Force

By Rainha_Ray

On his journey to LA, Tommy stops in Chicago, only to discover shocking news about his family; Tommy must dec... More

C1. A Short Fuse and a Long Memory
C2. King Of The Goddamn Hill
C3. Fire Starter
C4. Storm Clouds
C5. Take Me Home
C6. It's Just A Test
C7. This Is Who We Are
C8. Outrunning A Ghost
C9. Killing Me Softly
C 10. He Ain't Heavy
C11. Test Of Loyalty
C12. What You'd Do For Power
C.13. The Throw Down
C14. Run My Mouth
C. 13 Lose To Gain
C.14. The Ball Don't Stop
C. 16 War & Ice
C.17 Therapy Sessions
C.18 Devil In The Details
C.19 Crown Vic

C. 15 Bridges Are Drawn

193 11 4
By Rainha_Ray

Celeste POV

I sit at my desk as I work. Tommy talked me into trying to be 'normal' again whatever the hell that means. He and Diamond have been keeping me out of the loop as well and it's making me suspicious. As I look at my spread sheets and other important bullshit I sigh rubbing my eyes.

I should want this life, not the one where drugs and guns are always being discussed. I worked hard to get where I am right now and I can't get hood men out of my fucking bed. I sit back and just as I do, I hear my assistant tell me on the intercom that Victor Flynn is here to see me. I sigh and tell her to let him in. Once he makes his way through the door he turns and locks it and I raise an eyebrow.

"Never expected you to have your own office,"I roll my eyes and I look at him.

"What you want Vic? I'm busy."He sits down in the chair in front of me and I look at him, using him as a new focus point as I try to distract myself.

"Tommy came to speak to me at Gloria's grave," I nod, trying to not really think about why he was at her grave. I miss my best friend more than anything, her not being here just doesn't feel right. "Told me that I could back into the fold working with CBI or start my own shit."

I look at him. "Well, what do you want to do? I mean hell it's not like you really have a lot of options."He nods before looking at me.

"What do you think I should do? This shit isn't what I wanted, Celeste I wanted to just handle the shit that needed to be handled not... All of this." I nod understanding. He was prepared to handle a calm situation, not this bullshit Tommy and Jenard created because that's exactly what they did, they created this mess.

"Well, you do know the only way to get what you want right?" He nods and I see his face flush at the idea.

"That's where I was hoping you'd be able to help me with... I know that you're loyal and you know your way around the business and at this point... I don't know who I can trust at this point."I tilt my head as I look at him now more focused on his words rather than his face.

"You want me to help you, with the Flynn Business? Vic be for real." He leans on the desk and I see the desperation in his eyes.

"You and I both know that you have the brains to do this, the legal side and the illegal side, Tommy and Diamond keep you on the bench, with me you'd be have hands in everything."I look at him and I weigh my options, which one would probably give me that rush that I obviously stupidly crave.

"Alright, do the necessary leg work and I'll let you know. Deal?" He jumps up and I reframe from rolling my eyes at his chipper puppy ass. "But, no stepping on CBI toes okay? Chicago is big enough for the three of yall." He nods and he tells me that he'll speak to me later before he touches the door I speak up.

"I don't do business with addictions of any sort, so either let me know now or don't contact me anymore. Understand?" He looks back at me and nods.

"I completely understand." I nod as he leaves out and I sigh looking at my work, finally having a little bit more energy to finally get more done.

Don't worry about hood shit because you're not there right now.

__________

I sit and listen as Tommy talks about the fact that he dropped Chewy and how Diamond isn't understanding what the big picture is. Once we make it to Miguel's spot, he tells me to stay in the car as he grabs the duffle bag and heads out. I close my eyes as I rest. Not even four minutes later I hear gunshots and I duck down grabbing my gun as I look around. Once the shooting stops I get out of the car and I run towards the spot seeing Miguel holding the bag and Tommy on the ground. I call out to them as I run the rest of the way. Miguel turns to look at me and stop in front of him.

"I was wondering when I'd see your pretty little face again. You with the white boy?" I nod.

"Yeah, Diamond sent me with him. Is he okay?" He nods before telling me to follow him. We make it inside the warehouse and take in the new and old faces and things around me as I follow them taking Tommy to a room. Before I can follow behind Tommy Miguel grabs my attention and I look at him.

"You've always been honest with me, even when your brother wasn't. Tell me, who is this guy? Because my people tell me that he's from New York, and everyone he was connected to is dead." I sigh as I ruffle my braids and I shrug.

