My favorite enemy

By sinzdoll4

Scarlett Watts, a mildly shy yet outgoing 18 year old girl. Some days she's scared of her own shadow, and oth... More

Authors note and character aesthetics + playlist!
Chapter two | a new face
Chapter three | not just another dumb blonde
chapter four | if looks could kill
Chapter five | drunk clutz
Chapter six | maybe a bit protective
chapter seven | entitled brat
Chapter eight | buzzkill
Chapter nine | stupid questions
Chapter ten | books & assholes
Chapter eleven | aerosol
Chapter twelve | obsession
Chapter thirteen | good girl
chapter fourteen | the man
Chapter fifteen | late night thoughts
Chapter sixteen | robbery
Chapter seventeen | i hate you
Chapter eighteen | my dearest boy
Chapter nineteen | am i a bitch?
Chapter twenty | apologies
Chapter twenty one | budweiser
Chapter twenty two | party
Chapter twenty three | aftermath

Chaper one | the same old start

61 0 1
By sinzdoll4

The man desperately tries to open the front door, in slow motion I fling myself towards it and lock it just in time. I shake with fear as I slowly turn my head towards the back door and as I turn my head back to face the front door, the man is gone.

Just as I start scurrying for the back door the man walks right through it, almost as if he moved at the speed of light. I back away as he makes his way toward me.

"Scarlett.." I continue backing away and try to reach for the drawer in which held all the cutlery without taking my eyes off the man.

"SCARLETT!! You're going to be late, did you stay up all night again?"

I take in my mothers deep sigh even in my half awoken state of fear. I sigh a breath of relief before I quickly sit up.

"SHIT what time is it?!" I jump out of bed and look at the old childhood clock on my bedside table. It reads 7:45 which only makes me move faster.

I'm no longer thinking of the nightmare as I quickly race to the bathroom to brush my teeth and start getting ready, just as I reach the door my brother darts in front of me.

"Haha sucker! You snooze you lose!" He flips me off.

I yank him by the back of his shirt and pull him back before darting in.

"Yeah nice try shithead!" I immediately grab the toothpaste and slap it on the toothbrush, I hear the faint sound of my brother complaining to my mom about the occurrence and I smirk to myself.

Once I get back to my room I check the time once again, 7:50. "God damnit!" I hear the sound of a jeep honking aggressively outside and I already know Valerie is here.

"Just a minute just a minute!" I shout despite the fact that no one can hear my frustration but me.

I quickly throw on my white skirt, not too short but not long enough to look like a nun. I pair it with a tight white long sleeve and a pair of cute white sneakers, I grab my backpack and dart downstairs.

I race for the front door, "Bye to you too!" My mom calls out as I open the front door.

"Bye mom love you!" I flash a quick smile before putting a pep into my sneakers as I race to Valerie's car.

I quickly hop in and I'm immediately hit with the overwhelming smell of her vanilla scent.

"Hey Val!" I give her a quick hug.

"Jesus woman, took you long enough!" She lets out a breathy laugh as we take off from the front of my house.

I'm never excited for the first day of school, I've done it for thirteen years but the sinking feeling in my stomach never goes away. There really is nothing to be nervous about, I mean living in a small town like Florence, you never expect anything new but my anxiety says otherwise.

Valerie on the other hand, she has confidence like no other. I don't think I've ever seen her nervous about anything.. like ever. We've been best friends since freshman year and don't get me wrong I love her, but her ego is almost as big New York City.

We hop out of her Jeep, the smell of vanilla following us out. I take in deep breaths and let out sighs as we make our way inside.

Per usual, people are crowded around outside, gawking and whispering.. what's new.

We waste no time walking right in and going to our lockers, we stand there before familiar faces start flooding in.

"Oh my god.. Scarlett look." Valerie nudges my shoulder and I almost don't want to look up, I don't know what to expect with her ever.

As I look up I see Justin Stone. I internally roll my eyes, Valerie has been gawking over Justin since freshman year.

"He is so hot.." Valerie trails off before giving doe eyes to him from across the hall, despite him not noticing.

"I don't know what you see in him Val, he's a total douche." I roll my eyes externally this time.

"I mean look at him." I pay more attention this time as he lets out his ear shattering fuck boy laugh as he dabs up one of his jock friends.

"You're such a negative Nancy!" Valerie exclaims and I laugh a bit at her comment, it might be true but there was no denying that Justin was a total dick, and she knew that.

After a long excruciating ten minutes, the bell finally rings for first period, Valerie and I start walking towards the classrooms.

"What do you have again?" Valerie asks even though I've told her at least fifty times.

"How many times do I have to tell you, English." I snap back as I roll my eyes

"Oh right, I have math." Valerie let's out a sad sigh as if she can't go without me for more than an hour.

"You will live drama queen, we have second period history together, and it's free seating." I smile excitedly.

I don't blame Valerie, I hate the idea of being in class without her. Yeah I was well off and likable if I do say so myself, but Valerie is the only girl who I genuinely feel comfortable with, I can be myself around her.

I sigh as we depart from one another, I head towards my English class and quickly dart in before the crowd of students come fleeing through the door.

I sit at my assigned seat which happened to be at the front of the class. Just great, now I'm prone to being asked more questions that I more than likely don't have the answer to.

Before I know it, everyone who's supposed to be in the class has already been seated and the teacher begins his lesson.

"So, welcome! My name is Mr. Smith and as you know I'm going to be your English teacher all year round! Come on get excited..."

His voice trails off as I take in everything around me, all of the sudden I hear the same ear shattering cackle from the back of the class and I already know who it is... Justin fucking Stone.

I pay no more attention than I need to as Mr. Smith already starts to pass out a new book, it looks like it could be about as thick as War and Peace.

You have got to be kidding..

I stare down at it like it's my worst enemy.

"It's only the first day and you're already having us read this big ass book?" Justin scoffs followed by his douchey friends laughs.

"Yeah well, you came here to learn not twiddle your thumbs and pick your ass." Mr. Smith claps back and I can't help but snicker to myself. I think I like him already.

The class laughs audibly at his comment and you can tell Mr. Smiths proud of himself, Justin doesn't say anything as he pushes the book to the corner of his desk and pulls out his stupidly expensive phone.

Mr. Smith instructed that we read to page 30, so naturally I start reading.

After about ten minutes the book has already sucked me in like a black hole.

Well well well.. Mr. Smith is funny and he knows how to pick a good book, good thing I have no father and find interest in older men.

I cringe at my own comment before shaking it off and continuing to read.

I hear sudden movement from behind me but I don't think much of it until I hear a kid audibly gasp, at this point I turn around and my eyes widen.

...

Side note: after writing a few chapters, I changed my mind on Scarlett's best friends name. (If you see "Jasmine" anywhere, just know it's supposed to be Valerie.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 44.5K 58
Scarlett isn't just some girl. She's HIS girl. She's also funny,goofy,shy and intelligent all in one. She's an only child and her parents are never...
131K 3.7K 37
Sofia is an ordinary girl, trying to live her life as normally as possible. Being a teen in high school isn't easy for her. Especially finding her pl...
5K 448 45
Scarlett's childhood was not the prettiest. With an emotionally abusive stepfather, an insensitive mother, and an unwillingly absent father, Scarlett...
11.8K 1.3K 45
"𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸..." 𝗜 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲. 𝗜 𝘀𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗹𝘆 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗮𝗽𝗸𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲 �...