold my gaze.

Genuine intent seemed to be a consistent look for him whenever he was around me, and I damn sure wasn't complaining. I liked feeling wanted, but I liked the way he showed it even more.

"Well, I'm Genuine like the wine, but everyone calls me by my middle name, Angel. What did you think?" She eagerly asked.

Her obvious delight with life was practically infectious, and I found myself smiling with her.

"I didn't even know something like this was out here, so I really enjoyed myself, and your set was really good. Definitely a night worth remembering." I complimented as I cast a secretly appreciative look at Eli.

"Don't bump her head up too much, it might all go to her head since she's the owner."

"Oh, hush." Angel playfully rolled her eyes at Eli's joke. "I just like to make sure all my customers are satisfied. You two be sure to come back." She winked before heading off into another group of inspired patrons.

"Owner?" I questioned. "How'd you get in good with the owner?"

"It might surprise you, but I'm actually extremely likable." He chuckled.

"Mmmhm. Something tells me there's more to that story."

"Alright, I'll tell you the truth." He said, pulling us to a stop before embracing me from behind with his arms wrapped around my shoulders. "A couple drinks and a dare might've led to me getting on stage and stumbling out an elementary ass poem that made Angel pity me so bad she put the rest of my drinks for the night on her tab."

If this man kept whispering in my ear, that would just have to be the only way we communicate cause it felt like butterflies and honey. Unfortunately, it made me practically forget whatever we were talking about.

"Huh?" I asked, but he was already chuckling and leading me back toward the car.

"Don't worry, beauty. You'll learn all my secrets soon enough."

Now, didn't that just sound like the best temptation. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you guys think of Angel?  Doesn't poetry just get you in a romantic mood?

Thanks for reading! If you want more, there are some early access chapters on my Patreon! https://patreon.com/vationwrites

💗Don't forget to vote and comment, it means a lot!💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 1.1K 25
*COMPLETED!* Cover by @sandsmark Currently being EDITED. 1st Place Winner of The Chaos Awards 3: Romance 4/26/2018 "Can't you give me a break, Austi...
2.2M 41.2K 25
How far would you go to protect the ones you love? A successful architect with a promising career in London, Brian's world spins out of control when...
67.3K 8K 41
(COMPLETED) Fatimah Woods is a Drafting and Design Engineer who constantly gets bullied by some of her co-workers for being obese. The firm she work...
35.6K 2.2K 31
Bookworm Alicia Woodson only cares about one thing: having a successful life now that she's done with college. And the way she plans to do that is to...