"That's about right, Tommy is damn near a Ghost right now tryna make a name for himself in Chicago... If I'm being honest I don't know what the fuck is happening man. The last time shit was somewhat normal was when Diamond first got out. Now Jenard on that shit and Diamond is being the first ever pacifist drug boss I've ever heard of. It's a mind fuck." He chuckles and nods he looks me up and down before looking at the room they took Tommy in.

"I heard about your ex, kidnapping you. How are you doing?" I smile at his concern and I shrug.

"I'm alive... Something in me isn't the same as it was before but you just gotta keep pushing right?" He looks at me and I see that big brother look cover his face.

"No, I remember when Diamond first brought you here with him. I told him that he should keep you out of this mess, the same way I keep Mireya out of this. She's only exposed to very delicate matters and doesn't touch anything else." I grin as I nod.

"Yeah, well you're a good big brother what can I say? Not every little girl is lucky enough to have a dedicated big brother." He moves so we're closer and he grabs my chin softly making me look at him in the eye.

"That could all change. All you have to do is come over to this side, I'll take care of you and any needs you might have." I grin as I look at him and I tilt my head keeping his eyes.

"I thought it was against bro code to make a move on another guy's little sister?" He chuckles and I look down at his smile before looking at him again.

"You and I both know that those rules don't apply to me and you know it pretty girl, because quiet as kept? You're the only reason I'm still working with your family." I can't help the chuckle that leaves my lips as I nod his hand as moved to cupping my face and I raise an eyebrow.

" You and I both know the real reason for you working with my people. It's the same reason we working with you...for Power, something neither of us can have if the other goes."It's his turn to chuckle and he removes his hand and straightens up. I turn around and I walk to the room.

I hear Tommy and Mireya whispering and I stand a few inches from the threshold while I listen.

"... What are you talking about? I did this to see you again,"I frown at his words, what the fuck have I missed?

"And somehow, you manage to still flirt, even though you're in pain." I now lean against the threshold making sure to keep my body out of sight.

"You got pretty eyes."

"No,I'm not going there with you" Well it's too late now bitch.

"What are you talking about? Go where with me? I'm just sayin from where I'm sitting, you look like a angel." I bite my lip as I force myself to not confront them right now but one of the guys comes and grabs Tommy and I walk back towards Miguel who has the product. Tommy comes up to us and we walk out. I keep silent as they talk about the Serbs doing that hit.

Soon I see his grandma get out of the car, I smile at her and she smiles back waving as she walks past as Tommy tries to get in good, making me roll my eyes as I walk back over to Miguel. We both give goodbye kisses on the cheeks before I start for the car.

Once inside Tommy doesn't say anything and neither do I. As we get closer to my house he speaks up.

"You seem close to the Garcia family." I shrug my tone of voice indifferent.

"Miguel has been a good friend since me and Diamond got CBI off the ground for real. Mireya and I go way back too, we went to university together before we knew about our street connection. Her for nursing, me for Business and Chem." He nods.

"That's dope. Having friends in high places and what not."I nod taking note of his throat clearing when I brought up Mireya. It's silence again until we arrive to the baber shop. I sit down in one of the chairs as I check my phone seeing if Viv replied to my messages. Which he hasn't, he's going out bad and I know Gloria wouldn't want this for him. I hear Tommy ask about 290 and I sigh leaning back closing my eyes feeling sleepy. I hear Diamond call me and I open my eyes and I look at him.

"You feeling alright? You looking a bit tired" I nod.

"I'm fine, just a little sleepy, work has been kicking my ass."He nods as he looks at me. I decide to stand up and tell them both I'll see them later. I get into my car and I sigh before I pull out my phone and I look for apartments finding the one I had my eyes on a minute ago. I call the company that owns the building and I make an appointment for thirty minutes and I pull off heading there but not before grabbing some coffee, even though I know that'll be one of the best worst ideas I'll ever make.
____

As I finish signing my lease and writing the check out to expedite this process, the woman hands me the keys and tells me all the information for the lobby folks before leaving. I sigh as I look around the empty house. I sit on the island and I grab my tablet as I start to reorder all my old furniture or newer pieces that I like more and I sigh rubbing my forehead.

What the hell is wrong with me? Why am I in this funk? Maybe I'm just over thinking everything.

_________

I pack the little stuff I did have in Tommy's room back into the duffle bags as he watches me.

"You don't think you're moving a little too fast?"I shake my head.

"I said I wouldn't be here long, this was a condo I was looking at for a second anyway before all the bullshit. Plus all my furniture is there now. All I need to do is get all my shit moved in and I'll be good." He nods as he watches me before grabbing the three duffle bags and helping me carry them downstairs as I hold the other.

Once I get everything I press a quick kiss to his lips and he smiles and I smile back.

"Maybe after you finish with everything you can come over?" He smiles and nods.

"I'll be there" I get back into my truck before I pull off heading to my new home.

Sitting in my new living room watching TV while working I hear my phone ring and I pick up seeing it's the police station. I frown and answer.

"Hello?"

"Celeste? It's Vic, I need you come pick me up" I give a stank face before I sigh putting my computer up.

"Alright, Vic where you at?"

"The goddamn police station, Celeste damn!" Fucking dumbass!

"I meant which district you, dumb ass motherfucker! And don't be saying my God damn name in that piece of shit" He mutters the district like an injured puppy before I hang up and I grab a long cardigan before shuffling my way out of the house and down to the God damn police station for a white boy I should've killed a minute ago.

As I wait for him outside I see Tommy text me that he's on his way and I send a text back telling him to give me a minute because something came up and to give me a hour or so. He sends an okay and just as I toss my phone onto the passenger seat I see Vic walk out of the precinct and I see Walter intercept him. I decide to be nosey before I drop a window so I can hear what's going on.

"How'd you know I was here?" Someone must've snitched on yo ass to yo daddy.

"That's what happens when you throw the Flynn name around. "I honk my horn once slightly and I see him start walking towards me telling his dad that he's going home. And Walter follows wanting to keep up the conversation.

"Hey. This is nonsense, Victor. Look at you. You're a wreck. You need to come back to the family." I roll my eyes. I don't think anyone needs to be in that terrible ass family personally.

"What is it you want? Is it an apology? 'sorry'? Is that what you need to hear? I'm sorry I've been such a shitty fucking father. And Gloria. I fucked up. I can never fix that or the pain that you're feeling. Just face to face right now, I'm telling you I need you. I need you Victor. I don't have much longer."Awww, he's dying? Good old prejudice fuck.

" I need you to be your own man, have your own legacy." Victor mentions telling kicking Gloria out and Victor asks if something happened between the two and now I'm interested in the family tea forget the street bullshit. Soon Walter agrees and tells Victor he'll get everything settled. Soon he tells his father he'll talk to him and he walks to my car getting in and I pull off.

"So you working with your father again?" He holds my phone in his hand flipping it as he shakes his head.

"No, I just want to mess with them. For a while. I know my father is full of shit it doesn't take much to recognize that. Thanks for picking me up by the way." I shrug

"I wasn't doing much anyway. So, what type of under the influence charge did you get?" He looks at me and rolls his eyes shaking his head.

"Driving... And before you try to say it, I don't have a problem and I don't want to fix it."I nod and I start towards my house.

"For one yes you do. Two you should want to fix it. Gloria wouldn't want you like this so fuck you and your emotional breakdown you're about to have and if you touch that door imma try to run your stanky ass over."He huffs like a toddler and crosses his arms looking out the window.

"You're still a bitch" I scoff and grin with a shrug.

"And you're still a whiny spoiled child" He shakes his head ignoring me and I continue to drive to my house. Once I get in I wait for him to get out of the car which he does as if he's still a toddler. He marches behind me as we walk through the lobby and up to the elevator and to my floor.

When we get there I kick my house shoes off as I walk towards the spare room and I grab the spare clothes that are closest to his size. Downside of having many guy friends who are always getting hurt. You keep spare clothe around. I also have some for Que, but that's only because she's a messy eater.

When I walk back into the living room I hear him in the kitchen and I see him in my wine fridge. I march over to him and snatch the bottle from his lips.

"I will fuck you up if you drink anymore of my comfort wine you alchy. Go shower you smell and toss your clothes out once you get out of them so I can wash em." He crosses his arms and I groan already knowing he's gonna put up a fight.

"And why should I listen to you? I'm not even supposed to be here. I don't have to be here." I look at before I go to my plant and I grab my plant mister and I start to spray him making him yell and try to block the water.

"Okay! Okay! O-fucking-kay!" I stop and he huffs wiping the water from his face and arm. I smile.

"Go on, be a good boy" He snatches the clothes from the island chair and storms off and slams the door and I yell out.

"Don't slam no mo fucking doors in my house either ya bastard!" He makes some unnecessary groan back at my response and I sigh before I text Que.

Me:I'm taking in Gloria's little pet.

She reads it right away before typing sending the eye emoji before asking why.

Me:He's becoming an alcoholic and his trying to ruin his life. I literally just picked him up from the police station.

Que:I thought you ain't like the man? Why you care?

I look at her message as I try to find any answer that works until she sends another text.

Que:Aww you taking care of what Gloria cared most about. I knew you had a heart.

I roll my eyes and I send a middle finger.

Me:He looks like a kicked puppy that was abandoned by his owners...smells like it too.

She sends a skull before telling me she'll call me later before I head to the kitchen, forcing myself to cook breakfast food because I'm sure his irresponsible ass hasn't eaten anything that's actually worth eating. I hear the bathroom door open and the bastards clothes hits my wall and I roll my eyes at his obvious attitude.

When I put the clothes in the washer I hear him walking out of the bathroom and I hear his bare feet hitting the floor as I walk back to the kitchen and I wash my hands as I butter the pancakes. He sits down with his head in his hands.

"You smell better. Look it too. Hungry?" He looks at me and I tilt my head slightly. He looks at the food before he nods.

"I can eat something." I nod to the food as I put my own food on my plate. He gets up and I sit down. Once he's grabbed his full he sits in front of me one seat down and we sit in silence as we eat.

"I miss her a lot too... After I was able to get away from Daniel she was the first one I wanted to call... Until I remembered that she wasn't here anymore. It hurts... And it wasn't your fault." He stabs at his food and I see his eyes watering as he finally nods.

"Yes it was. Tommy told me to take a different car. I didn't. It is my fault she's dead. I should've protected her." I watch him and I sigh.

"You couldn't Vic, Que and I both know that you have protected her every time she was with you. You can't stop a bullet if it was meant for someone. Even if she wasn't supposed to be there. That bullet was meant for her. It sucks but she wouldn't want you punishing yourself. I know that I'm the last person's opinion you'd care about but I don't want you to punish yourself for it. Sure at first I did...but I know it's not fair. You lost the love of your life but not your life. She wouldn't want you to suffer." He doesn't say anything as he forks food into his mouth and I take that as his way of ending the conversation. I look back at my food.

Soon we are finished and I clean up everything before we sit in the living room. I grab the bottle of wine plus another one as I hold them up and he looks at me. "I have a proposition for you," I hold out my wine to him he was chugging and I speak.

"I'll give you my favorite wine; Only if you promise me that you'll work on not drinking so much. I'll even get drunk with you tonight so you aren't in this shit alone, because if I'm being honest I need one of these types of nights myself. Deal?" He looks at me and nods a little and I hand him the bottle and I sit next to him and I grab the remote putting on some vampire show and turning off the lights and we sit in silence enjoying our drinks.

After a season I'm a little past tipsy and I'm laid out on the couch and Victor is on the long part. My bottle on the ground as I try to keep my eyes open.

"So... This is the Celestial, Gloria and Que always bragged about."I look over at him and I chuckle.

"Drunk me? Those bitches can't talk about shit. I'm a sleepy drunk those two... Fucking animals."He laughs and I chuckle.

"No. Gloria she...she said that you weren't the type to coddle. Just fucking sit with them and let them be," He pauses and I lift my head seeing him watching the TV before he continues. "You don't try to make people happy just let'em know they're not alone." I hum as I lay back down and I shrug.

"I guess... Hell I don't know what I'm doing if I'm being honest. Diamond says I'm like a cat so... Fucking I guess that shit fits?" He laughs and I chuckle with him. It gets silent for a while before he speaks again.

"I feel so alone now... I don't think anyone really loves me now that Gloria is gone. My best friend is dead, my dad fucking sucks, my sister sucks, my girlfriend is dead." I sit up and I look at him.

"You're not alone. Plus if you can make me laugh a few more times I'll love you" He looks at me and I shrug uncaring as I lean back into the back pillows.

"I'm a simple person. I already trust you, plus you're in my fucking house and know where my job is, only three people can just come into my house on any given day and one is dead. Plus I've known you long enough so loving you can come easier I guess." He chuckles and sits up too doing the same thing and we look at each other for a moment and I chuckle.

"If you want, you can stay here whenever you feel lonely. I'm usually home or at work now." He gives a side smile and he nods.

"Thanks Celeste. You... You don't understand what that means to me." I wave my hand at him he chuckles as I lay back down on the couch.

"Just keep up your end of the deal. Because if you drink my chardonnay again I'll cut you." He chuckles and I smile as I close my eyes finally enjoying the cold of the house and buzz.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 156 25
"Rosie, I'm no fucken angel. People like me are the ones I'm trying to protect you from."-Mateo De Leon "What if I don't need protection? I'm old eno...
54K 1.7K 51
James parents was died when he was12,his aunt and uncle adopt him but they never treat him well they made him servant of their house they made him do...
80.4K 1K 74
"James you are all of my answered prayers" "you show me the way to your heart and I will never get out of there now that i'm in" **** A quiet girl w...
5.9K 61 4
MyKing Black is a young man who thinks he knows exactly what he wants. He has a love for money and power and he does whatever he has to do to get it...